Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Appeal Allowed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Appeal Allowed (1649 Views)

Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter / Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Allowed by debenjie: 3:02pm On Jan 25, 2011
Hello all,

I won my appeal for family visit. The embassy called me to bring my updated b/s with my passport. Given till next wk to submit the documents. I don't have enough in my acct and also just paid my salary in cash in my acct. My brother in UK is my sponsor. Why do they my b/s again? Does the balance in my acct matters?

Vic, Justwise and others. What do u think i can do?

Thanks for advice.
Re: Appeal Allowed by omega25red(m): 4:55pm On Jan 25, 2011
well maybe you were denied originally because you had an outrageous amount in your account which they would like to see again for consistency sake. What ever you do try to match the original ammount or have good reasons why your money is less or more. my 2 cents
Re: Appeal Allowed by tunnytox(m): 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2011
From personal experience your best option is to send an email to the embassy, give them a reason why you can't come for the visa now and request for a later date of abt 2 months, use the 2 months to build your account and go back afterwards. Job done no probs simples!
Re: Appeal Allowed by dancewith: 6:03pm On Jan 25, 2011
tunnytox:

From personal experience your best option is to send an email to the embassy, give them a reason why you can't come for the visa now and request for a later date of abt 2 months, use the 2 months to build your account and go back afterwards. Job done no probs simples!

Best advice.

Never attempt to 'load' the account or it will result in another denial. Follow this advice and you will be fine

Best of luck
Re: Appeal Allowed by joxiri: 7:25pm On Jan 25, 2011
if your appeal
isnt their new decision based on your initial application rather than building up new evidence
Re: Appeal Allowed by tunnytox(m): 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2011
joxiri:

if your appeal
isnt their new decision based on your initial application rather than building up new evidence

despite winning an appeal he could still be refused especillay if they feel that his personal circumstances has changed significantly hence the need to provide a proof of his present financial status
Re: Appeal Allowed by debenjie: 6:01pm On Jan 26, 2011
Thanks everyone for your advice. Money always goes in and out of my account since waiting for the outcome of the appeal. My balance is not that much, but my elder brother in UK is sponsoring my trip to the UK. The ECO is aware of that.
Re: Appeal Allowed by debenjie: 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2011
The visa customer care that calls me gave me this week and next week to submit the said documents. Unless, I will have to go and reapply again.
Re: Appeal Allowed by Dantecmu(m): 7:26pm On Jan 26, 2011
@Poster how much do u have in your acct if you have above 180k your visa should be granted ok , i would advise you just go with ur statement your visa would be issued, ok

All da best
Re: Appeal Allowed by suxes2005(m): 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2011
Since they requested for your personal statement
i guess like Dantecmu stated, if you have above 180k go
give them. If not you can try your luck who knows.

SHALOM
Re: Appeal Allowed by juzme: 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2011
An Embassy made a decision on your visa application and you thought that the decision was wrongly made. You appealled the decision. (won or granted) was the appeal granted (allowed after you appeal) or did you win(i.e visa approved) the appeal after they have granted appeal and ask you to resubmit application and review your case once again. Sorry but Im confused in your case. I guess it is two different thing here. Embassy has ight to refuse the application after reviewing your case based on your fresh document.
When embassy grant an appeal it means you must submit all the necessarily documents that shows you are qualified. It does matter you have submitted them in the past especially if the document is something that changes over time. e.g Bank statement, payslips etc.
so if they ask for your bank statement then you must resubmit a recent one. For your case you may have 2 choices. 1. submit your statement even though the amount is less than what they required and explain with proof why it is low than before. 2. Write to them that you are no longer interested in visiting for now for some reasons.
Best of luck!
Re: Appeal Allowed by debenjie: 4:18pm On Jan 27, 2011
@juzme, thanks for your response. I filed an appeal against the decision of the ECO and the appeal was allowed. The embassy called and asked me to resubmit an updated bank statement with my passport. Now, I have an updated one with low balance than before. Can you give me a sample letter explaining the proof of why the balance is low than before.

Thanking you.
Re: Appeal Allowed by juzme: 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2011
You need to be sincere as to how the money went missing in your account. For instance, if you bought properties then you need to inform them about that and show some proofs of that. e.g Reciept or invoice. if you used it for business transaction then you need to write about that.
But I think what is important is not really the amount of money in your statement but rather how the money is flowing into your account. If you are a business person then they may understand when there is shortage of money in your account provided you show proof of your business e.g. your written invoice, business registration. if you work then payslip will be fine.
Money cant just go missing in your account without you knowing where it go.
If you borrowed the money to deposit in your account in your initial application then, better forget about the application. You may recieve a ban if they discover that you lied in your account initially.
Re: Appeal Allowed by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 28, 2011
juzme:

You need to be sincere as to how the money went missing in your account. For instance, if you bought properties then you need to inform them about that and show some proofs of that. e.g Reciept or invoice. if you used it for business transaction then you need to write about that.
But I think what is important is not really the amount of money in your statement but rather how the money is flowing into your account. If you are a business person then they may understand when there is shortage of money in your account provided you show proof of your business e.g. your written invoice, business registration. if you work then payslip will be fine.
Money cant just go missing in your account without you knowing where it go.
If you borrowed the money to deposit in your account in your initial application then, better forget about the application. You may recieve a ban if they discover that you lied in your account initially.

The best advice so far.
Re: Appeal Allowed by debenjie: 8:04pm On Mar 03, 2011
Siena, Vicjustice, justwise and others.

Come and join me singing halleluyah, Jehovah Jire has done me well. I picked my passport today. Thank God, the visa was issued. I thought that they won't issue the visa because my account balance is not bouyant. Glory be to God, He has changed my story.

Does anyone know any cheapest ticket to UK?
Re: Appeal Allowed by sanya404(m): 1:31am On Mar 09, 2011
LOOOOL!!! CONGRAT, COME AND JOIN US HERE!!! ANOTHER ONE SUCCEEDED !!! BLESS U

(1) (Reply)

Usa,canada,ukraine And Poland Admission And Student Visa / Think You Can't Live Without Plastic Bags? Consider This: Rwanda Did It! / Nairaland In Glasgow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.