Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,847 members, 7,817,508 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting (40730 Views)

State Police: 20 Governors’ Decisions Ready For NEC May – NGF / Bagudu: Why APC Governors Are Pushing For NEC Meeting / APC NWC: Buhari Not Aware Of Invitation For NEC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by slivertongue: 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dansuqi:

Yes the next ranking officers from the south will always take over
read ur constitution up straight and not up side down
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by Dansuqi: 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2020
slivertongue:

read ur constitution up straight and not up side down

Read it on my behalf boy
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by concerned99: 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2020
emmanuelbrown26:

U are right somehow baba, but I don't see godatherism going out of afonja land very soon. Like I said before, I have toured round the federation, I HV mingled with the whole tribes, but west are not ready to let go of godfatherims. The worst place is Lagos, they afonjas in Lagos are ready to kill or get killed bcs of one godfatherism. When ambode was out casted, I expected him to fight like a man, he just chickened out and afonjas sumpported the same godfather. This is damn bad, they really HV to wake up

When people compare obaseki and ambode you guys really need to be fair. Obaseki is fighting oshiomole with chemical warfare, nuclear missiles while you guys expected ambode to fight asiwaju with sticks and stones. First of all obaseki, his deputy, ssg and most of his cabinet members stood with him. 18 local government chairmen and 10 house of assembly members are also with him. The former apc chairman oyegun and the apc governors forum came out to show support on behalf of obaseki. Ambode's predicament happened during the general elections when other governors were either going for re-election or trying to install a successor, so most of them were pre-occupied. Ambode's deputy, ssg and most cabinet members abandoned him. 1 house of assembly member and 2 lcda chairman not recognized by Abuja stood with him. Obaseki had loyal party men ready to fight in each city, while in lagos that national road transport workers union under the tag of mc oluomo were going around to make sure no one on ground supports ambode. So it would have been difficult for ambode to fight back.
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by andrewtosin(m): 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
I wonder oh
helinues:
Is it the same Ajimobi that some news are saying he is in coma?
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by emmanuelbrown26: 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
concerned99:

When people compare obaseki and ambode you guys really need to be fair. Obaseki is fighting oshiomole with chemical warfare, nuclear missiles while you guys expected ambode to fight asiwaju with sticks and stones. First of all obaseki, his deputy, ssg and most of his cabinet members stood with him. 18 local government chairmen and 10 house of assembly members are also with him. The former apc chairman oyegun and the apc governors forum came out to show support on behalf of obaseki. Ambode's predicament happened during the general elections when other governors were either going for re-election or trying to install a successor, so most of them were pre-occupied. Ambode's deputy, ssg and most cabinet members abandoned him. 1 house of assembly member and 2 lcda chairman not recognized by Abuja stood with him. Obaseki had loyal party men ready to fight in each city, while in lagos that national road transport workers union under the tag of mc oluomo were going around to make sure no one on ground supports ambode. So it would have been difficult for ambode to fight back.
Baba I understand your angle and I respect that. But one thing I have against west is how the always chicken out when the game is hot ( note, I have friends across the federation) but they always feel like one idiot can detect to u which is not suppose to be. Ambode displayed a cowardice attitude, even when he knew that the odd was against him, but he would have atleast fought to prove a point.
Believe me, had it been that Ambode fought tinubu things would have had a new shape in Yoruba politics.
I remember vividly during 2011 election, I was in IMO state then, imolite all came out with one voice and voted rochas, upon the curfew govt of then placed but Imolites were damn adamant, West really have to change the way they play this nonsense gpdfatherism.
See baba, I dun waka well well, if I keep writing what I have seen across the federation, we will keep dragging this topic
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by Bitchiamjay(m): 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2020
This country is a joke !

Call for meeting in his sick bed ? You mean they should show up in the land of coma ?
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by slivertongue: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dansuqi:

Read it on my behalf boy
MAN ooo
u are trying to cited what u have not read. na wa oo for una
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by akdjr(m): 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2020
Please Lawyers in the house I need clarification on this Oshiomole suspension via the appeal court. If a sitting Governor is sacked by tribunal, he proceed to appeal while still carrying out his function as Governor. Then if he lost at the appeal he will proceed to supreme Court while still carrying out his function till supreme Court judgement. My question now is why Oshiomole was ask to vacate his position as chairman without going to supreme Court?
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by concerned99: 8:53pm On Jun 17, 2020
emmanuelbrown26:

Baba I understand your angle and I respect that. But one thing I have against west is how the always chicken out when the game is hot ( note, I have friends across the federation) but they always feel like one idiot can detect to u which is not suppose to be. Ambode displayed a cowardice attitude, even when he knew that the odd was against him, but he would have atleast fought to prove a point.
Believe me, had it been that Ambode fought tinubu things would have had a new shape in Yoruba politics.
I remember vividly during 2011 election, I was in IMO state then, imolite all came out with one voice and voted rochas, upon the curfew govt of then placed but Imolites were damn adamant, West really have to change the way they play this nonsense gpdfatherism.
See baba, I dun waka well well, if I keep writing what I have seen across the federation, we will keep dragging this topic

First of all people have a misconception of the power tinubu holds in the southwest and the so called godfather thing. In ogun state even the likes of obasanjo a two time president can not call himself a godfather in the state. Osinbajo the current vp can't have his way all the time and would have to consult others just to see head way. With the kind of money bags and influential people from ogun state no one man can say he has a monopoly in that state. Oyo state as you know is a pdp state and all the stakeholders irrespective of party joined forces to remove apc. Since the death of baba adedibu no one man can claim to hold oyo state. Even when baba adedibu was alive he held Ibadan and some other parts but not all of oyo. In ekiti asiwaju is persona non grata which means he is not welcomed. Although it's an apc state the current governor and chairman governors forum kayode fayemi is also nursing a presidential and has been fighting tooth and nail to remove oshiomole because of asiwaju. When it comes to ondo
state I can say asiwaju has a stake and his loyalist will be 40% while the other 60% belongs to the current governor and some other stake holders. Akeredolu the current governor of ondo is 5 & 6 with the current governor of ekiti and they don't see eye to eye with asiwaju.
Osun is asiwaju's home state and he is from Aragbiji, so with his large influence in lagos they see him as one of their most illustrious son's. So yes in Osun state he is the alfa and omega. He nominated his former commissioner Aregbesola as governor for two terms and made his cousin Oyetola the current governor of Osun. To top the icing on the cake he personally picked who was to be the Oni of Ife who is the paramount ruler of Yoruba land.

