Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,616 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning (1146 Views)

My Samsung A51 Port Is Not Working Again, How Much Will It Cost Me To Replace It / My Samsung A51 Port Is Not Working Again, How Much Will It Cost Me To Replace It / Why Is My Charging From My Bonus Credits ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Satan66(m): 11:13am On Jun 16, 2020
Edit: Thankfully it was the charger itself that had issue not the charging port.
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by ibawon(m): 11:20am On Jun 16, 2020
Even Samsung doesn't cover water damages

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by theoneJabulani(m): 11:20am On Jun 16, 2020
Sorry, you were bored and the only way you could "unbored" yourself was by giving your expensive phone a bath?

11 Likes

Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Satan66(m): 11:22am On Jun 16, 2020
ibawon:
Gosh, such a huge disappointment.
If just a shower could cause this damage I don't wanna imagine what would have happened if I put inside a pool.
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 16, 2020
ibawon:

Lol!!!!!!!!!This is how to know that water resistant feature is a scam at the end of the day

1 Like

Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by sajmark(m): 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
the water resistance feature is a defence mechanism to protect the device in case it mistakenly comes in contact with water, it doesn't transform your device into a submarine... look for a certified technician to clean your device properly.

5 Likes

Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by MrBONE2(m): 12:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
Satan66:
I use a Samsung s10 which is SUPPOSED to be water resistant, I was bored yesterday and decided to test it by using it in the shower and discovered that I couldn't operate the device when it came in contact with water which I was disappointed with because I had earlier plans on taking some cool under water photos in the pool.
A few hours later when I tried plugging the said device I noticed it would charge and then stop charging if I moved in a certain way which had shocked me because this phone is supposed to be water resistant which is one of the key factors that made me choose it over the redmi k20 pro.
Now I'm confused because from what I have learnt s10 has it's charging port completely inbuilt within the mother board which makes it basically impossible to change so I'm perplexed on what's happening right now.
Do I buy a wireless charger now or is this a normal temporary occurence in water resistant phones?
grin

1 Like

Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by DONFRANSKID(m): 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
I think the problem is that is detecting water don't worry it be OK over time I have also personally seen iphone x damaged by water
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by mummyson26(m): 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
Satan66:
I use a Samsung s10 which is SUPPOSED to be water resistant, I was bored yesterday and decided to test it by using it in the shower and discovered that I couldn't operate the device when it came in contact with water which I was disappointed with because I had earlier plans on taking some cool under water photos in the pool.
A few hours later when I tried plugging the said device I noticed it would charge and then stop charging if I moved in a certain way which had shocked me because this phone is supposed to be water resistant which is one of the key factors that made me choose it over the redmi k20 pro.
Now I'm confused because from what I have learnt s10 has it's charging port completely inbuilt within the mother board which makes it basically impossible to change so I'm perplexed on what's happening right now.
Do I buy a wireless charger now or is this a normal temporary occurence in water resistant phones?
U buy it new or London used?
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Satan66(m): 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
I think the problem is that is detecting water don't worry it be OK over time I have also personally seen iphone x damaged by water
I just hope so cuz anytime the phone shakes while charging.
It just stops.
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Satan66(m): 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
mummyson26:

U buy it new or London used?
Us used
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by taiwosamwell(m): 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2020
Satan66:

Us used
You have no case... You don't know what the previous user might have done with the phone or if it had faults or If it was tempered with. If you bought it new then you have a case.
BTW try to keep the phone in raw rice for about 12 hours and let's see what happens
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by mummyson26(m): 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
taiwosamwell:

You have no case... You don't know what the previous user might have done with the phone or if it had faults or If it was tempered with. If you bought it new then you have a case.
BTW try to keep the phone in raw rice for about 12 hours and let's see what happens
U'v said it it all
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Nellsworld(m): 6:36pm On Jun 16, 2020
Satan66:

Gosh, such a huge disappointment.
If just a shower could cause this damage I don't wanna imagine what would have happened if I put inside a pool.
How many mins they u keep it on water, cos its ip68, which can stay inside water(1.5m) for 30mins it seems u exceeded the time
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by BABAawoo47: 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
Satan66:

