Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming (2896 Views)

Tomatoes Farming / Learning Tomatoes Farming In Nigeria / How To Start Tomatoes Farming Business In Nigeria View Plan So Many People Don’t (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 10:09am On Jun 14, 2020
Maximizing Profit In Tomatoes Farming.

A single seed of Tomato in a Greenhouse can yield upto eight to ten kgs(with good management) Typical examples are Roma and UC amongst others, this is currently in greenhouses in Nigeria.

A single plant yields an average of eight Clusters, each cluster having an average of ten plus fruits and each fruit with an average weight of one hundred and fifty to two hundred and ten grams that means you will get fourteen.four kgs per single seed planted.

For definitely every thousand successful seeds you definitely get almost one thousand four hundred and fourth kgd or fourteen.four tons however it will certainly drop due to increase in population and other factors.

A Quick Calculation.

The average price for tomatoes is three hundred naira/kg multiplied by the output per plant, which then means on every plant you are harvesting four thousand three hundred and twenty naira And for thousand plants you then get a Gross income of +four.three million naira

Hence there are other cost in running the farm, ranging from water to fertilizer, which doesn't cost more than than a million excluding cost of greenhouse, but input will be low due to its a greenhouse for a thousand plants.

In greenhouse you can fully utilize the genetic potential of your seed.

Get in touch let's tap in profit in tomatoes farming,
Call zero eight one three four seven zero zero seven zero five (WhatsApp enabled)
Follow @cheapmarketdeal on Facebook, Google and Instagram
Visit https://g.page/cheapmarketdeal

Please report subjected to constructive criticism, as it a conclusion of my personal studies in Plateau, Kano, Kaduna , Lagos. Using over ten veriety of tomatoes
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by mirabel9(f): 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
Very nice write up op,
but please can you tell me the best hybrid tomato seeds you have used that gave you the highest yeild and is also immune to diseases?

Whats the name and how can i get it.
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
mirabel9:
Very nice write up op,
but please can you tell me the best hybrid tomato seeds you have used that gave you the highest yeild and is also immune to diseases?

Whats the name and how can i get it.

You can find them in the market, popularly know as tomatoes Jos and Dericka all from Kano and Jos. If you can't find them I will hook you up with the sellers
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by ideepaul: 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

Maximizing Profit In Tomatoes Farming.

A single seed of Tomato in a Greenhouse can yield upto eight to ten kgs(with good management) Typical examples are Roma and UC amongst others, this is currently in greenhouses in Nigeria.

A single plant yields an average of eight Clusters, each cluster having an average of ten plus fruits and each fruit with an average weight of one hundred and fifty to two hundred and ten grams that means you will get fourteen.four kgs per single seed planted.

For definitely every thousand successful seeds you definitely get almost one thousand four hundred and fourth kgd or fourteen.four tons however it will certainly drop due to increase in population and other factors.

A Quick Calculation.

The average price for tomatoes is three hundred naira/kg multiplied by the output per plant, which then means on every plant you are harvesting four thousand three hundred and twenty naira And for thousand plants you then get a Gross income of +four.three million naira

Hence there are other cost in running the farm, ranging from water to fertilizer, which doesn't cost more than than a million excluding cost of greenhouse, but input will be low due to its a greenhouse for a thousand plants.

In greenhouse you can fully utilize the genetic potential of your seed.

Get in touch let's tap in profit in tomatoes farming,
Call zero eight one three four seven zero zero seven zero five (WhatsApp enabled)
Follow @cheapmarketdeal on Facebook, Google and Instagram
Visit https://g.page/cheapmarketdeal

Please report subjected to constructive criticism, as it a conclusion of my personal studies in Plateau, Kano, Kaduna , Lagos. Using over ten veriety of tomatoes
Theories! Theories!! Theories!!!
Did you tell them about the costs of seeds/seedlings or are they going to use the determinate hybrid seeds to hit this dream amount?, irrigation, construction/maintenance of the greenhouse/nethouses due to damages, the cost of acquiring UV treated cover for the greenhouse nko?
Are they using cheap NPK like the open field farmers?
You never told them how to structure their business so they can sell per kg, when disaster strikes like it does, that their million naira investment is off. You did not tell them why we have so many abandoned greenhouses in this country, just the millions they will make. How many of this greenhouses/nethouses have you installed and run successfully?

