Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud (10772 Views)

Venture Capital/equity Investors And Private Loan Companies/lenders In Nigeria? / List Of Private Equity And Venture Capital In Africa: Raising Funds For Business / List Of Venture Capital And Private Equity Firms Investing In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2011
FBI agents had placed both a pen register and a trap-and-trace device on his phone, which let them record all outgoing and incoming numbers. Onwuhara somehow found out. When he called Cingular/AT&T (T, Fortune 500), his cellphone carrier, the company "accidentally" revealed the name and number of the FBI technician tracking him, according to an FBI affidavit in support of a criminal complaint. But people who know Onwuhara don't think it was an accident

This guy is damn smart,maybe he dey use______

1 Like

Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by ibelab(m): 8:19pm On Jan 26, 2011
:d :d :d :d
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 26, 2011
mohumyta:

FBI agents had placed both a pen register and a trap-and-trace device on his phone, which let them record all outgoing and incoming numbers. Onwuhara somehow found out. [size=18pt]When he called Cingular/AT&T (T, Fortune 500), his cellphone carrier, the company "accidentally" revealed the name and number of the FBI technician tracking him[/size], according to an FBI affidavit in support of a criminal complaint. But people who know Onwuhara don't think it was an accident

grin grin grin grin

@topic: They featured his a$s on America's Most Wanted last year LOL

1 Like

Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by ofala(m): 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2011
I wonder why people like X-Factoria will not see the huge security lapses there and how a young mind that would have beneficial to this generation turned into.I don't support his actions but saying that its only Igbos that do this is simply MYOPIC-MINDED and UTTER CHILDISH!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 26, 2011
ofala:

I wonder why people like X-Factoria will not see the huge security lapses there and how a young mind that would have beneficial to this generation turned into.I don't support his actions but [size=18pt]saying that its only Igbos that do this is simply MYOPIC-MINDED and UTTER CHILDISH[/size]!

Thank you. In fact it is not even JUST Nigerians doing this. Most of the time they are given aid by foreign scam artists who are native to the countries they are stealing from hence their knowledge of certain accounts.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by chika98: 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2011
LOL One Nigeria is and will ALWAYS be a fallacy! Every Nigerian is quick to point out tribes and all.
That is why that country will never move forward or progress. grin
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2011
James Bond. enigma indeed
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2011
I can't be bothered to read something that long. this thread has failed.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by ragdollz: 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2011
Heheheeheeh. It's scams like these that bought me my Range and got me my fresh little three-bedroom bungalow in Lekki grin grin grin (but on a smallerrrrrrrrr scale grin grin grin grin grin grin)

JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, this guy should have been a business visionary, a Stock Exchange whiz-kid, an IT genius; but he chose the cheap way up undecided undecided.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by yaris(m): 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2011
, this is superstory,
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2011
I'll never understand why some people complain about a post's length - no matter how interesting it is. It's a sure sign of falling standards of education. Nothing less than mental laziness; what a wasted generation.

@ Post.

Tobechi is a LEGEND. He certainly deserves a hollywood movie in his honour. Since the blood-spilling Italian-American mafiosi and the murderous drug mobs have been severally romanticized in popular culture and Hollywood, and have had countless movies made about them, I see no reason why Tobechi's 'harmless' and indeed inspiring exploits shouldn't enjoy the same well deserved big screen tribute - the ultimate form of immortalization I dare say. Gawd, this story is too interesing to be real, I'm reading it all over again!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by keshiAvutu: 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2011
be careful ragdollz "nakanaki",

NOW I GET IT!

