Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. (6756 Views)

Plane Crash Survivor Army General Appointed Commander Artillery Brigade. / The 9 Biggest Political Casualties Of The 2015 Nigerian General Elections / Nigerian General Appointed As AU Standby Force Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by mohadana: 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2007
The Inquirer (Monrovia)

11 June 2007
Posted to the web 11 June 2007

Charles B. Yates

The Government of Liberia over the weekend installed into office the new Commander In Charge, CIC of the armed forces of Liberia, Major General Suraj Alao Abdurrahman.

The ceremony took place at the Ministry of National Defense where senior military officials from both the International Sector and the Government of Liberia graced the occasion.

Major General S.A. Abdurrahman succeeds his countryman, Lt. Genral Luka Yusuf who has been appointed by the Government of Nigeria to serve his country as Chief of staff of the Armed Forces of Nigeria.

Major General S.A. Abdurrahman holds a Philosophy Degree in Arch from Heriot-Watt University in the United Kingdom.

Speaking during the turning over ceremony, the former Commander In Charge of the Armed Forces of Liberia, Lt. L. Yusuf, thanked the Government and People of Liberia for the level of support they rendered him during his stay in Liberia and then urged the Government and People of Liberia to extend the same level of support to the new CIC.

He said, " As a soldier, we go where we are called and I am going to where I have been called to serve. I enjoyed my stay in Liberia and I think I am more Liberian than Nigerian given the fact that I spent much of my time in Liberia," he stated.

Lt. General Yusuf disclosed that his new appointment to serve as Chief of Staff in the Nigerian Army would influence more support for Liberia from the Nigerian Government.

"I am not going to break ties with Liberia but rather I am going to assist the new General back here with any necessary support that he will need for the army of Liberia," he promised.

The Nigerian Army boss left with strong words of encouragement for the AfL, saying, " the new army should be in the position to carry out any mission without looking back; they should see themselves as servants and not servers."

He said he would work along with his successor to make sure that the new AFL gets the best opportunity like any other member of the ECOWAS State.

Additionally, the Minister of National Defense, Brownie Samukai, lauded General Yusuf for his hard work he carried out while he was in charge of the AFL and wished him all the best in his new appointment.

In a related development, President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf has conferred the Honor of Distinguished Service on Lieutenant General Luka Nyeh Yusuf, outgoing Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of Liberia (AFL).

At a conferral ceremony on Friday, the President thanked Lt.Gen. Yusuf for performing his duty and building bridges between Liberia and Nigeria. The President, according to an Executive Mansion release, described the performance of Lieutenant-General Yusuf, as a reflection of the appreciation of the Nigerian government and thanked the West African nation for allowing Lt.Gen. Yusuf to serve Liberia.

In response, Lt.Gen. Yusuf thanked President Johnson-Sirleaf for the honor, noting that he sees himself more a Liberian than a Nigerian. The outgoing Chief of Staff also thanked the Ministry of National Defense family for its support and cordial working relationship during his tour of duty.

Lt.Gen. Yusuf has been recalled by the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to serve as Chief of Army Staff of the Nigerian Army.

The ceremony was witnessed by UNMIL Boss Alan Doss, the Cabinet, members of the diplomatic corps and officials of the Nigerian Community in Liberia.

The Honor of Distinguished Service is the highest distinction Liberia confers on a soldier for bravery and valor. It was enacted into law in 1910 by an act of the National legislature during the Presidency of Arthur Barclay

"They should be ashamed of themselves. They are hereby dismissed with ignominy and with immediate effect", Brigadier(later General)Murtala Ramat Muhammed,commenting in a nationwide broadcast on 10 of the 12 Gowon-era military governors found to have corruptly enriched themselves while in office.

" I look towards the bench and all I see are kangaroos" , a defiant Ken Saro Wiwa,addressing the Justice Ibrahim Auta-led Tribunal after the sentence of death was passed on him

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by MetaPhysical: 5:02am On Apr 05, 2020
Certain people no go near this post at all at all. grin

Since 2007!

If these Generals were from a certain part this thread would reach 100 pages of chest beating. grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by MetaPhysical: 5:03am On Apr 05, 2020
Good morning Nairaland! grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by tricksters: 5:40am On Apr 05, 2020
Since 2007 ?!

I can imagine it was a jew that was appointed the rest of the tribes in Nigeria would be in soup by now. You will read headlines such as

Igbos appointed as warlord in heaven but hated in Nigeria.

