Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria (57390 Views)

Volunteering Opportunities In Education And Technology Around Us / Paid Volunteering Job Available. / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 2:55am On Jul 10, 2020
solfard:

This is not allowed here! Better edit your post or be banned from nairaland!!!
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 2:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
SkillUp is Nigeria’s first mobile App specially designed as a sustainable solution to workplace skills deficiencies that make Nigerian students unemployable in the 21st-century workplace.

If you are a Nigerian undergraduate who loves Social media, learning, meeting people and need real life workplace experience that positions you for career growth, You should be a SkillUp Champ!

As a SkillUp Campus Champ, You'll be joining an exclusive network of students leading the workplace skill drive in your institution. You get to enjoy unlimited access to stipends for monthly data subscription, win amazing gift prizes on the SkillUp Liveshow and meet industry experts in your field of interest.

Please note that these positions are only open to active users on the SkillUp Mobile App, becoming an app user is free and easy, just download the SkillUp Mobile App.

Download app here for android users; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skillupnigeria

Download for IPhone users: https://skillupnigeria.org/

To volunteer click this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnugLsB1E-Ln8jNi_BcfsSpvNYrgH2M8yIipWU68YxWjwM9Q/viewform

2 Shares

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
As Volunteers every dime counts!

In line with the first *Sustainable Development Goals, SDGS 1*, which is "No poverty", Volunteer Hub Africa will be organizing an online financial conference, tagged "The Financially Intelligent Volunteer".

VHA is one of the largest group of volunteers in Nigeria.
_
Let's face it, money and finance is of importance to us, how can we make more money? How can we build up and manage a great financial portfolio, while making impacts that last?

�Seven Outstanding speakers!
�Seven enlightening topics!
�One big platform!
�An awesome lifetime investment...
�..and a financially literate outcome!!

Are we ready for a life changing opportunity?
We are eagerly anticipating and yes, we are as excited as you are!

For a one time fee of N1000 you get access to all this for the next two weeks!

To register click here: https://paystack.com/pay/volunteershubafrica-vha

Don't miss out on a once in a lifetime opportunity!!

1 Share

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by Mczigx(m): 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
*#OpportunityAlert*
*#JoinToday*
#��‍♂️��‍♀️��‍♂️��‍♀️��‍♂️��‍♀️

Hi everyone. An NGO is supporting our company - Havilah & Hills, with scholarship for 5 young people from 'opportunity-scarce' communities to learn Graphics and Design in our Fellowship programme.

Their fee of 50k is completely paid and they will get access to laptops, stipends, feeding and great mentors from across the world for 3 months. They will be trained as Designers either for web or advertising, and seconded to a company for a total of 6 months, where they will be able to earn with the skills while still on the programme.

Please if you know anyone that can benefit from this share with them to register here@

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScItd-ysTPl1TQ26FA5ifEkG7qGQv_7LeBhyjnT9ng2WfLQLQ/viewform

*#Learn More@*:
www.gracemaxmedia.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by fearlesschicken: 12:08am On Jul 16, 2020
Mczigx:
*#OpportunityAlert*
*#JoinToday*

Hi everyone. An NGO is supporting our company - Havilah & Hills, with scholarship for 5 young people from 'opportunity-scarce' communities to learn Graphics and Design in our Fellowship programme.

Their fee of 50k is completely paid and they will get access to laptops, stipends, feeding and great mentors from across the world for 3 months. They will be trained as Designers either for web or advertising, and seconded to a company for a total of 6 months, where they will be able to earn with the skills while still on the programme.

Please if you know anyone that can benefit from this share with them to register here@

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScItd-ysTPl1TQ26FA5ifEkG7qGQv_7LeBhyjnT9ng2WfLQLQ/viewform

*#Learn More@*:
www.gracemaxmedia.com

This is great!!
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
Hey guys!

Who missed me? grin. So I got banned for a few days by Anti-spam due to a link I posted here. Hence my inactivity. This is not the first time though but we move!!

I hope we are doing well? Anyways, I was part of the UN Volunteers Global technical meeting on "Reimagining Volunteering for the SDG 2030 Agenda" which held for 4 days straight.

As a volunteer or inspiring volunteer, you should read go on the Sdgs, know where you stand and understand each goals and its missions.

For the summary on the meeting I attended please check out my thread on twitter to download the files. Also please do well to follow me smiley
https://twitter.com/EminentSconsult/status/1283747422645215232?s=19

If you want to chat with me, please view the link in my signature. My mail is having issues so I can't respond if you send me a mail via nairaland platform. You can DM me on twitter as well to get responses.

You are free to also ask me questions here. Thank you guys for your support and don't forget to share with friends

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
KingofHearts check this out. Send me a DM. Please

1 Like

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 7:45am On Jul 17, 2020
Call for Volunteers by Women Impacting Africa (WIN)

This year we are on a mission to impact A MILLION LIVES. We need your help! Are you passionate about helping others and making the world a better place? Do you have good social skills? are you hard working working and dedicated? Do you want to enhance your CV and leadership skills.

