Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues (3522 Views)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / What Does The Bible Teach About Speaking In Tongues? / 20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
Mark 16
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

They will speak in new tongues.”

“All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.”

“…the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.”

“When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.”

“Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom… to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one.”

“And God has placed in the church…different kinds of tongues… Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.”

“I would like every one of you to speak in tongues…”

“I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you.”

“Do not forbid speaking in tongues.”

Jesus Christ Himself testifies in
Mark 16:17
that those who believe in Him will speak in new tongues. Secondly, we see from these Scriptures that one frequent manifestation of being “filled with the Holy Spirit” is that people begin to speak in tongues.

Last, the Apostle Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, gives a clear command: “Do not forbid speaking in tongues.”

Be Open to the Holy Spirit

Give Him all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength. Don’t resist Him. Yield yourself completely to Him. You will never regret it! The Holy Spirit is so wonderful, beautiful, lovely, kind, gentle, sweet, and good. Why wouldn’t you want more of Him?

Ask for more of the Holy Spirit.

Your Father will not give you a snake.

He knows how to give good gifts to His children!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Felimax(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2021
You may want to read this sir.
1 Corinthians 14

Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy.
For anyone who speaks in a tongue [1] does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit. [2]
But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.
He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, [3] but I would rather have you prophesy. He who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues, [4] unless he interprets, so that the church may be edified.
Now, brothers, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction?
Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the flute or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes?
Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?
So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air.
Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning.
If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and he is a foreigner to me.
So it is with you. Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel in gifts that build up the church.
For this reason anyone who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret what he says.
For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.
So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind.
If you are praising God with your spirit, how can one who finds himself among those who do not understand [5] say "Amen" to your thanksgiving, since he does not know what you are saying?
You may be giving thanks well enough, but the other man is not edified.
I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you.
But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.
Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.
In the Law it is written: "Through men of strange tongues and through the lips of foreigners I will speak to this people, but even then they will not listen to me," [6] says the Lord.
Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.
So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand [7] or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
But if an unbeliever or someone who does not understand [8] comes in while everybody is prophesying, he will be convinced by all that he is a sinner and will be judged by all,
and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare. So he will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, "God is really among you!"
What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church.
If anyone speaks in a tongue, two--or at the most three--should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret.
If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and God.
Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said.
And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop.
For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged.
The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets.
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints,
women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.
If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?
If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord's command.
If he ignores this, he himself will be ignored. [9]
Therefore, my brothers, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.
But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.

[2] Or another language; also in verses 4, 13, 14, 19, 26 and 27
[2] Or by the Spirit
[5] Or other languages; also in verses 6, 18, 22, 23 and 39
[16] Or among the inquirers
[21] Isaiah 28:11,12
[23] Or some inquirers
[24] Or or some inquirer
[38] Some manuscripts If he is ignorant of this, let him be ignorant
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2021
Felimax:
You may want to read this sir.
1 Corinthians 14

Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy.
For anyone who speaks in a tongue [1] does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit. [2]
But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.
He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, [3] but I would rather have you prophesy. He who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues, [4] unless he interprets, so that the church may be edified.
Now, brothers, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction?
Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the flute or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes?
Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?
So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air.
Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning.
If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and he is a foreigner to me.
So it is with you. Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel in gifts that build up the church.
For this reason anyone who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret what he says.
For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.
So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind.
If you are praising God with your spirit, how can one who finds himself among those who do not understand [5] say "Amen" to your thanksgiving, since he does not know what you are saying?
You may be giving thanks well enough, but the other man is not edified.
I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you.
But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.
Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.
In the Law it is written: "Through men of strange tongues and through the lips of foreigners I will speak to this people, but even then they will not listen to me," [6] says the Lord.
Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.
So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand [7] or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
But if an unbeliever or someone who does not understand [8] comes in while everybody is prophesying, he will be convinced by all that he is a sinner and will be judged by all,
and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare. So he will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, "God is really among you!"
What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church.
If anyone speaks in a tongue, two--or at the most three--should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret.
If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and God.
Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said.
And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop.
For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged.
The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets.
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints,
women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.
If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?
If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord's command.
If he ignores this, he himself will be ignored. [9]
Therefore, my brothers, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.
But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.

[2] Or another language; also in verses 4, 13, 14, 19, 26 and 27
[2] Or by the Spirit
[16] Or among the inquirers
[21] Isaiah 28:11,12
[23] Or some inquirers
[24] Or or some inquirer
[38] Some manuscripts If he is ignorant of this, let him be ignorant

Don't let any statement make you not desire this powerful gift which is speaking in tongues

You are in a higher level when you speak in tongues

All the definition of love falls under God is love and you can't have speaking in tongues if you don't have God

And he who has God automatically has love
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Felimax(m): 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Don't let any statement make you not desire this powerful gift which is speaking in tongues

You are in a higher level when you speak in tongues

All the definition of love falls under God is love and you can't have speaking in tongues if you don't have God

And he who has God automatically has love

And Corithians said you should value prophesy more than to speak. It also said you should keep quiet or speak to yourself if there is no interpreter to interpret what you are speaking.

If you take your time to digest the passage i gave you the Spirit will lead you to freedom where an iota of pride will not be found in you.
Becareful what you speak most especially when even you yourself does not understand what you are speaking.
Satanist, equally do a lot of speaking in tongues also, so becareful not to speak doom into your life.
Just my humble pie.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
Felimax:

And Corithians said you should value prophesy more than to speak. It also said you should keep quiet or speak to yourself if there is no interpreter to interpret what you are speaking.

If you take your time to digest the passage i gave you the Spirit will lead you to freedom where an iota of pride will not be found in you.
Becareful what you speak most especially when even you yourself does not understand what you are speaking.
Satanist, equally do a lot of speaking in tongues also, so becareful not to speak doom into your life.
Just my humble pie.

That place is talking about when you are in church not when you are in private

Now read it well one who speaks in tongues and able to interpret is greater than the one who prophesy in church

Now if you are in private home you can speak in tongues through out the day

Now in church you don't need to be bother people with it note the difference but as a pastor that can interpret you can speak and interpret to your church members

You need to know the difference between church speaking in tongues and private home speaking in tongues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Felimax(m): 4:20pm On Sep 21, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Now read it well one who speaks in tongues and able to interpret is greater than the one who prophesy in church

Now in church you don't need to be bother people with it note the difference but as a pastor that can interpret you can speak and interpret to your church members

You need to know the difference between church speaking in tongues and private home speaking in tongues

Peace!
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
Felimax:

Peace!

Bless

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by paxonel(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
1. The speaking in tongues Jesus referred to was speaking in other languages. The word tongue was used in place of language spoken as it was in Act 2 when the disciples were heard speaking Greek, Spanish, Italian, etc

2. The tongue Paul referred to in 1 Corinthians 14 was a total different thing from the tongues(language) Jesus meant : Have you ever heard juju priests making incantations before making soothe saying? That was what prophets right from the old testament days used to do before prophesying to the people and that was what Paul in 1 Corinthians 14 meant by tongues saying that if a Christian must prophesy and speak in tongues or incantate then he must interprete the incantation which was a very primitive exercise, so that fellow Christians will understand what God has said.

But what are we doing today Christians?
Absolutely rubbish.

