Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,187 members, 7,957,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:40 PM

RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? (531 Views)

According To Scriptures, RAPTURE Already Happened. Next Major Event Is Amageddon / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation / The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Blabbermouth: 8:46am On Jun 14, 2020
It's not a news that a lot of believers have different speculation, opinion and doctrine on how the end time events will happen. We have the;
1. Pre-tribulation rapture crew:- those that believe that the rapture of the saints will take place before the great tribulation.
2. Mid-tribulation rapture crew:- those that believe that the rapture of the saints will take place at the half time of the great tribulation (I.e. after 3 and a 1/2 year )
3. Post-tribulation rapture crew:- those that believe that the rapture of the saints will take place after the great tribulation.
Most times when we have conflicting doctrines on things of the scriptures, it is actually as a result of lack of scriptural evidences for some views or lack of scriptural understanding. So it doesn't matter the crew you belong to, make sure your answer with supporting scriptures.
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Blabbermouth: 9:00am On Jun 14, 2020
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by ObaKlaz: 9:10am On Jun 14, 2020
THE GREAT TRIBULATION COMES FIRST AND THE CHURCH OF CHRIST SHALL TASTE IT TILL THE VERY END OF IT.

The rapture of the saints shall take place AFTER the great tribulation. The Lord Jesus Christ Himself spoke unequivocally about this in the book of Mathew 24:29-31.

If the saints would be taken away before or during the tribulation, then why would 'the beast' need to FORCE anyone to receive his mark? (REV 13:7)

Any other school of thought such as the pre or mid tribulation rapture is nothing but a dangerous tactic of the devil to make the church of God unprepared for the tribulation, lose faith/patience during it and ultimately miss out on the coming of THE SON OF GOD.

1 Like

Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by obonujoker(m): 9:29am On Jun 14, 2020
Tribulation first.

The Lord Jesus Christ confirmed it in Matthew 24:29-31.

Anyother story is actually fake news.

However what's important, is that we make it to the very end through the help of the holy Spirit and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by obonujoker(m): 9:30am On Jun 14, 2020
ObaKlaz:
THE GREAT TRIBULATION COMES FIRST AND THE CHURCH OF CHRIST SHALL TASTE IT TILL THE VERY END OF IT.

The rapture of the saints shall take place AFTER the great tribulation. The Lord Jesus Christ Himself spoke unequivocally about this in the book of Mathew 24:29-31.

If the saints would be taken away before or during the tribulation, then why would 'the beast' need to FORCE anyone to receive his mark? (REV 13:7)

Any other school of thought such as the pre or mid tribulation rapture is nothing but a dangerous tactic of the devil to make the church of God unprepared for the tribulation, lose faith/patience during it and ultimately miss out on the coming of THE SON OF GOD.

God bless you sir... And it's immediately after the rapture, that's when the anger of God will be poured out on those who received the mark and succumbed to the devil lies.

Thanks again
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by ObaKlaz: 9:36am On Jun 14, 2020
obonujoker:

God bless you sir... And it's immediately after the rapture, that's when the anger of God will be poured out on those who received the mark and succumbed to the devil lies.

Thanks again
God bless and keep you till the end, sir.
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Liveair: 9:37am On Jun 14, 2020
No one. Its all scare-tales to keep you in check.
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Blabbermouth: 9:47am On Jun 14, 2020
escapethecage, solite3, Eulalia, petra1.... I know a lot of Christians that believe the rapture will take place before the tribulation. Sadly, I've not seen them drop Bible verses that connotes such.
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 14, 2020
Blabbermouth:
escapethecage, solite3, Eulalia, petra1.... I know a lot of Christians that believe the rapture will take place before the tribulation. Sadly, I've not seen them drop Bible verses that connotes such.

This question has been treated over and again and I posted some scriptures to back it up. Let me look for it and post it here again.

The tribulation is in two phases. Phase one is what the stevens ( apostles of old) passed through and what we the present generation are passing through right now and this will herald the rapture. Then the phase two, which is known as THE GREAT TRIBULATION" is what will take place after the rapture. in fact, the reason for the rapture is for the saints to escape the Great Triibulation.