IT ALL MAKES SENCE NOW.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by lifestyle1(m): 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2011
OMG!!! I cant believe i just read every thing, well I have Really learnt something here I dont know about you, Dont just read learn something either for good or for bad Motive grin grin grin,

Identity theft na big probem for america, If to say na naija the guy dey he will go free cos the security system here is nothing to write home about,  the security there dey tight but their are some loop hols too even up till now,

There is a paragraph in the article that explain  how his IP was used to trace him, had it been he was smart enough he would have hide himself but unfortunately he was so stupid to expose him self by surfing directly. I surf with US IP, Hope you have seen the importance of Ip address and why you should always protect your self, a word is enough for the wise,

Nigerians can be the best in any field if given the adequate infrastructure.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2011
pro01:

I'll never understand why some people complain about a post's length - no matter how interesting it is. It's a sure sign of falling standards of education. Nothing less than mental laziness; what a wasted generation.

My thoughts exactly, it is so sad, nobody wants to read anymore forgetting that no knowledge is wasted.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by presido1: 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2011
The Story reminds me of James Hardly Chase.
He is an American with Naija parents.
He is a smart American.

When caught he will be useful for FBI just like Frank Abagnale Jr. But he will serve his sentance first thats for sure.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by samo(m): 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2011
I've always said it that Nigerians are amongst the most intelligent people in the world. I wish we could use it for good, then this country will be great. You can imagine that inspite of the corruption we are still surviving.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by tyson55(m): 9:52pm On Jan 26, 2011
Demn it!!! Breath taking, twisting,high adranaline, exhilirating thriller, super suspence. It has all the ingredience to make a hollywood movie. Can't  believe i read it twice. Can't wait for part 2.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Anaegboka(m): 10:00pm On Jan 26, 2011
X-factoria:

Yes o! Your fellow Igbo robbers!

Fool, don't you know its only an Igbo man dat can do this. See your brother up there hailing him.
It's your whole generation that are robbers. Why are you so blind to recognise a national problem where criminals are celebrated. He should have turned his skills on these politicians who have made life terrible for Nigerians.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 26, 2011
For a minute I thought I was reading the next 007 script, amazing stuff!!!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Lakeside247(m): 10:26pm On Jan 26, 2011
This guy is something else. OGBOJU OLE, OLOSA, GBEWIRI, OFOON.

Same problem - He wasted all the money on women, cars and drinks.

Pls, is there any part 2 to this story?
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by poweredcom(m): 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2011
Dont mess with the FBI if they mean you they gonna get ya ass, the Guy is a foooool, he should have ran out of USA, and come back to Africa, he is gonna languish in jail
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by ono(m): 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2011
He called for some drugs to treat herpes!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by uyiscott: 10:42pm On Jan 26, 2011
how i wish i go get him contact d guy na material boo
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by sirwebs(m): 10:46pm On Jan 26, 2011
If it were the Mafiosi, the airport incident would have tipped them off. Also I heard people in Umuahia saying he attended Government College Umuahia. Any truth in that?
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by grandlexuz(m): 10:58pm On Jan 26, 2011
Bernand Madoff operated a 50 billion Ponzi Scheme that lasted for years. He has popular and always dining with the guys in DC. So let the naija guy be. On the last day, his act will have same punishtment as the man who refused to forgive his neighbour. grin
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by mamagee3(f): 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2011
Whoever resurrected this thread must be crazy!

But na waooo, Has he been caught yet?
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by olax44(m): 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2011
i respect this guy!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by yang(m): 11:30pm On Jan 26, 2011
Dude is my Hero.

The problem remains the same. . . . .wasting it on cars,drinks and women just does not make any sense to me. It was only gonna double the attention.

Tobechi abeg find ur way to Abia. . . . . No body can touch u here. Dem dey madt. . . . . . Their father Yaansh!!!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by CGKing(m): 11:44pm On Jan 26, 2011
Oh my God, the writer is a fantastic one, stupendous creative story teller.
Oh my God, tobe is a fantastic criminal, a stupendous natural thieving genius.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Limaoscar: 11:45pm On Jan 26, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 26, 2011
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by treylaw: 11:57pm On Jan 26, 2011
Guess he now disguises himself as an old lady cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aim For The Skies With AIMS Asset Management Ltd / Pls I Need A Link To Kitchenwares Importers! / New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.