We don't interprete
We say random words that comes out of
our mouth saying it is tongues
We speak it thinking we are speaking to God neglecting the people around listening, meanwhile tongues in the bible was to edify the people by making them understand what we are saying, it wasn't for God.

So, where is the love there?
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2021
paxonel:
1. The speaking in tongues Jesus referred to was speaking in other languages. The word tongue was used in place of language spoken as it was in Act 2 when the disciples were heard speaking Greek, Spanish, Italian, etc

2. The tongue Paul referred to in 1 Corinthians 14 was a total different thing from the tongues(language) Jesus meant : Have you ever heard juju priests making incantations before making soothe saying? That was what prophets right from the old testament days used to do before prophesying to the people and that was what Paul in 1 Corinthians 14 meant by tongues saying that if a Christian must prophesy and speak in tongues or incantate then he must interprete the incantation which was a very primitive exercise, so that fellow Christians will understand what God has said.

But what are we doing today Christians?
Absolutely rubbish.

We don't interprete
We say random words that comes out of
our mouth saying it is tongues
We speak it thinking we are speaking to God neglecting the people around listening, meanwhile tongues in the bible was to edify the people by making them understand what we are saying, it wasn't for God.

So, where is the love there?

No Jesus was saying we will speak with new tongues which is not a new language

Now in the day of penticost 120 people speaking in a room if you see 50 people speaking in language that you even know at the same time in a room will you hear any one and understand them at the same time... answer is no

So what they did that day was speaking in tongues and God super naturally transformed the noise into a language those around can understand in their own dialect

Jesus was saying believers will speak in tongues and that is a super natural language
Now notice pastor's when they speak in tongues in church they always say English language after they speak that English language is the interpretation

The pastor won't have time to tell you this is the interpretation because he is under the power of God to speak his heart

So Jesus was actually talking about speaking in a super natural language that has never existed before that what it mean by new tongue

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by paxonel(m): 1:36am On Sep 22, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

No Jesus was saying we will speak with new tongues which is not a new language
but in Act 2 it was new languages they spoke, yes or no?

Now in the day of penticost 120 people speaking in a room if you see 50 people speaking in language that you even know at the same time in a room will you hear any one and understand them at the same time... answer is no

So what they did that day was speaking in tongues and God super naturally transformed the noise into a language those around can understand in their own dialect
You did not read it

Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven(people of different nations who spoke different languages).
Acts 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
Acts 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Meaning, these people of different nations hear the disciples speaking every one of their languages

Moreover from your statement, when people speak in tongues in churches today how come God has never supernaturally transformed the tongues they speak to languages that church members hearing them speaking, can understand?

Jesus was saying believers will speak in tongues and that is a super natural language
Now notice pastor's when they speak in tongues in church they always say English language after they speak that English language is the interpretation
true?

The pastor won't have time to tell you this is the interpretation because he is under the power of God to speak his heart
but the pastor will have time to say random sounds like cymbals that the people can't understand?
That means to him, whether the people understand or not it's not important?
That is too bad now!

So Jesus was actually talking about speaking in a super natural language that has never existed before that what it mean by new tongue
let's assume this is true, it is still incantation like a juju man will do before performing that rituals

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:40am On Sep 22, 2021
paxonel:
You did not read it

Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven(people of different nations who spoke different languages).
Acts 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

Meaning, these people of different nations hear the disciples speaking every one of their languages

Moreover from your statement, when people speak in tongues in churches today how come God has never supernaturally transformed the tongues they speak to languages that church members hearing them speaking, can understand?
true?
but the pastor will have time to say random sounds like cymbals that the people can't understand?
That is too bad now!
let's assume this is true, it is still incantation like a juju man will do before performing that rituals

Look at what God said and look and notice God did not say what they were speaking rather what those people were hearing

..... Acts 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?....

Answer
Look very close to the two things you read and you wrote to see the difference

Now Bible did not record what those who where speaking in new tongues where actually saying

What Bible records was what those who came to hear the noise was hearing

Read it well to see what God is saying

.... because that every man heard them speak in his own language.....

..... And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?.....

Bible only record what those who came to hear the believers heard... Bible did not say the language they were speaking note this miraculous difference what Bible record is only what language those people heard

Now if you read down you will see other people heard this noise and heard this miraculous language in their ear but still refused to Repent and convert

Now I told you put only 50 people in a hall tell each person to speak different languages and when you come near the hall try to listen to them and see if you can understand any one of them in your own language

It is a simple practical thing you can do to see that you will not even hear your own English language from them because only noise you are actually going to hear from that group

So Bible actually record that they first heard noise but on getting close to the destination God miraculously transformed it into each person language they began to hear their own dialect

That is too bad now!

Answer
As long as he eventually speaks English he had interpreted those random words
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:54am On Sep 22, 2021
paxonel:
You did not read it

true?
That is too bad now!

Moreover from your statement, when people speak in tongues in churches today how come God has never supernaturally transformed the tongues they speak to languages that church members hearing them speaking, can understand

Answer
This is a miraculous event because different people from all over the world were there but now each nation have two languages mostly mother language and official language

There is no need for this type of miracle to happen because each church pastor can speak in one of the two languages

Don't doubt the power of God speaking in tongues still exists and works

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:05am On Sep 22, 2021
paxonel:
You did not read it

true?
That is too bad now!

Answer
Incantation is from the devil
Satan always copy God check from Genesis to revelation all he does is to copy what God does he has no originality

Satan own is different from our own because Satan only does his own to do bad things he comes to kill steal and destroy

But the son of man has come to bring And give life and to bring and give it to the full

There is a big difference between the two

John 3:31 ►
He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by BassReeves: 6:26am On Sep 22, 2021
Acehart:
On my WhatsApp status, I posted on May 2: If you are still speaking in tongues in May, 2020: and Christ hasn’t shown you 1 Corinthians 12:1-3 for you to quit, then what you are doing is an incantation and influenced by an evil spirit.

Then my friend responded: I don't understand. To say am confused is still an understatement, more because I was planning to re-evaluate, fast if possible for that gift.

“All that tongue speaking in many churches is not the true one“, I replied. “All churches do so”, she returned “No. Catholic, Baptist, all reformed churches, Anglican, and Deeper life, don’t practice it”, I countered.

After knowing that she had sought the “gift of speaking in tongues” for years, this led to the exposition on the “gift of tongues” from the Old Testament to New Testament. Here goes the exposition:
.........…………………………………………………………………

“Tongues” means “languages” or “dialects”. The “gift of tongues“ spoken of in the letters of Apostle Luke - Acts of the Apostles, and Apostle Paul, was first spoken of by Prophet Isaiah as the means God will employ in the proclamation of Himself to the Gentiles, in a language understood by them - their own dialect:

Isaiah says: Very well then, with foreign lips and strange tongues God will speak to this people (Isaiah 28:11).

Two verses prior showed the dilemma of interpretation (of God’s message to the Gentiles): "To whom would He teach knowledge, And to whom would He interpret the message? Those just weaned from milk? Those just taken from the breast?(Isaiah 28:9)

The Old Testament summary: God says He would speak to peoples (who did not know Him) in their own tongue (by interpretation).
…………………………………………………………………………..

