Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,661 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

What To Do In My Confused State! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What To Do In My Confused State! (381 Views)

I'm Confused. / I'm Confused About Jesus :-[ / Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do In My Confused State! by Naijaman672: 10:33am On Jun 14, 2020
Good Sunday Morning Nairalanders.

I will just go straight to the point by talking about the points instead of my whole story which is meant for series (lol)
I was born in a Christian family. Though my maternal parents family were Muslims (not very religious) my paternal were devoted Christians. Lived with my uncle (who’s a deacon, his wife also a deaconess), for a while growing up. They maltreated me and my siblings so much that I started questioning what they believed in, add to my dad’s way during the church service and after church service that I started having so much doubt about Christianity.
Many years later. I started learning about God my own way. I remember there was a time I fasted for 3 days for a breakthrough and honestly I can attest that my prayer was answered. I went to church on the 31st December 2010 and prayed to God that I wanted my own apartment in the following year. To my surprise I got a 3 bedroom apartment February the following year. Many things happened, got introduced to all sorts by friends and I started loosing touch with my faith.
(I am a Virgo so I kind of scrutinize everything being a perfectionist). Fast forward couple years back; I started going to church again somehow the junior pastor whom was also a friend wanted me to start dating the secretary of the church because I donate to the church a lot (I was into yahoo and I was driving a big car, both the senior pastor and the junior never asked what I did for a living though I assumed they knew) but they respected me a lot in the church above many people I met in the church (I didn’t even attend this church for 3 months all together) Everything was good, I didn’t care what happened in the church or what any of the elders think though I was a part of the elders and I was barely 25 at the time. It’s a big church (A new age church) Then the event of the junior pastor asking me to start screwing the secretary whom was couple years older than me happened. That was the moment I got fed up with church. Now I have stopped scamming, I stop making money from it. Every single part of me believe so much in God but not Christianity I don’t know if that even make any sense, because I stumbled on a book by Thomas Paine called “Age Of Reason”.
Now why am I writing all these?
I’m at a point in my life that I am so confused, I feel like nothing is working for me and everything in me keep telling me to mend my relationship with God but I stop believing in Christianity and the Bible. I know God answers prayers. I am convinced that my encounter with God and the miracle I experienced weren’t just coincidence. But it seems these days God doesn’t listen to me and I think it has everything to do with my faith.
I don’t know if anything I wrote make sense but
In a nutshell; For strong believers whom know God. How do I find my way back to God and build my faith back? I didn’t write this to get to front page but to help my life back on track.
Thanks for the good contributions in advance.
Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:13am On Jun 14, 2020
It's time for you to take responsibility for your life.
Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by Missyajoke(f): 11:52am On Jun 14, 2020
Naijaman672:

I will just go straight to the point by talking about the points instead of my whole story which is meant for series (lol)
I was born in a Christian family. Though my maternal parents family were Muslims (not very religious) my paternal were devoted Christians. Lived with my uncle (who’s a deacon, his wife also a deaconess), for a while growing up. They maltreated me and my siblings so much that I started questioning what they believed in, add to my dad’s way during the church service and after church service that I started having so much doubt about Christianity.
Many years later. I started learning about God my own way. I remember there was a time I fasted for 3 days for a breakthrough and honestly I can attest that my prayer was answered. I went to church on the 31st December 2010 and prayed to God that I wanted my own apartment in the following year. To my surprise I got a 3 bedroom apartment February the following year. Many things happened, got introduced to all sorts by friends and I started loosing touch with my faith.
(I am a Virgo so I kind of scrutinize everything being a perfectionist). Fast forward couple years back; I started going to church again somehow the junior pastor whom was also a friend wanted me to start dating the secretary of the church because I donate to the church a lot (I was into yahoo and I was driving a big car, both the senior pastor and the junior never asked what I did for a living though I assumed they knew) but they respected me a lot in the church above many people I met in the church (I didn’t even attend this church for 3 months all together) Everything was good, I didn’t care what happened in the church or what any of the elders think though I was a part of the elders and I was barely 25 at the time. It’s a big church (A new age church) Then the event of the junior pastor asking me to start screwing the secretary whom was couple years older than me happened. That was the moment I got fed up with church. Now I have stopped scamming, I stop making money from it. Every single part of me believe so much in God but not Christianity I don’t know if that even make any sense, because I stumbled on a book by Thomas Paine called “Age Of Reason”.
I’m at a point in my life that I am so confused, I feel like nothing is working for me and everything in me keep telling me to mend my relationship with God but I stop believing in Christianity and the Bible. I know God answers prayers. I am convinced that my encounter with God and the miracle I experienced weren’t just coincidence. But it seems these days God doesn’t listen to me and I think it has everything to do with my faith.
In a nutshell; For strong believers whom know God. How do I find my way back to God and build my faith back? I didn’t write this to get to front page but to help my life back on track.

