Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari (772 Views)

Bola Tinubu Lauds Buhari, Masari Over Rescue Of Kankara Boys / Residents Destroy Buhari, Masari Billboards In Katsina, Protest Insecurity / Polls: Katsina’ll Deliver 2.8m Votes To Buhari, Masari – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by JosEast(m): 6:54am On Jun 17, 2020
Thousands of youths on Tuesday in Katsina took part in a peaceful protest asking President Muhammadu Buhari and Governor Aminu Bello Masari to resign. They voiced reservations over rising insecurity across the state, the North West and Nigeria at large.

The youths, under the auspices of Coalition of Northern Groups (CNG), said that the federal government and the North West state governors had failed to tackle the spate of killings by bandits in the region. Similar protest was launched in Niger State where the protesters called for action by the federal government to stem the rising insecurity.

Responding to the protest in Katsina, which is his home state, President Muhammadu Buhari asked the people to be patient but quickly added that taking over the streets by the youths in protest would distract the military operatives deployed to the state to tackle the bandits.

Daily Trust reports that yesterday’s protest was the fourth in the series by residents of Katsina State over rising insecurity in the state in the last one month. There were protests at Daddara town in Jibia LGA, Yantumaki in Danmusa LGA and Yankara in Faskari LGA.

During yesterday’s protest, the youths who came from all the 34 local governments of the state planned to converge at the Kangiwa square, along kofar Soro, at about 8am, with a view to take their plight to the government house. However, while approaching the venue, most of the roads leading to the take-off point were blocked by security agents, a development that forced the protesters to march from different directions.

The youths carried placards with different inscriptions like ‘End the Katsina killings now,” ‘Buhari/Masari resign now, you cannot protect us,’ ‘Banditry and kidnapping are our monsters not corona,’ and ‘Stop the bloodshed,’ among others.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/resign-now-katsina-protesters-tell-buhari-masari.html
Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by EmekaMD(m): 6:55am On Jun 17, 2020
A man who cannot put his own house in order.
I've since lost respect for Buhari as a leader. I dare to say I never expected a lot from him, especially as regards economy.
But I honestly thought he'd have been able to solve the security challenges. I hoped the killers up north would have stopped if they had their core sympathizer in power.

How wrong was I. Security has futher deteriorated.
Nigeria is bleeding from all holes in her.

1 Like

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by Racoon(m): 6:58am On Jun 17, 2020
"..Members of the Katsina State House of Assembly have lamented what they termed worsening insecurity situation in the state, saying ...Both President Buhari and Governor Aminu Masari have failed in securing the lives and property of Katsina State citizens. Our people are being killed on a daily basis but nothing has been done."
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/05/14/katsina-assembly-kicks-as-bandits-massacre-16-people/
Kastina & Arewa groups/people said their son & governor have failed them, but some people will said no he is the best thing after slice bread.The asslickers will say they've been instigated by IPOB. Lets hear what Garba Shehu, Femi Adesina will call them now.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by helinues: 7:02am On Jun 17, 2020
O set go

Good morning Northerners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by Shedrack777: 7:11am On Jun 17, 2020
buhari is going nowhere. he must finish his 3 years be re-elected for third term whether we like it or not. we are in these together
Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by BREYZ: 7:14am On Jun 17, 2020
In a sane country they would have resigned voluntarily. It's a good thing that Masari has acknowledged that he has failed his people but the biggest failure will never accept that, just look at what is happening in Also Villa of all places, it's quite shameful.

1 Like

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by ThatFairGuy: 7:22am On Jun 17, 2020
Apt. They've lagged behind securing life and properties of the helpless citizens.
LIFE comes before ANYTHING. Any Government that fails to secure life and properties has failed. FG needs to act fast.

1 Like

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by Ludlum(m): 7:24am On Jun 17, 2020
is too late bro
Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by Toosure70: 7:29am On Jun 17, 2020
Mumu game, south next.
Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by Cyberterror: 7:30am On Jun 17, 2020
I wish they protested like this when fulani herders started killing southern Kaduna christians and Berom christians in Plateau state. The north should not react only when Muslims are being killed. They mouth one north but it is actually muslims they see as north.

3 Likes

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by saaron(m): 7:33am On Jun 17, 2020
An empty headed man can't give what he doesn't have.
Nigerians all over the country should join the people of Katsina state and demand buhari's immediate resignation.
ONE NIGERIA DOES NOT EXIST!