In the synoptic gospels, Jesus speaks to a Syro-Phoenician woman in her own tongue. (The language of Phoenicia is Punic or Phoenician, Proto Semitic languages). Thereafter, He speaks to a deaf mute in sign language. In Acts 2, the disciples of Jesus spoke about fifteen tongues, languages they’ve never learned, to people from different countries; speaking about things concerning Christ.

Acts 2:8,11: And how is it that we each hear them in our own language to which we were born? Cretans and Arabs- we hear them in our own tongues speaking of the mighty deeds of God."

In Acts 10, an Italian, Cornelius, who was kind to the Jews (v.2), spoke in a language understood by the Jews who accompanied Peter; hence, they were astonished (v.45). In Acts 19, the language spoken is impossible to identify. However, a commonality exists with the prior eye-witness accounts - preaching about Christ was happening (v.4&5).

The eye-witnesses’ account summary: The (“new”) language spoken by the Gentile converts occurred during the preaching of the gospel of Christ to them by Jews. Whenever the gift of tongues was in operation Jews were present. The initial preachers to the Gentiles, Jesus Christ and the Apostles, proclaimed the word of God to the Gentiles in Gentile language.
……………………………………………………………………….

In Apostle’s Paul’s first letter to the Corinthians, he addresses the maladies in that church; the build-up to the “problem“ of tongues began in chapter 10. Summarily, the maladies were:

1. In Chapter 10: Idolatry.
2 In Chapter 11: They didn’t imitate Paul and they didn’t imitate Christ; in other words:
A. Natural law for leadership was jettisoned
B. The Lord’s supper was a place of division; and the gathering was a gallery of gluttony.
3: Chapter 12: Chapter 12 is divided into two parts; the two divisions are separated by the word “now” in verse 4 - Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit.

(Now: adverb: used, especially in conversation, to draw attention to a particular statement or point in a narrative. )

The word “now” contrasts the malady in verse 1 to 3, with the narrative- the real operation of the Holy Spirit in the Church (1 Corinthians 12:8-30).

The malady shown in first three verses was the infusion of native custom of idol worship into Christianity. In a euphemism, Apostle Paul states the display in the church influenced by the pagan spirit, as revealed itself by an oral expression:

You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. (1 Corinthians 12:2)

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12:3)

The content of this speech influenced by this pagan spirit doesn’t proclaim the gospel of Christ - it doesn’t say, “Jesus is Lord”. Paul doesn’t waste his time going into details of how they were “carried away” when he says: “somehow or another”.

However, In Ifá worship for instance, the devotee are carried away to the deity by way of the ògèdè/ọfọ̀ spoken by the Babaláwo. Just like Isaiah wrote: They will say to you, "Seek oracles at the pits used to conjure up underworld spirits, from the magicians who chirp and mutter incantations.

The muttering that went on in the Corinthian church was incantation-like: the tongue in verse 3, was done in a display (like those done when the heathen appear before their pagan deities).

Later in Chapter 12:10, Paul speaks of another kind of tongues, different from that spoken of in verse 2. The incantation-like expression spoken of in verse 2 is in contrast to the tongues in verse 10 which is in plurality as verse 28 shows - various languages. The gift of tongues in chapter 12:10 walks in tandem with all the gifts of the spirit; none working independently; Where the gift of “word of wisdom” was, “tongues” will be in effect; Where there were apostles, prophets and teachers carrying on with the preaching of the gospel of Christ, the gifts in unison would verify their ministry. From the tone of rebuke in chapter 10 and 11, the tongue displayed in verse 2, was done by all and sundry. Paul ends the chapter by stating the inferiority of those gifts including “the gift of tongues”.

There are nine gifts spoken of in chapter 12. Three of them make their way into the next chapter. Then Paul speaks of these inferior gifts in detail; and how their inferiority comes with their expiration.

The next chapter presented the ultimate gift - love. In chapter 13:8, Paul says: “Love never fails”. “Fail”, katargeō in Greek language means “expire”. Then he speaks of the manner of expiration the gifts in chapter 12 would occur:

1. Prophecies will fail: Failure indicts that it will not stand the test of time.
2. Tongues will cease: “Cease” means to stop completely or come to an end.
3. Knowledge will vanish away: “Vanish away” means to fade away. It brings to mind how the gas in a gas cylinder begins to die off until it is empty.

Chapter 13:9 says, the prophecy made by the apostles, prophets and teachers, and the knowledge they possess is partial (incomplete). Then, Chapter 13:10 shows that those gifts were for the church in its tender years. However, when the church is mature, those gifts will finally give way. Paul says, “the perfect will come, then the partial gifts will be discarded“.

So, what then is the perfect (gift)? The perfect (gift) cannot be the coming of Christ because of the qualities associated with the gifts - failure and vanishing. At the coming of Christ, all things stop.

The earlier verses says, it is love. Much more, John in his first epistle says, it is love. What then is this love that shows up when the church has left its childish state? Paul says, it is the truth in love, the full knowledge of the Jesus, the Gospels of Christ (Eph. 4:13-16, 2 Tim.3:16-17); John says, “but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him”. The word of God is termed “love”.

Finally, we have a verse in the scriptures if not handled carefully throws everything said by the prophet into the flames - 1 Corinthians 14:2: For one who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God; for no one understands, but in his spirit he speaks mysteries.
………………………………………………………………………….

“This chapter is crowded with difficulties“, so says Adam Clarke about 1 Corinthians 14. To understand one pagan affiliation, it would be important to look at another pagan affiliation one is familiar with so that the difficulties Adam Clarke speaks of will be averted. In Ifá worship, it is typical that when the Babaláwo begins to mutter the ọfọ̀, an ọ̀gbẹ̀rì would not understand. In the Babaláwo‘s mind, he speaks mysteries (ancient secrets of the past) only Ifá understands; though the Babaláwo may not understand fully, yet he speaks them. The ọ̀gbẹ̀rì doesn’t understand because he is an illiterate with respect to the training one is required to go through to “read” and understand the words of the Babaláwo.

1 Corinthians 14:3 shows that Paul isn’t referring to the traditions mentioned in chapter 12:2; but he is referring to a present unfavorable practice in the church; and the need to desire prophesying (interpretations: v.1).

1. The Babaláwo is the religious equivalent to a Christian minister. In the manner the Babaláwo does, the church ministers at Corinth spoke (without interpretation) to the ọ̀gbẹ̀rì. But this is Christianity not paganism, hence, Paul speaks of the need for the interpretation of the tongue of the text (verse 1&11)

2. The synagogue in the Greek nation of Corinth like in all synagogues Apostle Paul visited, read the Hebrew texts - the Torah (The Five Books of Moses), Nevi'im ('Prophets') and Ketuvim ('Writings'), which make up our Old Testament scriptures. When these texts are read, the congregation of Greeks would never understand; so the purpose of reading is unfruitful, and these leaves the Gentiles with a feeling of disrespect or dissatisfaction; So they might say, “na only him and God understand wetin he dey talk”, so does Paul say: “For one who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God; for no one understands”. The reader of the Hebrew texts always made a vain effort in communing with the unlearned congregation in a foreign tongue;

Therefore, Paul admonished the gifted to pray and sing the psalms, hymns and spiritual songs according to the spirit of the Torah, Nevi'im and Ketuvim, and according to the gifted’s mind (“mind” means “mental disposition” or “vital principle”. Mental disposition is what drives our emotions, desires, affection etc.): “I will pray with the spirit and I will pray with the mind also; I will sing with the spirit and I will sing with the mind also”.

