Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why (4565 Views)

Which Of These Phones Will You Advise Me To Go For / Whatsapp Will No Longer Support These Smartphones -starting Dec. 31st / Here's More Bad News For Hauwei, Facebook Will No Longer Support Hauwei Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by ndcide(m): 3:23am On Jun 15, 2020
seunfly:

Huawei needed to be killed by all means and google suit is one way to get it killed. Huawei has find away around it and all chinese phone manufacturers are working together to create alternative suit which includes joint alternative app store. Realme, OPPO, IQOO, VIVO and so many are already on baord, they are working together to even encourage developers to create ecosystem around that.

If they are successful in that, what do u think will be next?
The answer is open for all to see.
Google can't sit back and allow that to happen even though they are not happy with what Trump is diong, they know it will push other manufacturers to look for alternative but they will not make it easy for smooth ride for that alternative to take off, that alternative will not use andriod platform as a spring board.

What exactly is trump doing that they don't like.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by alphaRego01(m): 3:31am On Jun 15, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
There must be a way to bypass it

Even u sef know

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Nobody: 5:15am On Jun 15, 2020
Who else noticed if you downloaded an app from play store and send to someone the person can't install it except it's been redownloaded.

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Tunde835(m): 6:26am On Jun 15, 2020
no more lucky patcher
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by blessedchild234(m): 6:57am On Jun 15, 2020
Even iPhone they accept 3rd party is it android that wouldn't funny folks.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by seunfly: 7:43am On Jun 15, 2020
ndcide:

What exactly is trump doing that they don't like.

The tech war and restriction to trade with Major chinese tech giant.

The rules of development and advancement states that u should sell your non sensitive tech to other tech companies so that u will make money and they will inturn rely on you.
If u refuse to trade, other tech company will be forced to push tons of R &grin in that direction this means u v s successfully created competition for ur self and they may eventually push u out of market.

That is what is playing out in Harmony OS, alternative appstore, the new Chinese socs fabricating plants(SMIC) and the rise of Chinese silicon valey in zhong guan cun.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Denovan: 7:44am On Jun 15, 2020
seunfly:

Huawei needed to be killed by all means and google suit is one way to get it killed. Huawei has find away around it and all chinese phone manufacturers are working together to create alternative suit which includes joint alternative app store. Realme, OPPO, IQOO, VIVO, ZTE and so many are already on baord, they are working together to even encourage developers to create ecosystem around that.

Google can't sit back and allow that to happen even though they are not happy with what Trump is diong, they know it will push other manufacturers to look for alternative but they will not make it easy for smooth ride for that alternative to take off, that alternative will not use andriod platform as a spring board.
Huawei have thier own app store called app gallery, where developers can post thier apps there, I don't think it can affect them. Google is shooting themselves in the foot. When harmony os launch and Chinese government force all thier oem to use that will be the end of andriod. Google is trying to create a monopoly, but you know it's not going to end well.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Denovan: 7:50am On Jun 15, 2020
witnezHD:
i dont think this action is aim towards huawei...or any other os...harmony os is doing very well..although i dont consider it an os...
You are right, harmony os is for iot. If Google tries this, they are shooting themselves in the foot. Recall that Chinese OEM makes up more than 60-70% of the smartphone market share, if the Chinese government force them to use harmony os which is in fact better and more secured than andriod because it's based on micro kenel. The funny thing is that you can install apk on harmony os. Then Google might end up like Nokia.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by seunfly: 7:58am On Jun 15, 2020
Denovan:

Huawei have thier own app store called app gallery, where developers can post thier apps there, I don't think it can affect them. Google is shooting themselves in the foot. When harmony os launch and Chinese government force all thier oem to use that will be the end of andriod. Google is trying to create a monopoly, but you know it's not going to end well.

If andriod 's plan takes effect, what do u think will happen to app galery?

Like i v said earlier all other Chinese OEM have seen their vulnerability and they are all wondering who is next after the target of ZTE and Huawei.
Their is serious unanounced joint ventures going on btw chinese OEMs and huawei apps gallery is the backbone of the development.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by chariisGRACE(m): 8:10am On Jun 15, 2020
PrecioussB:
Who else noticed if you downloaded an app from play store and send to someone the person can't install it except it's been redownloaded.

I experienced it when I downloaded Dream Leaugue 2020/with NY aunt's phone, i sent it to my phone via Sender but it did not install, instead they asked me to download my own from the Play Store.

I taught it was the app ish not until now.

2 Likes

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Denovan: 8:13am On Jun 15, 2020
seunfly:

If andriod 's plan takes effect, what do u think will happen to app galery?

