Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why (4559 Views)

Which Of These Phones Will You Advise Me To Go For / Whatsapp Will No Longer Support These Smartphones -starting Dec. 31st / Here's More Bad News For Hauwei, Facebook Will No Longer Support Hauwei Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by dominzy(m): 7:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
The new version of Android will make life difficult for fans of installing applications bypassing Google Play. According to informed sources, with the release of Android 11, installing third-party apps will become much more difficult.

Developers who began testing the early build of Android 11 found that after accepting the installation permission, the system forcibly closes the application that launched the APK installer. And to complete the installation, you have to start the whole process again after you have given permission to the system.

Earlier, for those who are used to the process, when you download an APK from chrome, the system requires browser authorization for the installation of the file. Once granted from the Android settings, the user is redirected to the browser to continue the installation process.

Interestingly, in response to complaints from developers who took the new installation mechanism as a bug, Google said this was normal operating system behavior. They explain that when an application launches without this permission, it cannot write to some system directories and for normal operation. It is necessary to repeat the process and update to a view that allows writing to directories. Changing the process of installing applications from third-party sources has become part of the new Scoped Storage feature. They changed the file system operation scheme.

There is a chance that Google will mention this feature at the official release of Android 11. But it is a small change. The developers believe that the Internet giant will follow in the footsteps of Apple. They will make installation of applications from third-party sources as difficult as possible, putting Google Play as a priority

Google’s Developer team took to twitter to say about the cancellation of the event. The tweet says that the event scheduled on June 3rd stands canceled. This means the First Beta of Android 11 has to be under the wraps for a while.

Google has not specified any specific date of the rescheduled event. But it should be sometime in summer. However, we do not know why Google had to cancel the event. Reports say that it could be due to mass protests in the USA due to the death of George Floyd.

Source: https://www.dominzyloaded.com/2020/06/Androidphone-apk-installation.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Deasegun19(m): 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
ah, kilode Google

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by goodnewscliff(m): 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
Them dy mad ni

Google playstore is a racist to some good apps

Eg u cant find TouchPal on playstore anylonger.....LLION power saving nd cleaning app

There's something fishing

5 Likes

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Denovan: 8:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
cry cry angry wtf is wrong with Google. I heard they also removed support for obb files undecided .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by maxjax(m): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
the reign of andriod might aswell come to an end

23 Likes

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Degrezhaa: 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Make dem. no try nonsense oh
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by DONFRANSKID(m): 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
There must be a way to bypass it

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Pet1620: 9:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
They should be ready to lose users. Because people will look for other alternatives and that will really affect them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by seunfly: 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
They are trying to blockade Huawei and the new chinese plan to create alternative app store.

21 Likes

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by AiteeAitee: 9:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ha!
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Ufedolove: 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
seunfly:
They trying to blockade Huawei and the new chinese plan to create alternative app store.
You get sense

4 Likes

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by XOTHEHOST(m): 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
Wer person brain stop na the starting point for another person i trust tech guys they will find another means

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ios has been that way if not on appstore, don’t bother searching elsewhere.. its a though move to make for google
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Andrew13: 10:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
Abeg they should not try it oo shocked shioo
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by witnezHD(m): 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
seunfly:
They are trying to blockade Huawei and the new chinese plan to create alternative app store.
how?
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by seunfly: 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
witnezHD:
how?
Huawei needed to be killed by all means and google suit is one way to get it killed. Huawei has find away around it and all chinese phone manufacturers are working together to create alternative suit which includes joint alternative app store. Realme, OPPO, IQOO, VIVO, ZTE and so many are already on baord, they are working together to even encourage developers to create ecosystem around that.

If they are successful in that, what do u think will be next?
The answer is open for all to see.
Google can't sit back and allow that to happen even though they are not happy with what Trump is diong, they know it will push other manufacturers to look for alternative but they will not make it easy for smooth ride for that alternative to take off, that alternative will not use andriod platform as a spring board.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by witnezHD(m): 11:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
seunfly:

Huawei needed to be killed by all means and google suit is one way to get it killed. Huawei has find away around it and all chinese phone manufacturers are working together to create alternative suit which includes joint alternative app store. Realme, OPPO, IQOO, VIVO and so many are already on baord, they are working together to even encourage developers to create ecosystem around that.

Google can't sit back and allow that to happen even though they are not happy with what Trump is diong, they know it will push other manufacturers to look for alternative but they will not make it easy for smooth ride for that alternative to take off, that alternative will not use andriod platform as a spring board.
u have switch topic...my question is "how does google blocking installation of app from thirdparty affect huawei"...

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by seunfly: 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
witnezHD:
u have switch topic...my question is "how does google blocking installation of app from thirdparty affect huawei"...

I think my explanation should be clear enough. Abi which phone manufacturer no get access to playstore ?

Unless you are not aware of chess game going on in the past 5 months.

7 Likes

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Themandalorian: 11:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
witnezHD:
He basically typed it up there. Read between the lines.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Themandalorian: 11:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
seunfly:

Huawei needed to be killed by all means and google suit is one way to get it killed. Huawei has find away around it and all chinese phone manufacturers are working together to create alternative suit which includes joint alternative app store. Realme, OPPO, IQOO, VIVO and so many are already on baord, they are working together to even encourage developers to create ecosystem around that.

