Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? (3397 Views)

Any Reliable Free Webhost, Please? / Best Web Hosting Company In Nigeria / Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by instinctg(m): 2:07pm On Jan 26, 2011
I have been appalled by the growing rate of sub-standard hosting companies in Nigeria & i presently need to host some Coldfusion sites online ; preferably with a ColdFusion hosting company in Nigeria.
Any hints?
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 2:09pm On Jan 26, 2011
You mean people still use Coldfusion in this day and age? Interesting.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by instinctg(m): 2:19pm On Jan 26, 2011
@seun
Y not? people think its losing steam, its still widly used, though not this part of the world.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 2:53pm On Jan 26, 2011
Seun:

You mean people still use Coldfusion in this day and age?  Interesting.

You're talking as if coldfusion is outdated. That PHP is the most popular scripting language does not mean others are not used.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by instinctg(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2011
a large % of the top 500 Fortune companies use it as their intranet solution.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2011
instinctg:
a large % of the top 500 Fortune companies use it as their intranet solution.
Interesting factoid, thanks.  Many of those same companies use COBOL and Mainframes too, though.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by kodewrita(m): 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2011
Seun:

Interesting factoid, thanks. Many of those same companies use COBOL and Mainframes too, though.
So much for progress. any chance python or ruby might replace these(CFusion n COBOL)
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by squaye85: 11:44am On Mar 17, 2011
the guy was asking for a reliable coldfusion hosting company in Nigeria and not which is the out dated or heavily used scripting languge.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by kodewrita(m): 1:11pm On Mar 17, 2011
squaye85:

the guy was asking for a reliable coldfusion hosting company in Nigeria and not which is the out dated or heavily used scripting languge.
Then answer him and stop picking fights.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 5:13pm On Mar 17, 2011
I guess the answer is that there's no coldfusion host in nigeria. At least I've not come across any.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by instinctg(m): 10:11am On Mar 18, 2011
its quite difficult getting coldfusion hosting companies in Nigeria, but i ve gotten two anyway. I think the issue lies with our local hosting companies waking up and meeting industry standards.
any way, for those of u dat tink ColdFusion is dead, its ur cup of tea. To me, its alive cos it pays my bills
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by squaye85: 10:34am On Mar 18, 2011
@instinctg, nice one there,
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by nathltd: 11:20pm On May 28, 2011
U guys don't know much about coldfusion. Its the greatest thing that ever happened to web App Dev. I write my codes on coldfusion 9 (with d power of Javascript, flash anim & MS Access Database) and host my site with a US based server that support it. I believe nigeria hosters will get there someday.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by Shyna4me: 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2011
There is now Coldfusion Hosting in Nigeria (http://www.justaplus.com). They are very strong and reliable. Though they accepted LR and AlertPay for now. I hosted one of the site I developed in coldfusion with them (http://www.strictlywebtutor.com.ng).

I hope this info helps.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by ihostafric: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2011
Please visit http://www.ihostafrica.com

All your coldfusion needs will be taken care of.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by nathltd: 4:05am On Sep 25, 2011
@ihostafric u do not hv coldfusion. Cheap pub.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by instinctg(m): 7:45am On Sep 25, 2011
Lol
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by nathltd: 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2011
not imprssed, check nathconcept.com, aef.org.ng.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by ihostafric: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2011
@nathltd, you dont need to say that, send me an email at info@ihostafrica.com with your requirements, and the domain name you want to use, i will set you up in 20 minutes and give you 60days free test trail.

Inclusive of anybody that might also be in doubt.

Regards
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by DualCore1: 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2011
LoLz, funny thread.

For those claiming they have coldfusion and can host CF, run the command below as root (if you dunno what that means, ask your "daddy" to run it for you) and post the output here.

#cd /opt/coldfusion[version]/bin
#./coldfusion start

If you can't come up with an output that shows coldfusion has started or failed to start cuz its already running, stay quiet this isn't some cPanel addon ish.

. . . may get dirty with this later on on a sandbox.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by ihostafric: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2011
LoLz, funny thread.

For those claiming they have coldfusion and can host CF, run the command below as root (if you dunno what that means, ask your "daddy" to run it for you) and post the output here.

#cd /opt/coldfusion[version]/bin
#./coldfusion start

If you can't come up with an output that shows coldfusion has started or failed to start cuz its already running, stay quiet this isn't some cPanel addon ish.

. . . may get dirty with this later on on a sandbox.