Igbo appointed to lead star War but Nigeria don't appreciate it own

Some would even say God replace angel Michael with an Igbo to lead Armageddon

Competence appointment win over tribalism n Xenophobia

The level of foolishness n ridiculousness you'd see in the comment section you would have tot it was an igbo that brought about the Renaissance or the computer age yet Abia is still a shithole of poo every Igbo can't wait to be evacuated from by Ifesinachi Ekenedili n other to lagos n other SW state they love to hate so they can atleast earn a living while they continue to wallow in hate.

E b like say Igbo no Amaka again O for the Igbo appointee Weah withdrew his appointment. I pray foolishness of a tribe don't ruin the chances their tribesmen

ugotex85:
It is only in Nigeria that the value of an Igbo man isn't appreciated. In saner climes Igbos are given sensitive positions and they deliver. In the 1950s and 1960s when Igbos held sway in sensitive positions Nigeria was functioning well and growing in optimum speed, but look at now that Igbos are sidelined and judge for yourself how the country has faired.
EVILFOREST:
Igbo Amaka
Blackfire:
Why are they always appointing this Igbo people in foreign lands

They are not the only one in the country, there is Hausa and Fulani ...
horsepower102:
Another one.

Igbo Amaka jare

Lalasticlala over to you.
ImmaculateJOE:
Wow.. Nigerians be making names for themselves outside the enclave called Zoogeria
PDJT:
[s][/s]

-Same way your people rigged the illiterate cow into Nigerian government.

-Keep crying, because you just realized that Igbo Amaka! tongue
TooMuchStuff:
We live to conquer every territory we found ourselves. Competition over Quota
Unlike the QuotaSystem assisted Almajiris of the poverty-stricken north...!

Igbo Amaka,,,,!
junketer:
Even before i opened the thread i knew it would be an igbo man. Merit----------igbo
mrvitalis:
Lol Nigeria can deny igbos all they want ...when the right time comes ....we go know
obowo69:
The correct title: President Weah appoints a Liberian of Igbo Decent as new NEC Boss

Notice how Igbos excel in the political sphere all over the world in multiple countries yet Nigerians keep telling us Igbos are not good in politics.

The number of Igbos in elected positions, appointed national ministries and in some cases military generals is still far greater than other groups in Nigeria combined.

Outsiders who value merit do not hesitate to elect or appoint Igbos in leadership positions.

MelesZenawi:
It will always end in Igbo amaka.

Op point of correction, he is not a Nigerian. How do you prove that the man is a Nigerian?

The headline is purely misleading. Give it the best caption please

You are infringing onthe right of this man by declaring him a Nigerian.

Odingo1:
Igbo Amaka

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by Hoephase: 5:43am On Apr 05, 2020
Liberia is one unfortunate country.

I am not sure between our president and theirs who is more useless?

George Weah thought running a country was easy. After running his mouth and all the hype nothing to show for it.

Modified : I have seen some unfortunate souls insulting their fathers thinking they are insulting me. You all can sit in your villagesvand yarn trash.. My SIL is from Liberia been there and follows the politics of that country. And for the tribal bigot my post has nothing to do with the appointment. You had better think twice before you say shit to me.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by helinues: 5:51am On Apr 05, 2020
Major General Suraj Alao Abdurrahman

Congratulations to him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by helinues: 5:52am On Apr 05, 2020
Hoephase:

George Weah thought running a country was easy. After running his mouth and all the hype nothing to show for it.

Why did you say this? What do you know about Liberia?

Have you been to that same Liberia before or why all this hatred?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by tricksters: 5:52am On Apr 05, 2020
No go wail to death.

Instead of you to be asking Okonjo to resign from Ramaphosa cabinet you are here wailing like a lunatic over Liberians rejecting an igbo appointee.

Are Liberians slaughtering you in droves like South Africans are doing yet you despicable soul can accept appointments into their presidential cabinet.

I wonder the kind of uproar NL would have experienced if it was a Yoruba or Hausa that accepted such appointment.

