Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE (16682 Views)

Edo Resident Doctors Embark On 3-day Warning Strike Over Nonpayment Of Allowance / FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives / COVID-19: Management Reacts To Protest By ESUT Nurses Over ‘lack Of PPE’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by mj31(m): 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
MarcC:
Billions are shared for frivolities but very little are kept for essential sectors ..

NIGERIANS LET US STAND AGAINST CORRUPT SYSTEMS !

IF THERE IS NO SACRIFICE, THERE WOULD BE NO VICTORY!

DO AWAY WITH ETHNIC BIGOTRY AND FIGHT TOGETHER FOR A BETTER NIGERIA.. I AM PROUDLY NIGERIAN..

I AM IGBO, I LOVE HAUSAS , I LOVE YORUBAS.. I GREW UP AMONST THEM IN LAGOS
NO MATTER WAT THE BOKO HARAM ARE DOING TO RUIN OUR SOCIETY, I WILL NOT TAG ANY REGION WITH A BAD NAME

LET US START BY REJECTING THE SYSTEM THAT HAS BROUGHT US TO HATE EACH OTHER...

LET US STAND TOGETHER FOR A GREATER NIGERIA
we need people like you to make this country a better place.
we are root for one Nigeria inrespective of your tribe or religion..

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Bahdsypha(m): 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
martineverest:
typical idiot 5hat won't read with comprehension before replying

Typical ungrateful Nigerian.. always looking for a way to discredit hardworking doctors..

""they should stop lieing that no PPE is one of the reasons why they are on strike..... allowances is the reason why they are going on strike""

You think everybody is as stupid as you...that you'd pick money over your life doesn't mean that doctors would do the same..

This same doctors have been owed allowances before covid19 but they didn't go on strike.. what now makes you think it's only about money?

3 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by SirWarlock: 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
tillaman:
E remain ASUU
Patiently waiting
ASUU has been on strike since March

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by OriOko88(m): 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nemere2020:

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/06/15/breaking-resident-doctors-embark-on-indefinite-strike/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
I just dey wonder if the Nigeria version of covid 19 is just lethal just like those we hv in italy and Brazil, I wonder how many people would hv still been alive in Nigeria by now. The crops of leadership wr hv in Nigeria presently are one if the worst in the history of this country. Its been so bad. No direction whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Grandlord: 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
Prophylactic:
The health care system is in chaos, many of the essential things are lacking, The CMDs are not any better, even common reagents as cheap as 250naira often at times are lacking, so PPE being unavailable is no surprise because an average Nigerian is greedy, till the day we decide to be accountable in this country is the day things will begin to take shape
Swears. Greediness and corruption are the mission and vision of most Nigerians in authority. CMDs, like every other directors of government agencies and ministries, are super corrupt. No morals, zero values.

3 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by TruthinAction: 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
So all the billions donated for the fight of covid 19 has entered voice mail. Human rights groups should demand accountability from the government on the funds received so far. Don't be surprised to hear that they spent 5 billion to buy face masks. This government can loot sha.

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by sterlingD(m): 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
bayelsaowei:
What is wrong with nigeria ? Should the doctors even be striking because of basic stuffs like allowances and PPEs? Shame on our government..where is that minister for health??
The country is in a state of disarray

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by martineverest(m): 1:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
Bahdsypha:

Typical ungrateful Nigerian.. always looking for a way to discredit hardworking doctors..

""they should stop lieing that no PPE is one of the reasons why they are on strike..... allowances is the reason why they are going on strike""

You think everybody is as stupid as you...that you'd pick money over your life doesn't mean that doctors would do the same..

This same doctors have been owed allowances before covid19 but they didn't go on strike.. what now makes you think it's only about money?
same doctors that have murdered patients due to their recklessness, negligence and incompetency and still go Scott free?
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Jamesilvar(m): 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
Anybody that comes here and says rubbish about doctors is a senseless idiot who had his/her brains fed to cows.

Why wouldn't they go on strike when they lack basic equipments to protect themselves while discharging their duties not to talk of their unpaid allowances!!

Your useless govt slashed Health and Education budgets but had N27 Billion to give NASS.

God punish your mouth there!!

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Dwanye(m): 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
Because they're slaves meant to render their services for free without pay to go home with to take care of their family.
The things you guys are vomiting here marvels me alot.
You're saying they're essential workers but are they treated as on?
You're here health budget is been sliced, you didn't cough
You're here billions is sent in fumigation, you didn't talk
You're here they're using billions to renovate house of assembly
You're here doctors are dying because of lack of PPE, you didn't talk
The health sector is crumbling
Hospital is understaffed and under equipped
Health workers are paid peanut yet their services are essential and an illiterate fool is earning millions and stealing billions and no one is talking.
Na when person stand up to demand for what he rightfully deserves you guys would vomit all the nonsense you have in your mouth.
Are you even humans
Now they're embarking on a strike to make known their plight every idiot without any idea of the struggles they go through would come out here to vomit nonsense.