1 Like

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by Fasindo: 7:35am On Jun 17, 2020
shocked

Allah Akbar

Nnamdi kalu nd IPOB propaganda news
I was in Kastina yesterday nd I was among d protesters, d protest was to appreciate Baba Buhari nd Govr Masari for protecting d lives nd properties of Kastinians.

There is no insecurity in d north not to talk of Kastina that is Baba Buhari home State.

No bandits in d entire north

Insha Allah Baba Buhari till 2091 gaskiya.

1 Like

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by saaron(m): 7:39am On Jun 17, 2020
EmekaMD:
A man who cannot put his own house in order.
I've since lost respect for Buhari as a leader. I dare to say I never expected a lot from him, especially as regards economy.
But I honestly thought he'd have been able to solve the security challenges. I hoped the killers up north would have stopped if they had their core sympathizer in power.

How wrong was I. Security has futher deteriorated.
Nigeria is bleeding from all holes in her.
The security situation in the North is Karma and Nemesis dealing with them. What goes around comes around. The terrorist they sponsored to destroy lives and properties in Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria has come back to consume them. They're simply reaping what they sow.
Believe me or not, Northern elites are the sponsors of Boko Haram and Fulani terrorist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by Racoon(m): 7:55am On Jun 17, 2020
saaron:
The security situation in the North is Karma & Nemesis dealing with them.What goes around comes around.The terrorist they sponsored to destroy lives/properties in Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria has come back to consume them.

They're simply reaping what they sow.Believe me or not, Northern elites are the sponsors of Boko Haram and Fulani terrorist.ONE NIGERIA DOES NOT EXIST!
I am now forced to believe you bro.They planted and nurtured it.Now karma is back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by hisgrace090: 8:02am On Jun 17, 2020
They need to find out if their son Buhari is in aso rock first.

1 Like

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by saaron(m): 8:05am On Jun 17, 2020
Racoon:

I am now forced to believe you bro.They planted and nurtured it.Now karma is back.
Exactly. Those who dig ditches for others will FALL INSIDE the same pit.

2 Likes

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by Supan(m): 8:47am On Jun 17, 2020
saaron:
The security situation in the North is Karma and Nemesis dealing with them. What goes around comes around. The terrorist they sponsored to destroy lives and properties in Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria has come back to consume them. They're simply reaping what they sow.
Believe me or not, Northern elites are the sponsors of Boko Haram and Fulani terrorist.

You are correct. They are wailing now because the terrorist they armed couldn't move further south to kill rather they are with them in the north consuming them.

If Buhari is sincere, he would have dealt with them the way Yaradua dealt with boko haram.

Sai Baba till the death you planned for others consume you all.

4 Likes

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by Racoon(m): 9:33am On Jun 17, 2020
The youths carried placards with different inscriptions like ‘End the Katsina killings now,” ‘Buhari/Masari resign now, you cannot protect us,’ ‘Banditry and kidnapping are our monsters not corona,’ and ‘Stop the bloodshed,’ among others.
Reality is more clearer now.They are now blaming the correct people.Failed leaders cant give responsible leadership.Why are the zombies avoiding threads on this bandits issues?

1 Like

Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:38am On Jun 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
I wish they protested like this when fulani herders started killing southern Kaduna christians and Berom christians in Plateau state. The north should not react only when Muslims are being killed. They mouth one north but it is actually muslims they see as north.
You make no sense
Their state has been under attack and its indigenes are protesting same thing the Southern Kaduna people did,same thing they did in plateau State.
Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by slivertongue: 9:45am On Jun 17, 2020
no leave , no transfer
Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by slivertongue: 9:48am On Jun 17, 2020
the federal government and the North West state governors had failed to tackle the spate of killings by bandits in the region.
Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by Finnese001: 9:58am On Jun 17, 2020
hisgrace090:
They need to find out if their son Buhari is in also rock first.

lol oil dey your head
Re: Resign Now, Katsina Protesters Tell Buhari, Masari by Surrender: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2020
Good morning, I am a qualified driver based in Abuja. I am looking for someone who is willing to lease his/her car out for Uber driving job. Be rest assured that your car will be in a safe hand.

Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Will Nigeria Survive Beyond 2023? / Nigerian Senate Calls For Memoranda For The Review Of 1999 Constitution / World In Disarray: Angry Exchanges At Top UN Meeting On COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.