Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees (35325 Views)

Kano Governorship: APC Shares ‘Aso-Ebi’ Ahead Of Supreme Court Ruling (Pictures) / Ajimobi Inaugurates APC Edo Election, Appeal Committees / Meet Jide Sanwo-Olu: Biography, Governorship APC Lagos State Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by seanfer(m): 11:04am On Jun 18, 2020
fergie001:

Ok......What about Issa-Onilu?

......dansuqi

Thanks for the addition.. It skipped my mind that Issa-Onilu was Deputy Publicity Secretary before...
More of people like you will always make this forum interesting and educating.. Unlike the tribal warriors that are everywhere.
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by fergie001: 11:17am On Jun 18, 2020
seanfer:

Thanks for the addition.. It skipped my mind that Issa-Onilu was Deputy Publicity Secretary before...
More of people like you will always make this forum interesting and educating.. Unlike the tribal warriors that are everywhere.
Those are kids abeg, they are actung their ages.

Nabena is the Deputy who had been acting after Bolaji Abdullahi was relieved of his job.

I just confirmed Issa-Onilu was ratified by a Mini-Convention so he is legit.

It is Deputy National Chairman South and National Secretary that are the issues because they are meeting stumbling blocks from Ekiti and Yobe States respectively.
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by Dansuqi: 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
seanfer:

Issa onilu was never deputy nat secre

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by Dansuqi: 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2020
fergie001:

Nabena is the Deputy who had been acting after Bolaji Abdullahi was relieved of his job.

It is Deputy National Chairman South and National Secretary that are the issues because they are meeting stumbling blocks from Ekiti and Yobe States respectively.

What you need to understand is that no political party can follow its own laws 100%...you can take pdp for example.they are usually loopholes....a lot of things are overlooked and even the law court knows that... everybody has erred one way or the other but with ajimobi being the safest choice and with majority with him,I don't see how the supreme court will look beyond him ratification or none.internal leadership affairs are very messy and complex like marriage cases,it is best you don't get sucked in
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by fergie001: 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2020
Dansuqi:

What you need to understand is that no political party can follow its own laws 100%...you can take pdp for example.they are usually loopholes....a lot of things are overlooked and even the law court knows that... everybody has erred one way or the other but with ajimobi being the safest choice and with majority with him,I don't see how the supreme court will look beyond him ratification or none.internal leadership affairs are very messy and complex like marriage cases,it is best you don't get sucked in
The Court will always tell you "Ignorance is no excuse in the Court of Law."

I understand that political parties are not perfect so are our Courts.

This SC under Tanko, has shown a love for technicalities from the beginning and it hasn't abated.

Ratification is to give formal consent to an agreement.

It happened with Issa-Onilu and they organised a Mini-Convention immediately and ratified him.

Why not organise immediately for Ajimobi? This is because he has no teeth.
Only Ekiti is opposing....you have 5 v 1.
I can agree if the NWC will say we are picking Eta but issues that might go anywhere is dicey.
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by seanfer(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
fergie001:

Thanks for the info.
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by fergie001: 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
seanfer:

Thanks for the info.
Always welcome Sir
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by Dansuqi: 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
fergie001:

The Court will always tell you "Ignorance is no excuse in the Court of Law."

I understand that political parties are not perfect so are our Courts.

This SC under Tanko, has shown a love for technicalities from the beginning and it hasn't abated.

Ratification is to give formal consent to an agreement.

It happened with Issa-Onilu and they organised a Mini-Convention immediately and ratified him.

Why not organise immediately for Ajimobi? This is because he has no teeth.
Only Ekiti is opposing....you have 5 v 1.
I can agree if the NWC will say we are picking Eta but issues that might go anywhere is dicey.

What do you mean by he has no teeth? Since 5 have agreed,ekiti is wasting their time.I personally don't even like ajimobi.mind you,the nwc works as a body and not one person.so whoever acts as chair does not matter if he carries the nwc along.the only person supporting giadom is sani Ibrahim,a non nwc member.

The tanko led panel only bows to technicalities which cannot be ignored...

You arw too rigid and mechanical. A corrupt boss would not like to work with you
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by fergie001: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
Dansuqi:

What do you mean by he has no teeth? Since 5 have agreed,ekiti is wasting their time.I personally don't even like ajimobi.mind you,the nwc works as a body and not one person.so whoever acts as chair does not matter if he carries the nwc along.the only person supporting giadom is sani Ibrahim,a non nwc member.

The tanko led panel only bows to technicalities which cannot be ignored...

You arw too rigid and mechanical. A corrupt boss would not like to work with you

Yes but his appointment was contrary to Article 20 of the APC Constitution.
His matter is still in Court as we speak.

The Chairman of the NWC is very important, as he heads the NEC; the most powerful body after the Convention.

Any decision(s) made with him presiding is null and void; and you know that.

I abhor corruption in all of its entirety. That's why I am not a good politician.

