Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K - Autos (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K (68536 Views)

I Have A Budget Of 800k To 900k, Car Gurus Which Vehicle Do You Advise I Buy? / ⚫⚫ Planning To Buy A Car❓Got The Car VIN/Chassis Number❓Run It With CarGuideNG! / Saudi Arabia's First Car Showroom For Women Only Opens In Jeddah(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by 0OooooooooooO0: 8:35am On Jun 14, 2020
How people dey take their hand by frustration.

Don't buy a car you will make you know all the mechanics in your LGA.

Keep saving.

For better car,

If you're not using the car for business then use the money to buy land

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by folarr(m): 8:48am On Jun 14, 2020
phal,
Also ask waleco2008
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by frozen70(f): 9:12am On Jun 14, 2020
phal:
Car gurus in the house please kindly help me suggest which car would fit my budget,
I am actually planning to buy my first car as my family is growing big and moving from point A to B is becoming stressful for us, hence I decided to get a very good & sharp Nigerian used car with a budget of 500K max.

I want a car that is very durable, reliable, fuel efficient, cheap and accessible parts, meanwhile I don't want Toyota or Honda as they are too common on Nigerian roads & I also believe they re not the only best car options we can get. Though I am looking at Nissan Almera 2001, Nissan primera 2000 to 2002, VW Golf 3 and Mazda cars from 1999 to 2002 models.

Please kindly help me as I need your car expertise to decide which car to go for ASAP.

Thanking you in advance

Thanking

Toyota and Honda cars are rugged that's why you see them every where

You can buy any car you see any where on display and be ready to be sleeping mechanic every month because the amount you are budgeting can't give you a can with the required conditions that you listed
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by DAVE5(m): 9:29am On Jun 14, 2020
ednut1:
Keke napep self is not 500k

Wicked child, he can get Honda baby boy nah, proly naija used

I don't know sha
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Eldemmi(m): 9:40am On Jun 14, 2020
miketayo:

Really jiji over cars45 ? U can't even get a genuine biscuit on jiji

stop living in old world.. jiji 9/10
car45 3/10
beside jiji is just to connect buyer mainly.
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Dowenship(m): 9:45am On Jun 14, 2020
cbngov01:

I first drove a nissan altima 2003 model and now I drive a pathfinder 2002 model. Nissan all the way!
if u get your Nissan new/ from a trusted owner.. Nissan is one of the best in smoothness but getting Nissan from anybody could be regretable attimes
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by saintchris11(m): 9:55am On Jun 14, 2020
you can get a used Benz C class 1994-1999 model, auto or manual gear for even lesser than the amount you have
one thing you get from the Benz is reliability.. you won't need to bother about shaft, constant change of absorbers etc.
the handling of any Benz is superior to ANY car around.
you can get a C180-C230, the fuel economy is almost better than the corolla.
the engine is rugged... bullet proof they call it.
the only minus is that you may have issues with the AC... the compressor could be annoying but in all, you get a very reliable car that won't mess up.. I drive one.. trust me.. once you get a Benz, you don't want to downgrade to another maker again.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by akaahs(m): 10:08am On Jun 14, 2020
klbakare:

I Said He Should Not Buy Volkswagen Golf 4 Because Of Wiring Problems That Most Auto Electricians Don't Usually Know How To Fix. I Don't Want Him To STart Having Headaches.
Ok sorry for the mix up, do you know how much a tokunbo golf 3 cost?
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by phal: 10:51am On Jun 14, 2020
I would really love to go for the Benz as u recommended, I goggled it, the car exterior
and interior isn't bad for a car of 1999. please kindly give me all the specs of that Benz that fit in my budget perfectly...but the A.C issue now dey do me somehow... Thanks in advance
saintchris11:
you can get a used Benz C class 1994-1999 model, auto or manual gear for even lesser than the amount you have
one thing you get from the Benz is reliability.. you won't need to bother about shaft, constant change of absorbers etc.
the handling of any Benz is superior to ANY car around.
you can get a C180-C230, the fuel economy is almost better than the corolla.
the engine is rugged... bullet proof they call it.
the only minus is that you may have issues with the AC... the compressor could be annoying but in all, you get a very reliable car that won't mess up.. I drive one.. trust me.. once you get a Benz, you don't want to downgrade to another maker again.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by lateef360: 11:15am On Jun 14, 2020
remele2:
I will give u only one advice..... Keep saving to buy a better car... A car of 500k can make u commit suicide....