Now Lagos state and Kaduna state have the same problem, so let me explain. Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria so most tribes resided in lagos
due to work and it's financial capability. Almost all of the rich Yoruba people would have a home in their hometown also have their house in lagos. In the north before Abuja came about all the rich northerners built their houses in their villages and in Kaduna states. So that's why you see that these are the only 2 states where you can be a governor without being an indigene of the state. Lets continue with lagos, asiwaju from osun did 8 years installed fashola from ekiti and he did 8 years, installed ambode from ilaje ondo for 4 years, then installed the current governor Sanwo-olu from ijebu mushin ogun state while the deputy governor hamzat is from ewkoro ogun state. In the 21years after military rule no lagos indigene has come close to being governor and in that period asiwaju installed his choice of oba of lagos,made his pa oba elegushi who controls most of the high brow area of lekki, and he just made his former adc when he was governor who also left police work and has been a commissioner since fashola's time till date the new oniru of lagos that controls most of Victoria island and the eko atlantic. So when you speak of him being a godfather he has put his boys in the right places in lagos and osun. Then with his deep pockets from the finances from lagos state why won't some people follow him.
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by concerned99: 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
emmanuelbrown26:

First of all people have a misconception of the power tinubu holds in the southwest and the so called godfather thing. In ogun state even the likes of obasanjo a two time president can not call himself a godfather in the state. Osinbajo the current vp can't have his way all the time and would have to consult others just to see head way. With the kind of money bags and influential people from ogun state no one man can say he has a monopoly in that state. Oyo state as you know is a pdp state and all the stakeholders irrespective of party joined forces to remove apc. Since the death of baba adedibu no one man can claim to hold oyo state. Even when baba adedibu was alive he held Ibadan and some other parts but not all of oyo. In ekiti asiwaju is persona non grata which means he is not welcomed. Although it's an apc state the current governor and chairman governors forum kayode fayemi is also nursing a presidential and has been fighting tooth and nail to remove oshiomole because of asiwaju. When it comes to ondo
state I can say asiwaju has a stake and his loyalist will be 40% while the other 60% belongs to the current governor and some other stake holders. Akeredolu the current governor of ondo is 5 & 6 with the current governor of ekiti and they don't see eye to eye with asiwaju.
Osun is asiwaju's home state and he is from Aragbiji, so with his large influence in lagos they see him as one of their most illustrious son's. So yes in Osun state he is the alfa and omega. He nominated his former commissioner Aregbesola as governor for two terms and made his cousin Oyetola the current governor of Osun. To top the icing on the cake he personally picked who was to be the Oni of Ife who is the paramount ruler of Yoruba land.

Now Lagos state and Kaduna state have the same problem, so let me explain. Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria so most tribes resided in lagos
due to work and it's financial capability. Almost all of the rich Yoruba people would have a home in their hometown also have their house in lagos. In the north before Abuja came about all the rich northerners built their houses in their villages and in Kaduna states. So that's why you see that these are the only 2 states where you can be a governor without being an indigene of the state. Lets continue with lagos, asiwaju from osun did 8 years installed fashola from ekiti and he did 8 years, installed ambode from ilaje ondo for 4 years, then installed the current governor Sanwo-olu from ijebu mushin ogun state while the deputy governor hamzat is from ewkoro ogun state. In the 21years after military rule no lagos indigene has come close to being governor and in that period asiwaju installed his choice of oba of lagos,made his pa oba elegushi who controls most of the high brow area of lekki, and he just made his former adc when he was governor who also left police work and has been a commissioner since fashola's time till date the new oniru of lagos that controls most of Victoria island and the eko atlantic. So when you speak of him being a godfather he has put his boys in the right places in lagos and osun. Then with his deep pockets from the finances from lagos state why won't some people follow him.
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by ngwababe(f): 1:57am On Jun 18, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

Did you understand his question

I thought I did. cheesy

Proudlyngwa, Engr harawa smiley where is my gift? grin
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
ngwababe:

I thought I did. cheesy

Proudlyngwa, Engr harawa smiley where is my gift?

Bia Nwanyi,
After you don drink wine finish, forget me you dey ask gift, na onyinye dey.
kiss
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by ngwababe(f): 9:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

Bia Nwanyi,
After you don drink wine finish, forget me you dey ask gift, na onyinye dey.
kiss

Come make I give you na? cheesy
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
ngwababe:

Come make I give you na? cheesy

How we go take see, make I take collect am
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by ngwababe(f): 2:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

How we go take see, make I take collect am

Come Aba na.
Re: APC Crisis: Ajimobi Takes Over As National Chairman, To Call For NEC Meeting by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
ngwababe:

Come Aba na.
Nwanne, DM me, make we reason

Abum nwa ngwa road but otella, almost 4 years I reach home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amotekun: Femi Fani-Kayode Says 'Go Ahead And Arrest Us, We Will Never Stop' / Police Stop Ajimobi-Led APC From Entering Party National Secretariat / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Court In Handcuffs. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.