Oga mbok leave story, show working

7 Likes

Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by ideepaul: 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

You can find them in the market, popularly know as tomatoes Jos and Dericka all from Kano and Jos. If you can't find them I will hook you up with the sellers
So hybrid seeds should be extracted from ripe fruits? Is that what you are impling here? Tomato Jos and dericka grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
ideepaul:

Theories! Theories!! Theories!!!
Did you tell them about the costs of seeds/seedlings or are they going to use the determinate hybrid seeds to hit this dream amount?, irrigation, construction/maintenance of the greenhouse/nethouses due to damages, the cost of acquiring UV treated cover for the greenhouse nko?
Are they using cheap NPK like the open field farmers?
You never told them how to structure their business so they can sell per kg, when disaster strikes like it does, that their million naira investment is off. You did not tell them why we have so many abandoned greenhouses in this country, just the millions they will make. How many of this greenhouses/nethouses have you installed and run successfully?

Oga mbok leave story, show working

am sure you didn't read the part where it says that it's a personal study, the same reason I stopped publishing my finding in agriculture, they are to guild you, of course you are to factor in stuffs like construction etc, I didn't say you are to be a millionaire overnights, beside you will factor stuffs like cost of movement, spoliage etc and you don't expect me to publish a finding of 6months, and several failures and success in a space of twenty lines, ask me what did I do to arrive at the result not telling me other wise bro.
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
ideepaul:

So hybrid seeds should be extracted from ripe fruits? Is that what you are impling here? Tomato Jos and dericka grin grin grin
no..... I said market, that implies any agric shop that sells seeds, don't know for you, but most seeds shops are located close to a market or mini market in Plateau state. And besides I just told you what other people not from Plateau state call the veriety to make easy for you
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by ideepaul: 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
no..... I said market, that implies any agric shop that sells seeds, don't know for you, but most seeds shops are located close to a market or mini market in Plateau state. And besides I just told you what other people not from Plateau state call the veriety to make easy for you
He/She asked the brands you have cultivated successfully so far, not one yeye dericka or tomato jos opv tomato!
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
ideepaul:

He/She asked the brands you have cultivated successfully so far, not one yeye dericka or tomato jos opv tomato!
Bro I said it in the article na.... UC and Roma, then I told you the local name that it is known with Derica and Tomato Jos, if you derail me again I will just ignore you.... If you have failed in farming don't pass the vexation to my thrend abeg...

1 Like

Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by ideepaul: 9:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

Bro I said it in the article na.... UC and Roma, then I told you the local name that it is known with Derica and Tomato Jos, if you derail me again I will just ignore you.... If you have failed in farming don't pass the vexation to my thrend abeg...
UC and Roma are not hybrids but opv boss! Me failed in farming? grin grin grin grin...I am just getting started Sir.
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
ideepaul:

UC and Roma are not hybrids but opv boss! Me failed in farming? grin grin grin grin...I am just getting started Sir.

