Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community (1164 Views)

"I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / You Are Inside A Woman's Private Part - Female Pastor Tells Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Gjrich(m): 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
One-third of her congregation are part of the LGBT community - lesbians, gay, bisexuals and transgenders.

The tattooed female Pastor- Bolz- Weber is known for her unusual approach to reaching others through her church. Heavily tattooed, her work in the church is considered part of a new reformation by scholar and writer Diana Butler Bass.

From the much people know about her, it's stated that she grew up in Colorado Springs with a fundamentalist Christian family.

In 1986, at age 17, Bolz- Weber started getting tattoos, and the ones on her arms mark the liturgical year and story of the Gospel. She briefly attended Pepperdine University before dropping out and moving to Denver. According to her, she says that she became an alcoholic and drug abuser and often felt like one of society's outsiders.

By 1991, Bolz-Weber became sober and, as of 2020, has remained so for twenty eight years. Prior to her ordination, she was a stand-up comedian and worked in the restaurant industry.

Her church (House for All Sinners and Saints) is for welcoming people with drug addiction, depression and even those who are not believers of her faith.

It's important to note that one-third of her congregation are part of the LGBT community ie lesbians, gay, bisexuals and transgenders. Bolz-Weber spends nearly twenty hours each week writing her weekly ten-minute sermon.

What are your thoughts on this ?

please remember to drop your comments in the comment section.

Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Betakeshi: 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
ok
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Enoch07: 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
lol comments go funny, abeg make I pack here first

Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nice. Christianity embraces all. No segregation.

1 Like

Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by HITsquad: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nice, as much as I don't feel comfortable with LGBT, I still think they deserve better... It's not their fault, people don't learn or choose to be gay, it's a natural phenomenon.

This is the difference between Christianity and Islam... "The ability to evolve"

1 Like

Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by phelonrays: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Jesus Loves them
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by JustBeingFrank(m): 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
God is indeed merciful.
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by allthingsgood: 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
I love her
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by allthingsgood: 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
phelonrays:
Jesus Loves them

Including u
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Righteousness89(m): 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
JESUS CHRIST died For all!

JESUS CHRIST loves all!

Infact JESUS Came to Seek and Save the Lost!

The Pastor has a duty to tell Them the Gospel Truth!

She has a duty to tell Them that LGBT, gay, lesbian and all that is Sin and an abomination and Wickedness before GOD ALMIGHTY.

Tell Them where such lifestyle will lead them to!

Tell Them that JESUS Is available to Wash and Cleanse them from all Sins! Irrespective of their evil and dirty ways!

She has a duty to lead them to JESUS CHRIST!

If she refuses to tell Them the truth and just leave them to continue in their sin, Their blood will be on her head!!

2 Likes

Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by phelonrays: 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

Including u
Ya brah,

He died just to let me have a rebirth..

No price like that ever, since a double thousand years ago....
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Timbers(m): 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Righteousness89:
JESUS CHRIST died For all!

JESUS CHRIST loves all!

Infact JESUS Came to Seek and Save the Lost!

The Pastor has a duty to tell Them the Gospel Truth!

She has a duty to tell Them that LGBT, gay, lesbian and all that is Sin and an abomination and Wickedness before GOD ALMIGHTY.

Tell Them where such lifestyle will lead them to!

Tell Them that JESUS Is available to Wash and Cleanse them from all Sins! Irrespective of their evil and dirty ways!

She has a duty to lead them to JESUS CHRIST!

If she refuses to tell Them the truth and just leave them to continue in their sin, Their blood will be on her head!!
Homophobic bigot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Righteousness89(m): 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
Timbers:
Homophobic bigot

You are BLESSED bro!
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Timbers(m): 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
Righteousness89:

You are BLESSED bro!
Fvck you and your blessings

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Righteousness89(m): 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Timbers:
Fvck you and your blessings

You are Blessed bro!
Calm down!
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Timbers(m): 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
Righteousness89:

You are Blessed bro!
Calm down!
Guy stop forcing your religion on people it's bleeped up the way you spam threads with religious teachings even when it is not relevant to the discussion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Righteousness89(m): 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
Timbers:
Guy stop forcing your religion on people it's bleeped up the way you spam threads with religious teachings even when it is not relevant to the discussion

It's Relevant to you bro!
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Timbers(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
Righteousness89:

You deserve to be martyred fvcking bigot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Righteousness89(m): 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
Timbers:
You deserve to be martyred fvcking bigot
You Deserve the Love from JESUS my Beloved Brother!

You Deserve Eternal Life!

Pls calm down and Embrace JESUS! Your pains will be taken away!

GOD BLESS YOU my Brother
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Timbers(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
Righteousness89:

You Deserve the Love from JESUS my Beloved Brother!

You Deserve Eternal Life!

Pls calm down and Embrace JESUS! Your pains will be taken away!

GOD BLESS YOU my Brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by CAPSLOCKED: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
Righteousness89:

THERE'S NO OTHER GOD BUT ALLAH, AND MUHAMMAD IS HIS PROPHET.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Bojack(m): 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nice
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Scotchman(m): 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Those two up there should get a room
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
A counterfeit Christianity is coming which will be headed by the force prophet.
many of these penticotals, charismatics, evangelicals etc are already in it

lawlessness are increasing by the day. The truth is gay, lesbianism, idolatry, witchcraft, rebellion, fornication, adultery and every other sins would take you to hell only Jesus can set you fee.