Like i v said earlier all other Chinese OEM have seen their vulnerability and they are all wondering who is next after the target of ZTE and Huawei.
Their is serious unanounced joint ventures going on btw chinese OEMs and huawei apps gallery is the backbone of the development.
it won't affect Huawei because there's no play store. Most times if you have all this moded apps in your phone, like lucky patcher. Play store will detect it or automatically disable it. I think Huawei will be exempted, if not Huawei will be force to release harmony os, which will bring competition.

Chinese people are United, so they hate to see thier companies crumble unlike Nigeria, that's why Chinese government got angry and threatened to sanction Qualcomm, apple and Cisco just because of Huawei. So they can do anything for thier country.

if China can build thier spaceships from scratch, after America banned them, from joining thier international space center, and now there are the only country that has landed at the far side of the moon. Then they can do anything
my opinion tho
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by seunfly: 8:27am On Jun 15, 2020
Denovan:

it won't affect Huawei because there's no play store. Most times if you have all this moded apps in your phone, like lucky patcher. Play store will detect it or automatically disable it. I think Huawei will be exempted, if not Huawei will be force to release harmony os, which will bring competition.

Chinese people are United, so they hate to see thier companies crumble unlike Nigeria, that's why Chinese government got angry and threatened to sanction Qualcomm, apple and Cisco just because of Huawei. So they can do anything for thier country.

if China can build thier spaceships from scratch, after American banned them, from joining thier international space center, and now there are the only country that has landed at the far side of the moon. Then they can do anything
my opinion tho

It is not that simple to relaese HarmonyOS, if it was that easy, they would have done so and window mobile OS would still be alive today.
Huawei needs apps developers on baord and apps gallery is the answer, with the rumor of app gallery merger going round and the body language of huawei, it is obvious something is fishy and the longtime game is to finally divert all of them to work with Harmony OS which is what Google is against.

However, lets wait and see what's up.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Denovan: 8:33am On Jun 15, 2020
seunfly:

It is not that simple to relaese HarmonyOS, if it was that easy, they would have done so and window mobile OS would still be alive today.
Huawei needs apps developers on baord and apps gallery is the answer, with the rumor of app gallery merger going round and the body language of huawei, it is obvious something is fishy and the longtime game is to finally divert all of them to work with Harmony OS which is what Google is against.

However, lets wait and see what's up.
I get your point, but Huawei have already launched harmony os with thier smart tvs last year. Harmony os is not just an ordinary smartphone os. see link
here https://phonemantra. com/huawei-has-released-cheap-smart-tvs-on-its-own-os-harmony-os-without-android/ remove space between . and com

it's an os is that will be used in all thier electronic devices ranging from smart watch, tv, pc, washing machine, phones, fridge etc(iot).

Their plan is to make sure they have enough apps on their app gallery which will be easy for them in a long run.

Huawei would have launched it since in thier smartphone, but they believe in thier friendship with Google.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Petersamuel8(m): 8:51am On Jun 15, 2020
What ever Google decide to do they should know that huawei are looking for a slim opportunity to strike. Those guys seems to be the one dominating the tech industry with the exception of OS development
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by seanwilliam(m): 9:19am On Jun 15, 2020
Themandalorian:

What I believe is huawei will be forced to launch their own OS fully.
you are very funny, the bolded clearly shows you are typing with 'sentiments'... outside china, no smartphone can survive without Google(and its syndicate).. google has established itself in such a way that it controls atleast 30% of your life directly or indirectly
luvyaself95:
Android about to go down what nonsense
..there are some companies that can't go down except government policies deal with them e.g apple and Google..
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by seanwilliam(m): 9:23am On Jun 15, 2020
Petersamuel8:
What ever Google decide to do they should know that huawei are looking for a slim opportunity to strike. Those guys seems to be the one dominating the tech industry with the exception of OS development
whoever controls the bolded controls the world...
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by sunshineV(f): 9:34am On Jun 15, 2020
Africans might have to settle for harmonyOS cus not many people can afford high end Samsung and pixel.

Huawei just need to get developers on board
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by smashad(m): 9:58am On Jun 15, 2020
PrecioussB:
I've bee having that same problem I can't use apps gotten from another person except I redownload it.

2 Likes

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by edoairways: 10:08am On Jun 15, 2020
seunfly:
They are trying to blockade Huawei and the new chinese plan to create alternative app store.
Wowwww! It might affect them then because me will not upgrade
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by edoairways: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2020
PrecioussB:
I noticed that as well

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by witnezHD(m): 10:26am On Jun 15, 2020
seunfly:

The problem is how to encourage developers to support it, without apps the OS is dead on arrival.
Sun Tzu states that lay low and work hard until appointed time, that is what Huawei and chinese government are doing.

