Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,238 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons (25206 Views)

Flood Sweeps Away Motorcyclist, Displaces Hundreds Of Residents In Lagos / Gully Erosion Destroys Over 30 Buildings,Displaces Over 50,000 People In Anambra / Flood Destroys Over N15m Worth Of Goods In Aba, Renders Many Homeless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2020
Governor Udom

Failed big time in Eket modernization

Imagine banking avenues like grace bill look like swamps

He should have learnt from Akpabio who turned ikot Ekpene from a shanty to a clean town
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Innocentdave: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2020
What!!!
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by loadedvibes: 10:31am On Jun 15, 2020
Sorry to all these people..

Anyway Parents and guidance give your children the edge they need in this age.. get them out kids educational tablets now.. view my profile to get it.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by aaking(m): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2020
JESUSisKING1:
grin

Pls represent this name in a good manner. THANK you
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by AmazingELixir: 10:34am On Jun 15, 2020
shocked shocked

I'm not understanding is that house showing only the roof top inside water or water is inside the house.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by timota(m): 10:36am On Jun 15, 2020
techmo:

is Akwa Ibom an APC state

or is Flood management on exclussive list?

you Northerners want to condemn APC and i laugh hard at you, if you like condemn APC andmove back to PDP, no sane person would vote hausa Fulani in 2023
I will rather vote a Fulani Muslim than a Yoruba Muslim.If power should come down south then it should be a southern christian,not a northern muslim and a southern moslem.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by i124k(m): 10:39am On Jun 15, 2020
techmo:

you Northerners want to condemn APC and i laugh hard at you, if you like condemn APC andmove back to PDP, no sane person would vote hausa Fulani in 2023
abi ooo...
my brother abi na sister.... anyone wen you be

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by techmo(m): 10:39am On Jun 15, 2020
timota:

I will rather vote a Fulani Muslim than a Yoruba Muslim.If power should come down south then it should be a southern christian,not a northern muslim and a southern moslem.

Thats your own wahala.. cant stop you from voting for Fulani

all i know is Power is shifting south in 2023 and sensible people knows politicians have no religion
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Sleekfingers: 10:41am On Jun 15, 2020
Tissaia:
Say no to APC

na Apc bring food to that state abi? That state no get governor? U better grow up...

Even similar thing is expected in lagos. Because most drainages in lagos are in a mess. Abi na buhari should come clear it for sanwo olu....

Akwa ibom is a flood prone state like lagos and ogun states...
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Hunchogee: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2020
kingzjay:
Akwa Ibom gets the highest allocation in this country excluding the 13% oil derivation and royalties for Mobil and IGRs.....

My brothers and sisters, if you get to the rural parts of Akwa Ibom, you will see extreme poverty and poor state of living.

I'm not accusing anybody whatsoever, but sincerely, our leaders have failed us. These days paying salaries and constructing roads are the Hallmark of achievements our Governor celebrates.

The pallatives given to indigenes during the lockdown was an Eyesore. A whole family got one cup of rice and beans, for those who were lucky to receive oh. The politicians highjacked the process and left the people wailing.

Taxes in the state are being enforced even with the effect of this pandemic. Tricycle and mini bus drivers are really suffering. They buy tickets even on Sundays. What a country.

I don't know how, but God needs to really help us.
You sound stupid , how thus the subject matter concerned poverty. Ok pls mention 1 state that has no poverty forgetting Nigeria is the poverty headquarter of the world. You can educate yourself with the attachment ok. Stop spreading nonsense to fools to buy

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Hunchogee: 10:49am On Jun 15, 2020
Edem Udom is a very rural settlement in Esit Eket and the typographic of the place is so sand rough and can easily be prone to flood. So let relax the most Important thing is no live lost and let wait for the post flood reaction from the State Government before we start insulting them. As for federal government the make it look as if Akwa Ibom is a state city inside a Country and should manage themselves in everything. I can't still believe that there is no federal government present in the state since creation till now.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 10:53am On Jun 15, 2020
Is that picture from Zamfara or Akwa ibom?
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by MansoryMX(m): 10:57am On Jun 15, 2020
Latidoh1:
If you need a nice car to buy just above 1 million naira. Check my profile.

I drive a 2013 Corolla and i dey complain say na dead car. Na all those decayed cars you dey call 1m and above abi? Ogun kee u there!

