Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG (40948 Views)

Pregnant Women In Nysc Camps / Photos From Recent NYSC Camps Carnival / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by johnzadok: 11:59am On Jun 16, 2020
Scrape NYSC for two good years? without any other positive plan for young graduate. Our leaders want to eradicate unemployment one of the best way to achieve that is through NYSC. There should be two months orientation camp in which every one will learn any handwork of his/her choice after the two months training the monthly payment Federal Govt. suppose pay Monthly should be given or paid to their account once, to establish themselves.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by ayenale1(m): 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2020
The economic team should also consider reducing lawmakers jumbo pay.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
I still remain of the opinion that the NYSC scheme be scrapped.

What is the cost-benefit analysis of the scheme? The primary purpose is to foster unity but the scheme itself has become so corrupt that the very purpose of its founding has been altogether defeated. In other words, government is merely throwing funds down the drain.

Also, why is the orientation camping still being militarized? We understand that the scheme is the creation of a military regime, but we are in a democratic era, and yet the scheme remains largely unamended. The very confused scope of the organization leaves it open to failure, rather than significant progress toward the foundational goal. What is the NYSC? A job opportunity scheme? A seminar, a vocational program, a unity fostering program or all of the above? There is no problem if the scheme is packed full with these programs, but the problem is that a scheme that has failed on its foundational promise will eventually fail on every added programs.

Programs for fostering unity should be included in the education of our children right from preschool. That is where the parents come in. You don't force unity on people after they leave the universities or polytechnics.

The scheme is just a waste of money, lacks direction, lacks the ingredients needed to unite a divided country like Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by golddare: 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
Crownbefitsme:

https://www.thecable.ng/consider-suspending-nysc-camps-for-2-years-osinbajo-committee-tells-fg
Do online orientation now, people should serve in their various community or you pay the alawee to various potential corpers because it wont be funny ooo, no be now that you have increased the alawee.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by golddare: 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
Crownbefitsme:

https://www.thecable.ng/consider-suspending-nysc-camps-for-2-years-osinbajo-committee-tells-fg
Do online orientation now, people should serve in their various community or you pay the alawee to various potential corpers because it wont be funny ooo, no be now that you have increased the alawee. New corpers no be so?
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by godstino(m): 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
They should scrap this thing.

1 Like

Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by DEADALIVE: 12:26pm On Jun 16, 2020
Instead of giving them exemption certificate stating covid19 as a factor....so that the graduates can find jobs or focus else where....Now u want them to wait for 2 years...this country self why dem no give reasonable people wey sabi think opportunity to at least be in government for once.
Just tired.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by bandOFhorses: 12:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
ReubenE:
Don't be shy, suspend it for eternity.

Stop wasting our scarce resources on 'imaginary national unity' that we only pretend about

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheRareGem1:

This will definitely enable the offices to get back up.
As selfish as it may sound, there is wisdom and future benefit in the VP led team. It is better to sacrifice two years now than be having struggling offices and suffering corp members by using them and not paying them. Two years is enough for offices to get back up due to challenge poised by the pandamic. And if it is too long, I think FG should review.
Well done job osinbajo and team.
Astute recommendation.

You obviously didn't read the article.

They're suspending the 2 weeks camping meaning that corpers would be directly posted to their PPA.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Beolly(m): 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2020
IME1:
NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER grin 4 times to counter his 2 years suggestion
NYSC helped me
Tell him even foreigners say, "never"
In what way did it helped you bro
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by IME1: 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
Beolly:

In what way did it helped you bro

I got start up capital
I made lifetime friends
I improved in my profession
I saw new places I won't ordinarily have gone to

1 Like

Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
useless man, you can't recommend reducing senators allowances from 29m to 5m.
Its people that earn a paltry 30k that shud suffer.
Our leaders in all spheres in the country are s colossal disappointment.
If he was not chopping free government money will he say this ?
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Crazeworld(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
Hmm

Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by VKasparov(m): 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2020
But wait O! If this is about Covid-19 then why only NYSC Camp or does it also mean that Schools, police training collages/Academy, Military training Depot/Academy, Paramilitary training schools e.t.c. will also be suspended for 2 years? Or is there another reason for targeting NYSC camp?
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by sylve11: 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
fyneguy:

Tell us why the suggestion is wrong.

Forget that omomo jare. undecided cool
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by ReorxTohGan(m): 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2020
CalebLebsco56:
My opinion on Nysc...
The main aim of NYSC has been basterdize..my own is instead of that 12month clueless month....
Youths should be posted to various entreprenuer centers in the state to engage in a particular skill which they choose, that will be there PPA for 5months of learning that skill at various Nysc approved centers.
Then the remaining 5months the money or Allawee should be given to them in full to go and start up something from what they have learnt....it will help to reduce over dependence on white collar jobs. Instead of waisting the whole 1year..also the camp should be where they can be trainned for greater opportunities not all those fake drilling.....
what will 33k do for 5months
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Asekhamhe1: 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
It is a good development once they graduate they should be given the total money once just like ITF enough of the nysc thing someone living in lagos will go to kano with nothing it's not easy
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by ThanosDr: 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
osinbade ,shud shut up, His office has been reduced to toilet supervisor
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by zicoraads: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
Osinbajo is someone who has sense.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Johnson5258: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
I love your matured response, but it's like you didn't get the context, not scrapping NYSC but suspending camping; corp members can be deployed to there place of primary assignment without spending 3 weeks on camp first. Imagine feeding thousands of people nation wide in more than 4 times a year isn't good for our economy now, we are sliding into recession at this time before adding social distancing. In the quest of reducing cost of governance, it begins a step after the other. Thanks for you piece bro.

