Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust (78556 Views)

Soldiers Storm Daily Trust Abuja Office, Seize Phones, Computers (PICS) / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
fergie001:

Unless the SC says otherwise, Anselm Ojezua is Edo APC Chairman.

Politics na game o...kai
.. supreme Court may not decide now and primary is just few days from now
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by seunmsg(m): 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Every actions taking by Oshomole is thanks and void, before Supreme court would determine it, Obaseki would be governor already

Every decision taken by Oshiomole up till today remains valid. If a stay of execution is granted tomorrow, he will resume back to office and all decisions taken by him remains valid until the day Supreme Court rules that he was validly suspended. That’s if Supreme Court won’t rule in his favour.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by moderatedguy: 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
seunmsg:

Obaseki is no longer a member of APC. If he decides to rejoin the party, he will need a waiver to contest for any post. Obaseki is gone.
Waiver takes les than 2days to acquire
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by Noel19: 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
IamPatriotic:

Na you sabi wetin You and your entire household dey go through, na die all of una go die prematurely Las Las, bastard!

Slave of the highest proportion. How I wish you, family members, and your likes were captured and shipped to the maghrebs during the transatlantic slave trade era Nigeria would have been better off.

5 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by seunmsg(m): 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
Lostz:

Boris Johnson handed over to someone when he moved into intensive care. someone else was acting while he was away. there is no room for incapacitated leaders.

secondly Ajimobi appointment may be null and void

He did not hand over to anybody. He was running the government from isolation.

Until a court rules otherwise, Ajimobi’s appointment remains valid. Beside, Obaseki is no longer a member of APC. There is nothing anybody can do about his case again. The deed has been done already.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by seunmsg(m): 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
moderatedguy:
Waiver takes les than 2days to acquire

And who is the chairman that will grant him waiver? You think Obaseki has the support of majority of NWC?

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by moderatedguy: 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
seunmsg:

So tell me, what has changed as far as Obaseki is concerned?
His suspension can be reversed.Its even better for him to contest on the platform of APC because Federal might would work against him if he contest on another platform
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by seunmsg(m): 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
moderatedguy:
His suspension can be reversed.Its even better for him to contest on the platform of APC because Federal might would work against him if he contest on another platform

Reversed by who?

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by NaMe4: 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Good
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by ORIENTATION101: 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
SecretSpy666:
For those who are not lawyers and do not know much about legal framework:

Every action taken by Oshiomole while under suspension will be declared null and void.

Note that Oshiomole is the chairman of APC NWC, therefore, the actions of the NWC is also void abinitio.

A substantive chairman need to be appointed in acting capacity to set up another Committee to screen aspirants in Edo, if not APC may not have candidate for September primary.

Also, INEC as a law abiding agency will not recognize any candidate from the priarmary.

Court order will granted restraining Oshiomole from conducting any primary until the suspension is lifted....
oga the law his actions are valid because appeal court grant his stay of execution to act as chairman till today, so any actions taken from tomorrow is null and void.
The deed has been done.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Kweensavvy:

No, the deed has been done already, Obaseki has been disqualified and Oshiomole will be removed as Chairman.
Even APC leaders are sick and tired of his gra gra. They will want an entirely new person in the next era.

My prediction.

As I have said severally before 2019 election and after, those who are tired of Oshiomhole are the enemies of APC and enemies of Buhari. Within APC, there are political infants who lack foresight and not important but looking for relevance.

Prof Sagay has complained about Court being the determinant of who rules a State instead of Votes. The Court cannot impose Chairman on a Party. The BoT of party led by the President followed by BoT chairman and party elders determine the direction of the party in the absence of Chairman.

Under Jonathan, a lot happened. Oyinlola was expelled by PDP leadership because of his loyalty to Obj, the Appeal Court ruled in his favour, the PDP leadership failed to honour the judgement. That was the beginning of PDP's downfall. PDP went to Supreme Court. In this case, the sickness/weakness from old age of PMB that created serious problems in the first tenure which led to the emergence of Saraki as Senate President is even worse now. APC NWC having meeting with CoS Gambari? For what? The problem on the ground is above Gambari. Oshiomhole is too strong. The party cannot be broken into factions under Oshiomhole , people can only leave just like Saraki and others but the party will remain strong.

The judgement has nothing to do with Obaseki disqualification except UI can submit how he was admitted. This Appeal Court judgement has really shown that intelligence report on appointment is very sound.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by fergie001: 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
Lostz:
.. supreme Court may not decide now and primary is just few days from now
Na there wahala dey
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by moderatedguy: 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
seunmsg:

And who is the chairman that will grant him waiver? You think Obaseki has the support of majority of NWC?
Money talks

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by jrusky(m): 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
techmo:

kemi olunloyo hasn't ever being a credible source except you also believe nnamdi kanu is dead

Bro no oo I disagree with you. Have you so soon forget Kemi was among the first to broke Kyari death news?

What of Hushpoppy or whatever?