#DoctorsAreHumans

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Reference(m): 1:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
A few days ago we were speaking about a former state governor who cut down to pieces the cost of running government to the extent that the state earns hard currency revenues from investment and it was on record that the state remained solvent through the 2014 to 2018 financial crises necessitating bailouts for other states.

They continued with their obligations towards their workers by prudence and deft financial management showing it is possible for Nigeria to get out of poverty and serial financial woes. These are the choices ordinary Nigerians should make at the polls but they cannot live above sentiment so they suffer.

Sorry to ruffle any feathers but will such an ex-governor bein Aso Rock and agree for renovations worth tens of billions and alleged purchase of a building for TCN worth 14 billion when your health workers are daily facing sure pathogenic death with only hankerchiefs tied round their faces.

We are not ready to divorce suffering in this country. The wedding band of sentiment will guarantee that.

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Reference(m): 1:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
Dwanye:
Because they're slaves meant to render their services for free without pay to go home with to take care of their family.
The things you guys are vomiting here marvels me alot.
You're saying they're essential workers but are they treated as on?
You're here health budget is been sliced, you didn't cough
You're here billions is sent in fumigation, you didn't talk
You're here they're using billions to renovate house of assembly
You're here doctors are dying because of lack of PPE, you didn't talk
The health sector is crumbling
Hospital is understaffed and under equipped
Health workers are paid peanut yet their services are essential and an illiterate fool is earning millions and stealing billions and no one is talking.
Na when person stand up to demand for what he rightfully deserves you guys would vomit all the nonsense you have in your mouth.
Are you even humans
Now they're embarking on a strike to make known their plight every idiot without any idea of the struggles they go through would come out here to vomit nonsense.

#DoctorsAreHumans

Don't mind them. Nonsensical citizens. Expecting to reap gold from dross. Where are they when the citizens of the countries they admire turn it upside down to establish justice and equity, good governance, human rights and dignity. They will hide and attack the outspoken to defend their pet oppressors and feudal overlords.

If they can't speak out for the health and wellbeing of health workers they should go treat Covid 19 patients themselves. I have close friends and loved ones at all levels of the health industry and they have spent a fortune protecting themselves from infection out of their pockets, some working crazy shifts since Covid 19 shut down primary health centres and most private hospitals.

Meanwhile government's Covid 19 resources begins and ends with the PTF, barely anything reaches the ground.
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
yeah, prove to us once again that you just want money.
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by tillaman(m): 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
SirWarlock:
ASUU has been on strike since March
nothing seem to work in Nigeria no wonder they are not saying anything about the tertiary institutions

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Bottompot: 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fragility6:
Hypocrites. Doctors and lecturers in Nigeria are wicked and devilish. U saw d trend below of how dose Luth health workers attended to dat dying man same way university lectures devilishly fail students for reasons best known to dem...D govt still have dier own blame bt trust me even if d doctors n lecturers in Nigeria are paid well n given good working conditions, dey would still act unethical n evil to dier subjects.I no know why dey feel dey gods wen doing dier jobs.Its as if wickedness is dier natural habitat

You're the wicked man and the hypocrite here.
So 5k hazard allowance is good payment
People like u are part of the problem
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by InvertedHammer: 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
thesicilian:
It's only in this country that essential workers will threaten to go on strike over deplorable working conditions and the government will ignore them.
/
A country that easily earmarks N25bn "lootable" funds to fix stable NA buildings while neglecting social services. What are the citizens doing? Indifference! Or worse, looking to migrate to places where the citizens fight for their rights. Any more evidence that something is innately wrong with the blacks' mind. Be as it may be, it is extremely difficult for blacks to demand for respect in the global arena when their best are glorified beggars who must be helped to live decent lives. The period we are in calls for introspection but it appears black nations are eternally cursed.

