Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

N150k Salary Monthly Or N1.0milion To Start A Business. Which One Will You Pick? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N150k Salary Monthly Or N1.0milion To Start A Business. Which One Will You Pick? (379 Views)

Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 / Lets Sign Agreement: I Will Give U 25%of My Salary Monthly / White Collar Job And Starting My Own Business: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N150k Salary Monthly Or N1.0milion To Start A Business. Which One Will You Pick? by wasbo89(m): 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2020
I asked this question on social media and many people commented. Some people picked N150k while other picked N1.0 million.

The two options are ok. Earning N150k as monthly salary is sweet because you won't push yourself too much before collecting it monthly than being an Entrepreneur.

Starting a business with N1.0 million is good because you will be the one to determine your monthly take home/profit. That is base on the marketing/strength you discharge on the business. Entrepreneurship is not easy but you can be BETTER than Salary Earners in the long run.

I won't condemn people that picked N150k because they don't want problem for themselves. Go and ask people that own a business about the challenges they faced, if you hear it, you will run away from Entrepreneurship. To run a business effectively, you need managerial skills and hard work, without it business won't blow. Not everyone can manage a business because lots of businesses have died and some business owners are still owing their staff. For example, Do you know how many Bars & Eateries that have died in the last 6 years in the town you reside?

I'm not trying to scare you about Entrepreneurship but only trying to prepare your mind to something you are gonna face.

If I'm to choose among the two options, I will pick N1.0million because:
1. Entrepreneurship eradicate poverty while Salary is for nursing poverty.
2. I determine my monthly salary/profit.
3. In the long run, I will be better than salary earners and have more office branches.
4. Salary earners job is not guaranteed, person can be sacked at anytime but the success of a N1.0m Business lies in my hand.

Finally, even If person pick 150k monthly salary and after working for so many years, one day; person will still think of starting his/her own business. To now get N1.0m to start a business is not easy because it's hard to save money till it reaches N1.0m. (don't take calculator and be multiplying something for me, I know what i'm saying because it's easy to multiple).

As requested, that's my response to that question. The two offer get risk and I believe, I can still control the risk of the second option.

What's your reaction to this?
Re: N150k Salary Monthly Or N1.0milion To Start A Business. Which One Will You Pick? by Holiegrail2: 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
Word!!
Re: N150k Salary Monthly Or N1.0milion To Start A Business. Which One Will You Pick? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2020
As a graduate of the School of Hard Knocks... I will say give me the million.
Re: N150k Salary Monthly Or N1.0milion To Start A Business. Which One Will You Pick? by Vyzz: 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
wink
Re: N150k Salary Monthly Or N1.0milion To Start A Business. Which One Will You Pick? by Soleye24(m): 1:29pm On Jun 16, 2020
Everybody is not business oriented. You can loss 2M in a business you are not well grounded in. In Lagos, securing shop alone can cost more than half of the money. Inasmuch, I love to do business I want the job first. Business is trial and error.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think ONE CORNER Is A HOMOSEXUAL ? Check Out 5 Things About One Corner / Public Speaking Training In Ibadan / Engineering Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.