What I believe is huawei will be forced to launch their own OS fully.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by luvyaself95(m): 11:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Android about to go down what nonsense
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by CyberEBOLA(m): 11:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
That is one of the main thing making me use android.
Maybe it is time to start thinking iphone then.

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by seunfly: 12:03am On Jun 15, 2020
Themandalorian:

What I believe is huawei will be forced to launch their own OS fully.

The problem is how to encourage developers to support it, without apps the OS is dead on arrival.
Sun Tzu states that lay low and work hard until appointed time, that is what Huawei and chinese government are doing.

The plan is to create alternative app store which is already in existence, encourage developers to move on board and then migrate the system to the their own OS. All Chinese phone manufacturers are on board and it is joint work.
They pilot it with shareit app which is joint work btw BBK, Xiaomi, Huawei, Miezu, zte and others
Google is very smart to sniff that out and now they have indirectly join war they were originally against.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by karbie(f): 12:05am On Jun 15, 2020
Self study and ace your examinations with the right study packs, like I did.

Prepare for your ACCA and ICAN (ATS & Professional) examinations with the ICAN new study packs for all levels and get all necessary past questions and answers for a token.

Click on the whatsapp link below to get them https:///2347084890881
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by witnezHD(m): 12:10am On Jun 15, 2020
seunfly:

I think my explanation should be clear enough. Abi which phone manufacturer no get access to playstore ?

Unless you are not aware of chess game going on in the past 5 months.
i dont think this action is aim towards huawei...or any other os...harmony os is doing very well..although i dont consider it an os...
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by witnezHD(m): 12:12am On Jun 15, 2020
Themandalorian:

He basically typed it up there. Read between the lines.
i have done that ...i stil dont see what it has to do with harmony os or huawei
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Themandalorian: 12:16am On Jun 15, 2020
seunfly:

The problem is how to encourage developers to support it, without apps the OS is dead on arrival.
Sun Tzu states that lay low and work hard until appointed time, that is what Huawei and chinese government are doing.

The plan is to create alternative app store which is already in existence, encourage developers to move on board and then migrate the system to the their own OS. All Chinese phone manufacturers are on board and it is joint work.
They pilot it with shareit app which is joint work btw BBK, Xiaomi, Huawei and Miezu.
Google is very smart to sniff that out and now they have indirectly join war they were originally against.
I hope its works out for them cos having to rival google would not be easy.

I read somewhere that they were about to launch their own OS called HarmonyOS, if its done then all is left is to get developers on board create some key important apps and they are good to go.
They part that will be tricky are apps owned by google, eg Google maps, youtube, etc.
It will be tricky.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Gjackzy(m): 12:33am On Jun 15, 2020
elvischukie:
Ios has been that way if not on appstore, don’t bother searching elsewhere.. its a though move to make for google
ios or android, there is no operating systems that doesn’t have loop hole

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by seunfly: 12:55am On Jun 15, 2020
Themandalorian:

I hope its works out for them cos having to rival google would not be easy.

I read somewhere that they were about to launch their own OS called HarmonyOS, if its done then all is left is to get developers on board create some key important apps and they are good to go.
They part that will be tricky are apps owned by google, eg Google maps, youtube, etc.
It will be tricky.

There is already equivalent of google map called baidu, their is youtube and co equivalent in tencent etc the problem is that it is not a easy task to get developers on board, if it was that easy, windows mobile wouldn't have failed. Harmony OS will be successful in main land China and it is easier to get chinese developer on board since China already has equivalent or advance replica of western core apps. However it is of no use because Huawei has firmly secured Chinese market even without google suit so the battle is India, Europe and outside Chinese domain and google and Apple rules those places, they need a smartway to bring in developer in even though they v budgeted $1.5billion for that purpose, money alone can't get it done if not microsoft would have thrown triple of that out.

The solution is what they have done but google has moved in to checkmate them.

lets see the next move, my problem is it will take another 5 to 8months to get the clear picture of their next step.

3 Likes

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Themandalorian: 1:40am On Jun 15, 2020
seunfly:

There is already equivalent of google map called baidu, their is youtube and co equivalent in tencent etc the problem is that it is not a easy task to get developers on board, if it was that easy, windows mobile wouldn't have failed. Harmony OS will be successful in main land China and it is easier to get chinese developer on board since China already has equivalent or advance replica of western core apps. However it is of no use because Huawei has firmly secured Chinese market even without google suit so the battle is India, Europe and outside Chinese domain and google and Apple rules those places, they need a smartway to bring in developer in even though they v budgeted $1.5billion for that purpose, money alone can't get it done if not microsoft would have thrown triple of that out.

The solution is what they have done but google has moved in to checkmate them.

lets see the next move, my problem is it will take another 5 to 8months to get the clear picture of their next step.
Well said.
Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by omoladex05: 2:03am On Jun 15, 2020
God blessed my family with bouncing baby girl last night. I am a private school teacher, please we seriously need your financial assistance. Check my profile. Thanks

8 Likes

Re: Android Phones Will Soon No Longer Support Installation Of APK Files, See Why by Flytime: 2:11am On Jun 15, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date / OTG Cable Not Working Properly, Infinix Hot 4 / Download Jumia Black Friday App Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.