/
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by quietmagic582: 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
You that's a grateful Nigerians, can you explains to us where those all the Billions donated to NCDC to use curbs and preventing them-self during the pandemic went into? ( The President is also releasing a 5 billion Naira (about $13 million) special intervention fund to the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC). )Were you also not in Nigeria when they were getting supports from the well meaning Nigerians I think in this period of time the govt are not to put blames on, they did make provision making for them, Let Dr's drag the so called tops health officials that's represent them at the uppper level they are one who were so corrupt and lost their sense of humanity, It's so sad seeings the Elite use every opportunity comes to fill their pocket, Our leaders have failed us and they weren't even worthy to be called humans. The truth is that Nigerians don't like each other
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by SirWarlock: 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2020
tillaman:
nothing seem to work in Nigeria no wonder they are not saying anything about the tertiary institutions
Nothing. Except when it to enjoyment. Even ASUU isn't saying anything concerning our institutions as per covid
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by onyxo76(m): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
luxy44:
They should be sacked. Silly people! Acting like gods, treating patients like animals
so after sacking them where will you get doctors to work without pay and provision of essential material, even doctor from Togo no go wan come here to work.
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by martinnwani(m): 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
How many times have you been murdered by a doctor.....you sound like an idiot....when don't you go back to school and become a doctor na....you think it's beans....rubbish
somebody.quoteartineverest post=90693872]same doctors that have murdered patients due to their recklessness, negligence and incompetency and still go Scott free?[/quote]
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by SavageMaster: 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
martineverest:
they should stop lieing that no PPE is one of the reasons why they are on strike..... allowances is the reason why they are going on strike.

One N-95 face mask costs #2k plus; I use 3 or more per week, in addition to surgical face mask. That is more than #7k per week on face mask alone. 28k per month.

If I have to source my PPE; one complete set is up to #20k; how many do you think I use in a month?

There are still other things to buy here and there

All these on a salary of how much?

Yes, it is about allowance. Even that allowance, I will spend for my personal protection during this Covid period.

Thanks
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Fragility6: 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
Bottompot:

You're the wicked man and the hypocrite here.
So 5k hazard allowance is good payment
People like u are part of the problem
Reading and comprehending is ur problem work on it
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Fragility6: 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
flyingpig:

I smell enviousness or envy for someone who demands better pay and protection due to the huge risk in their jobs.

Who send you to no become Doctor?
If you think they are too grumpy, perhaps you must understand their working conditions are frustrating and can make any sane man behave unstable.

Nigeria is such a toxic society.
Lol...Envy for wetin?Other professionals in thier field working under same conditions do they behave inhumane like ours? Dey some of una dey think eh...I no see who envy na doctors or lecturers.
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Fragility6: 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
taiwolomo1:
why are u crying E de pain u say your fellow human de fight for their right Blame ur leaders chairman...leave doctors and lecturers alone ogbeni.They have families too! Channel ur energy to those doing us all angry
Am not surprised with diz comment.An average nigerian thinks d govt is his problem
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Fragility6: 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
Bahdsypha:

stupid comment!
Have you ever wondered why Nigerian Doctors are desired abroad?
Have you ever wondered why they are always successful in other countries
Nigerian Doctors are the most amazing people you would ever meet..
They make sacrifices..only to be owed and underappreciated by the people they risk their lives for...
blame the Nigerian Government, leave us alone
Truth is bitter. Two wrongs dont make a right
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Olabode971(f): 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
NOW, EVERY MAN TO HIMSELF;!!! ki eku ile kogbo, koso fun toko. Make house rat hear and inform farm rat!!!! All man To himself!

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by onyxo76(m): 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fragility6:

Lol...Envy for wetin?Other professionals in thier field working under same conditions do they behave inhumane like ours? Dey some of una dey think eh...I no see who envy na doctors or lecturers.
can you tell me why professionals should be working in unfavorable conditions in the first place? why should a professional in whatever field be denied allowances and wages as at when due? or is a normal thing in this country? maybe you can provide answers
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Fragility6: 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
onyxo76:
can you tell me why professionals should be working in unfavorable conditions in the first place? why should a professional in whatever field be denied allowances and wages as at when due? or is a normal thing in this country? maybe you can provide answers
You are just using emotions to judge diz issue. The FG is wrong in evry way on this but am not using dat as an excuse for dier poor treatment of dying patients. Bros reason
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by onyxo76(m): 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad

Everybody just dey misbehave for this country

Essential workers don't go on strike

There are ways to channel their grievances

Not by staging a mass strike
which other way is there to channel their grievances? by kidnapping the health minister? or blocking the expressway? I learnt they had been writing letters giving notices etc but govt no send them, which other way could they have gotten the attention of govt aside this strike?
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by onyxo76(m): 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fragility6:

You are just using emotions to judge diz issue. The FG is wrong in evry way on this but am not using dat as an excuse for dier poor treatment of dying patients. Bros reason
yea I agree but what other options do you and I have if we were in their shoes? then I notice when other health workers go on strike, nobody blame them, but when doctors go on strike everyone starts shouting. the strike of the nurses and other health workers is even worse, those ones will remove your oxygen mask and lock you up in the ward.
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by onyxo76(m): 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fragility6:

there are certain things that are wrong, the doctors have their faults but then why is the system so messed up? why must be there a strike every time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? / 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.