Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Is It Possible To Buy A Deep Freezer And Convert It To A Fridge? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Possible To Buy A Deep Freezer And Convert It To A Fridge? (2105 Views)

Haier Thermocool Fridge/freezer In Perfect Condition (250litres) / A Large Deep Cake Recipe That I Can Make In A Deep Baking Tin / How Long Can U Store Ur Soup In The Fridge For And Still Eat It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Buy A Deep Freezer And Convert It To A Fridge? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:57pm On Jan 25, 2011
hello!
for most peeps here who have a standing fridge double door, you'll notice that the fridge section tends to underperform when compared to the freezer compartment - especially when your always opening and closing the fridge to remove or put things. so i was thinking of buying a small deep freezer and regulating the temperature upwards to that of a normal fridge. this way i know i can get better performance from the fridge (converted freezer) while retaining another freezer solely for storage.

what do you guys think? is this practicable from experience?
Re: Is It Possible To Buy A Deep Freezer And Convert It To A Fridge? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2011
no answer yet for this question. i guess i'll have to ask the dealers.
Re: Is It Possible To Buy A Deep Freezer And Convert It To A Fridge? by bece: 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2011
Yes now just turn it the other way round abi. How can you ask that kind of question buy a good product not tokunbo a beg
Re: Is It Possible To Buy A Deep Freezer And Convert It To A Fridge? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2011
bece,
thanks for your input but i was wondering because peeps have advised me that no matter now high you regulate a deep freezer you will still have ice block at the highest setting. i was looking at buying one i can use as a normal fridge without having to worrying about my stuff freezing up. by the way i use a thermocool freezer.
Re: Is It Possible To Buy A Deep Freezer And Convert It To A Fridge? by Knight1(m): 8:11pm On Jan 30, 2011
all you need is a really good fridge. why buy and waste a freezer?
Re: Is It Possible To Buy A Deep Freezer And Convert It To A Fridge? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:39am On Jan 31, 2011
knight,
i just want to have a dedicated fridge and freezer and not a combo as in most cases.
Re: Is It Possible To Buy A Deep Freezer And Convert It To A Fridge? by ifedesire: 8:00pm On May 03, 2012
George_D: hello!
for most peeps here who have a standing fridge double door, you'll notice that the fridge section tends to underperform when compared to the freezer compartment - especially when your always opening and closing the fridge to remove or put things. so i was thinking of buying a small deep freezer and regulating the temperature upwards to that of a normal fridge. this way i know i can get better performance from the fridge (converted freezer) while retaining another freezer solely for storage.

what do you guys think? is this practicable from experience?

Yes you can definitely do that, you will need an external temperature controller. I will be going this route to use with my inverters since they use less watts than the regular refrigerators.

(1) (Reply)

Does Coca-Cola Still Contain Cocaine? / Opening A Tin Of Milk / Photo!!pics!!! Guys Can You Eat This Snacks!!gels Cn U Watch Him Eat This??pics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.