See don't be discouraged from Serving God see ehn the Junior pastor and both the secretary are church goers not Believers . Don't be discouraged from worshipping. There some things you'll ignore in the church of God. Remember you'll give account of your works on the Judgement day. The thing is that what you've pass through has discouraged from going to Church asked God to heal you emotionally. God isn't bias once you'll appear to the throne of Grace with sincerity God will answer you. Go back to church don't let anyone discourage you from going.

My own tiny quota
Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by kingxsamz(m): 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
You got a house because you prayed? undecided
What of those who don't believe and still got houses?
Dump these fairy tales, focus on your life and watch it turn around.
There is no god anywhere waiting to answer your prayers. Take back your life and free yourself from mental slavery.
Start working with the ambition or goal to achieve. Stop depending on some imaginary being to do it all for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by Naijaman672: 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
Missyajoke:

See don't be discouraged from Serving God see ehn the Junior pastor and both the secretary are church goers not Believers . Don't be discouraged from worshipping. There some things you'll ignore in the church of God. Remember you'll give account of your works on the Judgement day. The thing is that what you've pass through has discouraged from going to Church asked God to heal you emotionally. God isn't bias once you'll appear to the throne of Grace with sincerity God will answer you. Go back to church don't let anyone discourage you from going.

My own tiny quota

Thank you @Missyajoke
I try. It sounds crazy but my heart strays. I once asked a Jehovah witness how to be devoted but he was outright condemning and judging me. How does a person constantly believe, I mean practically live a devoted life. Sometimes I find myself arguing against religion because of many book I have read, it seem I’m too woke up to believe in something that’s not comprehensible, like have you read any book like a “Age Of Reason”? It literally broke down many books in the Bible and the author so trust me when I say I don’t believe that God created all human only to focus love on the Israelites. So I think Judaism isn’t much different from Ifa religion. I’ve read about the two and I can say they are respectfully the Jews and Yorubas ancestral religion passed to the coming generation but again if you read that book you will understand that there’s a God like the Bible have said that’s way bigger than what the Bible have written about HIM. Now with my experience I know prayers work. I’ve always said that every time I pray in the morning I usually have a good day.
How do I connect with this God? What do I go through? Should I look into the perfection and not correlated part of the Bible?
I don’t think I should ask a Christian this question.
Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by Naijaman672: 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
kingxsamz:
There is no god anywhere waiting to answer your prayers. Take back your life and free yourself from mental slavery.
Start working with the ambition or goal to achieve. Stop depending on some imaginary being to do it all for you.
No sir. You don’t really understand what I wrote. I’m very clear about where I am going in life and am actively pursuing it. I stop scamming to face other things in life. I’m talking now about my spiritual life. About my faith. There’s a book called “the power of the subconscious mind” you should read it. I’m convinced that there’s a God and I want to serve him but I have a problem with religious books because of how much I know. The things have read.
I know that this world didn’t come by accident like the scientist and astronauts will make us believe. Our cells, our brain, season, time, plants, fire, water, the earth, the sun, the moon. These things work together too solid to have happened by accident.
There are many things I have prayed about it’s hard to discuss them here. I’m more comfortable talking about the scamming days because I was able to outgrow it. I met a guy that’s a lot younger than me, a Muslim. He attended the Islamic school but not a cleric just a normal street boy. But we do share knowledge, he made me read the Quran but I didn’t believe in it but because of the things I know but that boy changed my life. He went from being a cultist to being a fashion designer. And it has nothing to do with religion, just self realization and determination. That may not mean a lot to you but to me it’s a miracle because of how much I know about him. This a faceless forum I don’t have to defend anything.
But there are many people like me that are between atheism and religious and want to chose. That’s where I’m at but I just want to mention some important time in the past that confused me the more.

1 Like

Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by Missyajoke(f): 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Naijaman672:

Thank you @Missyajoke
I try. It sounds crazy but my heart strays. I once asked a Jehovah witness how to be devoted but he was outright condemning and judging me. How does a person constantly believe, I mean practically live a devoted life. Sometimes I find myself arguing against religion because of many book I have read, it seem I’m too woke up to believe in something that’s not comprehensible, like have you read any book like a “Age Of Reason”? It literally broke down many books in the Bible and the author so trust me when I say I don’t believe that God created all human only to focus love on the Israelites. So I think Judaism isn’t much different from Ifa religion. I’ve read about the two and I can say they are respectfully the Jews and Yorubas ancestral religion passed to the coming generation but again if you read that book you will understand that there’s a God like the Bible have said that’s way bigger than what the Bible have written about HIM. Now with my experience I know prayers work. I’ve always said that every time I pray in the morning I usually have a good day.
How do I connect with this God? What do I go through? Should I look into the perfection and not correlated part of the Bible?
I don’t think I should ask a Christian this question.