@Dualcore,

You kno what? you are just a baby, if you feel you know something, send me an email i have an assignment for you, people like you waste your time doing the unnecessary things around, why can't you come up here and give us projects you have run on cold fusion, that are live on the net, not your tokunbo system sandbox, i see you as someone disturbing the serious minds around in this forum, i am still expecting your response to what i ask you on the thread below
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-754966.99999.html#bot

you are here again running your mouth and hand, come out and tell us the wonderful things you have done not to criticize what other people are putting in place.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by DualCore1: 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2011
Bleh! see this one!!
Sorry dude, I am a PHP diehard web developer and a Linux admin who fuccks with penguins in the cold nights while you lay asleep. I have zero experience with coldfusion cuz I see no use for it as I can screw your GF over with PHP. I don't need to know jack about coldfusion to get it working on Linux. You never see mechanic wey no sabi drive right-handed cars abi? Don't worry you are growing. . . there's a lot to see.

As I said, all the kids claiming to host coldfusion. . . show you are not a kid by posting an output of the Linux command I posted above. I have to state clearly that the command above is Linux as I see babies thinking its coldfusion. Dude where are you from? I saw you bashing a fellow here cuz he's a reseller. . . it turns out he has more sense than you.

As for your shitty request for acquisition I don't answer retar.ded questions. Anyone who sees no use for 24/7 online tech support and an SSL on a site that collects customer personal information and ensures customer privacy is retar.ded. . . for the time being.
If you think webhosting is about borrowing money to pay for a 2 year lease on a managed dedicated server, reboot your thoughts.

I see you have no idea what a sandbox is. You think you know but I have seen your type come, go, come again, get frustrated, go, come again humbled.

If you like take this as a challenge and go and install coldfusion on your cPanel server (if you even can), I accept no responsibilities for how fuccked your apache config will be after a rebuild.

You want to gimme assignment! You must be outta your sanity. Just cuz I am on the same thread with you you think we are technically at par? Give yourself the personal goal of reading my 8000 posts, you may just get intelligent and also know how to flirt and chyke babes better than *dhtml wink
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by ihostafric: 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2011
Your name is dual core, we have a name to protect, as per ihostafrica, exchanging words with you under my company's ID is not a polite one, wait for my response under my ID ysiegel, then you will show your stunt technically.

you can write 1 million post for all i care if it makes no sense to me they are just waste of time, like i said tell us what you have done as a php guru and let people asses you, and stop picking on what other people have said then we will know if you are technically sound or not, everyone can see ihostafrica's website and they can comment, give us your own, even if it's your personal site, or tell us if you build nairaland, mark my word and everyone reading, Dualcore should come back here and post a site he has built or a project he has done php wise, then we will evaluate your competence, it is so dull of you to count investment out any business.

i am very sure you have not graduated from school when i start learning php, that is if you even graduate, i don't want to know how old you are, you are so small to evaluate my competence, but i will not drag the company i work for into this, watch out for ysiegel that's my personal ID and until you tell me what you have done or any of your post that make sense, as for me you are just an empty barrel.

Good Day.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 6:32pm On Sep 26, 2011
I don't think it's business wise for any host in Nigeria to specialize in Coldfusion hosting as the market is very minute. Most people use PHP and to a smaller extent ASP. These are the markets to conquer.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by ihostafric: 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2011
I don't think it's business wise for any host in Nigeria to specialize in Coldfusion hosting as the market is very minute. Most people use PHP and to a smaller extent ASP. These are the markets to conquer.

But i guess it is wise for a service provisioning company to have a wide range of service to cover every intended customers needs and requirements, be it's old or outdated.

Especially companies that has the capacity and technical know how to do so.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by instinctg(m): 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2011
@dual and ihostafric
U don't need to start a tug here.
Regarding coldfusion hosting, I still stand by d fact dat nigerian host companies need to create room for other technologies
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by nathltd: 9:55pm On Sep 26, 2011
@dualCore, u sound immature. For d fact, I hv bn using CF 4 d past 5yrs n it delivas my intended result n it pays my bills. But knowin all programin jagons without a decent project, u r lik a fed govt berocrat. I am challenged by recent posts, im not bias abt other lang but, make my word, in 2yrs time naija'll be flooded with cf developers. Pls guys CeaseFire.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by DualCore1: 7:27am On Sep 27, 2011
nathltd:

