Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,156 members, 7,825,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE (16727 Views)

Edo Resident Doctors Embark On 3-day Warning Strike Over Nonpayment Of Allowance / FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives / COVID-19: Management Reacts To Protest By ESUT Nurses Over ‘lack Of PPE’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Coolcalmcollect(m): 6:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fragility6:
Hypocrites. Doctors and lecturers in Nigeria are wicked and devilish. U saw d trend below of how dose Luth health workers attended to dat dying man same way university lectures devilishly fail students for reasons best known to dem...D govt still have dier own blame bt trust me even if d doctors n lecturers in Nigeria are paid well n given good working conditions, dey would still act unethical n evil to dier subjects.I no know why dey feel dey gods wen doing dier jobs.Its as if wickedness is dier natural habitat
Your papa, go read medicine dey work for free.... Bastard

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fragility6:
Hypocrites. Doctors and lecturers in Nigeria are wicked and devilish. U saw d trend below of how dose Luth health workers attended to dat dying man same way university lectures devilishly fail students for reasons best known to dem...D govt still have dier own blame bt trust me even if d doctors n lecturers in Nigeria are paid well n given good working conditions, dey would still act unethical n evil to dier subjects.I no know why dey feel dey gods wen doing dier jobs.Its as if wickedness is dier natural habitat
. You call them hypocrites? They're only trying to make a statement where other citizens are docile. Imagine a country where law makers lavish themselves with exotic car gifts, slashed budgets for education and health while awarding 27bn naira contract to themselves for renovation of their useless national assembly building; all these happening in the middle of a pandemic, when there's international blockade, instead of proposing measures to fix our dilapidated health and educational system

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Coolcalmcollect(m): 8:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fragility6:

Dem go treat your sick father anyhow the way dem dey treat other people. Goat
doesnt change the fact youre a bastard.
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by YesBoss1(m): 9:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fragility6:

So you acknowledge that they are poorly paid. Let me give you an instance, an N95 mask retails for between 7k and 12k per piece ,depending on where you are buying from. Ideally one piece should be used per day, multiply that by the number of days health workers work per month, government has not provided that, the health workers have to buy by themselves and recycle it till it wares out or till they can afford to buy another. Meanwhile hazard allowance is 5k per month. Let me not even talk about PPE.

If you have a conscience tell me if you'll accept to work under such conditions.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Fragility6: 10:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:

doesnt change the fact youre a bastard.
Neither does it change the fact you are a goat. Uncircumcised idiot
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Fragility6: 10:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
YesBoss1:

So you acknowledge that they are poorly paid. Let me give you an instance, an N95 mask retails for between 7k and 12k per piece ,depending on where you are buying from. Ideally one piece should be used per day, multiply that by the number of days health workers work per month, government has not provided that, the health workers have to buy by themselves and recycle it till it wares out or till they can afford to buy another. Meanwhile hazard allowance is 5k per month. Let me not even talk about PPE.

If you have a conscience tell me if you'll accept to work under such conditions.
I no know why e dey so difficult for some of una to read and comprehend. I neva said dey were working under good conditions neither did i say dey were paid well. All i did was to point out one nonsensical behaviour of doctors n lecturers dat has nutin 2 do with dier pay or good working conditions. There are HODs in school dat still maltreats students weda dey are paid higher or not...Am not talking of pay n working conditions here.
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:23pm On Jun 15, 2020
I sometimes dislike the way Doctors talk although I respect them a lot but I won't cow under pretence. I recalled that when Nurses were saying that they will strike or strike some Doctors in the House were condeming them ahn ahn now? Doctors don't care for patients quote me anyday. Nurses care for patients . Aren't they other health workers? Nurses work in even more delapidating health conditions. Until the so called Supreme ones(DOCTORS) advocate for their subordinates also all this won't end. You all are the comptrollers so care for your people not only doctors. SHIT this country
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by eagleonearth(m): 11:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
Bahdsypha:

Have you heard of the Hippocrates oath?
They swore to take care of themselves first so to be in the best shape to provide health services

A person owed allowances and not given PPE in not in the best state to attend to patients

Ask yourself this, why do Nigerian Doctors perform better abroad?
yea everything boils down to the fact that the country is not working.
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
It s kinda disheartening when It is only about you(Doctors) There are paramedics,lab scientist,security men,pharmacist, janitors as well as many others. We would say all them have their association and can fend for themselves but we for ones. Just Imagine this
*Security workers if govt hospitals(FMC,Teaching hospitals and community hospitals) because of meagre salary. Your defense is that they can also get other ones
* Janitors stop cleaning and strike. Same defense
*Pharmacist strike same defense. Likewise all other workers.
The truth is that "MANY" NOT ALL Doctors are ungrateful and sefish. It is not only you that need PPE they also need . It is not all you that will feed your family they also will.
But many people will not understand this my perspective. But ask yourself if you are a Doctor. "WHAT OF IF THIS PEOPLE ARE NOT AROUND"
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by steveyen(m): 9:11am On Jun 16, 2020
perdollar:
u must b a med lab scientist, they r always jealous of doctors

You are very juvenile and i am tempted to say foolish for this your statement. There is nothing to be jealous about doctor for, but people are just tired the way the act like fools and believing all planet revolve around them.

