Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,400 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons (25208 Views)

Flood Sweeps Away Motorcyclist, Displaces Hundreds Of Residents In Lagos / Gully Erosion Destroys Over 30 Buildings,Displaces Over 50,000 People In Anambra / Flood Destroys Over N15m Worth Of Goods In Aba, Renders Many Homeless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Codes151(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sysdatek:
Governor Udom

Failed big time in Eket modernization

Imagine banking avenues like grace bill look like swamps

He should have learnt from Akpabio who turned ikot Ekpene from a shanty to a clean town
he failed...

Elders and youths helped as well
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Clothingonline9(m): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
abraolas1:

Currently in Uyo though....are you from Uyo ?
Noo from. Osun state
I work in Lagos that’s where my business reside ikotun Lagos
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by dingbang(m): 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
These things happen every year but people are so lazy to plan ahead to prevent such flooding.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Harrykn: 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Are you sure? Misplaced 300,who told you that?

Destroy 100 house in this Eket, Akwa Ibom state.

News.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Donmaximum: 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2020
this is nothing to the flood at crutech calaber south,i don swim tire.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by OVB123: 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
Poloyanabo2:
What a news!
Thank God no one died, but where are those people that always overhype akwa ibom?
Ask me my dear? some of my nairalanders will just b making noise about akwa ibom as if it is not part of nigeria. They should c things for themselves.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Hunchogee: 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
Codes151:
That’s a city of oil.
A city that was cut to make Ibeno and parts of oro nation.

Yet. It’s one of the neglected cities filled with criminals as leaders
Esit Eket Oil City?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Hunchogee: 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
Harrykn:
Are you sure? Misplaced 300,who told you that?

Destroy 100 house in this Ever, Akwa Ibom state.
The keep exaggerating news everywhere in this zoo of a country

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Hunchogee: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
OVB123:
Ask me my dear? some of my nairalanders will just b making noise about akwa ibom as if it is not part of nigeria. They should c things for themselves.
Still better than the rest of the states in this zoo of a country .. Akwa Ibom is the one eye man in the country of the blind and don't allow hate to make you jealous of her
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Harrykn: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hunchogee:

The keep exaggerating news everywhere in this zoo of a country

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Poloyanabo2(m): 1:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hunchogee:

Mumu how thus natural disaster concerned government or you just want to talk nonsense. So if hurricane Santana struck Florida and create flood , so na government go answer for am. Stop been myopic ok
You quoted the wrong person bro.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Harrykn: 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
OVB123:

Akwa Ibom state is the best part of the zoo so far...

Leave that OP, It's not what it is.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Poloyanabo2(m): 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
But my ibibio colleague at work place said that AKS is an El dorado. I just dey look am dey laugh. If AKS is an El dorado then why the massive exodus to other parts of the SS?
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Poloyanabo2(m): 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
kingzjay:
Akwa Ibom gets the highest allocation in this country excluding the 13% oil derivation and royalties for Mobil and IGRs.....

My brothers and sisters, if you get to the rural parts of Akwa Ibom, you will see extreme poverty and poor state of living.

I'm not accusing anybody whatsoever, but sincerely, our leaders have failed us. These days paying salaries and constructing roads are the Hallmark of achievements our Governor celebrates.

The pallatives given to indigenes during the lockdown was an Eyesore. A whole family got one cup of rice and beans, for those who were lucky to receive oh. The politicians highjacked the process and left the people wailing.

Taxes in the state are being enforced even with the effect of this pandemic. Tricycle and mini bus drivers are really suffering. They buy tickets even on Sundays. What a country.

I don't know how, but God needs to really help us.
But my ibibio colleague at work place said that AKS is an El dorado.
I just dey look am dey laugh.
If AKS is an El dorado then why the massive exodus to other parts of the SS?
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hunchogee:

Mumu how thus natural disaster concerned government or you just want to talk nonsense. So if hurricane Santana struck Florida and create flood , so na government go answer for am. Stop been myopic ok

This is caused by lack of good drainage systems or sometimes unexisting.
Hurricane is a hurricane, Its a massive natural disaster, u cant compare it with this flood
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Hunchogee: 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
PrecisionFx:

This is caused by lack of good drainage systems or sometimes unexisting.
Hurricane is a hurricane, Its a massive natural disaster, u cant compare it with this flood
You really need brain cells not artificial but natural brain cells ... Edem Udom is an Island so stop taking nonsense ok , how do you prevent flood with high tide to a rural Island settlement?
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Armypolicecults: 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
Codes151:
That’s a city of oil.
A city that was cut to make Ibeno and parts of oro nation.