Unless u are lucky.

Good night till we meet to hear ur story
you should get a nice car with that amount, just be patient and lock for a good mechanic to check the car you want to buy. you will see sound Peugeot 406 and 206 will at that price. If you up the money to 550k to 600k you Will get better grade. Dont be discouraged

3 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Tbasicme: 11:18am On Jun 14, 2020
remele2:
I will give u only one advice..... Keep saving to buy a better car... A car of 500k can make u commit suicide....

Unless u are lucky.

Good night till we meet to hear ur story

Haha grin grin

Those bolden comments made me laff oh.
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by miketayo(m): 11:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Eldemmi:

stop living in old world..
jiji 9/10

car45 3/10

beside jiji is just to connect buyer mainly.

your opinion
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
millionboi:
hmmm

Why d insult

Pity man weh go carry u keep4huz
nah otu nnegi go marry me E-diot
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
phal:
Ur name already shows the kind of person u re....pig indeed
ikpu nne gi
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by millionboi(m): 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ingodwetrust15:
I have my personal Volvo S40 for sale, believe me the car is so nice, durable and very strong. You don’t have to buy mine but check around for that car. You would not regret I got mine toks and it had never given me a fault. Mine is up for sale for 450k like I said it doesn’t have to be mine but it’s a car you will enjoy
your number?picture
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by millionboi(m): 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
AFONJAPIG:
nah otu nnegi go marry me E-diot
with ur infectious smelling puna
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Oskydeelight: 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Add 80k to the 500k and come and carry my neatly used Hyundai Getz

Check this my thread for full details
https://www.nairaland.com/5917080/neatly-used-hyundai-getz-2007

Please chat or call me, I can't monitor thread or be following and be responding continuously on this thread plz

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
No try am o. No try am.a word is enough for the wise. Toyota and Honda only. We no dey manufacture car for here o so go with the car that that parts are available. No try am o . No near those cars wey you dey call. I don warn u.

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by saintchris11(m): 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
bro, if you are particular about AC ,you may have to up the amount you have designated for buying the car.
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by packagerz: 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
phal:
Car gurus in the house please kindly help me suggest which car would fit my budget,
I am actually planning to buy my first car as my family is growing big and moving from point A to B is becoming stressful for us, hence I decided to get a very good & sharp Nigerian used car with a budget of 500K max.

I want a car that is very durable, reliable, fuel efficient, cheap and accessible parts, meanwhile I don't want Toyota or Honda as they are too common on Nigerian roads & I also believe they re not the only best car options we can get. Though I am looking at Nissan Almera 2001, Nissan primera 2000 to 2002, VW Golf 3 and Mazda cars from 1999 to 2002 models.

Please kindly help me as I need your car expertise to decide which car to go for ASAP.

Thanking you in advance

Thanking

Just go for 1999-2000 model c class. Make sure it's four plug. Manual or automatic.. The engine is very cheap. The air conditioner Is bam. It does not consume fuel. See the engine is 65k in osun here so it will be cheaper in Lagos... I v c class for my wife and clk for my self. Same engine. When my air-con got problem.i changed it to peogeut compressor.. I got brand new one for 30k.anf they work it on it. Till today since 3yrs.i am good going.. I use Mobil 2 to service it twice in a yr... I got mine from olx. Com. The c class from jiji. Make sure it's ordinary key. Mine clk is sucking key which must not fall down or enter water... That is the only issue. So buy normal key type and thank me later

3 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Rapture4real(m): 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
phal:
Really? Pls kindly enlighten me the more, I didn't want to join the bandwagon of Toyota/Honda,
please tell me more about the Nissan why u said is a No Go area... Thanks

