Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! (9826 Views)

How Ebubeagu Killed My Seven Brothers In My Presence – Survivor / How My Two Sons Were Slaughtered By Boko Haram In My Presence - Abubakar Yunus / Burial Photos Of Afeez Ismail Who Was Gunned Down During Apc Rally In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by BossJamal: 11:26am On Jun 14, 2020
babytoun:
who else felt legacy added maggi to the story when he said when the cultists were calling his name he wanted to come out and confront them but was held back by others in the room ?

Heavily jazzed. Those students didnt know he was fortified i think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by Mrkcee(m): 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
RIP to those that lost their lives. SAY NO TO CULTISM!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
babytoun:
who else felt legacy added maggi to the story when he said when the cultists were calling his name he wanted to come out and confront them but was held back by others in the room ?
o mehn I see am oo. I been think say nah only me see am.
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
That part where he said they arrested cultist with sufisticated weapons like AK47 and others. Biko I want to ask how were they able to do it? Was it with bare hands or sticks?
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by jamoyakz: 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Exactly.
Cos as the SUG presido,he was likely the topmost target and they'd made sure they had som1 monitoring him per minute.
Most likely,one of the cultists tipped him off through the lady that came to meet him that early morning or some other person.
most SUG president and leaders in the west during that era belonged to pyrate confraternity although pyrate wasn't as violent as Confraternity but they had good structure and Intel across schools. legacy isn't saying what transpired that day
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by Gandollaar(f): 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ogbuu101:

How can't they mount roadblocks?
You're underestimating the power of a mob
The committee mounted road blocks not the mob.
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by jamoyakz: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
expertman:
Well I was in Poly Ibadan then and even met some guys at the ecomog hall of UI prior after the incident .

Kudos to Afrika he paid the supreme price.

Recently one of the Afolayans wrote a film narrating the whole incident .

I think Legacy actually didn't belong but only had some grace from heavens or maybe is voddoo .

That lady that came to meet legacy was actually sent to confirm his whereabout he was been monitored and tracked.

Why did they fixed the attacking day to the day kengites are having their girations?

Though both Legacy and Africa are Kengites ! They were also well prepared thinking their kengites links will save them of that day.

Only God knows the true version of that story till date .

The VC was acclaimed as the best VC till date to some EX students.
one thing about confraternity is that they hardly miss their targets because they do man marking. I'm thinking legacy wasn't even on the target list rather Afrika was their number one target.
most of the people who carry out such operations are usually from outside the target vicinity hence they used other members from other areas to carry out such dastardly act. confraternity hardly forgive and are always meticulous when carrying out their pay back hit.....

2 Likes

Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by samafooo: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
While legacy was going out and coming in why can't he inform Africa? At least their rooms not far from each other.

2 Likes

Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by ayanbaba2(m): 7:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
samafooo:
While legacy was going out and coming in why can't he inform Africa? At least their rooms not far from each other.

I wonder ooooooo!

it's unimaginable, that someone could forget about his presumed "best" friend in the heat of a terrible incident as such... memory loss, anxiety, fear or survival first, which one?

2 Likes

Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by gassbee: 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Cool
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by Luckymama: 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
expertman:

The VC was acclaimed as the best VC till date to some EX students.

Not possible. No OAU alumni could ever have any good thing to say about Wale Omole. The guy was worse than Abacha. You are probably talking about Rogers, the VC who took over from him.

2 Likes

Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by Pifot: 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
Gandollaar:
Some people here have called the former president out due to somethings in the story not adding up. But after reading, I was filled with nothing but respect and admiration for the guy.

Why cos, whatever he did as Sug Pres. in a place like OAU, to prevent angry students from first lynching Emeka and Efosa after being caught must be from the very best!

Did he say a committee mounted roadblocks?

Could they have mounted roadblocks to catch cultists armed to the teeth with just sticks and pebbles, very unlikely! They will need a stronger army to catch the other guys.

I hope he's doing great in a nation where nothing is guaranteed.
If only we could get the details of what really happened that day,it would have been a good script to help others know the pros and cons of their actions.

2 Likes

Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by lwils1: 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
Clear!
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by rabzy: 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
Gandollaar:
Some people here have called the former president out due to somethings in the story not adding up. But after reading, I was filled with nothing but respect and admiration for the guy.

Why cos, whatever he did as Sug Pres. in a place like OAU, to prevent angry students from first lynching Emeka and Efosa after being caught must be from the very best!

Could they have mounted roadblocks to catch cultists armed to the teeth with just sticks and pebbles, very unlikely! They will need a stronger army to catch the other guys.

Guy you weren't there...roadblocks were mounted...all the cultists were on the run..no one could mount a resistance..when the whole mass of oau students were on the move..the whole town was comb...reporters and newsmen were everywhere...the whole nation was following the story...and cultism was banished to the very depths of deep shadow in OAU

1 Like

Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by rabzy: 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
Gandollaar:
The committee mounted road blocks not the mob.

You think nah only committee go stand for road?...lolol... committee is to organise and mobilize
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by Gandollaar(f): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
rabzy:

You think nah only committee go stand for road?...lolol... committee is to organise and mobilize
Ok I get it. True.
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by Gandollaar(f): 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
rabzy:

Guy you weren't there...roadblocks were mounted...all the cultists were on the run..no one could mount a resistance..when the whole mass of oau students were on the move..the whole town was comb...reporters and newsmen were everywhere...the whole nation was following the story...and cultism was banished to the very depths of deep shadow in OAU
Hmmm..yeaa.
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by johnmartus(m): 1:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
You legacy again. I have told you several times to stop talking about this event that took place in our citadel of learning OAU. There was no rational explanation in your action.