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 15, 2020
The east and flood are like 1and 2
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by kingzjay(m): 11:01am On Jun 15, 2020
Hunchogee:

You sound stupid , how thus the subject matter concerned poverty. Ok pls mention 1 state that has no poverty forgetting Nigeria is the poverty headquarter of the world. You can educate yourself with the attachment ok. Stop spreading nonsense to fools to buy

Well, it takes a stupid person to know another.

If the resources in the state were channelled to projects like the underground drainage project done by the past administration in Uyo, in those places that needs them, you wouldn't hear of flooding.

I am a rural person. I speak and write what i know.

Advice: Your opinion is your viewpoint. Calling me names, is barbaric. Watch your tongue
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2020
Hunchogee:

Mumu how thus natural disaster concerned government or you just want to talk nonsense. So if hurricane Santana struck Florida and create flood , so na government go answer for am. Stop been myopic ok
Did he mention government
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Finnese001: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2020
techmo:

I and my family will vote them instead of to vote for tinubu the Chicago drug Baron

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
Flood is passing through almost all nations in the Earth..

When I Look at June/July , what I see and hear is Noah Ark!

Flood! Safety! Destruction!

These 3 things are vital in these times

But there is The Noah Ark .

The Noah Ark of Today is Salvation through JESUS CHRIST!

That's the only means to Safety!

Any other way leads to Destruction

Cc seun lalasticlala mynd44

Rule 1
This guy needs to go to sleep.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by techmo(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2020
inconsiquetial 5%ters

Finnese001:

I and my family will vote them instead of to vote for tinubu the Chicago drug Baron
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Finnese001: 11:11am On Jun 15, 2020
techmo:
inconsiquetial 5%ters

we have this in stock, In case you want to do the needful, buy one and get two extra

mkpi yoruba

1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Latidoh1: 11:12am On Jun 15, 2020
MansoryMX:

I drive a 2013 Corolla and i dey complain say na dead car. Na all those decayed cars you dey call 1m and above abi? Ogun kee u there!
The b250 2014 i have there is better than your 2013 corolla
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Gerrard59(m): 11:16am On Jun 15, 2020
I'm not surprised one bit! Eket has one of worst drainage systems I've ever seen in a typical Nigerian city. Horrible and tiny roads with absolutely no drainage systems. I expect worse in the coming weeks meanwhile our revered deacon masquerading as a governor built a "world class stadium". They should kukuma take refugee there.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Armypolicecults: 11:16am On Jun 15, 2020
Faithful4real:
Looking at adeboye prophecy.

Child sacrifice causes massive down pours of children's tears and an angry mother goddess.

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Taiwojon(m): 11:37am On Jun 15, 2020
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Clothingonline9(m): 11:40am On Jun 15, 2020
Uyo my city
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by abraolas1: 11:50am On Jun 15, 2020
Clothingonline9:
Uyo my city

Currently in Uyo though....are you from Uyo ?
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by mechanics(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
Lack of town planning, residential areas must have drainages if not, flood will surely be a problem in those areas.
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by powalez: 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2020
See my Eket that year,oh I miss that place,I will visit that place again,hope my Onna.people we're not affected,I served in Onna A2018,sorry about the flood but rain for Akwa ibom na die,na Benue boy I be sha

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by EOEI: 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
Tissaia:
Say no to APC
Idiot omo ode, shé Na APC dedey for akwa ibom or na APC dey rain on ur infested area, mumu
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Hunchogee: 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
kingzjay:

Well, it takes a stupid person to know another.

If the resources in the state were channelled to projects like the underground drainage project done by the past administration in Uyo, in those places that needs them, you wouldn't hear of flooding.

I am a rural person. I speak and write what i know.

Advice: Your opinion is your viewpoint. Calling me names, is barbaric. Watch your tongue
Next time don't be spreading nonsense ok
And please it doesn't take a patient to know a patient ok, you can ask a doctor
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Alphalite(m): 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
The end is so near. Flee from the wrath to come.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12
Jesus is the way, the truth and life. John 14:6
Re: Akwa Ibom Flood Destroys 100 Houses, Displaces 300 Persons by Codes151(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
That’s a city of oil.
A city that was cut to make Ibeno and parts of oro nation.

Yet. It’s one of the neglected cities filled with criminals as leaders

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From Ibeno Beach Funfair Party / Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment / Which Country Can I Move To Legally With ₦10M?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.