Again. that's what Lyon and Degi would have said.
That's what Ihedioha would have said before he was removed.
If an enemy wants to attack you....you have to close all your loopholes.
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by Dansuqi: 12:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
fergie001:

Yes but his appointment was contrary to Article 20 of the APC Constitution.
His matter is still in Court as we speak.

The Chairman of the NWC is very important, as he heads the NEC; the most powerful body after the Convention.

Any decision(s) made with him presiding is null and void; and you know that.

I abhor corruption in all of its entirety. That's why I am not a good politician.

Again. that's what Lyon and Degi would have said.
That's what Ihedioha would have said before he was removed.
If an enemy wants to attack you....you have to close all your loopholes.

Yes.let Hilliard act till after the primaries
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by fergie001: 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
Dansuqi:

Yes.let Hilliard act till after the primaries
Unless that.....
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by Dansuqi: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2020
fergie001:

Unless that.....

I know you have some reservations too.thank God ajimobi is hospitalized and primaries is on Monday...he will not recover before then since hes in coma
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by fergie001: 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
Dansuqi:

I know you have some reservations too.thank God ajimobi is hospitalized and primaries is on Monday...he will not recover before then since hes in coma
Heard, he is out of coma but still in serious condition...his aide said so sha.
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by Dansuqi: 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
fergie001:

Heard, he is out of coma but still in serious condition...his aide said so sha.

He will go back there
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by fergie001: 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
Dansuqi:

He will go back there
God forbid.....He will be fine.
He misbehaved in Oyo as Governor, especially with his mouth..but can't wish him ill-health.
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by Dansuqi: 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
fergie001:

God forbid.....He will be fine.
He misbehaved in Oyo as Governor, especially with his mouth..but can't wish him ill-health.

No,he performed well projects wise but I don't like him.I wonder why tinubu likes him
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by fergie001: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
Dansuqi:

No,he performed well projects wise but I don't like him.I wonder why tinubu likes him
I don't know how Oyo was before him but during my stay in Ibadan whilst he was Governor....the place make sense but his mouth ehn.
He is loud-mouthed, an Emperor, arrogant as in...pensioners, students, staff....he talks without any modicum of sympathy or respect.

He has a weakness nah.....money.
Before the Oyo APC Primaries, Joseph Tegbe, was his candidate.
Last minute, calls came from Lagos that a deputy Gov of CBN, Adelabu intends to contest.
And Adelabu as CBN deputy Gov was instrumental to his securing a World Bank or IMF loan for an ill-fated "Oyo Technical University".
That place is barren land until I left IB with millions of dollars in the kitty.

That was how Tegbe was shifted.
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by Dansuqi: 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2020
fergie001:

I don't know how Oyo was before him but during my stay in Ibadan whilst he was Governor....the place make sense but his mouth ehn.
He is loud-mouthed, an Emperor, arrogant as in...pensioners, students, staff....he talks without any modicum of sympathy or respect.

He has a weakness nah.....money.
Before the Oyo APC Primaries, Joseph Tegbe, was his candidate.
Last minute, calls came from Lagos that a deputy Gov of CBN, Adelabu intends to contest.
And Adelabu as CBN deputy Gov was instrumental to his securing a World Bank or IMF loan for an ill-fated "Oyo Technical University".
That place is barren land until I left IB with millions of dollars in the kitty.

That was how Tegbe was shifted.

Yes,his mouth and disrespectful nature esp to the traditional institution finished and yorubas dislike rude people.plus the overbearing nature of his wife.even tegbe would not have defeated makinde.maybe if lanlehin was in apc or fatai buhari was fielded
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by fergie001: 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
Dansuqi:

Yes,his mouth and disrespectful nature esp to the traditional institution finished and yorubas dislike rude people.plus the overbearing nature of his wife.even tegbe would not have defeated makinde.maybe if lanlehin was in apc or fatai buhari was fielded
I don't know of now....but if you know how strong Makinde had been before now, no be small. The platform PDP ensured no division of votes.
The traditional institutions were a factor too and moreover irrespective who APC had fielded it would have been difficult because of Ajimobi.
Then his fight with Shittu and co.

I like them for one thing the way they vote.
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by PIMPAR: 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Heavensent01:

like seriously? you no get shame. I'm not mate with your uncle in case you don't know

you this uncultured blockhead kids trolling people on Nairaland here no dey look face, if in next sacrifice to appease your village god you're not use for sacrifice, then you've hope
Really? From your local enclave you are putting up this one?
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by Heavensent01(m): 6:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
PIMPAR:

Really? From your local enclave you are putting up this one?

you need 21 century IQ to measure up with me kid, I will thrash you and drop you to the dustbin that you belong to

dey look face before you jam talk
Re: Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees by OBUKSBAYELSA: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
seanfer:

You’re commenting on something higher than your comprehension. Only 2 out of 13 the members present were still awaiting ratification from the NEC. I’ve been reading your comments and it shows you’re just commenting on hearsay. I saw what you wrote about southern Ijaw.

What about it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose / Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision / Yahaya Bello Moves To Displace Ganduje As APC Chairman, Posters Flood Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.