Sometime Kemi network dey receive correct signal though she is very mischievous but she had made few statement that come to pass
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by biggy26: 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
oloriooko:
Sourceless info
Go to channels, it's breaking news
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by biggy26: 8:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
gloriaunobi:
Dustbin news
Breaking news, go to channels
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by Theoarhics: 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2020
How market Short man devil ?trying to play God. You have finally fallen inside the pit you dug.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by seunmsg(m): 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2020
moderatedguy:
Money talks

You did not answer my question.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by emexc11(m): 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2020
seunmsg:

Obaseki is no longer a member of APC. If he decides to rejoin the party, he will need a waiver to contest for any post. Obaseki is gone.
That Obaseki is no longer a member of the APC is not contestable.
But know it now that Oshiomole has finally succeeded in handing over the governorship structure of Edo state to PDP on a platter of gold because all those actions taken by him as the national chairman will be null and void there by invalidating the candidacy of anybody that APC will present.
Who is speaking when God has not spoken?
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by Theoarhics: 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
This new Court of Appeal President in person of Monica means business. I love her for this.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by RuddyFusion(m): 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
seunmsg:

Every decision taken by Oshiomole up till today remains valid. If a stay of execution is granted tomorrow, he will resume back to office and all decisions taken by him remains valid until the day Supreme Court rules that he was validly suspended. That’s if Supreme Court won’t rule in his favour.

iF the Supreme Court goes the way of the Appel then what has APC gained? because everything the so-called stay of execution granted them will become NULL and VOID.....Osho baba is not the only one that can lead the Party if he has become a divisive figure, then he needs to GO

The problem now is that the two parties fighting ( Pro and Anti Tinubu forces ) within the party are both strong and this will ultimately lead to the dealth of APC because BUHARI IS WEAK non-existent in all these and on HIS WAY OUT
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by Charly68: 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
They will appeal tomorrow that I know ..and the case will remain inconclusive until the election is over.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
This news dey pain TVC to carry? And they pride themselves as the first in breaking news?

Thieefnubuu no go sleep this night

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by mainstreets(m): 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
Cock and bull comment
babaolofin:

As I have said severally before 2019 election and after, those who are tired of Oshiomhole are the enemies of APC and enemies of Buhari. Within APC, there are political infants who lack foresight and not important but looking for relevance.

Prof Sagay has complained about Court being the determinant of who rules a State instead of Votes. The Court cannot impose Chairman on a Party. The BoT of party led by the President followed by BoT chairman and party elders determine the direction of the party in the absence of Chairman.

Under Jonathan, a lot happened. Oyinlola was expelled by PDP leadership because of his loyalty to Obj, the Appeal Court ruled in his favour, the PDP leadership failed to honour the judgement. That was the beginning of PDP's downfall. PDP went to Supreme Court. In this case, the sickness/weakness from old age of PMB that created serious problems in the first tenure which led to the emergence of Saraki as Senate President is even worse now. APC NWC having meeting with CoS Gambari? For what? The problem on the ground is above Gambari. Oshiomhole is too strong. The party cannot be broken into factions under Oshiomhole , people can only leave just like Saraki and others but the party will remain strong.

The judgement has nothing to do with Obaseki disqualification except UI can submit how he was admitted. This Appeal Court judgement has really shown that intelligence report on appointment is very sound.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
Amotekun777:
Me, I no care at all at all... angry All these guys do is steal our wealth regardless of the party affiliations.

Oshiomole, Obaseki, Tinubu, Okorocha, Buhari, Ibori, Melaye, Saraki, Atiku, Ajimobi ooo and all 9ja Politicians and god-fathers...

Thunder fire you all! angry
Haaba bro this is too much na only your generation dem terminate
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
moderatedguy:

Who will revert his suspension. The can of worms has been opened. The PDP cannot even field him. The only way out is for UI to proof how he was admitted. Was it by direct entry using GCE 'A' Level because HSC studies is not examination certificate. Was he admitted on adult work experience ground or through Jamb? Obaseki can work on these alternatives.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
seunmsg:

He did not hand over to anybody. He was running the government from isolation.

Until a court rules otherwise, Ajimobi’s appointment remains valid. Beside, Obaseki is no longer a member of APC. There is nothing anybody can do about his case again. The deed has been done already.

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab was deputising for Boris when he was in intensive care unit.

oshomole is partyless. after action taken during his suspension will automatically become null and void if the supreme Court upheld his suspension.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
TwentyOnePilots:

Ok sir, I'm interested in the smaller one, probably for home use. I hope it won't cost me my arm!? lipsrsealed grin
ha no sir o, just shikini money. My number is on my dp sir

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
babaolofin:

okay o.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by tabisegroup(m): 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
Make I siddon here just in case.

I fabricate popcorn machines both solar and gas powered.
I also teach people how to make almost 200k from popcorn in a month.
Just get a busy area, then contact me for business

I also fabricate container housing or for workshop or for farm house.

Give me ur contact (08182236710)
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by Modarun(m): 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
dapsoneh:
The deed has been done already, Obaseki has been disqualified and that wont cancel that disqualification. At worst, Oshiomoleh will go to supreme court

Keep deceiving yourself. Its is presumed what ever action taken by Oshomole is null and void cos in the eyes of the law he was undersuspension. In other words, the Party secretary he appointed, the screening panel and even the cheques he signed out is null and void. Hehehe no wonder the governors and the cabals were silent. Very funny to think Tinubu and his attack dogs will be allowed to continue building machineries for 2023. You gba here ,i gbo you. Any moves he makes na checkmating slap e go receive.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust by mainstreets(m): 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2020
Very useless station especially that fat round man called Babajide. Always supporting Tinubu, he has never critised Tinubu. Useless man,
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
This news dey pain TVC to carry? And they pride themselves as the first in breaking news?

Thieefnubuu no go sleep this night

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / The 3 Daughters Femi Olukayode Disowned (Photos) / Adamu Garba: 'To Those Celebrating The Death Of Attahiru, I Have A News For You'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.