Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Jesus Taught Cheerful Giving, NOT Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Taught Cheerful Giving, NOT Tithing (242 Views)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Taught Cheerful Giving, NOT Tithing by davidinchrist(m): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2020
First, I wouldn't like to be termed as part of some certain types of Religious/Church critics, because many of them DO NOT follow the truth themselves. It's a greater deception or hypocrisy to ignore the great LOG in our own eyes, and start bothering about the speck in another person.

It's true I no longer follow lots of "great" Christian Leaders and Church movements anymore, but yet, I HATE NOR ENVY NO ONE!

What I HATE is DECEPTION or Religious Lies. For instance, if a neighbour is SICK, I won't HATE him, but the SICKNESS in him.

And Church Deception is a Sickness (spiritually), because it dishonours or CONTRADICTS Jesus.

So, from what I've learnt, I'm only trying to share the CURE for this sickness to those who are WILLING to LISTEN.

Right, the topic above is quite controversial, and I'm sure many people, including Pastors and Elders of Churches won't be particularly happy with it. But we got obey and please Jesus NOT MEN. (Gal. 1:10)

The thing is, the New Covenant unlike the OLD, is NOT about the LAW, but obedience through LOVE in Christ. Here was what Jesus said about the great commandments:

Matt.22.37 - Jesus said to him, ""You shall LOVE the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'

Matt.22.39 - And the second is like it: "You shall LOVE your neighbor as yourself.'

And then he concluded by saying:

Matt.22.40 - On these TWO commandments hang ALL the Law and the Prophets (means Old testament)."

In Matthew chap. 23 (vs 23), Jesus was talking HARSHLY to some HYPOCRITICAL old covenant people to TITHE: the Scribes and Pharisees, who wouldn't SUBMIT themselves to FOLLOW Jesus. Moreover, He was NEVER referring to his Disciples NOR EVEN the multitudes (prospective disciples) See Matt. Chap. 23:13-25

What Jesus and his Apostles did teach was CHEERFUL GIVING: NO MORE COMPULSORY GIVING/TITHING/Religious Activities/Etc:

2Cor.9.7 - So let each one GIVE as he PURPOSES in his heart, NOT GRUDGINGLY or of NECESSITY; for God loves a CHEERFUL GIVER.

Luke 6:38 KJV
GIVE, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down...

Matthew 5:42 KJV
GIVE to him that ask...

Whatever is not done in love is a Dead Work. 1 Cor. Chap. 13
The language of the law was "compulsion": 'Thou shalt', 'Thou shalt not'. While that of Jesus is, "When you fast, when you Give, if you...

John.14.15 - "If you LOVE Me, keep My commandments.

Are we still struggling with the LAWS/Rules of Moses/Pastors/Churches, OR we are walking in Obedience through the LOVE of Christ?

Rom.10.4 - For Christ is THE END of the Law for righteousness to EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES.

Therefore, even if we WANT to give 10% or 50% or 80% or 100% of our Money, Time, Energy, and others, It should all be done CHEERFULLY, not by FORCE. For God LOVES a cheerful giver.

FINALLY:
Matthew 11:6 KJV
And BLESSED is he, whosoever shall NOT be offended in me.

May the Lord Jesus bless you.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Taught Cheerful Giving, NOT Tithing by Wealthyonos(m): 10:20pm On Jun 13, 2020
This is nice

1 Like

Re: Jesus Taught Cheerful Giving, NOT Tithing by chijokz(m): 2:22am On Jun 14, 2020
Isn't His real name Yahshua? Meaning "I am Salvation"? That's what I call Him.
I'm still confused why people don't call His real name?
Re: Jesus Taught Cheerful Giving, NOT Tithing by davidinchrist(m): 8:16am On Jun 14, 2020
davidinchrist:
First, I wouldn't like to be termed as part of some certain types of Religious/Church critics, because many of them DO NOT follow the truth themselves. It's a greater deception or hypocrisy to ignore the great LOG in our own eyes, and start bothering about the speck in another person.

It's true I no longer follow lots of "great" Christian Leaders and Church movements anymore, but yet, I HATE NOR ENVY NO ONE!

What I HATE is DECEPTION or Religious Lies. For instance, if a neighbour is SICK, I won't HATE him, but the SICKNESS in him.

And Church Deception is a Sickness (spiritually), because it dishonours or CONTRADICTS Jesus.

So, from what I've learnt, I'm only trying to share the CURE for this sickness to those who are WILLING to LISTEN.

Right, the topic above is quite controversial, and I'm sure many people, including Pastors and Elders of Churches won't be particularly happy with it. But we got obey and please Jesus NOT MEN. (Gal. 1:10)

The thing is, the New Covenant unlike the OLD, is NOT about the LAW, but obedience through LOVE in Christ. Here was what Jesus said about the great commandments:

Matt.22.37 - Jesus said to him, ""You shall LOVE the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'

Matt.22.39 - And the second is like it: "You shall LOVE your neighbor as yourself.'

And then he concluded by saying:

Matt.22.40 - On these TWO commandments hang ALL the Law and the Prophets (means Old testament)."

In Matthew chap. 23 (vs 23), Jesus was talking HARSHLY to some HYPOCRITICAL old covenant people to TITHE: the Scribes and Pharisees, who wouldn't SUBMIT themselves to FOLLOW Jesus. Moreover, He was NEVER referring to his Disciples NOR EVEN the multitudes (prospective disciples) See Matt. Chap. 23:13-25

What Jesus and his Apostles did teach was CHEERFUL GIVING: NO MORE COMPULSORY GIVING/TITHING/Religious Activities/Etc:

2Cor.9.7 - So let each one GIVE as he PURPOSES in his heart, NOT GRUDGINGLY or of NECESSITY; for God loves a CHEERFUL GIVER.

Luke 6:38 KJV
GIVE, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down...

Matthew 5:42 KJV
GIVE to him that ask...

Whatever is not done in love is a Dead Work. 1 Cor. Chap. 13
The language of the law was "compulsion": 'Thou shalt', 'Thou shalt not'. While that of Jesus is, "When you fast, when you Give, if you...

John.14.15 - "If you LOVE Me, keep My commandments.

Are we still struggling with the LAWS/Rules of Moses/Pastors/Churches, OR we are walking in Obedience through the LOVE of Christ?

Rom.10.4 - For Christ is THE END of the Law for righteousness to EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES.

Therefore, even if we WANT to give 10% or 50% or 80% or 100% of our Money, Time, Energy, and others, It should all be done CHEERFULLY, not by FORCE. For God LOVES a cheerful giver.

FINALLY:
Matthew 11:6 KJV
And BLESSED is he, whosoever shall NOT be offended in me.

May the Lord Jesus bless you.
Re: Jesus Taught Cheerful Giving, NOT Tithing by davidinchrist(m): 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Matthew 6:1 KJV
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

(1) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Judas Iscariot / Freedom Of Worship Is No Longer A Constitutional Right / Full Prayer Points Of MFM ‘power Must Change Hands’ July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.