IME1:

Trust me the budget of NYSC is not what is drowning Nigeria's economy.
My dear look at the National Assembly undecided it's even worse than the executive arm and judiciary combined.
I know how much people save and earn from NYSC not just the alawee but the side jobs that come with it.
When I served it was not even up to 10k but I made some money that helped for the subsequent months until job came then. Now my young friends earning 30k I see how it's helping their ministry at least. Mind you some private schools and businesses still pay 15k per month as salary oh! This 30k for 12 months coupled with exposure to new areas and people and extra work can never be watered down by the dangers and stress of the service year. For the deaths, soldiers are posted and killed so are NGO workers and Federal civil servants who don't have any connect which deserves total condemnation undecided not just shock. So instead of scrapping the programme because of deficit budget, drop in finance and fear of killings, FG should secure the lives of corps members (as for every other citizen) and improve the economy from reducing the pay of senators and their kins men in the lower chamber and other leakages and wastefulness (imagine chartering a whole plane for a state judge? Even if it's a supreme Court judge angry, the same people used a whole plan to take pictures, picture, the same air power that is not available in Chibok and Dapchi, is available for Naira Marley and Photographer, tongue look, that's the waste)

FG knows how else they can save and generate money, they are just being insensitive and mischievous, as Benue people wink
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Villain7: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
Indirect statement, NYSC has formally been cancelled if this is granted.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by zedegit: 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2020
Crownbefitsme:

Is it not placing the cart before the horse?

Anyway what are they even teaching them in camps.

They kuma close camps for said duration, telling them to come at a slated time makes them look clueless.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by zedegit: 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Scrap the stupid thing called nysc entirely.

...and leave some graduates without the feeling of what salary alert looks like?

Don't you know that most graduates don't get jobs after service. Let them alreast console themselves with it.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by zedegit: 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
Asekhamhe1:
It is a good development once they graduate they should be given the total money once just like ITF enough of the nysc thing someone living in lagos will go to kano with nothing it's not easy

ITF is selective. Till date, I never got my ITF allawee.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Loonyy(m): 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
instead Dem Go Say Money no Dey to Run The scheme, Dem Dey give Excuse
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2020
Kingpee2:
My country leaders are just so clueless ....

You have not said anything to prove you're not the same.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by delvzy(m): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
Why not ask the Nysc to up their deployment strategy and not just posting corper to the deep interior without caring about their wellbeing.
If they want to go by this then they need to look at a whole new dimension entirely.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Senudi96(m): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
Johnson5258:
This is actually wise, there are more to it. That will also cut federal government expenditure. 2020 budget was footed with loan, how will we foot 2021? We really need this suspension.

The budget for the past five years have been footed with loans so that's not an excuse.
It's just lazy man way of running from responsibility.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Johnson5258: 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2020
Thanks, but it's an expedient thing to do for now.

Senudi96:

The budget for the past five years have been footed with loans so that's not an excuse.
It's just lazy man way of running from responsibility.
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by Exodora: 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
OgundeleTeju:
I have always wanted the camp scrapped because left to me orientation camp is a scam
Have being looking for the right person to ask this question.
Can somebody be redeploy to another state without a definite part of the state.
For instance in a state where we have something like Anambra north, west , south ....
If one is to be poster shouldn't the person be poster to any of the definite region ?
Re: Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG by IME1: 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2020
Johnson5258:
I love your matured response, but it's like you didn't get the context, not scrapping NYSC but suspending camping; corp members can be deployed to there place of primary assignment without spending 3 weeks on camp first. Imagine feeding thousands of people nation wide in more than 4 times a year isn't good for our economy now, we are sliding into recession at this time before adding social distancing. In the quest of reducing cost of governance, it begins a step after the other. Thanks for you piece bro.

Thank you too sir
But your reply brings me sad memories of how I stood in line waiting for food back then in camp only to be told mid way that food don finish.
Those who could afford it will go to mami market, for us undecided
Well FG feeding me for 3 weeks has been the only time Nig Govt has,
People richer than me have been feeding fat from FG including this corona time, trust me many rich people are eating free palliative, 20k, N-power and all those schemes, some are even abroad just like it was in camp.

Remember that FG is also feeding some school children, some oh.

My brother you need to know how much estacode government at all levels spend! Mind bogging

For the part of social distancing, I agree with you, camp is a high risk area for covid19.

But as for saving costs I will never support government 'halving' civil servants salaries, stopping school feeding, NYSC camp feeding or other social amenities, they are helping people. There are a trillion other ways government can save money you and I know, we know, my dear we know, from them alone.

Did you see how much they budget for newspapers alone for Villa or the one for pesticides in 12 northern states?!

Let the step you say start from Apo, Aso, Judi and all the state Houses.
There are many people who eat well in camp and go back to 1-0-1 food ration after camp till pop until they hit good jobs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebola: NYSC Suspends Orientation In Six States / Corpers Rock NYSC Uniform In Beautiful Pre-Wedding Photos / Ilechukwu Onyinye Rocks Her NYSC Uniform (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.