1 Like

Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Emilokoiyawon: 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
Good for them. At least they are still better than the gods of men we have in Nigeria.
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Professorcplus(m): 7:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
No cause for harsh words pls. We are all human! Let maintain sanity
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by mytime24(f): 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Wetin no go shock buhari aso rock
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by vickydankal(f): 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
HITsquad:
Nice, as much as I don't feel comfortable with LGBT, I still think they deserve better... It's not their fault, people don't learn or choose to be gay, it's a natural phenomenon.

This is the difference between Christianity and Islam... "The ability to evolve"

I beg your pardon, being gay is not a natural phenomenon. Let’s say I agree that some people have the feeling for same sex while growing up, you know very well that if you pursue all the things your flesh had long for you will be far worst than you are not, I had once had a feeling for same sex before, I was had the feeling to smoke, to have party, to smoke weed or even to drink alcohol among other ungodly things. That doesn’t mean that’s who I am, it is just a feeling and with spirit of God in control I can’t exercise or pursue that feeling.

People are using emoticons, philosophy and psychology to cover and justify evil. I don’t have any problem with gays attending any church but if the message they are hearing is making them comfortable with that which they are doing then there’s a big problem with the church, the priest of the church and of cos the congregation.

The word of God is for our exhortation, reproof, rebuke in all doctrine. 2 Tim 2:4

If it is not rebuking you, you can as well change church.
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by HITsquad: 2:40am On Jun 15, 2020
vickydankal:

I beg your pardon, being gay is not a natural phenomenon. Let’s say I agree that some people have the feeling for same sex while growing up, you know very well that if you pursue all the things your flesh had long for you will be far worst than you are not, I had once had a feeling for same sex before, I was had the feeling to smoke, to have party, to smoke weed or even to drink alcohol among other ungodly things. That doesn’t mean that’s who I am, it is just a feeling and with spirit of God in control I can’t exercise or pursue that feeling.

People are using emoticons, philosophy and psychology to cover and justify evil. I don’t have any problem with gays attending any church but if the message they are hearing is making them comfortable with that which they are doing then there’s a big problem with the church, the priest of the church and of cos the congregation.

The word of God is for our exhortation, reproof, rebuke in all doctrine. 2 Tim 2:4

So you think a man would see a woman as beautiful as God made them, and decided NO... I prefer my fellow man? Well...
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Kobojunkie: 2:58am On Jun 15, 2020
vickydankal:

Before you go off rebuking anyone, know that the only ones God rebuked where those who claimed to be of Him... yes, the
* pharisees/sadducees, yes your typical teachers of the laws, priests whom Jesus rebuked
* the believers who Paul wrote to in his letters to the Corinthians, galatians, Romans, Ephesians, etc.,
* the believers who James, John, Peter, jude wrote to in their epistles -- all people who were noted as believers(not sinners).

If you go around rebuking those who don't believe, in the name of your God, you are likely on your own there... as in, Him no send you! grin
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by vickydankal(f): 8:40am On Jun 15, 2020
I don’t think you understood the word “rebuke” it means to correct, instruct and direct and for someone whose conscience is alive those words will be like chastisement or feels like you are being beaten to repent.

I don’t like matters of gay on Nairaland, because it seems we give them too much freedom. I’ve heard don’t judge, are the sin of gay against you, why e Dey pain you too much, concentrate on your lane, gays Proffessors, Pastors etc

Until we stand up and condemn this evil abomination and put an end to it, evil will keep lurking around. Sodom was destroyed for gayism.

I’m yet to see or hear that there’s a religion on earth that supports same sex.

No matter what you want to believe, gay is evil and against every sense of reasoning.
Re: Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
vickydankal:
I don’t think you understood the word “rebuke” it means to correct, instruct and direct and for someone whose conscience is alive those words will be like chastisement or feels like you are being beaten to repent.

I don’t like matters of gay on Nairaland, because it seems we give them too much freedom. I’ve heard don’t judge, are the sin of gay against you, why e Dey pain you too much, concentrate on your lane, gays Proffessors, Pastors etc

Until we stand up and condemn this evil abomination and put an end to it, evil will keep lurking around. Sodom was destroyed for gayism.

I’m yet to see or hear that there’s a religion on earth that supports same sex.

No matter what you want to believe, gay is evil and against every sense of reasoning.
Whether you are rebuking/correcting/instructing /redirecting, the examples we have from Jesus Christ and all His disciples is that we should not approach sinners with that at all.

Consider when Jesus approached the Samaritan woman by the well(a sinner) , the word "rebuke" would not be applied in the interaction that took place between them at all. He didn't even condemn her lifestyle, if you know what i mean.
Compare that interaction with some other interactions the aame Jesus Christ had with Pharisees and Sadducees and you immediately note that rebuke is what applied frequently.

If you are itching to condemn that which you believe to be evil, be sure to do it according to the way your Master prescribed. Note: not according to how churches and preachers prescribe, but exactly as Jesus Christ prescribed.

Bringing yet another confused Christian into a church building is not what the preaching the gospel is about.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CAN, RCCG, Winners Drop Crossover Night Services / Why Mr. T.B Joshua Died By Moshood Fayemiwo / What You Will Not Regret When It's All Over!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.