Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. (53427 Views)

Port Harcourt Pleasure Park / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / Port Harcourt Pleasure Park Night Views (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by wiseone28: 11:27pm On Jun 17, 2020
24SEVEN:

If you say they are more hard-working and innovative, list the names of their innovations and also the names of their hard workers.

Let's compare.
Just leave the guy he is arguing nonsense. There is nothing here.

Udom have not done 50% of what Akpabio did.

Building substandard roads, mostly incomplete with nonsense contractors.
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Kinematics: 11:38pm On Jun 17, 2020
Abagworo:

[s]Not exactly true. Chinese are a million times richer than Africa but know how to harness business opportunities from us. Truth is that Akwaibomites are far more hardworking and innovative than Rivers people. Akwaibom of today is even Richer than Rivers if oil is the standard applied but they don't sit down and depend on what will come out as handout from oil exploration companies. Some Rivers people especially Ogoni and Etche are hardworking too but most others believe they are comfortable with handouts[/s].

When they talk about riches you are counting just crude oil, I guess with your analysis Saudi Arabia should be the richest country in the world.

I'm yet to see where the harwork and innovation has taken AKS to compared to Rivers.

Please I need you to show me.
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Kinematics: 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2020
24SEVEN:

If you say they are more hard-working and innovative, list the names of their innovations and also the names of their hard workers.

Let's compare.

Forget that Imo state man that has nothing to contribute. He even resides in PH. Let him go to AKS or his Imo.
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by CaptainFM1: 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2020
Fuckyoumod:
Stop writing nonsense here!

So pleasure pack is a legacy for a Gov. After 8 years?

When Gov. Udom is busy building factories, from string, Airline to rice mill creating job opportunities in Akwa ibom.

Your here talking about pleasure park.
Just respect yourself!!!

Pleasure park also provides job opportunities depending on how it is run. There will be lots of services in that park.

I can list almost 500 services the park can offer. People will be at the centre of all these services. Jobs are not only created in factories sir.
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by RealWorldprints(m): 11:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
Honestly this is a loud project that will generate more income for the state and also provide job opportunities for the youths of PH ....increment IN IGR
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Danaire(m): 11:51pm On Jun 17, 2020
BIG KUDOS to the Workaholic governor Nyesome E. Wike. Such Sight nd Adventure or Relaxation places makes the human life longer.
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by 24SEVEN: 11:56pm On Jun 17, 2020
Kinematics:

Forget that Imo state man that has nothing to contribute. He even resides in PH. Let him go to AKS or his Imo.

Don't mind him. imagine him talking about innovation. Akwa Ibom are innovative and yet are occupying almost all the batcher compounds in PH. Mtcheeeeew
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by tundey4all(m): 11:57pm On Jun 17, 2020
lovely
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by HarryTellMe(m): 2:19am On Jun 18, 2020
TonyOputa:
It was around 1996, one of my most fulfilling child hood memories. I remember how we rode in a car that glided on a steel like surface with a long pole behind seeming to connect to the roof. There were others kids in there own “small cars” too, we collided on each other very often, the parents would stare in amusement as they watch their kids have fun in a circus-like setting of little electric cars acting like Fomular1 drivers wannabes. This place I only knew it as “
AMUSEMENT PARK and that it was located at Eleme Junction.

This memory is stuck in my mind till this day.

Amazingly, after about 2 decades plus, I was staring at my son Ikenna sitting in a car moving in circle alongside other horse & bird shaped objects dangling and making rhythmic motion as they all moved in a circle. This time, it was a place known as the PORT HARCOURT PLEASURE PARK.

The PORT HARCOURT PLEASURE PARK is one of the projects I consider a Legacy Project by the NEW Administration.

Prior to the construction of the Port Harcourt Pleasure Park, the city lacked a one stop for Family pleasures.

While growing up, it used to be Tourist Beach, the Port Harcourt Zoo or the Amusement Park, however with time these things eroded.

The last administration saw the establishment of the Port Harcourt Mall. On the Christmas of the year it was opened, the Mall was massively congested. This alone was a clear indication that the city was lacking a leisure centre.

It was as if Gov. Wike had similar thoughts and concerns as during his early days as Governor, the Port Harcourt Pleasure Park was one of the projects he kickstarted earnestly.

On 25th day of May 2016, the Governor officially flagged off the construction of the Port Harcourt Pleasure Park.