The speaker of the foreign tongue spoke mysteries, the verse says. Paul speaks of the ancient texts’ picturesque expressions of Christ as mysteries in Colossian 1:26. He prayed that the Gentiles would understand the mysteries in the Jewish ancient texts concerning the Christ (Eph. 6:19, Col. 4:3, 1:26,27). This made it imperative that the unknown tongue of the Torah, Nevi'im, and Ketuvim needed interpretation and its mysteries uncovered for the benefit of unlearned hearers.

This is why he admonished them in verse 1 not to desire to speak in the Hebrew tongue but to desire to interpret(prophecy) the Hebrew tongue in which Torah, Nevi'im and Ketuvim were written in, in the Corinth dialect.

What is practiced as the “gift of tongues” by the Pentecostal church and many of its admirers for the better part of the last century is more like the 1 Corinthians 12:2 case. It is not a gospel speaking speech: It is antithetical to the pattern of the scriptures and the spirit of the gospel of Christ. It is contrary to the instruction of the 1689 confession of faith that states that “all parts of religious worship of God are to be performed with understanding”. It churns the stomach of the early church fathers who for the primacy of the people’s edification stated through the principles of the Westminster confession of Faith that: “The goal is the hearers’ understanding of, and growth in, the Word of God, not the display of the preacher’s eloquence or erudition. At least a dozen times the Directory urges plainness or clarity of expression in preaching in order that “the meanest [humblest] may understand.”

I now know why it was sickening for Paul to speak about it. This is a long read but it takes time to dissolve an iceberg; Don’t let it weary you, please. Tongues is not for the real children of God who have found grace in Christ. May the Lord be with us all.

(For the non-Yoruba: ọ̀gbẹ̀rì means unlearned or illiterate. ògèdè/ọfọ̀ means incantations. Babaláwo is the Priest of Ifá. Ifá is the Yoruba divination deity).

Cc: Toyorlee1, Nebes, Maximus69, Eulalia, MuttleyLaff

Acehart

MuttleyLaff:
"... because of your reliance on a crutch. You are dependent on the crutch, you need this stick fit under the arm, and to lean on for support because you have difficulty in the praying department, so you have to invent this fake gift of speaking in tongues, a reminiscence and variant of "Ọfọ̀ Asẹ" and/or "Ògèdè".

This gift of speaking in tongues, is so cool, simple and straightforward but you guys have just to turn it on its head and into something else, and like I've earlier numerously said, turn it into glorified "ògèdè" and/or "ọfọ̀" and/or incantation recitations
"
- Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes
by MuttleyLaff: 12:35am On Mar 12 2019

paxonel:
You did not read it

true?
That is too bad now!

Bishopkingsley:

[s]Answer
Incantation is from the devil
Satan always copy God check from Genesis to revelation all he does is to copy what God does he has no originality

Satan own is different from our own because Satan only does his own to do bad things he comes to kill steal and destroy

But the son of man has come to bring And give life and to bring and give it to the full

There is a big difference between the two

John 3:31 ►
He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.[/s]
paxonel, I loved and like your comment on how you called a spade, a spade and refused to call a spade, a fork.

You'll soon get used to Bishopkingsley beloved, defiantly doing a strawmanning with every comment you post

2 Likes

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:46am On Sep 22, 2021
BassReeves:

paxonel, I loved and like your comment on how you called a spade, a spade and refused to call a spade, a fork.

You'll soon get used to Bishopkingsley beloved, defiantly doing a strawmanning with every comment you post

For the fact that you doubt me shows am doing the right thing

There must be one who opposes the truth it started from the beginning light vs darkness

It shows me am on the right path your disobedience is what keeps me on track on the right track

Even God Himself has one who opposes him so why won't I have you BassReeves

What gives me hope is when ever you eventually Repent you will do exactly what Paul did you will lead and even go far than me that is how God design this things

Once you BassReeves have an encounter with God you will lead the way your eyes will be opened

I truly pray for you

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by BassReeves: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
[s]For the fact that you doubt me shows am doing the right thing

There must be one who opposes the truth it started from the beginning light vs darkness

It shows me am on the right path your disobedience is what keeps me on track on the right track

Even God Himself has one who opposes him so why won't I have you BassReeves

What gives me hope is when ever you eventually Repent you will do exactly what Paul did you will lead and even go far than me that is how God design this things

Once you BassReeves have an encounter with God you will lead the way your eyes will be opened

I truly pray for you [/s]
2 Corinthians 10:5
'We are destroying sophisticated arguments
and every exalted and proud thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God,
and we are taking every thought and purpose captive to the obedience of Christ,
'

You truly need praying for your soul because you need the prayer for yourself more than I do

If we don't defend the faith in the name of Jesus, people won't know and believe the Gospel, more people will be derailed and more false teachings will be brought not just in Christianity but even into church, the body of Christ.

This is the reason why I am taking captive every one of all your rebellious thoughts, pulling down your trousers, demolishing your arrogance that opposes the knowledge of the outright mention of the name of Jesus Christ during baptism

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:28am On Sep 22, 2021
BassReeves:
2 Corinthians 10:5
'We are destroying sophisticated arguments
and every exalted and proud thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God,
and we are taking every thought and purpose captive to the obedience of Christ,
'

You truly need praying for your soul because you need the prayer for yourself more than I do

If we don't defend the faith in the name of Jesus, people won't know and believe the Gospel, more people will be derailed and more false teachings will be brought not just in Christianity but even into church, the body of Christ.

This is the reason why I am taking captive every one of all your rebellious thoughts, pulling down your trousers, demolishing your arrogance that opposes the knowledge of the outright mention of the name of Jesus Christ during baptism

Any who see the way you speak will know you are not from God

You open your mouth to say there are errors in the Bible you open your mouth to say

Matthew 28:19 ►
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Is not in the Bible between me and you who is the one with the rebellious thoughts,

I said the Bible is perfect and holy

You said it not who is the one bringing the

rebellious thoughts,

It actually you because I follow the Bible

While you refuse to follow the Bible

Oya tell us where you got the evidence that there is error in the Bible let see where Jesus said there is error show us

And show us who told you Matthew 28:19 ►
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Is not in the Bible

All the things you will say is from one person who is not in the Bible and who God never spoke to

You are the one with rebellious thoughts,
Because you refused to obey the written words of God

Let me Ask you for people to hear from your rebellious thoughts,

BassReeves is the Bible perfect and accurate BassReeves is the king James Version of the Bible perfect and accurate?
BassReeves is Matthew 28:19 ►

From Jesus mouth?