Let me get the scriptures. Brb.
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:11am On Jun 14, 2020
It has already begun and you are seeing them all. The Seals have been opened

The Righteous have been marked (but I don't know if they have all been marked? But I think the marking is still going on for those who want God)

On the other hand, those who have chosen Death are also been marked for Death.

You see it all going around the world and you see it even here on nairaland.

Let him who hath an eye to see, let him see and let him who hath an ear to hear, let him hear.

I think we are in Sorrows now, we may not have yet entered into Trouble-lations (Tribulations). Matthew 24: 9-15.

Modified

It is A Great Error to be Calculating for Rapture, if you knew God, you would Surely know that IT WILL NEVER BE WHAT MAN IMAGINES, like no one in Israel knew how and in what form the Saviour shall come to them even though they had the Prophecy.

So it is even now, even though we have the Prophecy!

1 Like

Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 14, 2020
THE LAST DAYS OF HISTORY

THE TRIBULATION
This are events that will take place after the rapture, this will usher in the antichrist and will birth the GREAT TRIBULATION under the antichrist.
1. The faithfuls in Christ will be kept from this time of trail. Luke 21:36, John 14:1-3, 2Cor 5:2&4. Phil 3:20-21, 1Thess 1:10, 4:16-18, 5:8-10. Rev 3:10.
2. The Tribulation will begin after the restrainer have been taken out of the way. 2 Thessalonian 2:6-8
3. Will begin after the secret power of lawlessness intensifies 2 Thessalonian 2:7-8
4. Will begin after the great rebellion against the faith occurs 2 Thess 2:3
5. THE ANTICHRIST, THE MAN OF LAWLESSNESS WILL APPEAR Dan 9:26-27, 2 Thess 2:3-10, Rev 13:1-18, Rev 16:2, Rev 17:9-18, Rev 19:19-20.
6. The tribulation will begin with the opening of the seven seals Rev 6:1
7. The tribulations will last for a period of Seven (7) years. Dan 9:27
8. It will be a time of WORLDWIDE DISTRESS Mathew 24:21-22, Revelations chapter 6 to chapter 9
9. False prophets will perform great signs Rev 13:13, Rev 16:14, Rev 19:20
10. The gospel will be preached by the angels and possibly jews. Rev 7:1-14, Rev 11:3-6, Rev 14:6-7
11. People will be saved during this days Deut 4:30-31, Rev 7:9-17, Rev 14:6-7, Rev 11:13
12. Those who had opportunities to believe in Christ before the Rapture will have no further opportunity to repent Mathew 25:1-12, Luke 12:45-46, 2Thess 2:10-12.
... THE ANTICHRIST and THE GREAT TRIBULATION
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 14, 2020
Blabbermouth:

THE LAST DAYS OF HISTORY

THE TRIBULATION
This are events that will take place after the rapture, this will usher in the antichrist and will birth the GREAT TRIBULATION under the antichrist.
1. The faithfuls in Christ will be kept from this time of trail. Luke 21:36, John 14:1-3, 2Cor 5:2&4. Phil 3:20-21, 1Thess 1:10, 4:16-18, 5:8-10. Rev 3:10.
2. The Tribulation will begin after the restrainer have been taken out of the way. 2 Thessalonian 2:6-8
3. Will begin after the secret power of lawlessness intensifies 2 Thessalonian 2:7-8
5. THE ANTICHRIST, THE MAN OF LAWLESSNESS WILL APPEAR Dan 9:26-27, 2 Thess 2:3-10, Rev 13:1-18, Rev 16:2, Rev 17:9-18, Rev 19:19-20.
8. It will be a time of WORLDWIDE DISTRESS Mathew 24:21-22, Revelations chapter 6 to chapter 9
10. The gospel will be preached by the angels and possibly jews. Rev 7:1-14, Rev 11:3-6, Rev 14:6-7
11. People will be saved during this days Deut 4:30-31, Rev 7:9-17, Rev 14:6-7, Rev 11:13
12. Those who had opportunities to believe in Christ before the Rapture will have no further opportunity to repent Mathew 25:1-12, Luke 12:45-46, 2Thess 2:10-12.
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:36am On Jun 14, 2020
I now Amend my earlier statement.