The plan is to create alternative app store which is already in existence, encourage developers to move on board and then migrate the system to the their own OS. All Chinese phone manufacturers are on board and it is joint work.
They pilot it with shareit app which is joint work btw BBK, Xiaomi, Huawei, Miezu, zte and others
Google is very smart to sniff that out and now they have indirectly join war they were originally against.
it not a war... Google is just protecting it interest... Stop making google look bad
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Darthvader93: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2020
chariisGRACE:

I experienced it when I downloaded Dream Leaugue 2020/with NY aunt's phone, i sent it to my phone via Sender but it did not install, instead they asked me to download my own from the Play Store.

Me too...

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Meto1234(m): 11:21am On Jun 15, 2020
Google and is new policy sha

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by lagusboyyy(m): 11:31am On Jun 15, 2020
goodnewscliff:
Them dy mad ni

Google playstore is a racist to some good apps

Eg u cant find TouchPal on playstore anylonger.....LLION power saving nd cleaning app

There's something fishing
They have even removed ES file explorer.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2020
chariisGRACE:

Well they're following the steps of Apple.

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by seunfly: 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
Denovan:

I get your point, but Huawei have already launched harmony os with thier smart tvs last year. Harmony os is not just an ordinary smartphone os. see link
here https://phonemantra. com/huawei-has-released-cheap-smart-tvs-on-its-own-os-harmony-os-without-android/ remove space between . and com

it's an os is that will be used in all thier electronic devices ranging from smart watch, tv, pc, washing machine, phones, fridge etc(iot).

Their plan is to make sure they have enough apps on their app gallery which will be easy for them in a long run.

Huawei would have launched it since in thier smartphone, but they believe in thier friendship with Google.

I think we are saying thesame thing in different ways, anyway the future is bright for phones and comunication generally.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by witnezHD(m): 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
seanwilliam:
you are very funny, the bolded clearly shows you are typing with 'sentiments'... outside china, no smartphone can survive without Google(and its syndicate).. google has established itself in such a way that it controls atleast 30% of your life directly or indirectly..there are some companies that can't go down except government policies deal with them e.g apple and Google..
nairaland itk won't understand this...
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by alphaNomega: 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
Whatever the f*** they want to do, I don't care. If android becomes irrelevant tomorrow, I would drop them like I dropped SymbianOs
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Depressed101: 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
goodnewscliff:
Them dy mad ni

Google playstore is a racist to some good apps

Eg u cant find TouchPal on playstore anylonger.....LLION power saving nd cleaning app

There's something fishing
ttpod, and a host of others
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by DONFRANSKID(m): 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
alphaRego01:

Even u sef know
yeah
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by KrazyDave16(m): 9:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
seunfly:

Huawei needed to be killed by all means and google suit is one way to get it killed. Huawei has find away around it and all chinese phone manufacturers are working together to create alternative suit which includes joint alternative app store. Realme, OPPO, IQOO, VIVO, ZTE and so many are already on baord, they are working together to even encourage developers to create ecosystem around that.

Huh...
But I read up that this new installation izh is more of a privacy feature to grant apps temporary permission instead of an all-time pass to your phone storage and data it doesn't need to read.

In other words, no need to manually revoke permissions for sensitive apps after using them as each app will have its own isolated storage instead of reading the entire filesystem.

I don't see how this issue got anything to do with the trade war, instead I see it for what it is - affecting all Android developers due to slower read/write speeds as some devs reported and adding the new API is a hassle (I don't understand code wella but changing API is one hell of a thing to do).
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by ndcide(m): 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2020
seunfly:

The tech war and restriction to trade with Major chinese tech giant.

The rules of development and advancement states that u should sell your non sensitive tech to other tech companies so that u will make money and they will inturn rely on you.
If u refuse to trade, other tech company will be forced to push tons of R &grin in that direction this means u v s successfully created competition for ur self and they may eventually push u out of market.

That is what is playing out in Harmony OS, alternative appstore, the new Chinese socs fabricating plants(SMIC) and the rise of Chinese silicon valey in zhong guan cun.

But do you get trumps perspective on these issues? Trump feels that that America should benefit more from their technology whilst considering the security implications of having critical technology needs in the hands of competitors.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Wanna Buy Sony Xperia Z3 Honest Reveiws Needed!!! / Get 500naira For 3GB On Mtn / Gionee S10 Lite 4gb Ram 32gb Rom Jumia Black Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.