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by paxonel(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Moreover from your statement, when people speak in tongues in churches today how come God has never supernaturally transformed the tongues they speak to languages that church members hearing them speaking, can understand

Answer
This is a miraculous event because different people from all over the world were there but now each nation have two languages mostly mother language and official language

There is no need for this type of miracle to happen because each church pastor can speak in one of the two languages

Don't doubt the power of God speaking in tongues still exists and works
well, unfortunately the church pastors don't interprete what they are saying when they speak in tongues.
Oyedepo, oyakhilome, Mike okonkwo, oritsejafor, etc.
And note: each of these pastors have their special tones they use to speak in their tongues : could it be that it is the same one holy spirit that is influencing this diverse kinda tongue speaking tones or intonations to separate pastors?
Consequently, their members do the same when they pray in tongues in their houses.
They say the tongues as if they are doing incantations or performing some kinda rituals that will earn them wealth, protection from the devil and respect from other amateur Christians who also cannot speak in tongues like them and doesn't understand what they are saying

2 Likes

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by hupernikao: 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

But your interpretation above is not what 1 Cor 14 taught. You need to read the whole chapter together or better still Chapter 12 - 14 together because that is where the discussion started from.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by BassReeves: 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2021
BassReeves:
I'll just give you the below attached pic of Shem Tov’s Matthew Gospel that does not have the part with, 'Father the Son and Holy Spirit' in it as a taster, as I wouldnt want to lean too heavy on you with evidences of others that's plentifully available.

For your info, the below attached picture of the Shem Tov’s Matthew Gospel, is a manuscript of Matthew in Hebrew from 1385 and some theologians believe it is a copy of the original one that was passed down. Note that KJV was only translated in 1611 and that KJV is not infallible nor faultless

Deuteronomy 4:2
'You must not add to or subtract from what I command you, so that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I am giving you.'

Deuteronomy 12:32
'So be careful to obey all the commands I give you. You must not add anything to them or subtract anything from them.'
Research instead to see that its glaring that someone so desperate to preach trinity as a doctrine, went to the great length of adding to Matthew 28:19 what was not, in the first instance, originally there in Matthew 28:19

Maybe the perpetrator(s) isnt familiar with Proverbs 30:6, that says:
'Do not add to His words, (i.e. Jesus' words) or He will reprimand you, and you will be found to be a liar'

Quran 2:79
'Woe, then, unto those who write down, with their own hands, [something which they claim to be] divine writ, and then say. "This is from God," in order to acquire a trifling gain thereby; woe, then, unto them for what their hands have written, and woe unto them for all that they may have gained'

Beloved Bishopkingsley, if Matthew 28:19 in its entirety is true, genuine and as you claim, Jesus did command the disciples to baptise 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit' then why would Peter in Acts 2:38 go against Jesus' command and baptise in only Jesus' name and alone?

Bishopkingsley:
Any who see the way you speak will know you are not from God

You open your mouth to say there are errors in the Bible you open your mouth to say

Is not in the Bible between me and you who is the one with the rebellious thoughts,

I said the Bible is perfect and holy

You said it not who is the one bringing the

rebellious thoughts,

It actually you because I follow the Bible

While you refuse to follow the Bible

Oya tell us where you got the evidence that there is error in the Bible let see where Jesus said there is error show us

And show us who told you Matthew 28:19

Is not in the Bible
Supporting all that above, is the Shem Tovs' Matthew Gospel attached below, which was written before any English translation bible version, meaning before is KJV was written

Bishopkingsley:
All the things you will say is from one person who is not in the Bible and who God never spoke to

You are the one with rebellious thoughts,
Because you refused to obey the written words of God
You are rebelling against what the Apostles practised. Let me ask you this question then to see if you're a rebel or not a rebel

Bishopkingsley, beloved, dont be frightened and not answer:

1. Are you baptised,?

2. If your answer to #1 above, is:
'Yes, I am baptised, washed in the blood of Jesus Christ and Holy Ghost filled' then, I kindly, friendly and brotherly, ask you:
then, in whose mentioned name, were you baptised, in?
What is the mentioned name, that was used, during the baptism, you were subjected to?

Bishopkingsley:
Let me Ask you for people to hear from your rebellious thoughts,

BassReeves is the Bible perfect and accurate
Capital YES, the Bible is perfect and accurate. On the other hand, bible translations including KJV are far from perfect and accurate

Bishopkingsley:
BassReeves is the king James Version of the Bible perfect and accurate?
Capital NO. Of course not, beloved, the king James Version of the Bible IS NOT perfect and IS NOT 100 percent accurate

If everything in the Bible must be followed especially the new testaments Bible then what is the reason why Matthew 28.19 instead of saying the original '... baptise in the name My Name' (i.e. Jesus Christ) is changed to say '... baptise in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost'?

You seriously in your arrogance and ignorance believe you are confronted by a baby Kingsway or bubblegum believer

Jeremiah 23:33-40
'33“So when these people or the prophet or the priest ask you, saying, ‘What is the oracle of the Lord?’ you shall then say to them, ‘What oracle?’ I will even forsake you,” says the Lord.
34“And as for the prophet and the priest and the people who say, ‘The oracle of the Lord!’ I will even punish that man and his house.
35Thus every one of you shall say to his neighbor, and every one to his brother, ‘What has the Lord answered?’ and, ‘What has the Lord spoken?’
36And the oracle of the Lord you shall mention no more. For every man’s word will be his oracle, for you have perverted the words of the living God, the Lord of hosts, our God.
37Thus you shall say to the prophet, ‘What has the Lord answered you?’ and, ‘What has the Lord spoken?’
38But since you say, ‘The oracle of the Lord!’ therefore thus says the Lord: ‘Because you say this word, “The oracle of the Lord!” and I have sent to you, saying, “Do not say, ‘The oracle of the Lord!’ ”
39therefore behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you and forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, and will cast you out of My presence.
40And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.
'

I am sure you can see and read in Jeremiah 23:33-40 above, what happens to those who pervert the words of the living God, the Lord of hosts

If you are successful in showing in the bible where after Jesus' resurrection baptism was done in any other name than in the name of Jesus, I promise you that I will eat my hat

Clearly I am no match for the level and depth of your ignorance

Translated bibles have errors in them. Suck it in, swallow it down and deal with that fact, truth and reality

Let me share with you one or two examples of how certain parts of KJV are ludicrous because of its translation errors

Leviticus 11:20
'All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you'

Bishopkingsley beloved, I am sure you know that fowls don't creep nor do they go upon all four.

Deuteronomy 14:7
'Nevertheless these ye shall not eat of them that chew the cud,
or of them that divide the cloven hoof;
as
the camel, and the hare, and the coney:
for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof;
therefore they are unclean unto you.
'

Bishopkingsley beloved, note that the KJV's translation of Deuteronomy 14:7, on two counts, is wrong, because, first, hares don’t chew the cud and second, hares, they do divide the hoof.

Only the humble will find the truth, no matter what Bible translation is used. In light of incontrovertible evidences, it is disgraceful and blasphemy for you to say that the KJV translated bible is without errors.

You shouldn't be so foolish as to publicly say that KJV is complete. You shouldn't be so foolish as to publicly say, 'God told me Kingsley my son I was present when they translated it and I guided them to use the right words' especially when there are at least circa 2 millions errors in the KJV.

So, KJV cant be a God inspired book, but rather it is a human inspired book, with all the errors, one expects humans to make, be in it.