Us used
no wonder...
Once its opened d water resistant is gone...
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by BABAawoo47: 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nellsworld:

How many mins they u keep it on water, cos its ip68, which can stay inside water for 2mins and 30secs, it seems u exceeded the time
2mins or 30mins
it's 30m nd i think 1.5m
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
Satan66:

One question, did u buy it brand new or used?
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nellsworld:

How many mins they u keep it on water, cos its ip68, which can stay inside water for 2mins and 30secs, it seems u exceeded the time

Galaxy s10 can successfully take a shower. We need to know if op bought it brand new or pre used. If it was pre used then it must have previously been opened and hence lost its water resistance.
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Nellsworld(m): 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2020
BABAawoo47:
2mins or 30mins
it's 30m nd i think 1.5m
U are right, but maybe he stayed over the 30mins
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Nellsworld(m): 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2020
greenhulk:

Galaxy s10 can successfully take a shower. We need to know if op bought it brand new or pre used. If it was pre used then it must have previously been opened and hence lost its water resistance.
It can, but there is a time frame for it to be submerged in water, maybe he stayed more than the required time or maybe u are right, the previous user or users would ve tamper with it
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Satan66(m): 7:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nellsworld:

How many mins they u keep it on water, cos its ip68, which can stay inside water(1.5m) for 30mins it seems u exceeded the time
Just a few seconds I was just curious to see if i could still operate the device awhile water was on it but I couldn't to my disappointment.
Now I have to keep the phone in a certain way before it charges.
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Satan66(m): 7:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
greenhulk:

Bought it us used
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Nellsworld(m): 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
Satan66:

Bought it us used
Maybe u got a republish phone in the name of US used, u can take it to Samsung customer service
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
Satan66:

Bought it us used
Never ever try the water resistance of a used phone unless u bought it brand new. These phones once opened they lose their water resistance. Ur phone must have had it's screen changed before u bought it. That's why water got inside.
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
sajmark:
the water resistance feature is a defence mechanism to protect the device in case it mistakenly comes in contact with water, it doesn't transform your device into a submarine... look for a certified technician to clean your device properly.

Bros, galaxy S10 is ip68 water and dust resistance. It is not splash proof. So u can take it swimming sef and take underwater pictures so far it's not more than 1.5m for 30 mins.
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nellsworld:

It can, but there is a time frame for it to be submerged in water, maybe he stayed more than the required time or maybe u are right, the previous user or users would ve tamper with it

Just tell me how u can take phone underwater for more than 1.5m when u take a shower. Does he have a swimming pool inside his bathroom?

This is S10 under shallow water for 1 hour (remember Samsung said 1.5m for 30 mins but this water is shallow so can stay there for more than 1 hour).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36vqvKLx6tE

And this is someone that went swimming with their s9 plus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlQzifnTk7U

SO what is ordinary shower that the phone would not withstand. The phone has been opened before he bought it. That's the simple truth. There's no way to know the water resistance of a phone that was bought used. The best thing is never to take the risk.
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Norman4real(m): 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
Satan66:

Us used
Lol, those are refurbished phones. The problem here is that those phones have been opened up before and one thing u need to know about waterproof phones is that once they're opened up they lose their waterproofing.
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Satan66(m): 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
greenhulk:

Never ever try the water resistance of a used phone unless u bought it brand new. These phones once opened they lose their water resistance. Ur phone must have had it's screen changed before u bought it. That's why water got inside.
I highly doubt that.
From what I know if the screen gets changed then the finger print won't work.
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Satan66(m): 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
Norman4real:
Lol, those are refurbished phones. The problem here is that those phones have been opened up before and one thing u need to know about waterproof phones is that once they're opened up they lose their waterproofing.
Damn, never knew.
Re: Help, My Charging Port Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2020
Satan66:

I highly doubt that.
From what I know if the screen gets changed then the finger print won't work.

R u for real? Once u open the phone u compromise all the water-resistance seals and waterproofing is no longer guaranteed.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 7 128gb For Sale 50k / Tecno Launches Phantom X Its First Flagship Phone With 8GB RAM 256GB Storage / Super Tv & Mtn Finally Launch The Free Tv Streaming Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.