Hoephase:

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by APCNig: 6:08am On Apr 05, 2020
Hoephase:

This one is another educated illiterate

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by realstars: 6:17am On Apr 05, 2020
I Hope He Didnot Bribe His Way To That Post?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by Noneroone(m): 6:28am On Apr 05, 2020
This people must be having an anti Igbo disorder. They destroyed their own thread comparing themselves to Igbo's.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by agulion: 6:34am On Apr 05, 2020
Yoruba Muslims are are making this forum boring with their dirty fight

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by EagleNest(m): 7:06am On Apr 05, 2020
When will these unnecessary stone throwing by deluded ethnic jingoist end? They've just ruined this thread. Competition is good, yes, but it has to be healthy and progressive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by meccuno: 7:11am On Apr 05, 2020
Yoruba Muslims the weed in the South West. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 05, 2020
2007... when Nigeria was still sane and united..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by Hoephase: 8:15am On Apr 05, 2020
APCNig:

This one is another educated illiterate

Ode it seems that your father you used to insult first thing in the morning hasn't been since the lock down and your mother's boyfriend who has more spin than your educated illiterate father won't take shit from you, now you want to insult me abi.

My sister in law is from Liberia visited there a couple of times.

You will sit in your village and swallow everything you read online. Oponu. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by successmatters(m): 8:17am On Apr 05, 2020
The chest beating tribe are here again to beat their dry, hairless chests for a 2012 incident grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by GamalNasser: 8:18am On Apr 05, 2020
Congrats
Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by successmatters(m): 8:19am On Apr 05, 2020
Noneroone:
This people must be having an anti Igbo disorder. They destroyed their own thread comparing themselves to Igbo's.

They sleep and wake up daily being pursued by imaginary Igbos grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by Hoephase: 8:22am On Apr 05, 2020
helinues:

Why did you say this? What do you know about Liberia?

Have you been to that same Liberia before or why all this hatred?

If you most know my SIL is from Liberia. George Weah is just a typical African leader they are all the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by backnbeta(f): 8:23am On Apr 05, 2020
undecided
Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by Ogegeodey(m): 8:24am On Apr 05, 2020
Hausa Amaka.

Our records during the civil war in Liberia and Serrie Leone will remain fresh in their minds.

As a nation, other nations find us worthy of trust but we always disappoint them with corruption.

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by Tumbulum: 8:30am On Apr 05, 2020
For a thread without a verifiable source,they are already calling my beloved tribe.

For your information, we would always be ten times ahead all of you in this country. So quit the hate and concentrate on your damn self.

Now what kind of country makes a foreigner their army chief? The country must be a useless country to do that. The highest countries do is to go for private military contractors.

Anyway I leave you low level beasts with your igbophobia.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by helinues: 8:33am On Apr 05, 2020
Hoephase:

If you most know my SIL is from Liberia. George Weah is just a typical African leader they are all the same.

For appointing a Nigerian?
Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by Hoephase: 8:43am On Apr 05, 2020
helinues:

For appointing a Nigerian?

Did you read anywhere in my comments where I castigate this particular appointment?
Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:21am On Apr 05, 2020
News! Give us link

1 Like

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by wingmanIII: 9:42am On Apr 05, 2020
Who dug up a 2007 thread? For what purpose/objective?
This is stupid!
The current army Chief in Liberia:

General Prince Charles Johnson III, is appointed by Mr. Weah as new Chief of Staff of the AFL with immediate effect. He is appointed with the rank of Major General, pending confirmation by the Liberian Senate. When confirmed by the Senate, retired Gen.Jan 23, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by Odkosh: 10:59am On Apr 05, 2020
Tumbulum:
For a thread without a verifiable source,they are already calling my beloved tribe.

For your information, we would always be ten times ahead all of you in this country. So quit the hate and concentrate on your damn self.

Now what kind of country makes a foreigner their army chief? The country must be a useless country to do that. The highest countries do is to go for private military contractors.

E pain this one to bone marrow. Ndo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by Tumbulum: 11:09am On Apr 05, 2020
Odkosh:
E pain this one to bone marrow. Ndo
Igbo people is 10 times ahead all of you. Quote me anywhere

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by LivingSage: 11:10am On Apr 05, 2020
Beautiful.
Meanwhile, see deluded souls below
Tumbulum:
Igbo people is 10 times ahead all of you. Quote me anywhere

Tumbulum:

meccuno:
Yoruba Muslims the weed in the South West. grin

agulion:
Yoruba Muslims are are making this forum boring with their dirty fight

realstars:
I Hope He Didnot Bribe His Way To That Post?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian General Appointed Liberian Army Chief. by RenaissanceGuy: 11:45am On Apr 05, 2020
See supposed adults fighting over a 2007 thread and some even insulting George Weah who became a president just about 2 years ago. What a shame.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

BayelsaTV Ends Live Programme After Guests Criticised Govt's Inefficiency / PDP Lawyers To Party: You Can’t Stop Buhari In Court / Nigerians Be Wise. There's A Scam Going On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.