Burying your head in the sand, as if like an ostrich, isnt going to make the truth of the forgery in Matthew 28:19 go away

There you have it. I've shared with you one or two examples of how certain parts of KJV are ludicrous because of its translation errors

Bishopkingsley:
BassReeves is Matthew 28:19 ►

From Jesus mouth?
Capital NO. Of course, Jesus DID NOT say 'baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,'

What Jesus said was '...baptizing them in My name'

It is imperative that after the resurrection of Jesus, all baptism are done, in the mention of the name Jesus, just the way the Apostles did all baptism into Jesus and in Jesus' mentioned name.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2021
paxonel:
well, unfortunately the church pastors don't interprete what they are saying when they speak in tongues.
Oyedepo, oyakhilome, Mike okonkwo, oritsejafor, etc.
And note: each of these pastors have their special tones they use to speak in their tongues : could it be that it is the same one holy spirit that is influencing this diverse kinda tongue speaking tones or intonations to separate pastors?
Consequently, their members do the same when they pray in tongues in their houses.
They say the tongues as if they are doing incantations or performing some kinda rituals that will earn them wealth, protection from the devil and respect from other amateur Christians who also cannot speak in tongues like them and doesn't understand what they are saying

All pastor's interpret

I told you once a pastor speaks in tongues the next English word from his mouth is the interpretation of the spoken tongues

Now the amateur Christian who can not speak in tongues should pray for the gift from God and it just a matter of time he or she will receive his own gift too

I did not pray for speaking in tongues I only prayed for the presence of the Holy Spirit in my heart

I did not know that by praying for the holy spirit in my life that I was indirectly praying for speaking in tongues

It was later that I found out the two come together

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2021
hupernikao:

But your interpretation above is not what 1 Cor 14 taught. You need to read the whole chapter together or better still Chapter 12 - 14 together because that is where the discussion started from.

1 Corinthians 14
King James Version
14 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?

8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?

9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.

10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.

11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.

12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

17 For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.

18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

Summary

My brother all this place is talking about speaking in tongues in church
Look

19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

This Corinthians church every one was speaking in tongues each time they come to the church nothing was done in orderliness

Paul was teaching them how to do it in an order fashion Paul instruct the pastor of the church to lead the prayer section when every one speaks in tongues

He who speaks in tongues and interpret is greater than he who only prophecies

1 Corinthians 14:19 ►

Paul say this because they were not organized but notice Paul said I speak in tongues more than you all

More than all of them combined where was he doing that it was in his home just as Jesus instructed pray in your closest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by BassReeves: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2021
BassReeves:
1 Corinthians 14:5
'I wish that all of you could speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy.
He who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues,
unless he interprets so that the church may be edified.
'

1 Corinthians 14:26-28
'26What then shall we say, brothers?
When you come together, everyone has a psalm or a teaching, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation.
All of these must be done to build up the church.
27If anyone speaks in a tongue, two, or at most three, should speak in turn, and someone must interpret.
28But if there is no interpreter, he should remain silent in the church and speak only to himself and God
'

1 Corinthians 12:7-11
'7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.
8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom,
to another the message of knowledge by the same Spirit,
9to another faith by the same Spirit,
to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,
10to another the working of miracles,
to another prophecy,
to another distinguishing between spirits,
to another speaking in various tongues,
and to still another the interpretation of tongues.
11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, who apportions them to each one as He determines.
'

It is not my view, it is the bible view.

The 9 manifestations of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, are in 3 categories, classed as revelation, vocal and power gifts:
1. Revelation gifts
(i.e. gifts of the ability to reveal something)
- Word of wisdom
- Word of knowledge
- Discerning of spirits

2. Vocal gifts
(i.e. gifts of the ability to say something)
- Speaking in various tongues or languages
- Interpretation of tongues or languages
- Prophecy

3. Power gifts
(i.e. gifts of the ability to do something)
- Faith
- Healing
- Working of miracles

The view of the bible (i.e. 1 Corinthians 14:5) concerning, the position of speaking in tongues, in its Vocal gifts category, is very clear.

Now, iam.Dr.Rhymes , I'll ask you the following questions:
1. How is speaking in tongues in any way deeper than the way the bible place it?
2. What to your understanding, is the specific purpose for the gift of speaking in tongues?

hupernikao:
You know that, I know that but Bishopkingsley beloved doesnt give a damn.

Bishopkingsley will happily straw man you, prooftext scripture, read bible verses in isolation, read bible narratives out of context and even worse introduce tradition of men doctrine(s)

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2021
BassReeves:

Supporting all that above, is the Shem Tovs' Matthew Gospel attached below, which was written before any English translation bible version, meaning before is KJV was written

You are rebelling against what the Apostles practised. Let me ask you this question then to see if you're a rebel or not a rebel

1. Are you baptised,?

'Yes, I am baptised, washed in the blood of Jesus Christ and Holy Ghost filled' then, I kindly, friendly and brotherly, ask you:
What is the mentioned name, that was used, during the baptism, you were subjected to?

Capital YES, the Bible is perfect and accurate. On the other hand, bible translations including KJV are far from perfect and accurate

Capital NO. Of course not, beloved, the king James Version of the Bible IS NOT perfect and IS NOT 100 percent accurate

If everything in the Bible must be followed especially the new testaments Bible then what is the reason why Matthew 28.19 instead of saying the original '... baptise in the name My Name' (i.e. Jesus Christ) is changed to say '... baptise in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost'?

You seriously in your arrogance and ignorance believe you are confronted by a baby Kingsway or bubblegum believer

'33“So when these people or the prophet or the priest ask you, saying, ‘What is the oracle of the Lord?’ you shall then say to them, ‘What oracle?’ I will even forsake you,” says the Lord.
34“And as for the prophet and the priest and the people who say, ‘The oracle of the Lord!’ I will even punish that man and his house.
35Thus every one of you shall say to his neighbor, and every one to his brother, ‘What has the Lord answered?’ and, ‘What has the Lord spoken?’
36And the oracle of the Lord you shall mention no more. For every man’s word will be his oracle, for you have perverted the words of the living God, the Lord of hosts, our God.
37Thus you shall say to the prophet, ‘What has the Lord answered you?’ and, ‘What has the Lord spoken?’
38But since you say, ‘The oracle of the Lord!’ therefore thus says the Lord: ‘Because you say this word, “The oracle of the Lord!” and I have sent to you, saying, “Do not say, ‘The oracle of the Lord!’ ”
39therefore behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you and forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, and will cast you out of My presence.
40And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.
'

I am sure you can see and read in Jeremiah 23:33-40 above, what happens to those who pervert the words of the living God, the Lord of hosts

If you are successful in showing in the bible where after Jesus' resurrection baptism was done in any other name than in the name of Jesus, I promise you that I will eat my hat

Translated bibles have errors in them. Suck it in, swallow it down and deal with that fact, truth and reality

Let me share with you one or two examples of how certain parts of KJV are ludicrous because of its translation errors

Bishopkingsley beloved, I am sure you know that fowls don't creep nor do they go upon all four.

as
'

Bishopkingsley beloved, note that the KJV's translation of Deuteronomy 14:7, on two counts, is wrong, because, first, hares don’t chew the cud and second, hares, they do divide the hoof.

Only the humble will find the truth, no matter what Bible translation is used. In light of incontrovertible evidences, it is disgraceful and blasphemy for you to say that the KJV translated bible is without errors.