1. Have not read the books mentioned above
2. Give your life to Christ and start reading your bible.
3. If you have any habits that attracts you to sin forgo it.
4. You need someone to mentor you in the Word of God
5. Get Good Christian books to read not all these books about religion it'll only confuse you the more.
Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by Juliusmomoh: 2:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
kingxsamz:
May the anger of the lord fall on u for saying that
Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by LordReed(m): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Naijaman672:

I know that this world didn’t come by accident like the scientist and astronauts will make us believe. Our cells, our brain, season, time, plants, fire, water, the earth, the sun, the moon. These things work together too solid to have happened by accident.

Which scientist or astronaut said this universe came about by accident?
Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by kingxsamz(m): 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

May the anger of the lord fall on u for saying that

He should direct his anger to Boko haram terrorists slaughtering Christians and innocent folks in the north.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by Dtruthspeaker: 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Naijaman672:
Cut!
But it seems these days God doesn’t listen to me and I think it has everything to do with my faith.

It is unfortunate that you are born into this world in these days for it is written "Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me". John 14:30

So almost no one is hearing from God, these days because it is written, "God hath spoken once: Psalm 62:11

So what are we to do today?

Look to the Spoken Words (the Bible) they Speak, Re-Sounding the Messages that bring Life and Health and Prosperity!
Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by JourneytoEL(f): 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
Naijaman672:

Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by JourneytoEL(f): 11:55am On Jun 15, 2020
Naijaman672:

Despite all the negatives you witnessed, you are still interested in knowing God. I really do commend you for that and I believe God has serious plans for you that is why you are restless. I was in your shoes early this year, so I will share what worked for me. First, pray to God that you want to develop a deep relationship with him and he should guide your path. Next look for a bible believing church that preaches holiness and the work of the Holy Spirit (genuine prophecy, healing and deliverance). God led me to a very small ministry close to my house and it has been building me up spiritually. They don't have any branch but based on my research I will advise you to try the following: Dunamis, Overcomers, Deeper Life, Mountain of Fire. Also, I will advise you not to get too close with those in charge of your church, attimes getting too close to them can make you see their flaws and lose faith as a Baby Christian, unless the Holy Spirit directs you to be close to them.
You need to understand one thing right now, God is always happy when someone seeks his face. The way you looking for him is the same way he is fighting his way to your heart. I will also advise you to download the following with immediate effect. Do a Google search for "naija sermons Apostle Joshua Selman messages on growing spiritually". you can also download those on the Holy Spirit and revival. download Paul Enenche's messages on the same topics too.
Download the following books: Kenneth Hagin- triumphant church, growing up in the spiritual, anointing of the Holy Spirit, How to pray and as many as you can read.
I will also advise you to read mysterious secrets of the dark kingdom (the battle for planet earth) by J.P Timmons. It will give you an idea of how the battle for souls look like. When I read this book I was scared of sleeping in the dark for some days sha grin but it helped me know when the devil is at work.
Most importantly, read your bible every day and pray like twice a day. You can also recite psalms 3, 16,20, 35,51,91,121 according to your schedule. I will also advise you to stick with a daily devotional, personally I use Our daily manna. And, very importantly, download lots and lots of gospel songs and praises on your phone. Try to play them as often as possible. They help in lifting your soul. Last but not the least, try to preach to others. You don't need to go to the streets, you can start with WhatsApp messages and status, from there FB or IG or YouTube or even nairaland. The more you preach, the more the Spirit of God will fill you. May you succeed in your quest. Amen.

1 Like

Re: What To Do In My Confused State! by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
@OP, the key to the heart of God is obedience to His commandments.

God desires that we make Him number one in our lives, and how, you may ask? By redirecting our focus to Him and Him alone, obeying Him in every aspect of our lives.

What commandments? His new covenant commandments.
Where are they found? In the gospels - beginning from Matthew 5, up until the statement "it is finished."
How do you know that God will help you as you embark on doing exactly what He asked of you? [/b]Trust God.
[b]When to begin?
Right now!
Anything else? Become like a child in your understanding. Discard everything you have ever been told about God and the things of God and let God write His story anew in you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors / Blasphemy: CAN Finally Reacts To Death Sentence On Kano Singer / What Is The Mark Of The Beast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.