Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,291 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe (2666 Views)

Governor Adeleke Creates Imole Youth Corps, Dissolves O-YES In Osun State / Biafra: "I Used To Lecture Abaribe On How To Live In Prison" - Shehu Sani (Pix) / Northern Women Protest In Abuja, Demand Referendum For South-East To Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by ariwaonye: 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
The Minority Leader in the Nigerian Senate, Mr. Enyinnaya Abaribe has said that in a hypothetical referendum for Biafra, he would vote yes. He made the declaration in an interview with Rudolf Okonkwo of Irokopost TV. “I will vote for us to actually be on our own,” he said. “I think we are being dragged down by all the different things that weigh Nigeria down.”

The senator representing Abia-South Constituency in the Senate, however, warned that the Nigerian constitution does not have a provision for a referendum. “Which means, if you want a referendum, you have to go outside the constitution,” he continued. “Jettisoning the 1999 constitution requires having a meeting of all the different groups in Nigeria and having them agree to set that constitution aside and have a conference to agree on a new thing.” He said those who are benefiting from the current structure would always ignore that suggestion.

Mr. Abaribe challenged different Biafran groups to come together under one umbrella to avoid dissipating energy needed to focus and get to a particular position. “While we look for getting out of Nigeria, we should also, at this time, use the resources that we have to be able to make our homeland a better place for us,” he insisted. “Because if we are not doing anything with the resources that we already have, what is the guarantee that going into Biafra will give us a better frame of mind?”
https://www.easternpilot.com/2020/06/biafra-i-will-vote-yes-in-referendum.html?m=1

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by Simplyleo: 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
Me too.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by richie240: 4:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sharp gye cashing out both ways! grin
"Biafra or death" in Aba; "One Nigeria" in abuja!
Sense wee nor kee somborri!
grin

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by OJODEL10(m): 4:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
it seems the igbo are reasoning together

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by ariwaonye: 4:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
Those most courageous and outspoken Politician from the eastern extraction...
I salute you sir.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by Asgard13: 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Biafra matter ...

First two posters. ... Yoruba people..

Ain’t that crazy?

There’s a big problem in Yoruba land.... Biafra the name that wakes even Oduduwa and his fowl from snorin..

Insecured humans everywhere

Abaribe we sight you.. Respect!

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by Nyamuri: 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hahaha delusional nyamuri flat.head!! Second class citizen, that's why know one trust u guys with power, bcuz the only reason ur laying low and playing along its cuz u don't have power in hand

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by jlinkd78(m): 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
Brave senator

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by lastmessenger: 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nyamuri:
Hahaha delusional nyamuri flat.head!! Second class citizen, that's why know one trust u guys with power, bcuz the only reason ur laying low and playing along its cuz u don't have power in hand
and who are you? Do you work with CBN,NNPC,FIRS etc ? I'm sure the answer is no.Keep defending the owners of Nigeria while they smile to the Bank.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by DTutu1: 4:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
Pls start by bringing your colleagues on the same page.
Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by IJOBA2: 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
CHAI MY BRETHREN NOR GO SLEEP WELL THIS NIGHTsad

MUYIKEM
THROWBACK
SLAWORMIR
ALLTHINGSGOOD
WALEDEJI
LZAA
IMHOTEP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nyamuri:

Before it was no senator, Governor supports Biafra now you're bittered abaribe said he had vote BIAFRA if REFERENDUM IS CONDUCTED TODAY.... YOU GUYS ARE REALLY SICK IN THE HEAD

Your father's already said THEY WILL NEVER TRUST LEADERSHIP IN THE HANDS OF IGBO MAN.... WHY?

BECAUSE ANY DAY AN IGBO MAN BECOMES PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA HE WILL DIVIDE THE ZOO FOR ALL MAN TO GO HIS WAY

NOW MY QUESTION IS: why have your forefathers, your fathers and you still scared of Nigeria breaking up.... Can't you guys just stand on your own.... Is it so difficult to do?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by IJOBA2: 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
ezenwajosh:

Before it was no senator, Governor supports Biafra now you're bittered abaribe said he had vote BIAFRA if REFERENDUM IS CONDUCTED TODAY.... YOU GUYS ARE REALLY SICK IN THE HEAD

Your father's already said THEY WILL NEVER TRUST LEADERSHIP IN THE HANDS OF IGBO MAN.... WHY?