no dey confuse your self Bros! She asked which veriety of seeds I used, that's was what I used in my study sir. Though am carrying out another using Abuja, Kano and Enugu and Delta for a case study using some seeds I got from Zambia
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by mirabel9(f): 9:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

please i really need to get this,
where exactly can i get it?
Gladly Do hook me up on this
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 8:34am On Jun 15, 2020
mirabel9:

please i really need to get this,
where exactly can i get it?
Gladly Do hook me up on this
Tried your number saying switched off..... Get in touch via my contact in the post
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by mirabel9(f): 9:21am On Jun 15, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

but all this are the local variety of tomatoes or are they really hybrid seeds?
please how much range can i really get to cover just a plot for a start?
How many seeds per average can be gotten in a pack or is it just measured out in milk cups and be sold?
thanks
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 9:26am On Jun 15, 2020
mirabel9:

but all this are the local variety of tomatoes or are they really hybrid seeds?
please how much range can i really get to cover just a plot for a start?
How many seeds per average can be gotten in a pack or is it just measured out in milk cups and be sold?
thanks
They aren't local veriaty ma. You know you don't calculate (to me), from sees, because not all seeds germinate, so if I tell you hundred grams will work(which is more than enough), but depending on your seeding experience, and finally it comes in hundred grams tin, which is over five thousand seeds (I haven't sat down to count the seeds as they are quite small).
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by mirabel9(f): 9:29am On Jun 15, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
They aren't local veriaty ma. You know you don't calculate (to me), from sees, because not all seeds germinate, so if I tell you hundred grams will work(which is more than enough), but depending on your seeding experience, and finally it comes in hundred grams tin, which is over five thousand seeds (I haven't sat down to count the seeds as they are quite small).

but i hope the tomatoes when fully grown are quite bigger in terms of size,

ok so how much will the 100grams cost?
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 9:31am On Jun 15, 2020
mirabel9:

but i hope the tomatoes when fully grown are quite bigger in terms of size,

ok so how much will the 100grams cost?
I just told you the local name of the tomatoes I used for the study ma so you will know what am referring to. The size is it ma. You can contact the number there for further enquires
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by mirabel9(f): 9:36am On Jun 15, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

I just told you the local name of the tomatoes I used for the study ma so you will know what am referring to. The size is it ma. You can contact the number there for further enquires

ok i will do that sweety,

but i hope they offer me discounts because the local variety we planted last year were of smaller fruits,
although in a small space in our backyard in containers and pots

please help me with the numbers to call, i cant seem to find them there

thanks
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 9:45am On Jun 15, 2020
mirabel9:

ok i will do that sweety,

but i hope they offer me discounts because the local variety we planted last year were of smaller fruits,
although in a small space in our backyard in containers and pots

please help me with the numbers to call, i cant seem to find them there

thanks
zero eight one three four seven zero zero seven zero five
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by jidestroud(m): 9:50am On Jun 15, 2020
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by mirabel9(f): 10:02am On Jun 15, 2020
jidestroud:
Hmmm, interesting thread. I will be in here for a while. wink

i just needed to try my hands on new tomato seeds to see the difference instead of just buying the regular once that we used to from all this market women selling foodstuffs,
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by mirabel9(f): 10:10am On Jun 15, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

zero eight one three four seven zero zero seven zero five

op thanks for ur time,
i really appreciate
but please i just read up there about determinate and not been determinate,
the thing is i dont want a situation whereby the seeds after been planted reaches maturity period but refused to produce tomato fruits,
we experienced this so many times in our tomato growing jorney and it seems to deter us from even growing it more,
thats why i have been looking for ways to get hybrid seeds,
or am i mistanken on this that the tomatoes will grow well and produce fruits?
Thanks
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 10:13am On Jun 15, 2020
mirabel9:

op thanks for ur time,
i really appreciate
but please i just read up there about determinate and not been determinate,
the thing is i dont want a situation whereby the seeds after been planted reaches maturity period but refused to produce tomato fruits,
we experienced this so many times in our tomato growing jorney and it seems to deter us from even growing it more,
thats why i have been looking for ways to get hybrid seeds,
or am i mistanken on this that the tomatoes will grow well and produce fruits?
Thanks

As for your tomatoes not fruiting there may be several factors, but the veriety am talking about is a determinate, but when grown in a green house exhibit the characteristics of an inderminate, as I said earlier, I can't write six months experience in just twenty lines
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by mirabel9(f): 10:17am On Jun 15, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