You shouldn't be so foolish as to publicly say that KJV is complete. You shouldn't be so foolish as to publicly say, 'God told me Kingsley my son I was present when they translated it and I guided them to use the right words' especially when there are at least circa 2 millions errors in the KJV.

So, KJV cant be a God inspired book, but rather it is a human inspired book, with all the errors, one expects humans to make, be in it.

Burying your head in the sand, as if like an ostrich, isnt going to make the truth of the forgery in Matthew 28:19 go away

There you have it. I've shared with you one or two examples of how certain parts of KJV are ludicrous because of its translation errors

Capital NO. Of course, Jesus DID NOT say 'baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,'

It is imperative that after the resurrection of Jesus, all baptism are done, in the mention of the name Jesus, just the way the Apostles did all baptism into Jesus and in Jesus' mentioned name.

All the things you wrote are trash

Answer
Not one thing you say is true you are only saying what the devil taught you

I told you I gave you another trinity scriptures before you said you want baptism in it and I gave you you resolve to abuse have you forgotten

This is from God and Bible is complete
King James Version is holy and when you stop lying about the word of God you will be made whole

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by BassReeves: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
[s]All the things you wrote are trash

Answer
Not one thing you say is true you are only saying what the devil taught you

I told you I gave you another trinity scriptures before you said you want baptism in it and I gave you you resolve to abuse have you forgotten

This is from God and Bible is complete
King James Version is holy and when you stop lying about the word of God you will be made whole

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,[/s]
What is trash to you, is treasure to others.

No matter how strongly you grip on your trousers to save your blushes, I am pulling and yanking it down to have you exposed further

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
BassReeves:

No matter how strongly you grip on your trousers to save your blushes, I am pulling and yanking it down to have you exposed further

That picture means nothing because there are many proves that Jesus said those words

You are using useless internet as your evidence I thought you were going to use scripture

Now you said it was different from what the disciples of Jesus practiced

I want to ask you

Using Jesus name
Is Jesus God Almighty?
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:04pm On Sep 22, 2021
BassReeves:

First we need to find out what ‘in the name of‘ actually means. It means ‘by the authority of’, ‘by the power of’, ‘on behalf of’. It is an expression showing that one individual is acting as the representative of another, acting in accordance with his will and instructions and by his authority. When Jesus told the disciples to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, He was telling them to do so by the authority of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The will or authority of Father, Son and Holy Spirit is exactly the same, for they are completely in harmony and united in will. What one authorizes is what the others authorize. What one says to do is what the others say to do. To act by the authority (in the name of) one, then, is to act by the authority (in the name of) all three, for it is the same authority.

Being baptized by Jesus’ authority

So ‘in Jesus’ name’ is not a formula for what must be specifically stated when baptizing a person. ‘In Jesus’ name’ simply means by Jesus’ authority or power. To baptize in Jesus’ name simply means to do so in obedience to His power or authority. His authority is the authority of God, which is the same power as that of the Father and the Holy Spirit. So to baptize in accordance with Jesus’ name is to baptize according to His power or authority, which is the same as baptizing according to the name or authority or power of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The name/names in which we are baptized is not as important as the recognition that baptism identifies us with the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, our Savior. We are buried with Him and risen to walk with Him in newness of life.

We now belong to the Father, are saved by the Son and indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

That is what baptism is all about and that is what

Stands for
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2021
BassReeves:

1. Are you baptised,?

'

as
'

Manuscript Evidence I: Matthew

Even though critics of trinitarians claim there is a mountain of historical evidence, there actually isn't. Another answer on this site lays out the manuscripts of Matthew. No manuscript of Matthew is known that has the short form of the verse. Even though the critical texts used by scholars lay out all kinds of textual variants throughout the NT, my copy of NA-27 does not list any variants on Matthew 28:19. Even though it lists out variants on 18 and 20, there are none for 19. When looking beyond Greek, all ancient translations have the long reading of Matthew (Latin, Syriac, etc).

One might point out the Hebrew translation of Matthew known as Shem Tob. While it does not have the long reading, it does not count for several reasons.

It dates from the late 1300s (the medieval period, not antiquity). Far too late to be of any significant textual help.
It doesn't even have the short reading of "baptizing in my name." Instead, Matt 28:19-20 reads "Go and teach them to carry out all the things which I have commanded you forever." It mentions nothing of baptizing at all.
Bart Ehrman, a noted textual critic who is neither a Christian nor a trinitarian (in fact, he describes himself as an agnostic) agrees that the long form of the verse is original. The same blog reproducing Ehrman on this passage has a statement from another New Testament scholar who is also an authority on Eusebius.
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by hupernikao: 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Summary

My brother all this place is talking about speaking in tongues in church
Look

This Corinthians church every one was speaking in tongues each time they come to the church nothing was done in orderliness

Paul was teaching them how to do it in an order fashion Paul instruct the pastor of the church to lead the prayer section when every one speaks in tongues

He who speaks in tongues and interpret is greater than he who only prophecies

1 Corinthians 14:19 ►

Paul say this because they were not organized but notice Paul said I speak in tongues more than you all

More than all of them combined where was he doing that it was in his home just as Jesus instructed pray in your closest

I will focus on just 3 key elements of your summary.

1. You agreed that Paul wasnt against tongue but regulating its usage.
2. Paul usage of greater for Prophesying is not related to authority as we use good, better, best. But its function to express love for others.
3. The focus of Paul is on ORDER not the relevance or condemnation.

1. YOU AGREED THAT PAUL WASNT AGAINST TONGUE BUT REGULATING ITS USAGE.

1 Cor 14

verse1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

The word rather there is muchmore (check other translation/original), hence he said desire spiritual gifts (tongues) is part of this. But much more to prophesy.

That is desire this but do this more.

This is clear in his last verses

39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

This means, you must ensure you speak in tongue, likewise covet to prophesy.

So, Paul never spoke against tongues nor undermine its influence. His focus was on usage. Which leads to my second point.

2.PAUL USAGE OF GREATER FOR PROPHESYING IS NOT RELATED TO AUTHORITY AS WE USE GOOD, BETTER, BEST. BUT ITS FUNCTION..

If you read all together, you will observe, that there are two key elements in Paul's focus from [b]1 Cor 12 - 14
, which are LOVE and ORDER. The moment you lose focus of this in that scriptures, you will only be seeing contradiction in tongues and prophesying.

Paul, taught in 1 Cor 12:31
31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

That excellent way, was taught as love in chapter 13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

last verse
13 And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is LOVE.

This is what led to Chapter 14, observe how that starts

14 Follow after LOVE, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

So, you could see him bringing all he taught in chapter 12 and 13 together in 14. They must be read together.

Hence, it simply means the motive for spiritual gifts is LOVE. The love here means to help others, to consider the other persons not just yourself. The reason he took tongue and prophesying as examples to explain.

Now Note:

1. Tongues is to you and God - hence, the speaker is blessed but the hearer is not. So he can do more by moving to prophesying.
2. Prophesying is to the church (more people are blessed) - hence a full expression of loving others, and being involved in ensuring everyone is blessed in the church.

This is what Paul referred to as greater. It is in function and operation. One affects the whole church together, the other affect the individuals involved.