After just looking at Mathew 24 with what is going on around us and what I have seen with my own eyes, I say that we are now in Mathew 24;42

What people call Rapture refers to Separation and I have seen the Separation. It is prominent all around us and even here on nairaland.
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:02am On Jun 14, 2020
Eulalia:

THE LAST DAYS OF HISTORY

THE TRIBULATION

Hi, again. Just to share with you my own knowledge.

I just went through your No.1)-Faithfuls in Christ and it is my view that 2 Corinthians 5:2/4 you cited is what everyone needs to Perfect to even make the kingdom of God with or without the coming of Judgement Day.

After the Perfection in 2 Corinthians 5, those of us here, now, during these Judgement Day Events, Get the Protection Giving By God as Provided in Luke 21:36.

In my view, John 14:1-3 is what shall happen after Judgement Day unto Only Those Who Overcame!
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Blabbermouth: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2020
Eulalia:

THE LAST DAYS OF HISTORY

THE TRIBULATION
@ObaKlaz gave a very definite scripture that connotes that the rapture will happen after the tribulation. How do you interpret Matt 24:29-31?
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Finallydead: 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hi Blabbermouth, please don't mind if I drop my little bit. Many times I've found that if Christians would look for the sense in each others' views, they'd be closer to reality than when they oppose each other. Obaklaz and Eulalia will be closer to right if they see each others' points. A balanced teacher must thoroughly dissect the word of truth, not taking one part and leaving out the other lest more harm than good is done.(2Tim2:15)
Here's an excerpt from a previous post on some of this that may help and you may ask for clarifications.
So many ideas fly around about the great tribulation most times neglecting what the Lord Himself said about as well as His messengers.
First, let us establish the fact that the great tribulation is different from the outpouring of the wrath of God(Mt24:29) which comes immediately after to rescue the saints and judge the antichrist regime. The word was coined from this passage from the Lord -
Matthew 24:21
[21]For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
And you only need to read the next verse to know who will be around at the time-
Matthew 24:22
[22]And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the sake of the chosen ones those days shall be shortened.
So yes, there will be the chosen ones on earth during the great tribulation.

Furthermore, the early church was taught what immediate signs to look out for preceding the Lord's coming
2 Thessalonians 2:1
[1]Now we beg you, brethren, over the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together unto him,
Take note now:
2 Thessalonians 2:3
[3]Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come an apostasy first, and the man of sin(antichrist) be revealed, the son of perdition;
So yes, again all believers were taught to expect to be present when the AC shows up and that must first be before the Lord's coming. They were taught by Paul himself to expect this first not the rapture as the next immediate event. So the rapture must come only after this

And how does this all fit together?
Some believers who pay the price and finish the full course of their race on time will overcome death, not having to die(1Cor15:51-57) and be caught up(raptured) to reign with Christ in the heavenlies having displaced Satan and His regime from there(1Thes4:17, Eph6:12). This will be in the middle of the AC's 7year revelation to the world, i.e. 3 and half yrs after the AC is revealed and just before He takes over the whole world to rule for 3 and half years.
The believers who don't finish early will meet with the takeover of the world by the AC in the middle of His seven year revelation and endure for the remaining 3 and 1/2 yrs the great oppression (tribulation) of the AC.
Those who will be raptured will not be caught unawares by the event but will be fully abreast of its hour because they will be dwelling in light as sons of the light while believers who will be caught unawares will be left behind because they walk in darkness not knowing what God is doing and not one with Him.(1Thes5:1-6). So if now, you don't hear God clearly, you should be thinking of missing the rapture already.

PS. Again it's more important to develop your spirituality to the utmost each day as if it's your last regardless of when exactly or how the Lord's coming is. If you cannot attain to the perfect standard of God today, do you risk thinking you will under the antichrist.
So after all this, let us seek the knowledge that appropriates the finished works of Christ in our lives and makes it our physical reality.

1 Like

Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
ObaKlaz:

You really hit the point. I don't know what is unclear to people in the passage below (Matt 24:29-31):

24:29 Immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
obonujoker:

Thanks again

Many people confuse the great tribulation with the pouring out of God's wrath.
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by obonujoker(m): 12:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Many people confuse the great tribulation with the pouring out of God's wrath.

YES. that's true
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
Eulalia:

This question has been treated over and again and I posted some scriptures to back it up. Let me look for it and post it here again.

