Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming (1185 Views)

How Long Did It Take You To Become Sufficiently Proficient In Javascript?? / What Made You Pick Interest In Programming / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming by Akhigbeblog(m): 12:56am On Jun 17, 2020
Hey, I'm kinda bored so I just wanna ask this questions
1) How long did it take you to become a professional in a particular programming Language and how many years/months have you been code?
2) what is your highest Paid job or project you've don for someone (freelance)
3) how long does it take you to finish a project ( without a team) don't tell me it depends grin
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming by Genesils(m): 7:02am On Jun 17, 2020
Let me wait for comments
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming by Ajibade123(m): 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
lala coman help us push to FP
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming by IceColdVeins(m): 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2020
No matter how far ahead, I still feel like I'm far behind in my mind.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming by Etinosa1234: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
I think it should be

How long did u learn programming to start freelancing and working on projects

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun...Coman epp us newbies to push it to FrontPage
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming by Galactico4ever(m): 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
Who is a programmer grin grin Define Freelancing? cheesy
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming by Akhigbeblog(m): 6:31pm On Jun 17, 2020
seunisamidget10:

I learnt HTML while preparing for Jamb. Throughout my 4years in school I didn't practice software development until I passed out of NYSC and established my company www.zeratech.com.ng
Now I'm not among the Jobless youths cool i cash out every week.Thanks to those who dedicate their precious time to writing tutorial ebooks and videos, thanks to stackoverflow, thanks to anything!!

I was 17 when I set out for software development though I was just learning and practicing for fun! and building my portfolio ( cc. Crownedrookie ).
I never knew it will put extra cash in my pocket in the future.

In summary, be it as it may I wouldn't say it took 6years to become a professional because there were semesters I didn't write even 1 line of code due to how stressful my study was.

1. I would say it took 1+1/2years for me to become a professional software developer.
My primary languages include:
Java
C#
PHP
JavaScript
Nodejs
related frameworks and libraries (react, laravel, codeigniter, cakephp, vue.js etc)

2. Highest paid job is 300K (a project that lasted for 1+1/2months). Though its a lifetime project because I still benefit from the proceeds till date.

3. Currently, on average it doesn't take more than a week to establish something tangible no matter the complexity of the project.

Thanks to everyone.
Your story is really inspiring. Thanks
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming by Anonime1105(m): 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2020
seunisamidget10:

I learnt HTML while preparing for Jamb. Throughout my 4years in school I didn't practice software development until I passed out of NYSC and established my company www.zeratech.com.ng
Now I'm not among the Jobless youths cool i cash out every week.Thanks to those who dedicate their precious time to writing tutorial ebooks and videos, thanks to stackoverflow, thanks to anything!!

I was 17 when I set out for software development though I was just learning and practicing for fun! and building my portfolio ( cc. Crownedrookie ).
I never knew it will put extra cash in my pocket in the future.

In summary, be it as it may I wouldn't say it took 6years to become a professional because there were semesters I didn't write even 1 line of code due to how stressful my study was.

1. I would say it took 1+1/2years for me to become a professional software developer.
My primary languages include:
Java
C#
PHP
JavaScript
Nodejs
related frameworks and libraries (react, laravel, codeigniter, cakephp, vue.js etc)

2. Highest paid job is 300K (a project that lasted for 1+1/2months). Though its a lifetime project because I still benefit from the proceeds till date.

3. Currently, on average it doesn't take more than a week to establish something tangible no matter the complexity of the project.

Thanks to everyone.

Great Story bro
But where you said it doesn't take more than a week to complete any project no matter the complexity is fab!....

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming by Anonime1105(m): 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2020
@OP Am still on the Java journey!
I am still learning, the elders should come and tell their story...
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming by Akhigbeblog(m): 8:58pm On Jun 17, 2020
Antitrollism:

Bro, use your head. No go let person wey you better pass times 100 con dey inspire you for faceless forum.
Ask your inspirer these questions
1) As a successful web developer, why is he jumping from post to post pasting his details in every programmer needed thread?
2) Why does he have numerous nairaland monikers and why are all of them known to belong to a nuisance and a troll?
3) Why did he PM riele a while back, blackmailing her and threatening to prove she is really a man if he is not compensated?
4) Why is he so obsessed with homosexuality?
5) Why is he so threatened by other peoples success?
Oga, below is your so called inspiring programmers true self.
I am Cakephp Blackmailphp. I live in a world of delusions. I built a portfolio for 6 years and my only achievement is being a nairaland troll. I compensation for my sadness and wretchedness by making nairaland my life. I am very bitter because crownedrookie, a truck pushing ashawo man could prove his mental superiority by entering into the field I failed in, learn in 7 months and get a good job, while all I do is beg for jobs by pasting my details on every programmer needed thread. I have resorted to denying obvious proofs that this individual has overtaken me while I stay here fooling myself and asking for portfolios and claiming industry standards. I am a loser I am a fraudster and a scammer. I was exposed with my Cakephp and zeratech moniker trying to bully riele into paying me money to hide her identity. This is the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5681892/scam-alert-he-scam-fraud#86571995 I lost my last shred of sanity when my real identity was exposed on nairaland, rendering my powers as an online troll useless. Now everyone knows that I am just one more failure making empty claims and looking for who to drag down. There are a bunch of people on nairaland thread. Grandlord, bunnae, aududunine11, gentroyal, tundexi, crownedrookie and a few others, they make me very depressed. All my efforts to troll them has proved abortive. They have proved to be too mentally tough to penetrate. I find it impossible that so many people can see through me and see me for what i truly am. So I have resorted to a harebrained scheme to insist they are all one individual. Its the only way I can hold on to my fragile last shred of sanity I am obsessed with homosexuality. I think I am gay and I hate myself for it so i accuse them of being one guy and a homosexual. My madness is apparent to everyone else but myself I am wretched. I am depressed. I am mentally ill. I need help I am Charles Ichulo aka Charles gaylord cheesy
I believe the mods and owner of this site are also very foolish becuae they are supporting his nonsense simply for traffic. Why else would o be banned for dealing ruthlessly with this troll and exposing what he really is?
I no even know wetin to talk again
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming by faithful911: 10:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
Antitrollism

I believe the mods and owner of this site are also very foolish because they are supporting his nonsense simply for traffic. Why else would I be banned for dealing ruthlessly with this troll and exposing what he really is?

So much bitterness in your episode. No successful individual would descend this low.
You have not contributed anything to the topic you are only bitter about someone's success.

Oluwa pls protect me o from bitter souls.. sobs

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Become A Professional In Programming by faithful911: 7:54am On Jun 19, 2020
Stillantitrolli:

This is very interesting coming from someone who has had over 10 nairaland account. Tell me more cheesy
Oga Crownedrookie you're just dumb.

Show us your work

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Programming Language Will You Learn In 2021? / Nodejs Development Company - Nodejs Developer Service Provider / At What Age Did You Start Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.