@dualCore, u sound immature. For d fact, I hv bn using CF 4 d past 5yrs n it delivas my intended result n it pays my bills. But knowin all programin jagons without a decent project, u r lik a fed govt berocrat. I am challenged by recent posts, im not bias abt other lang but, make my word, in 2yrs time naija'll be flooded with cf developers. Pls guys CeaseFire.
Look dude, I have no issues with Coldfusion and as said earlier I see no use for it cuz PHP takes care of my every need. You looking for my projects? Stick around bro, sorry I am not one of those show-me-your-works kinda dude. I studied software eng and majored in Java but hey, I don't need Java to do my everyday work but that doesnt mean I can't code in Java if the job demands that. If for any reason a job demands coldfusion cuz PHP can't handle it. . . ofcourse I will use coldfusion. . . but ofcourse that's almost likely never going to happen. . .cuz PHP got it all. Don't hate, no one put a gun to your head to choose your "home" language. If you have faith in your "home" language, stick with it and preach it. I'd like to get back to you in 2 years on this and we see the development of CF. I am wondering what spectacular thing would happen in 2 years that couldn't happen all the while. . . this is 2011.

ihostafric:

Your name is dual core, we have a name to protect, as per ihostafrica, exchanging words with you under my company's ID is not a polite one, wait for my response under my ID ysiegel, then you will show your stunt technically.

you can write 1 million post for all i care if it makes no sense to me they are just waste of time, like i said tell us what you have done as a php guru and let people asses you, and stop picking on what other people have said then we will know if you are technically sound or not, everyone can see ihostafrica's website and they can comment, give us your own, even if it's your personal site, or tell us if you build nairaland, mark my word and everyone reading, Dualcore should come back here and post a site he has built or a project he has done php wise, then we will evaluate your competence, it is so dull of you to count investment out any business.

i am very sure you have not graduated from school when i start learning php, that is if you even graduate, i don't want to know how old you are, you are so small to evaluate my competence, but i will not drag the company i work for into this, watch out for ysiegel that's my personal ID and until you tell me what you have done or any of your post that make sense, as for me you are just an empty barrel.

Good Day.
You don't protect a name when you haven't made one. You should have thought of your name before you embarked on your career suicide.

instinctg:

@dual and ihostafric
U don't need to start a tug here.
Regarding coldfusion hosting, I still stand by d fact dat nigerian host companies need to create room for other technologies
Coldfusion is not Linux that's opensource so one has to count the cost and weigh it with demand. Since 2007 I havn't seen huge project done with CF here and apart from the member "Timileyin" (i kno I got that spelling wrong, but u kno who I'm talking about) I don't see anyone really preaching CF.

So CF evangelists should create the demand and supply will follow. We can't put supply before demand and we can't supply when demand faint. Until then I suggest you get a VPS and install coldfusion on it and use it for your needs.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by ysiegel: 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2011
@Dualcore,

It just typically shows how small you are and even in the trend of technology, be it you code with java oo or you uncode with php, give us one significant project you have done with that your java and php, you would have said people should report their projects to you so that you can see that coldfusion is still in existence, it just typically shows you are just growing and you met the era of php and that is what you were taught, that does not mean the people that has been in existense before you know how to call names does not know what they are doing, you can as well say all other programming languages are no more useful because you met java and you were taught how to write java program.

come back here and give us what you have done, then we will call you a man, as for now you are nobody,
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by nathltd: 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2011
@dualcore, I percieve u r a fresh grad n respect ur views, just a little intro - I do java and javascript very well, and coldfusion is built on java which makes it flexible for java progmers. Im coming up with a CF community in lagos backed-up with a web-blog. I believe, a little CF enlightenment will excite u of its capablities. Im not condeming any lang. but I hv tried some including php but maybe due to my preference I choosed d CF path. pls ease your adrenaline, u never kno what CF could do for U.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by DualCore1: 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
@yslegel, you can start eating dust if you want. I don't owe you a single URL to any of my jobs. As said earlier, I am not the everyday guy you see around flaunting jobs to prove a point. You want a job done and can pay? Send a job request like the gazzilion others do and if I am free to take up new projects, you'd hear from me.

@the post directly above mine(sorry, forgot the name and I'm posting from a handheld, can't go back lol). I am glad coldfusion works for you so preach it. PHP has worked for me for ages and I preach it. . .and no I am not a fresh grad. I'd like to see you or anyone else make some CF impact here for those interested in it and for the entire dev community.
Re: Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? by mrperfect(m): 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2011
I belief the poster must have gotten what he wanted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Building (another) Blog. Want To Follow Along? / Seven Blog Killers To Avoid / Www.facebookmail.com.ng For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.