I used Honda before but went for Nissan Primera because of bolt joint problem of Honda.I did a thorough search before gettting the Nissan.I discovered that every car brand has its own challenge,it depends on your budget and purpose.For your budget,go for Nissan or WV gulf 3 or Toyota pencil all manual for least maintenance.When God upgrades your finance you can sell it, add money to it to get better ones.It all depends on yoir budget,maintenance cost.and.purpose

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
millionboi:
with ur infectious smelling puna
it smells like ur stupid mother armpit grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by phal: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
I really really appreciate u all wonderful NLs for your various inputs, suggestions and recommendations...indeed u guys are wonderful
including the bad mouthers cheesy cheesy..ur responds have helped me narrow my options down to Benz c230 1999-2000, Toyota Camry 1999-2001, Peugeot 206 and Any Honda sedan from1999 to 2004....once more I need u guys to help me decide on which of the listed cars I should go for that would be perfect for my budget putting in consideration reliability,
durability, fuel efficiency, parts availability and of course perfect engine, gear and working A. C... I am very sorry for the inconveniencies, I don't really know much about cars hence I am here for ur expertise advice once more.... Thanking you all in advance
phal:

Thanking you in advance
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by greggng: 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
phal:
I really really appreciate u all wonderful NLs for your various inputs, suggestions and recommendations...indeed u guys are wonderful
including the bad mouthers cheesy cheesy..ur responds have helped me narrow my options down to Benz c230 1999-2000, Toyota Camry 1999-2001 and Any Honda sedan from1999 to 2004....once more I need u guys to help me decide on which of the listed cars I should go for that would be perfect for my budget putting in consideration reliability,
durability, fuel efficiency, parts availability and of course perfect engine, gear and working A. C... I am very sorry for the inconveniencies, I don't really know much about cars hence I am here for ur expertise advice once more.... Thanking you all in advance

Let me give you another stronger
https://www.nairaland.com/5908102/quality-drop-light-sale-730k

Just click on the link ....
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by ednut1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
DAVE5:

Wicked child, he can get Honda baby boy nah, proly naija used

I don't know sha
undecided make he go buy problem abi
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by DAVE5(m): 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
ednut1:
undecided make he go buy problem abi

Donate your car give am nah bros, u know say u go soon........
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Midex88(m): 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
Vickean04:
550k for honda babyboy 2001 model with Ac chilling and first body. Call me 08056492121

Pictures
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by urose93(f): 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
Kampack:

Thanks bro,
The narrative about your Nissan is exactly the same as my Ford Escape. I have used it for 6 years now without any major fix! I have only changed the alternator, and that was all I can recall. Never had any problematic issue with the car despite driving it daily.

Very true my brother. A good car that serves well is a function of getting the sound one from the inception, judiciously following it routine maintenance, knowing your car better than your auto mechanics and fixing them with genuine replacement parts. No car brand is inferior.

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Musty4ahmed1: 3:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
urose93:

Very true my brother. A good car that serves well is a function of getting the sound one from the inception, judiciously following it routine maintenance, knowing your car better than your auto mechanics and fixing them with genuine replacement parts. No car brand is inferior.
Have you gotten the car you requested for? Which did you later settle for?
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by hartson(m): 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Onyi22:
Chai!!!!
A car of 500k?
I can't enter sure car oo
when you can't even afford a bicycle.Ashawo ten kobo

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
You cannot get a tokunbo car for 500k, only Nigerian used.
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by ylaa(f): 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Exactly, let him go for beetle since Honda n Toyota are common. Volkswagen aka Beetle isn't common and I mean that old one. Built for Nigerian road. Very rugged. Can enter flood n come out. Give it a trial. Even u go get change sef.
Hope this helps.

greggng:

I have golf3 ...still first body ...but u need to do body work to it test when you buy it...However I am disappointed in you...how can you leave behind Toyota, and Honda...don't you know that they are the king of cars when it comes to Nigeria. Just tell me your budget no reach I will understand ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

National Truck Manufacturers LTD (NTM) Gidan Fiat In Pictures / © VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT By U.S.License Plate.No or By Vin no +234-806-036-5068 / Pricelist Of Tokunbo Cars In Lagos - March 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.