In the USA, which was struck terribly by COVID-19, there was lack of PPE, ventilators nationwide to the extent that some health workers were using polythene bags as improvised PPE. Did the american doctors go on strike? They keep complaining that they are paid lower than their counterpart in American but they dont have the ethical integrity of those doctors abroad and definite dont work as hard as one. How in the name of God will you be going on strike because of PPE!! If not that they are simply indolent.

They should tell us the main reason they are going on strike which everybody knows, MONEY.

They are other sectors and other professionals. These guys are simple ridiculous. They should go and try private sector if they feel they are not okay with working with govt. Nigeria is in serious economic mess now and recession is looming they dont care about that only their own pocket fools.

By the way I am not lab scientist. This same silly attitude goes for ASUU too.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by perdollar(m): 9:25am On Jun 16, 2020
steveyen:

You are very juvenile and i am tempted to say foolish for this your statement. There is nothing to be jealous about doctor for, but people are just tired the way the act like fools and believing all planet revolve around them.

In the USA, which was struck terribly by COVID-19, there was lack of PPE, ventilators nationwide to the extent that some health workers were using polythene bags as improvised PPE. Did the american doctors go on strike? They keep complaining that they are paid lower than their counterpart in American but they dont have the ethical integrity of those doctors abroad and definite dont work as hard as one. How in the name of God will you be going on strike because of PPE!! If not that they are simply indolent.

They should tell us the main reason they are going on strike which everybody knows, MONEY.

They are other sectors and other professionals. These guys are simple ridiculous. They should go and try private sector if they feel they are not okay with working with govt. Nigeria is in serious economic mess now and recession is looming they dont care about that only their own pocket fools.

I don't know how jobless u r but ds epistle according to u says alot. u can b senseless forever but I don't care. no basis for comparing America n Nigeria in all ramifications. grow up
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by firstone(m): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2020
PPV, Face Shield and N95 Face Mask

Available in bulk purchase
At Affordable Price

Contact us on What's App

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by steveyen(m): 10:15am On Jun 16, 2020
I gave you that epistle so that you can get sense into your thick skull.

There is no basis to compare Nigeria and America yet your do-nothing doctors are crying fool everyday comparing their salary to America.

It is you, maybe you are even one of the useless always-striking doctors cry babies, sitting at home that is jobless. And if you looking for who to grow up talk to yourself and ur ever-striking so-called doctors.

perdollar:
I don't know how jobless u r but ds epistle according to u says alot. u can b senseless forever but I don't care. no basis for comparing America n Nigeria in all ramifications. grow up
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by perdollar(m): 11:28am On Jun 16, 2020
steveyen:
I gave you that epistle so that you can get sense into your thick skull.

There is no basis to compare Nigeria and America yet your do-nothing doctors are crying fool everyday comparing their salary to America.

It is you, maybe you are even one of the useless always-striking doctors cry babies, sitting at home that is jobless. And if you looking for who to grow up talk to yourself and ur ever-striking so-called doctors.

ur momma didn't plan to have u.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by steveyen(m): 11:52am On Jun 16, 2020
people like you are simply laughable. Lack of argument you resort to cheap abuse.

You that your momma plan to have what contribution are you making to the country? Strike Mongers !!

Even the engineers, scientist, pharmacist etc that produce everything u use so that u are not just another village herbalist or native doctor dont go on strike but you guys always on strike. Fools !!!

perdollar:
ur momma didn't plan to have u.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:52am On Jun 16, 2020
steveyen:

You said it all and that is the truth Doctors won't accept. Money,money,money. Many are nuissance. Anybody that trolls you blast them
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by perdollar(m): 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
steveyen:
people like you are simply laughable. Lack of argument you resort to cheap abuse.

You that your momma plan to have what contribution are you making to the country? Strike Mongers !!

Even the engineers, scientist, pharmacist etc that produce everything u use so that u are not just another village herbalist or native doctor dont go on strike but you guys always on strike. Fools !!!

d problem wt u is dt u refused to grow
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by YesBoss1(m): 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
Fragility6:

I no know why e dey so difficult for some of una to read and comprehend. I neva said dey were working under good conditions neither did i say dey were paid well. All i did was to point out one nonsensical behaviour of doctors n lecturers dat has nutin 2 do with dier pay or good working conditions. There are HODs in school dat still maltreats students weda dey are paid higher or not...Am not talking of pay n working conditions here.

I see how comprehensive your comment was, you obviously have a bias you are nursing like an infected wound, pele
Re: Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE by Fragility6: 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2020
YesBoss1:

I see how comprehensive your comment was, you obviously have a bias you are nursing like an infected wound, pele
Back out slowly. You don't hav anytin valid 2 say again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Nigerians Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro For Down Syndrome / Black Men And The Curse Of Shaving Bumps (ingrown Hairs): Help! / Where To Buy Natural Garcinia Cambogia Pills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.