Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Is Too Much Profit A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Too Much Profit A Sin? (19050 Views)

What Shall It Profit A Man If He Gains The Whole World And Lose His Own Soul. / Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by bamvik(m): 6:31am On Jun 14, 2020
I Am curious to know from bible scholars in the house. You see a situation where the wholesale price of an item is lets say #2100 * 100pieces =210,000. Transportation = 90,000, total =300k and the trader eventually selling it #6000naira which is =600k.

So is it a sin? Your answers with biblical reference

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 6:33am On Jun 14, 2020
bamvik:
Am curious to know from bible scholars in the house. You see a situation where the wholesale price of an item is lets say #2100naira and the trader eventually selling it #5000-#6000naira. So is it a sin? Your answers with biblical reference
Why not ask the Spirit of God supposedly living on the inside of you?
You do understand that if He does not, live inside of you that is, then everything you do is sin, not matter how good you try to be at the end of the day? It will always remain meaningless worship. undecided

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by AntiChristian: 6:37am On Jun 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Why not ask the Spirit of God supposedly living on the inside of you? You do understand that if He does not, then everything you do is sin, not matter how good you try to be at the end of the day? It will always remain meaningless worship. undecided

Probably he has no spirit inside him. Ask that of yours and let others ask theirs and let's see the result of the various spirits inside all of you.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 6:41am On Jun 14, 2020
AntiChristian:

Probably he has no spirit inside him. Ask that of yours and let others ask theirs and let's see the result of the various spirits inside all of you.
OK. But will wait to sync my answer up with yours and his later .
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by dingbang(m): 6:43am On Jun 14, 2020
If God decides to inflate the price of Oxygen, I am sure his entire savings on earth will not afford a breath

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 6:45am On Jun 14, 2020
dingbang:
If God decides to inflate the price of Oxygen, I am sure his entire savings on earth will not afford a breath
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by helinues: 6:48am On Jun 14, 2020
It doesn't have to be a sin, but morally and logically, that's wickedness and self centered

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by Petersamuel8(m): 6:51am On Jun 14, 2020
My opinion though

IT IS GREED

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by orisa37: 6:53am On Jun 14, 2020
NO.

PROFIT IS GROWTH AND PROGRESS INDICATOR.

REINVEST ALL IN THE BUSINESS AND BE COST EFFECTIVE.

From Orunto27.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by sonofthunder: 7:10am On Jun 14, 2020
bamvik:
Am curious to know from bible scholars in the house. You see a situation where the wholesale price of an item is lets say #2100 * 100pieces =210,000. Transportation = 90,000, total =300k and the trader eventually selling it #6000naira which is =600k. So is it a sin? Your answers with biblical reference

Everything done in excess is sin. I wonder if we truly understand the meaning of sin but I have no desire to go into that. From multiple sexual partners, to eating to love for money anything done in excess (and to the conscious or unconscious detriment of those around us) is totally wrong. We do not often see the effect now until it gets back to destroy us. This is the basic reason we have failed societies in every corner of the world. But in line with your question, this doesn't mean you should labour for loss. You must determine how to measure a fair price by doing some simple things like determining how often do you sell your product, how long the product will last for a single use, is it a year or just a month amongst other factors. Most people don't have the patience to carry out this basic activity especially when operating a monopoly. They know their customers have limited choices.

24 Likes

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:16am On Jun 14, 2020
It is written "Better is little with Righteousness than great revenues without right" Proverbs 16:8

"Better is little with the Fear of the Lord than great treasure and Trouble therewith" Proverbs 15:16

"“Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.” 1 John 3:21

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by zionmde: 7:21am On Jun 14, 2020
Oga it's simple
God put physical laws of supply and demand into place
if d goods u have has a low supply but high demand or it's a luxurious product, aim to maximize profits as long as u are not doing it illegally (eg hoarding)

there are still many factor to consider
Eg is the product an essential commodity? if yes consider d fact dat a poor man will also need it, if no maximize ur profits

9 Likes

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by zionmde: 7:24am On Jun 14, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
It is written "Better is little with Righteousness than great revenues without right" Proverbs 16:8

"Better is little with the Fear of the Lord than great treasure and Trouble therewith" Proverbs 15:16

"“Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.” 1 John 3:21
misunderstanding those verses as u just quoted dem in this kind of situation is d reason a lot of Holier than thou Christians remain poor until they get fed up with Christianity or until nobody want to listen to dem anymore

I choose great revenues with righteousness
I also choose great treasures with the fear of God
if u think poverty is Holiness den how exactly will u spread d gospel or do u think d gospel came to u cheap?

6 Likes

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by orisa37: 7:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Nothing is a Sin that is not a BREACH of an Agreement, Contract or Covenant.

ABACHA took the people's Money away outside the Country and kept it there wasting and easing other Countries PROBLEMS. That was a Prodigal son that didn't return, a BREACH and a Sin. He didn't REPENT. He FAILED woefully and now in Hell. His Children seeking Elections into NASS in Kano should seek REPENTANCE first.