On May 27th of same year, in the Governor’s address to the Children in commemoration of the 2016 Children’s day celebrations, the governor stated that his administration flagged off the construction of the Port Harcourt Pleasure Park to create a facility for recreation for Rivers children and the entire family, the first of its kind in the history of the state.

During the period of construction, the Pleasure Park project was one of the most inspected projects by the Governor. The Governor was passionate about it and this was made manifest as 1 year after, May 26th 2017 precisely, the Port Harcourt Pleasure Park was formally Commissioned and unveiled for public use.

On the day of commissioning, the facility had climbing tower, artificial lake with pedal boats, fitness machines, football pitches, mini golf course, restaurants and mobile gyms.

Overtime, there have been many additions to the facility such as Paint ball and Shooting Range, Shopping Mall, Restaurants and a 5-Star Cinema.

On the 6th of March this year, an addition of a new ultra-modern restaurant The Michael Garden restaurant was commissioned by the Governor. The Governor also announced that State Government has concluded plans to build a 5-star hotel in the facility.

The Port Harcourt Pleasure Park is now an integral part of the Port Harcourt identity, one which attracts visitors from far and near. Last year, it won the Nigerian Tourism Award for Best Family Amusement Centre in Nigeria. Classic

Till this day, the Governor still care a great deal about the Park. The Park which was kept under the management of Julius Berger (The Company that constructed it) for a period of 2 years after construction, in 2019, the Governor appointed a Special Adviser on Pleasure park to ensure the smooth running and seamless interfacing of the facility.

If there are few projects I consider as Gov. Wike’s Legacy projects, the Pleasure Park comes top. It is beyond a project, but one that affects the most delicate amongst us, THE CHILDREN and THE FAMILY.

Ugochukwu Oputa
Papa ManLikeIkenna!
You just took local man down memory lane of Amusement park! Nice piece
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by BOBKIDDA(m): 2:25am On Jun 18, 2020
Fuckyoumod:

When Gov. Udom is busy building factories, from string, Airline to rice mill creating job opportunities in Akwa ibom.

Just respect yourself!!!
you re not far from the truth �
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by ibiso1986: 3:23am On Jun 18, 2020
EBEk101:

So you mean to tell me that d Yoruba's that are in Rivers there is no economic reasons for them to be in their states? Riverians don't travel, and i am not comparing rivers with Akwa ibom but trust me if this state continue with this same speed of growth they will b ahead of rivers state
who told you that Riverians don't travel. Or are you stereotyping a particular tribe, Half of my cousins are based outside Port Harcourt and Nigeria
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by ibiso1986: 3:25am On Jun 18, 2020
EBEk101:

How many Riverians can u find in Lagos? They don't travel even to other states nd between Ai am not comparing rivers with Akwa ibom,
when you say "They", Are u trying to say none of them travel out?
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by ibiso1986: 3:33am On Jun 18, 2020
Abagworo:

Not exactly true. Chinese are a million times richer than Africa but know how to harness business opportunities from us. Truth is that Akwaibomites are far more hardworking and innovative than Rivers people. Akwaibom of today is even Richer than Rivers if oil is the standard applied but they don't sit down and depend on what will come out as handout from oil exploration companies. Some Rivers people especially Ogoni and Etche are hardworking too but most others believe they are comfortable with handouts.
You have a point bro
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by desiredhome: 3:38am On Jun 18, 2020
SILVERLINES:

OP thunder go fire you for making this useless post here.

So you call this a legacy?
I urge you to look into other states governors scores, the likes of Borno State, Enugu State, Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom State and see the projects this states executed in their five years administration and you will find out that Wike is a jerk.

Celebrating flyovers and pleasure parks.
It baffles me that most Rivers State indigen especially those celebrating Wike are brainless, they have no job, no empowerment yet they are celebrating mediocrity.

Wike carrying his stomach like jeepee tank around Rivers promoting his failure is an embarrassment.

grin grin grin grin grin
My brother you spoke well..... imagine Rivers State been controlled by Agberos taskforce..... that is the reason these sychophans are making mockery of themselves

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Ikpongiton: 3:58am On Jun 18, 2020
EVILFOREST:
UDOM is far far far better than WIKE
In your opinion . abi

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Upright750: 5:02am On Jun 18, 2020
Zino990:

Seriously how much

Is there any part of the world using park is free. It's another way to make money and as well for people in the area to see where to enjoy them selves with a good site seeing .. No free park even in a developed countries
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by skylarr: 5:23am On Jun 18, 2020
This op is a paid agent obviously. I don't even know the essence of this post. With the resources that abound in rivers state, it shouldn't be where it is today in terms of development.
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by cryptotech: 5:34am On Jun 18, 2020
ok
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Bellotelli: 6:20am On Jun 18, 2020
Tourism in Nigeria needs immediate resuscitation. There are so many neglected tourist sites in Nigeria such as the yankari, obudu, mambila etc but what is NTDC doing about it? Absolutely nothing. Insecurity in the country is another hindrance.
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by ayenale1(m): 6:31am On Jun 18, 2020
Fuckyoumod:

Just respect yourself!!!