4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself;
....but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather (muchmore) that ye prophesied: for greater (offer support for others) is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues,

Observe what he said next for the one who speaks in tongues
except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.[/i]

Why?
Because when tongues is interpreted, others will be blessed too as you. So, you will be contributing the same way prophesying contribute to the church.

Hence, he would never have spoken against tongue as not useful or to be neglected. It is an operative gift dominant in the church.

3. THE FOCUS OF PAUL IS ON ORDER NOT THE RELEVANCE OR CONDEMNATION.

So,
1. did Paul condemn speaking in tongues? NO
2. did Paul condemn speaking in tongues IN CHURCH? NO
3. did Paul explained how it should be used IN CHURCH? YES.

So, what was Paul's explanations.

ORDER, order in its usage. Both tongues and prophesying.

The motive must first of all to bless yourself and to bless others.

Edifying here implies building with orderliness. What is the order.

There must be a leader, a coordinator both for the tongue and prophesying.

Dont just rise up and start speaking in tongues when others are doing something else. Order will mean, what is the instruction of the leader?

If the leader says, let us all speak in tongues, then we can all, as we minister to ourselves, personally and to God. It is a mode of prayer/ministry.

vs 2 For he that speaketh in an tongue speaketh unto God:
vs 28 let him speak to himself, and to God.

But individual must not act on disorderliness which must come from the leader.

In Conclusion
Tongues is an instrument of blessing to the believer and when handled with interpretation, the other believers can be blessed too. This will be a show of love and consideration for other people's needs to be met than focusing on yourself alone. Prophesying on the other hand, its a show of love to the church as they will all be blessed.

He that speaks in tongues and interpret will be achieving same purpose as the one who prophesy (vs 3-5).
This must be done in orderliness and under order of a coordinator, one who regulates what should be done.

In all, the motive of spiritual gifts must be to love one another and not to show off, it must be driving from a sacrificial heart who will love God to use him/her to bless others through the instrument of spiritual gifts. When this is achieve, we will all show concern and love towards one another by these gifts as your needs will be important to me than focusing on my own selfish needs alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2021
BassReeves let test the scriptures

If Matthew 28:19

If Matthew 28:19
"is of God no one could overthrow it"
(Acts 5:39)!

Acts 5:39
39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

Now let see the relationship between the father the son the holy spirit in baptism

Yet Matthew 28:19
Uses the one name
The Father the Son the Holy Spirit

Now
Ephesians 4:5
one Lord, one faith, one baptism;

Now
Acts 1
5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence

Ephesians 4:5 says "one baptism." Since Jesus promised Holy Spirit baptism
(Acts 1:5)!

The Scriptures continuously promise Holy Spirit baptism before the cross in

Matthew 3:11,
Mark 1:8,
Luke 3:16

and finally Jesus promises Holy Spirit baptism in Acts 1:5 which makes it obvious the "one baptism" is Holy Spirit baptism
(Ephesians 4:5).

Since we need "power" to quicken our "DEAD spirits"
(Romans 5:12-14;
I Corinthians 15:21-22) "back to life"

(Ephesians 2:1) as we are "born again of the Spirit"
(John 3:5-7) that we receive after Holy Spirit baptism
(Acts 1:5;8.. ) when a water baptism is powerless shouldn't the "one baptism" be Holy Spirit baptism?

Since we need "power" that we receive after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5;8.. )
"to become the sons of God" (John 1:12-13) shouldn't the "one baptism" be Holy Spirit baptism? BassReeves

Since Jesus "chooses and ordains us"
(John 15:16;
Acts 1:22) when "He baptizes us with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33) shouldn't the one baptism be Holy Spirit baptism?

Since Jesus said Holy Spirit baptism in
Acts 1:5

Can't you see the relationship between all this steps with

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
hupernikao:

2. Paul usage of greater for Prophesying is not related to authority as we use good, better, best. But its function to express love for others.

1 Cor 14

verse1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

The word rather there is muchmore (check other translation/original), hence he said desire spiritual gifts (tongues) is part of this. But much more to prophesy.

So, Paul never spoke against tongues nor undermine its influence. His focus was on usage. Which leads to my second point.

2.PAUL USAGE OF GREATER FOR PROPHESYING IS NOT RELATED TO AUTHORITY AS WE USE GOOD, BETTER, BEST. BUT ITS FUNCTION..

If you read all together, you will observe, that there are two key elements in Paul's focus from [b]1 Cor 12 - 14
, which are LOVE and ORDER. The moment you lose focus of this in that scriptures, you will only be seeing contradiction in tongues and prophesying.

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

last verse
13 And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is LOVE.

14 Follow after LOVE, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

So, you could see him bringing all he taught in chapter 12 and 13 together in 14. They must be read together.

Hence, it simply means the motive for spiritual gifts is LOVE. The love here means to help others, to consider the other persons not just yourself. The reason he took tongue and prophesying as examples to explain.

Now Note:

1. Tongues is to you and God - hence, the speaker is blessed but the hearer is not. So he can do more by moving to prophesying.
2. Prophesying is to the church (more people are blessed) - hence a full expression of loving others, and being involved in ensuring everyone is blessed in the church.

This is what Paul referred to as greater. It is in function and operation. One affects the whole church together, the other affect the individuals involved.

5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather (muchmore) that ye prophesied: for greater (offer support for others) is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues,

Why?
Because when tongues is interpreted, others will be blessed too as you. So, you will be contributing the same way prophesying contribute to the church.

Hence, he would never have spoken against tongue as not useful or to be neglected. It is an operative gift dominant in the church.

So,

Dont just rise up and start speaking in tongues when others are doing something else. Order will mean, what is the instruction of the leader?

If the leader says, let us all speak in tongues, then we can all, as we minister to ourselves, personally and to God. It is a mode of prayer/ministry.

In Conclusion
Tongues is an instrument of blessing to the believer and when handled with interpretation, the other believers can be blessed too. This will be a show of love and consideration for other people's needs to be met than focusing on yourself alone. Prophesying on the other hand, its a show of love to the church as they will all be blessed.

He that speaks in tongues and interpret will be achieving same purpose as the one who prophesy (vs 3-5).
This must be done in orderliness and under order of a coordinator, one who regulates what should be done.

In all, the motive of spiritual gifts must be to love one another and not to show off, it must be driving from a sacrificial heart who will love God to use him/her to bless others through the instrument of spiritual gifts. When this is achieve, we will all show concern and love towards one another by these gifts as your needs will be important to me than focusing on my own selfish needs alone.

I will step by step break it down

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way

Answer

Do you know this above scripture is for those who speak in tongues doing it in a disorganized way intimidating those who don't have the gift

This instruction is for those who receive speaking in tongues for them to display love in their character in church

Here Paul is telling them to desire to display love in church rather than making noise tongues which means nothing to those who hear them

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away

This place is talking about when Jesus comes that only love we continue

Speaking in tongues will stop because Jesus is already ruling no one needs power gift when Jesus comes

But until Jesus comes who is the perfect one
Speaking in tongues and all powerful gift will continue
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2021
hupernikao:

1 Cor 14

last verse

Now Note:

Why?

So,

In Conclusion

Every thing you said here is perfect it is exactly what I wanted to say

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? / Muhammed(disasterbeuponhim)- D Sexual Superman Cum Rapist / HELP! Who Is The First Person To Practice Family Planning In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 349
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.