ATIKU took the people's Money away outside the Country but brought it back to reinvest into Education and other Businesses.. That is a Son that comes back to plough his father's Garden to make it good. ATIKU has repented and God sent an Angel (OBJ) to forgive him.

God is very much around in NIGERIA now.

From Orunto27
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:00am On Jun 14, 2020
zionmde:

misunderstanding those verses as u just quoted dem in this kind of situation is d reason a lot of Holier than thou Christians remain poor until they get fed up with Christianity or until nobody want to listen to dem anymore

I choose great revenues with righteousness
I also choose great treasures with the fear of God
if u think poverty is Holiness den how exactly will u spread d gospel or do u think d gospel came to u cheap?

In the house of the righteous, is much treasure" Proverbs 15:6

"He that is greedy of gain Troubleth his own house" Proverbs 15: 27

Verse 29-"The Lord is far from the wicked: but He Heareth the prayer of the righteous.

The crown of the wise is their riches;
If you saw me and if you knew me you would not be saying these things.

All who Truly serve and follow the Lord are not poor neither are they in poverty.

For indeed the Word of the Lord in Leviticus 26:3-13, is True and I am A Witness of It and I preach it. And those who see me know that it is True

2 Likes

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:06am On Jun 14, 2020
bamvik:
Am curious to know from bible scholars in the house. You see a situation where the wholesale price of an item is lets say #2100 * 100pieces =210,000. Transportation = 90,000, total =300k and the trader eventually selling it #6000naira which is =600k. So is it a sin? Your answers with biblical reference

It's not moral or right (which makes it a sin).
Lots of such traders usually sell things that way because the buyers probably aren't aware they are not that costly or have no choice. Beside, if everybody does thing that way, there will be unnecessary inflation of goods and services in the land.
It's never right for people to sell things expensive (due greedy) while others are selling thesame thing cheap

We can afford to buy alot of things today because people choose not to inflate prices, or are forced not to inflate due to healthy competitions.

5 Likes

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by JourneytoEL(f): 8:16am On Jun 14, 2020
Personally, a gain of 300k is not greedy or sinful because it is not excess. Remember, you did not add shop rent, shop maintenance costs, staff salaries, tax etc. Besides, you did not state how long it takes to sell it all off. If it takes 2 months to make a gain of 300k on a product, it means the business is not yet successful sef. The bible is against using false scales and Cheating People and also against inflating prices to frustrate people. Eg garri that is normally sold for #500 per paint because you heard the government is introducing a lockdown you sell that same stock for #1500 per paint.

18 Likes

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by bamvik(m): 9:04am On Jun 14, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

It's not moral or right (which makes it a sin).
Lots of such traders usually sell things that way because the buyers probably aren't aware they are not that costly or have no choice. Beside, if everybody does thing that way, there will be unnecessary inflation of goods and services in the land.
It's never right for people to sell things expensive (due greedy) while others are selling thesame thing cheap

We can afford to buy alot of things today because people choose not to inflate prices, or are forced not to inflate due to healthy competitions.

good response, thanks
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by bamvik(m): 9:12am On Jun 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Why not ask the Spirit of God supposedly living on the inside of you?
You do understand that if He does not, live inside of you that is, then everything you do is sin, not matter how good you try to be at the end of the day? It will always remain meaningless worship. undecided
haven't u seen a situation where the average cost of doing a contract is 100k and they decided to pay u 400k. Will u return maybe 150k and tell them its enough?

2 Likes

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 9:15am On Jun 14, 2020
bamvik:

haven't u seen a situation where the average cost of doing a contract is 100k and they decided to pay u 400k. Will u return maybe 150k and tell them its enough?

Every situation and person is different, that is why it makes sense to ask advice of this type from The Spirit of truth Himself.

Did you know that in the old testament, God made it a sin for anyone in israel to charge their fellow israelites interest or profit of any kind? Yes, the people flourished.

God is the one who decides what is sin and what is not. And since your question is a God question, you are best asking Him so He can better guide you.

And if you do not already have Him living inside of you, then it is all meaningless .

1 Like

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by bamvik(m): 9:19am On Jun 14, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

BEST RESPONSE
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by Adedotguy: 9:25am On Jun 14, 2020
shocked
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by obonujoker(m): 9:26am On Jun 14, 2020
Greed is not Christ like

1 Like

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by loadedvibes: 9:38am On Jun 14, 2020
Lol.. this post made me laugh and then I remembered ai have Kids Educational Tablets for sale.. please come and buy I guarantee I'm not making too much profit
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by Houseofglam7(f): 9:39am On Jun 14, 2020
undecided
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by SmartchildTutor: 9:39am On Jun 14, 2020
Amount charged far exceeds product/service offered = exploitation = greed = sin.
QED.

1 Like

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:40am On Jun 14, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by Finnese001: 9:40am On Jun 14, 2020
okay
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by mako007(m): 9:40am On Jun 14, 2020
Ask Apple.
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2020
I need answers too.Meanwhile sub your dstv and gotv and contact us for any issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die / Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. / Biafra: Anambra Church Declares 40-Day Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.