As for your tomatoes not fruiting there may be several factors, but the veriety am talking about is a determinate, but when grown in a green house exhibit the characteristics of an inderminate, as I said earlier, I can't write six months experience in just twenty lines

ok but please whats the meaning of this determinate and indeterminate?
I dont seem to get them clearly when it comes to this
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by jidestroud(m): 10:20am On Jun 15, 2020
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 10:23am On Jun 15, 2020
mirabel9:

ok but please whats the meaning of this determinate and indeterminate?
I dont seem to get them clearly when it comes to this
in my own little knowledge, (masters in the house), determinate as the name implies is a veriety that it's life span could be predicted, from planting to flowering, these are the veriety that we plants and they say within three to four months, while the other hands indeterminate you cannot predict it, the life span maybe from five months or six months, once did a project in Bauchi state with indeterminate veriety "Listra F One, we where harvesting, but during the second months herds men struck so we ran for our life.... Since then I haven't gotten that veriety again.
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by mirabel9(f): 10:28am On Jun 15, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
in my own little knowledge, (masters in the house), determinate as the name implies is a veriety that it's life span could be predicted, from planting to flowering, these are the veriety that we plants and they say within three to four months, while the other hands indeterminate you cannot predict it, the life span maybe from five months or six months, once did a project in Bauchi state with indeterminate veriety "Listra F One, we where harvesting, but during the second months herds men struck so we ran for our life.... Since then I haven't gotten that veriety again.

op it seems you have really gone far on this tomato growing journey.

I tought the determinate and the indeterminate is whereby usefull insects helps to pollinate them, while the other wont need any insect polination for it to produce tomatoes,
op is this true in anyway?
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by mirabel9(f): 10:32am On Jun 15, 2020
jidestroud:

Well, if I am to contribute, seed selection in tomato farming is just a start. Success is tomato is basically a function of the following;

1. Knowing when to plant
2. Tomato land preparation practices
3. Basal application of organic manure (I am pro organic)
4. Recommended spacing for your chosen variety. (Whether hybrid or opv)
5. Irrigation
6. Weed management
7. Use of safe/effective pesticides/fungicides
8. Staking methods depending on tomato type grown .
9. And harvesting...

For me, any variety works just fine.

@op the above mentioned varieties ain't hybrids.

thank you very much sir,
it seems you have done tomato farming before and you seem to know it all

but i just plan on growing them in containers and buckets added with manure inside the bags,
i hope this will work out well
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 10:35am On Jun 15, 2020
I just got this signal from my study place in Enugu, they sent it yesterday, from our tomatoes and other crop projects

Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 10:37am On Jun 15, 2020
jidestroud:

Well, if I am to contribute, seed selection in tomato farming is just a start. Success is tomato is basically a function of the following;

1. Knowing when to plant
2. Tomato land preparation practices
3. Basal application of organic manure (I am pro organic)
4. Recommended spacing for your chosen variety. (Whether hybrid or opv)
5. Irrigation
6. Weed management
7. Use of safe/effective pesticides/fungicides
8. Staking methods depending on tomato type grown .
9. And harvesting...

For me, any variety works just fine.

@op the above mentioned varieties ain't hybrids.
of course sir. why I haven't mentioned that is I like taking one step at a time, let her get done with veriety and species then we begin to seeding method and fertilization
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by mirabel9(f): 10:40am On Jun 15, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
I just got this signal from my study place in Enugu, they sent it yesterday, from our tomatoes and other crop projects

op is it the same jos tomato you recomended for me to buy?
Re: My Study In Tomatoes Farming: Maximizing Profits In Tomatoes Farming by Onlinefarmstore: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2020
mirabel9:

op is it the same jos tomato you recomended for me to buy?

Yes.. But this one is Roma not UC you know it takes funding for this projects and we are doing five different crops at once. no be small money ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Broiler Business Is Bad Business / Some Strange Trees You Got To See (pictures) / Darina Seminis Seeds Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.