Yet. It’s one of the neglected cities filled with criminals as leaders

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Carson110(m): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
Well the news is exaggerated. Yes there was flood but it did not displaced anybody. I repeat it did not displace anybody. The picture on that post is not Akwa Ibom. Nobody live in such house in Eket. Talking about flooding show me a state that doesn't experience flood. Is it Lagos, Anambra, Delta or even the poverty stricken Kogi state that is 80% flooded?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Hunchogee: 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
Carson110:
Well the news is exaggerated. Yes there was flood but it did not misplaced anybody. I repeat it did not replace anybody. The picture on that post is not Akwa Ibom. Nobody live in such house in Eket. Talking about flooding show me a state that doesn't experience flood. Is it Lagos, Anambra, Deltaor even the poverty stricken Kogi state that is 80% flooded?
God bless you, leave the idiot posting that nonsense, him never travel before
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Kinematics: 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Poloyanabo2:
What a news!
Thank God no one died, but where are those people that always overhype akwa ibom?

Flooding is a natural thing that can happen anywhere. Some places are more prone to flooding than others no matter how well you plan to avoid it.

However concerning Akwa Ibom State, not every hype you see on nairaland you should believe. Besides the hype the people themselves celebrate any little achievement they make eg last week they were celebrating a COVID-19 testing lab, they even made a thread here for it, something that has been in existence in 21 states of the nation without noise making. It's a cultural thing over there.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Fheelzz(m): 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
you people hehnn, am not support with bubu ohh grin but is he the one that told them to build houses in flood prone area
Tissaia:
Say no to APC
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by wiseone28: 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kinematics:

Flooding is a natural thing that can happen anywhere. Some places are more prone to flooding than others no matter how well you plan to avoid it.

However concerning Akwa Ibom State, not every hype you see on nairaland you should believe. Besides the hype the people themselves celebrate any little achievement they make eg last week they were celebrating a COVID-19 testing lab, they even made a thread here for it, something that has been in existence in 21 states of the nation without noise making. It's a cultural thing over there.
Which cultural thing?

Or you're looking for likes?
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by marimarempress: 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
We have not even experienced rainfall in Anambra state since last week.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Seun360(m): 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
My Eket?
I love that town.
Awo Ekid.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Armypolicecults: 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kinematics:

Ashe or cosmic energy is real. E equals MC squared. Everything is made of energy that is categorized into 4 elements and 4 cardinal directions from the center of your universe.

Fire Earth Air Water

Oshun rules the West along with Yemoja and Olokun all Archangels of Water.

Are you Christian?

Well the cross is an esoteric symbol of the 4 cardinal directions with the Son/Sun in the center. Yet Sun isnt like the hell fire of Mars it is the illuminous fire where stems all creation above you.

Any priest or pastor is an alchemist

Any qualified scientist is a chemist

Save your strength

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Hunchogee: 3:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kinematics:

Your back with your nonsense ok, I don't know your state but you sound funny as usual ok. Let me advice you quit always taking nonsense ok
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Hunchogee: 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
wiseone28:
Which cultural thing?

Or you're looking for likes?
The fool is a bitter person, from River state always looking for the slightest opportunity to smash Akwa Ibom State... leave that idiot bro
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hunchogee:

You really need brain cells not artificial but natural brain cells ... Edem Udom is an Island so stop taking nonsense ok , how do you prevent flood with high tide to a rural Island settlement?

U are aggressively daft fir asking that extremely stupid question. Eze ndi ala⁵
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by coconat(m): 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
y not read his post very wel b4 attacking him
Hunchogee:

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Hunchogee: 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
PrecisionFx:

U are aggressively daft fir asking that extremely stupid question. Eze ndi ala⁵
Shutup you retarded fool, your hate will screw in your balls to your smelling mouth fool
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Hunchogee: 4:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
coconat:
y not read his post very wel b4 attacking him
You need to reread again too...what did he meant as Overhype?
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by OVB123: 7:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
Harrykn:

Akwa Ibom state is the best part of the zoo so far...

Leave that OP, It's not what it is.
I never disputed the fact that akwa ibom is a beautiful state but all i'm saying is that interm of purchasing power of the people (ability to buy an sell/exchanging money) it is still very low in the state, that is why most of her youths, normally migrate to other part of the country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From Ibeno Beach Funfair Party / Lagos: Conductor vs Passenger Wahala / Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.