If you want to take your impact experience to the next level and get more involved in charity work we have the following volunteer roles available in our WIN Volunteer program 2020.

Requirements: 6-10 hours/week

Applications are on a rolling basis : There are so many ways to volunteer

PUTTING SKILLS INTO ACTION
•Business Development
•Admin Executive
•Project Administrator
•Public Relations Officer
•Photographer/Videographer
•Content designer/ Writer/•Blogger
•Accountant/Treasury Officer
•Social Media Strategist
•Sales and Marketing Officer
•Charity Shop -Sales assistant
•Outreaches and Advocacy
•Teaching and Training
•Research and Development
•Monitoring and Evaluation
•Fundraising
•Grants writer

•Programs Coordinators:
Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa-Ibom, Anambra, Buachi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross-River, Delta, Ekiti, Jigawa, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba

•Lagos State Representative

•Lagos State Zonal and Project Coordinators:
Agege, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Alimosho, Apapa, Epe, Eti-Osa Ifajo-Ijaye, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Mushin, Oshodi-Isolo, Surulere, Somolu

Please kindly send your CVs and cover letters with the role in the subject title to hr@womenimpactingnigeria.org,

If you want to become an official for outreaches, please sign up here
https://womenimpactingnigeria.org/volunteering-initiatives-2/

Read more on the organization here: https://womenimpactingnigeria.org/
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 7:47am On Jul 17, 2020
Mczigx:
*#OpportunityAlert*
*#JoinToday*

*#Learn More@*:
www.gracemaxmedia.com
Great. Is this over? Just 5 people woukd be put on full scholarship?
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by Vasgas: 7:56am On Jul 17, 2020
joywendy:
Call for Volunteers by Women Impacting Africa (WIN)

This year we are on a mission to impact A MILLION LIVES. We need your help! Are you passionate about helping others and making the world a better place? Do you have good social skills? are you hard working working and dedicated? Do you want to enhance your CV and leadership skills.

If you want to take your impact experience to the next level and get more involved in charity work we have the following volunteer roles available in our WIN Volunteer program 2020.

Requirements: 6-10 hours/week

Applications are on a rolling basis : There are so many ways to volunteer

PUTTING SKILLS INTO ACTION
•Business Development
•Admin Executive
•Project Administrator
•Public Relations Officer
•Photographer/Videographer
•Content designer/ Writer/•Blogger
•Accountant/Treasury Officer
•Social Media Strategist
•Sales and Marketing Officer
•Charity Shop -Sales assistant
•Outreaches and Advocacy
•Teaching and Training
•Research and Development
•Monitoring and Evaluation
•Fundraising
•Grants writer

•Programs Coordinators:
Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa-Ibom, Anambra, Buachi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross-River, Delta, Ekiti, Jigawa, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba

•Lagos State Representative

•Lagos State Zonal and Project Coordinators:
Agege, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Alimosho, Apapa, Epe, Eti-Osa Ifajo-Ijaye, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Mushin, Oshodi-Isolo, Surulere, Somolu

Please kindly send your CVs and cover letters with the role in the subject title to hr@womenimpactingnigeria.org,

If you want to become an official for outreaches, please sign up here
https://womenimpactingnigeria.org/volunteering-initiatives-2/

Read more on the organization here: https://womenimpactingnigeria.org/
Thanks joywendy

This is open to only women abi?
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by ThisZee: 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Great thread! I would love to post some of these opportunities on the 'graduate catalyst NG' telegram group. A lot of graduates will need such opportunities to gain work experience.

Everyone else can join the platform, just search for Graduate catalyst NG.
It's a new platform.
Cheers!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by Richdee1(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
ThisZee:
Great thread! I would love to post some of these opportunities on the 'graduate catalyst NG' telegram group. A lot of graduates will need such opportunities to gain work experience.

It's a new platform.
Cheers!

You mean on Google?
is it .NG??

Please explain better
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by ThisZee: 11:29am On Jul 18, 2020
Richdee1:

You mean on Google?
is it .NG??

Please explain better

It's a platform on telegram.
Just search for Graduate Catalyst NG on telegram and join the group
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
Our Q and A session is up now. Kindly watch.

We answered the following questions:
1. How does one prepare for a volunteer interview, what could be asked and what are they looking out for?
2. Is it normal that a volunteering organization ask people who want to volunteer for them for membership fee?
3. Is there still opening in UNV for people above 30?
4. How long does someone have to volunteer before considering it as a job experience when applying for jobs?
5. Where can someone find volunteering opportunities out of Nigeria? (In Cameroon for example) Are there any websites for that?

To make it easier for everyone here are the time stamp
Introduction 0.00-0:55
Question 1 0.56-2:29
Question 2 2:30-3:21
Question 3 3:22- 3:49
Question 4 3:50- 4:16
Question 5 4:17- 5:08

Constructive criticism is welcome. Thank you

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CC00tfAFv5n/?igshid=1vwzwbd3d5gsx

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Vasgas:

Thanks joywendy

This is open to only women abi?

