Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

James The Younger Brother Of Jesus Took Over Church Leadership - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / James The Younger Brother Of Jesus Took Over Church Leadership (351 Views)

Jesus Took A Lady To See The Principality of islam In Hell / TB Joshua's Disciples Evicted From SCOAN Over Church Leadership Crisis (video) / Bishop Oyedepo Blasts Government Again Over Church Reopening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

James The Younger Brother Of Jesus Took Over Church Leadership by petra1(m): 8:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
Since I was getting banned each time I tried to post this facts on the other thread I decided to explain the facts here

James took over the church in Jerusalem which was a kind of HQ In that time, James rise to leadership became very obvious when Peter was released from Prison, he had to send report to James first of his release

Acts 12:17
But he, beckoning unto them with the hand to hold their peace, declared unto them how the Lord had brought him out of the prison. And he said, Go shew these things unto James, and to the brethren. And he departed, and went into another place.

If you observe when there was doctrinal issue in the early church and Paul and other apostles gathered . Even though James was new in the faith and doctrine and was still mixing the old law with the new but James was the one calling the shot . His word seem to be final .

Acts 15:13
And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God

So you could see that James was the person in charge.

Another incidence was when Peter traveled to visit Paul in Galatia. He observed that the Jews and gentiles Christians ate together and he joined in too. But when some people came Ftom JERUSALEM (James church) Peter was afraid and decamped from eating with the gentiles Christians and Paul had to rebuke him

Galatians 2:11-13
But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

It’s a fact that James ,Peter and John were pillars among the Apostles but James has leadership

Galatians 2:9
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Galatians 1:19
But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Adukpe19,Lostz,missjo,Austinoiz,Gombs,TheGiftedOne,RuddyFusion,seunayantokun,BluntTheApostle,Righteousness89,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: James The Younger Brother Of Jesus Took Over Church Leadership by Adukpe19(m): 10:55pm On Jun 27, 2020
petra1:
Since I was getting banned each time I tried to post this facts on the other thread I decided to explain the facts here

James took over the church in Jerusalem which was a kind of HQ In that time, James rise to leadership became very obvious when Peter was released from Prison, he had to send report to James first of his release

Acts 12:17
But he, beckoning unto them with the hand to hold their peace, declared unto them how the Lord had brought him out of the prison. And he said, Go shew these things unto James, and to the brethren. And he de]

If you observe when there was doctrinal issue in the early church and Paul and other apostles gathered . Even though James was new in the faith and doctrine and was still mixing the old law with the new but James was the one calling the shot . His word seem to be final .

[color=purple]Acts 15:13
And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God

So you could see that James was the person in charge.

Another incidence was when Peter traveled to visit Paul in Galatia. He observed that the Jews and gentiles Christians ate together and he joined in too. But when some people came Ftom JERUSALEM (James church) Peter was afraid and decamped from eating with the gentiles Christians and Paul had to rebuke him

Galatians 2:11-13
But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

It’s a fact that James ,Peter and John were pillars among the Apostles but James has leadership

Galatians 2:9
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Galatians 1:19
But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Adukpe19,Lostz,missjo,Austinoiz,Gombs,TheGiftedOne,RuddyFusion,seunayantokun,BluntTheApostle,Righteousness89,
I strongly agree with you my brother!
Re: James The Younger Brother Of Jesus Took Over Church Leadership by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:07am On Jun 28, 2020
James the just was the first Bishop of Jerusalem and a very influential member of the early church but Peyer was his leader
Re: James The Younger Brother Of Jesus Took Over Church Leadership by petra1(m): 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
PaChukwudi44:
James the just was the first Bishop of Jerusalem and a very influential member of the early church but Peyer was his leader

Why Was peter afraid of him then
Re: James The Younger Brother Of Jesus Took Over Church Leadership by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
petra1:

Why Was peter afraid of him then
Peter was afraid of him?.That is news to me

(1) (Reply)

I Commanded You To Eat Your Tithes, I Didn’t Send Any Scammer To You. / You can't go against GOD's Will / Why most people don't believe in prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.