BECAUSE ANY DAY AN IGBO MAN BECOMES PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA HE WILL DIVIDE THE ZOO FOR ALL MAN TO GO HIS WAY

NOW MY QUESTION IS: why have your forefathers, your fathers and you still scared of Nigeria breaking up.... Can't you guys just stand on your own.... Is it so difficult to do?

BITTERNESS IS IN OUR DNA

PARDON US SIRE

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by kayfra: 4:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Finally, Biafra has an ally in the Senate.

Can you all now get together in a single party and start meaningful conversations about getting a referendum?

We can finally be done with the noise once and for all

I am happy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
IJOBA2:
CHAI MY BRETHREN NOR GO SLEEP WELL THIS NIGHTsad

MUYIKEM
THROWBACK
SLAWORMIR
ALLTHINGSGOOD
WALEDEJI
LZAA
IMHOTEP
afamed right now

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by SLAP44: 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
kayfra:
Finally, Biafra has an ally in the Senate.

Can you all now get together in a single party and start meaningful conversations about getting a referendum?

We can finally be done with the noise once and for all

I am happy grin

Rome wasn't built in a day. The right things are happening gradually. All good things take a bit of time. You can't get pregnant and give birth same day.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by Okoroawusa: 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
Akuko ndi politicians. Move for a referendum u r an official of this 9th Senate. So you don't know that as minority leader you are a principal leader of the national assembly?

Be deceiving some people not me.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by BlowYourMind: 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
What is he waiting for, the ballot boxes are before him
Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by jidamsel43(m): 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
Then he should move the motion in the upper chamber

1 Like

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by Finnese001: 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
MAN THEM
Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by BlackfireX: 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
DSS should arrest him immediately

1 Like

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by amuwo1980: 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
Asgard13:
Biafra matter ...

First two posters. ... Yoruba people..

Ain’t that crazy?

There’s a big problem in Yoruba land.... Biafra the name that wakes even Oduduwa and his fowl from snorin..

Insecured humans everywhere

Abaribe we sight you.. Respect!

But why? Why the Yorubas seems even more terrified that others of the self determination stand of the igbos and these Yoruba ppl are well educated. So what’s the irrational fear

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by Asgard13: 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
amuwo1980:

But why? Why the Yorubas seems even more terrified that others of the self determination stand of the igbos and these Yoruba ppl are well educated. So what’s the irrational fear

Fear

1 Like

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by Masterkernel1: 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nyamuri:

What power? Same power that has ruined Northern Nigeria, the poverty capital of the world, home of 3rd and 4th deadliest terrorist groups in the world. 4rd highest IDP in the world, highest out of school children, Illiteracy base of the world.

The power in the North is killing one another either by bandits, terrorists or herdsmen.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by 2special(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by Charmingrascal(m): 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
richie240:
Sharp gye cashing out both ways! grin "Biafra or death" in Aba; "One Nigeria" in abuja! Sense wee nor kee somborri! grin

You know what's up

Chop am!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by Charmingrascal(m): 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
richie240:
Sharp gye cashing out both ways! grin "Biafra or death" in Aba; "One Nigeria" in abuja! Sense wee nor kee somborri! grin

You know what's up

Chop am!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by cosef: 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
Great Abaribe...respect!

ewedu monkey make una wail die, nobody send una.

No yoruba president in 2023. yoruba na glorified minority wey dey lose election back to back since 1959. grin

If you doubt am, go and ask awolowo in his grave.
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe by alphaRego01(m): 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ok sir.buh ur vote wont cunt.sorry count

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Akara Seller Who Got Political Appointment In Nnewi (photos) / An Igbo Man Tells It All: How Azikwe Betrayed Awolowo / President Muhammadu Buhari Sits On A Chair While In The Mosque (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.