Remember

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy, there are sometimes you need to relax your nerves and you need facilities such as this unless you are an introvert.
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by winnah(f): 6:36am On Jun 18, 2020
Just so you should know.... Tourism is a big business, big industry... Some countries have nothing except tourism and that's their major source of income...

If rivers can use tourism to achieve what akwa ibom is using industry to achieve how is that a problem... There are so many significant, it can attract business (investment), beautification of the place, make the state attractive, accommodating and habitable...

Let udom Emmanuel go and develop Ibeno beach... That beach is the longest (walking) beach in Africa... Despite the presence of Exxon that place is dirty... Every people keep traveling far and wide just to visit that dirty and empty thing call beach...

The opportunity that beach holds and the income that that beach can generate to the state...(based on her location) put together all his mushroom factories... They can't compete...

He can even site a fish processing plant there... If not for ilaje people, Ghana and Cameroonians there are the people cultivating on that sea his people bunches of lazy people (excluding me) majority of the crayfish (about 60%) consume in this country is from akwa ibom

Fuckyoumod:

Just respect yourself!!!

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Kinematics: 6:36am On Jun 18, 2020
skylarr:
This op is a paid agent obviously. I don't even know the essence of this post. With the resources that abound in rivers state, it shouldn't be where it is today in terms of development.

You can say the bolded about Nigeria not just Rivers.
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Kinematics: 6:37am On Jun 18, 2020
desiredhome:

grin grin grin grin grin
[s]My brother you spoke well..... imagine Rivers State been controlled by Agberos taskforce..... that is the reason these sychophans are making mockery of themselves[/s]

A state controlled by agberos as you claim is 100% better than your state.
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by wink2015(m): 8:12am On Jun 18, 2020
NORTHERN NIGERIA is still waiting for crude oil money.

Meanwhile, Rivers state, Akwa Ibom state are fastly diversify their economy for the raining days.
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 18, 2020
sexylassie2:

Are you for real?

Lol.

Go to developed countries and see them name parks after their heroes and you'll realize that I'm for real.

Note that it's not just an amusement park, it's a a nature park too with greenery.
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 18, 2020
erico2k2:

lol since the completion of Ikeja Shoprite, the number of jobless people hanging about at Ikeja underbridge decreased by half grin grin grin

This person does not know the difference between a park and a shopping mall.

#facepalm
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by desiredhome: 8:41am On Jun 18, 2020
Kinematics:

A state controlled by agberos as you claim is 100% better than your state.

Where do you think is my state?.....it's poverty that make people like you sing praises to politicians for doing nothing and will later blame Buhari/North for the poor state of your state or community..........

Shame no catch you...why not travel to other states and see the projects that are going on before talking trash here while your Mr project is building flyovers.......
We will change it to Mr Flyover when he start constructing GRA junction flyover
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by totoboy19: 9:10am On Jun 18, 2020
StephenBB:
Without a roller coaster...its incomplete
and a water park (Tinapa)
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Godisgreatest1: 9:26am On Jun 18, 2020
Rivers State has seriously declined since the current government took over. It's not even about the agbero's that flood the street even in GRA and forces avenue, it's about everything concerning the state. Rivers state is 'smelling'!. Sanitation is zero,dilapidated structures everywhere, state planning has gone on exile, street trading is the new innovation, tourism is a joke, a government that can't organise a single 'CARNIRIV'!, cultism is like a tradition now we are used to it, visit diobu to gborokiri and testify. laziness is the new normal, task force and illegal extortions, the list is too long...no need to argue, feel free to visit Rivers state to see for yourself, seeing is believing.....mention this post negatively and watch the sufferings of Rivers state indigenes and non-indigenes fall on you and your family that no deliverance will ever save you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The World's Largest Cruise Ship Almost Ready To Set Sail | See People Reactions. / Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / Kids Playing On 3rd Mainland Bridge After Being Shut (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.