Thank God you recognized afrika as a true activist. You always sound like you don't inform about the incident.

I will not say anything but we are still Missing our friend Afrika my right hand man. You know I love you continue to rest in peace.

Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by sinkhole: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
jamoyakz:
most SUG leaders always have strong Intel.. I think also legacy isn't saying what truly transpired that night
you that know the truth should tell us now!
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by sinkhole: 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2020
Olakunleyakub:
This particular event made me cry the day I read the story.

Africa and ajiteru death really caught me.
my pain in all those death was Eviano, he was my friend, a very brilliant medical student cry
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by sinkhole: 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
hpymoment:
Legacy heard the first shot, even ran out, saw how Ajiteru or what was killed, ran back inside and finally ran to the next room occupied by med students but in all these , he couldn't run to Afrika who is next to his room in same building.

He's not saying the truth!

How could he be looking for people outside to help Toju who slept in Afrika's room while he claimed to have found safety in a room filled with medical students.

Him not being around on the day they arrested those guys the first time was not a coincidence.
The lady that visited was not a coincidence.
Them shouting his name na to conceal him not being part of them.
His letters and address to the students na camouflage and formalities.
Legacy forget talk abeg undecided

Rip to those that lost their souls. They believed in what will never happen in this Country.
which kain people be this nau! There is a room between him and Afrika and when you see people with gun and are actively using it, how do you think ma?
Eviano was not part of student union, nothing concerned him with student activism, he only wanted to become the best medical doctor in Nigeria!
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by sinkhole: 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
doggedfighter:

I'm suspecting Legacy is not telling us everything.
I believe you
you believed him rather than believed Legacy who was right there at the battle front!
You see, I was on campus that time but was not in hostel during the attack (Awo Hall), I had gone to read, but I believed 98% of what Legacy said here as I could relate to some of them, as a student on campus then!
Mind you, I was never part of student union, I was just a bloody student trying to better my future.
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by sinkhole: 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2020
Gandollaar:

Students called him collaborator that time for not allowing lynching of those guys!
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by sinkhole: 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2020
Olakunleyakub:
I guess he intentionally skipped it to allow the sleeping dog lies cos how come the lady was not murdered neither injured or sustain any attack if trully she was neutral and innocent? I think that guy that shouted legacy name wanted to give him Intel but could not pressed further once he discovered that the lady was in legacy room. The time at which the lady left legacy room is very close to the time of the attack so how come they didn't meet her or attack her?
Anyway Only god knows the best sha but I cried the first time I read about this story and also watched the story as a movie. (University students).
Nigeria has indeed lost some set of good and vibrant leaders.
Oh my God, this is exactly how our history has been written, with a lot of theories and manipulations of events.
Somebody that was there during the event just told you what happened yet you have decided to rewrite the whole event just like you wanted it to happen!
The lady coming down and looking at the cafeteria, where the initial shooting took place, could have given the lady enough time to run for her life and she would have clearly seen the chaos going on. Mind you, not everybody that witnessed that morning event was shot at or killed; somebody encountered them, face-to-face, on a footpath between Awo and Fajuyi Hall and he was not killed, he was not even shot at, yet Eviano, who did not belong to student union was killed in Fajuyi Hall!
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by Olakunleyakub(m): 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
Eyha such is life....I don't know why professor omole was not arrested then we heard he knew about the attack.
sinkhole:
my pain in all those death was Eviano, he was my friend, a very brilliant medical student cry
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
Na Egede pull the OAU hit?
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by sinkhole: 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
Olakunleyakub:
Eyha such is life....I don't know why professor omole was not arrested then we heard he knew about the attack.
I think what happened then is exactly what is happening with Book Haram now!
Highly placed people are funding BH and the government of the nations knows but they could not handle the people.
Omole was involved but he was highly connected unfortunately for him the Student Union then was just thorn in his flesh but the Student Union could only send him packing to be replaced with Makanjuola.
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by lebienconnu: 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
The nation suffered irreparable loss with the death of Afrika and the others that morning. I can still recall the phrase with which Afrika used to end his insightful and motivating speeches.

" Insha Allah, insha Jesus, insha Orunmila"

He would say this with his left hand raised up holding the microphone or megaphone with the other hand.. I was impatiently waiting for him to become the SUG president after Legacy.

Rest on Afrika, rest on Eviano, rest on other matyers .

3 Likes

Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by Olakunleyakub(m): 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
OK.they succeeded in removing him?
sinkhole:
I think what happened then is exactly what is happening with Book Haram now!
Highly placed people are funding BH and the government of the nations knows but they could not handle the people.
Omole was involved but he was highly connected unfortunately for him the Student Union then was just thorn in his flesh but the Student Union could only send him packing to be replaced with Makanjuola.
Re: How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! by Midex88(m): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2023
What a story...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why It’s Difficult To Tame Banditry — George Akume / Who Else Is Seeing This Post All Over Whatsapp Status / Senate Condemns UK Travel Ban On Nigerians Over Omicron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.