Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother (831 Views)

How Can I Replicate This In Bootstrap? / Please Help A Brother Tech Skill To Acquire In 2019!!! Tired Of 9-6 Jobs / Chemistry! Help A Brother To Solve These Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother by Idontknowyou: 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
Hello my fellow Nairalanders.. so please these days I have been thinking if it is necessary to learn bootstrap for web development...
Though I can say I am kind of good when it comes to Html, CSS and JavaScript. And I understand the MEDIA QUERIES. But I want to know if it is necessary to also learn bootstrap for web development..
Please I just need an advice
Re: Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother by EngtTemmy(m): 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
You don't really need to know bootstrap, you are good to go. Thanks
Re: Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother by stanliwise(m): 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
Idontknowyou:
Hello my fellow Nairalanders.. so please these days I have been thinking if it is necessary to learn bootstrap for web development...
Though I can say I am kind of good when it comes to Html, CSS and JavaScript. And I understand the MEDIA QUERIES. But I want to know if it is necessary to also learn bootstrap for web development..

Bootstrap is nothing but a tools. And the simple answer is:
“What does bootstrap do?”
It will help you answer your current question.
Re: Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother by Karlebolu(m): 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
It's important to learn core CSS but if you are working on a project where you are also the back end developer then using a css framework is important and will save you time.

Aside that, what harm will it do you to check out bootstrap, I mean, it's popular for a reason, right?
Re: Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother by Chukwudaalu(m): 11:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
Idontknowyou:

It is not necessary. know your CSS grids and media queries very well. There are other frameworks like tailwind CSS. Bootstrap makes your Web development project faster especially if you are a full stack developer.
Re: Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother by Maskyy(m): 3:05am On Jun 17, 2020
Idontknowyou:

There's css, Saas and scss. And CSS libraries.

Everyone learn in a different way but their are things that are common in the community.

With basic knowledge in CSS and js, you can learn saas in a space of 1 week.
After this, learn tailwind.

These two are pure CSS packages.
Re: Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother by stanliwise(m): 10:32am On Jun 17, 2020
Chukwudaalu:
It is not necessary. know your CSS grids and media queries very well. Bootstrap often reduces the loading speed of webpages. I personally don't use it.
However, bootstrap makes your Web development project faster especially if you are a full stack developer.
please what are you saying Bootstrap reduce speed?
Hmmmm
Re: Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother by EngtTemmy(m): 10:56am On Jun 17, 2020
stanliwise:
please what are you saying Bootstrap reduce speed?
Hmmmm
He is right, the browser have to download all the jQuery and css files making browsing speed to reduce

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother by Taofeekdboy(m): 11:08am On Jun 17, 2020
EngtTemmy:

He is right, the browser have to download all the jQuery and css files making browsing speed to reduce
that's if you use the cdn but you can download it locally to your project and use it offline.
Re: Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother by stanliwise(m): 11:24am On Jun 17, 2020
EngtTemmy:

dont let me laugh, how large is css and jquery files compare to media files in website.A better argument would be performance of script while working and as far as I know Bootstrap have been very well optimise to have little performance issue
Re: Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother by EngtTemmy(m): 11:45am On Jun 17, 2020
stanliwise:
dont let me laugh, how large is css and jquery files compare to media files in website.A better argument would be performance of script while working and as far as I know Bootstrap have been very well optimise to have little performance issue
Alright, i get your point.

But i will prefer one to use learn css and JavaScript well. Bootstrap doesn't really sharpen your skills. I am a fullstack person, I have come to dislike it.
Re: Do I Really Need To Learn Bootstrap.. Please Help A Brother by stanliwise(m): 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
EngtTemmy:

Alright, i get your point.

But i will prefer one to use learn css and JavaScript well. Bootstrap doesn't really sharpen your skills. I am a fullstack person, I have come to dislike it.
no qualms.
Me personally I don’t like a lot of tools and library flying around. But wetin man go wey no time no dey. Bootstrap has one the large documentation and a very large community. It is hard to ignore many times.
Anyway I am a backend dev so I barely use bootstrap at all.

(1) (Reply)

He Called Me A Terrible Designer So I Did This To Prove Him Wrong / I Created My First AI App, Rate It Out Of 10. / Time To Work Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.