Sorry, I missed this. Yes I think its for women. I have been trying to reach out to the org to confirm no response yet. Though from their pictures and social media, I hardly saw guys.

1 Like

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
ThisZee:

It's a new platform.
Cheers!

Great. It would be great of you could tag us when mentioning the opportunities too. smiley
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by Vasgas: 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
joywendy:

Sorry, I missed this. Yes I think its for women. I have been trying to reach out to the org to confirm no response yet. Though from their pictures and social media, I hardly saw guys.
okay
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 9:51am On Jul 20, 2020
joywendy:
Our Q and A session is up now. Kindly watch.

We answered the following questions:
1. How does one prepare for a volunteer interview, what could be asked and what are they looking out for?
2. Is it normal that a volunteering organization ask people who want to volunteer for them for membership fee?
3. Is there still opening in UNV for people above 30?
4. How long does someone have to volunteer before considering it as a job experience when applying for jobs?
5. Where can someone find volunteering opportunities out of Nigeria? (In Cameroon for example) Are there any websites for that?

To make it easier for everyone here are the time stamp
Introduction 0.00-0:55
Question 1 0.56-2:29
Question 2 2:30-3:21
Question 3 3:22- 3:49
Question 4 3:50- 4:16
Question 5 4:17- 5:08

Constructive criticism is welcome. Thank you

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CC00tfAFv5n/?igshid=1vwzwbd3d5gsx

For those of us who can't access instagram, the full video is on our telegram group.

If you have questions on volunteering and nonprofits that you would love to be answered. Kindly fill this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeEo059RifM1SQs2JbbZhBdpYD7QtILTREDMyfLhGf8G4w7QA/viewform

The Q and A session will be held biweekly on Sundays 2pm. The next one is on August 2nd. If you want your questions to be among quickly fill now, we only do 5 questions. Thank you.
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 10:01am On Jul 20, 2020
Volunteer at Hug place

The Hug Place is a non-profit organization focused on helping victims of gender-based violence, in particular sexual violence, overcome the psychological effects of rape and sexual violence while fighting against the culture of silence around gender-based violence.

Are you looking for a place to volunteer?

Are you looking to contribute to the fight against GBV?

Join their team and lend your voice.

You can volunteer here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSccortK3_0zrU7lxeeiplzSCS3oPC8-MSwAwvQyuU1wRT3ubw/viewform

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by blueskies(f): 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hello @joywendy, pls can i get volunteering platforms that have to do with public health, medical research or food security?

1 Like

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 7:58am On Jul 22, 2020
blueskies:
Hello @joywendy, pls can i get volunteering platforms that have to do with public health, medical research or food security?

Hi,Yes you can. Just follow up with my telegram group,I will try to get opportunities in that area
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by Cyberfemtex(m): 8:12am On Jul 22, 2020
joywendy:

Hi,Yes you can. Just follow up with my telegram group,I will try to get opportunities in that area

What's the link to the telegram group

1 Like

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by blueskies(f): 10:03am On Jul 22, 2020
joywendy:

Okay, Pls share the telegram group.

1 Like

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
blueskies:

Okay, Pls share the telegram group.
Cyberfemtex:

What's the link to the telegram group

Hey guys. Check my signature and join through there. I can't post the link. I won't want to get banned again by the Anti-spam bot. Thank you smiley
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by blueskies(f): 8:50am On Jul 23, 2020
joywendy:

Hey guys. Check my signature and join through there. I can't post the link. I won't want to get banned again by the Anti-spam bot. Thank you smiley

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by Mczigx(m): 12:00pm On Jul 23, 2020
Best International Development Job sites

You can go through the sites listed here,

there are over 140 of them, where you can get Volunteering or Salaried jobs

https://link.medium.com/hYEX4q4Ol8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by Mczigx(m): 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2020
joywendy:

Great. Is this over? Just 5 people woukd be put on full scholarship?

It's over

1 Like

Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 11:39pm On Jul 24, 2020
Job Title: Volunteer Secretary
We are in dear need of Volunteer Secretary at the Hope Foundation.
Responsibilities
Must be able to work online
Must be a good editor
Male/Female
Any state or country
NB: You only get N5,000 for Data Subscription Every Month.
No Salary Attached.
Send your Application to nimmo4real@gmail.com
Re: Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria by joywendy(f): 11:44pm On Jul 24, 2020
Current Activities of PSN-YPG Lagos

1. World Hepatitis Day 2020: CALL FOR PHARMACIST VOLUNTEERS
�Registration Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1snXLefeeeEyjBAxU-8M9pMDoYnZyf2FMEpZsPYMJpSA/viewform?ts=5ef5b6df&edit_requested=true

2. GAIN NEW SKILLS FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
�Join WhatsApp Group Link:
https:// /KPKXtUedNel3eLDJq9ugVP

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Petrol Station Manager Dies In An Underground Tank In Delta State / Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today / Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.