Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,849 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? (656 Views)

Someone Good With Bootstrap And Html And Css Needed For Urgent Project / How Can I Replicate This In Bootstrap? / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Experts, which is better for a web development newbie?

I have been learning HTML, CSS and basic Javascript but while working on my new project, I encountered the need to use glyphicons that makes website more attractive to users.

Since last night, I've been unable to proceed with because I'm stuck with either learning bootstrap which I started yesterday but later felt it was too much of a cheat.

Is there a way I can make glyphicons for my own CSS?

CC: timi1212, kay9, incogni2o, maskyy

3 Likes

Re: Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by Maskyy(m): 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
Font awesome is a good option as this is where I get my icons.

Check most website, they use fontawesome.
Re: Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by Tim1212(m): 9:59pm On Jun 16, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

I have been learning HTML, CSS and basic Javascript but while working on my new project, I encountered the need to use glyphicons that makes website more attractive to users.

Since last night, I've been unable to proceed with because I'm stuck with either learning bootstrap which I started yesterday but later felt it was too much of a cheat.

CSS3 is all you need to create any layout of your choice. You can use free or paid icon to beautify it, depending on the website

Re: Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by Tim1212(m): 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

CSS3 is all you need to create any layout of your choice. You can use free or paid icon to beautify it, depending on the website
Re: Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
Tim1212:

Alright sir.

2 Likes

Re: Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
Maskyy:
Font awesome is a good option as this is where I get my icons.

Check most website, they use fontawesome.

Thanks a lot, bro.

3 Likes

Re: Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by kay9(m): 3:51am On Jun 17, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

@ThreeBlackBird,
I appreciate the mention, bro, but "expert" is a title that is still far ahead in my future. smiley In fact, you're probably further along than I am.

Coincidentally, I'm also trying to add a "search" icon (the lil magnifying glass thingy) to a search input div right now. I saw a number of options (including font awesome), but the 2 simplest - at least for my present CSS level - were something I got from StackOverflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14017464/adding-search-icon-to-input-box

It's seems pretty simple and neat to me, and I can reuse the code with any other icon URL.
Re: Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 17, 2020
kay9:

@ThreeBlackBird,
I appreciate the mention, bro, but "expert" is a title that is still far ahead in my future. smiley In fact, you're probably further along than I am.

Coincidentally, I'm also trying to add a "search" icon (the lil magnifying glass thingy) to a search input div right now. I saw a number of options (including font awesome), but the 2 simplest - at least for my present CSS level - were something I got from StackOverflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14017464/adding-search-icon-to-input-box

It's seems pretty simple and neat to me, and I can reuse the code with any other icon URL.

Thanks my guy.

1 Like

Re: Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by kay9(m): 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2020
@ThreeBlackBird,
Its seems like Font Awesome is easier after all. I ended up using it.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2020
kay9:
@ThreeBlackBird,
Its seems like Font Awesome is easier after all. I ended up using it.

Cheers.

I have decided to see my project through to a conclusion before trying it out. I'll try it out soon. Thanks.

How well have you been doing?

2 Likes

Re: Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by platymus: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Instead of learning boostrap because you need glyphicons why not learn SVG to get most the icons you need or use libraries like font awesome,https://glyphsearch.com/(click on the class link and copy it ),iconshock.com,flaticon.com,etc all these icons for you in png,svg format. you dont need to learn boostrap for this but learn boostrap incase you want to do rapid prototyping or small project that dont need too much
Re: Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 17, 2020
platymus:

Instead of learning boostrap because you need glyphicons why not learn SVG to get most the icons you need or use libraries like font awesome,https://glyphsearch.com/(click on the class link and copy it ),iconshock.com,flaticon.com,etc all these icons for you in png,svg format. you dont need to learn boostrap for this but learn boostrap incase you want to do rapid prototyping or small project that dont need too much

Thanks boss, I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Bootstrap Or Pure CSS? by VillagePeople11: 4:00am On Jun 18, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

calling bootstrap "too much of a cheat" just made me smile. made me remember when i started coding. i goggled things like php framework or real php, javascript framework or vanilla javascript, bootstrap or pure css.

My advice, learn the basics fast and move to frameworks, that is where you get real life experience and when you start building complex code structures, writing code for a button or coding gyphicons will be some of the most redundant things you will ever be doing. At most you will just write custom css untop of a css framework to give your work a unique layout. Programming is way more complex than coding basic things you really don't have to. Although i understand you are just learning.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Network Administrators / Code Samples, References & Tutorials For Those Who Want To Learn Swift / Ikani Stuff App (nigerian Photos, Videos, Short Stories) - Google Play

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.