The tribulation is in two phases. Phase one is what the stevens ( apostles of old) passed through and what we the present generation are passing through right now and this will herald the rapture. Then the phase two, which is known as THE GREAT TRIBULATION" is what will take place after the rapture. in fact, the reason for the rapture is for the saints to escape the Great Triibulation.

Let me get the scriptures. Brb.

Matthew: 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Sorry pls which other great tribulation are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Blabbermouth:

@ObaKlaz gave a very definite scripture that connotes that the rapture will happen after the tribulation. How do you interpret Matt 24:29-31?

Please read my reply again. This verse is referring to the first phase of tribulation which like I said herald the rapture.

Do you not know that all that has been happening now is tribulations or what so you think tribulation means? The current pandemic that put the whole world on stand still is what? Isn't that alone a tribulation? Coupled with the terrorism, civil unrest and natural disaster claiming lives and properties every now and then? and we the saints are still present. So that is what matt 24:29 is talking about after which we will be raptured.

The great tribulation will take place with the advent of Antichrist And its activities.
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Jokerman(m): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Eulalia:

Please read my reply again. This verse is referring to the first phase of tribulation which like I said herald the rapture.

Do you not know that all that has been happening now is tribulations or what so you think tribulation means? The current pandemic that put the whole world on stand still is what? Isn't that alone a tribulation? Coupled with the terrorism, civil unrest and natural disaster claiming lives and properties every now and then? and we the saints are still present. So that is what matt 24:29 is talking about after which we will be raptured.

The great tribulation will take place with the advent of Antichrist And its activities.

That means there are two great tribulations then??

Because this is the tribulation the Lord Jesus was talking about.... Matthew 24:21: 'For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Behold, Revelation 16:9- "And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God,..."
LordReed:

It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by LordReed(m): 2:02pm
Right from Genesis all the way to Revelation the bible god seems to have no qualms with deception, using it himself on occasion.

Start with him telling Adam and Eve that they will die the day they eat a certain fruit, which of course didn't happen. His favoured servants Abraham, Isaac and Jacob all employed deception and not a peep from god condemning they actions. The progenitor of Jesus' lineage is born by means of deception to Judah and again god says nothing. He blesses the midwives who deceived Pharaoh and says nothing. David another of his favoured servants is said to have employed deception on more than one occasion and the only occasion god speaks up who gets the punishment? An new born baby. God goes ahead to deceive a king to his death.

In the new testament Jesus commends a servant for his deception and god is supposed to send a strong delusion to cause people to be deceived.

Isn't it clear that the bible god has no problem with deception?

Has the blasphemies not already begun?
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by LordReed(m): 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Behold, Revelation 16:9- "And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God,..."

Has the blasphemies not already begun?

LMFAO!
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by ObaKlaz: 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
The book of Mathew chapter 24 is the most lucid scripture to recourse to when this issue is raised. Other scriptures contain sealed, cryptic mysteries. Literary devices such as metaphor and synecdoche are used copiously in others such as the book of Revelation and the prophecies of Daniel. Here in Mathew 24, Jesus speaks plainly - no parables, as He is accustomed to.

What the world sees now IS NOT THE TRIBULATION. They are just "the beginning of sorrows" Mathew 24: 8. The great tribulation has not come at all.

The great tribulation is A TARGETED ATTACK BY 'THE BEAST' WHEN HE SHALL BE REVEALED, AGAINST THE SAINTS AND EVERYONE WHO KEEPS FAITH IN THE ONE TRUE GOD, AND TESTIMONY IN HIS SON, JESUS (Rev. 13:7).

You see, 'THE BEAST' knows those he is on a mission against (the saints) even before he is revealed, and he will go after them with unimaginable fury and without any pretense. IT IS A GLOBAL ONSLAUGHT AGAINST ANYONE STANDING FOR GOD AND FAITH IN JESUS.

Jesus sort of gave us an inkling of this when he prayed FOR HIS OWN AND NOT FOR THE WORLD, that none be lost, except the son(s) of perdition (John 17:12).
Re: RAPTURE OR TRIBULATION- Which Of These End Time Event Is Happening First? by petra1(m): 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2020
Blabbermouth:

I will revert shortly

(1) (Reply)

A Story Of Anger / Man Caught On Camera Praying To The 'gods' During Endsars Protest / Pray Against Namdi kanu Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.