Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 (14819 Views)

Messi's New Deal At Man City Would See Him Earn N153m Per Day, N4.5bn Per Month / Lionel Messi's New Look As He Resumes Training (Photos) / Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by ogbiwa: 7:45am On Jun 18, 2020
Barcelona will offer Lionel Messi a new contract to keep him at the club until 2023, according to reports in Spain.

The Argentina international has just a year left on his current deal at Camp Nou, with no formal negotiations taking place yet to due to the coronavirus crisis.

A clause in his deal that would have meant he could walk away from Barca for free expired on June 10 and according to Mundo Deportivo, the club are now ready to offer fresh terms.

The contract will be set until 2023, but the winger will have the option to terminate the contract a year before then.

Barca are waiting for Messi’s father, Jorge, to return to Spain from Argentina so they can sit down for final talks.

Both parties want to prioritise the Catalan side’s push for the La Liga title and Champions League over any contract negotiations.

Signing a new deal will put cold water on any exit talks, with the winger previously being linked with a move to join his old boss Pep Guardiola at Manchester City.

Messi has scored in both of Barcelona’s games since Spain’s top tier returned last week.

His penalty against Leganes on Tuesday night took him to 21 La Liga goals this season and only one shy of hitting an astonishing 700 career goals for club and country.

Source: https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/17/barcelona-offer-lionel-messi-new-deal-2023-12866587/?ito=newsnow-feed?ito=cbshare

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by logon599: 7:46am On Jun 18, 2020
The king of Barca

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Bomboiy: 8:03am On Jun 18, 2020
logon599:
The king of Barca

Nah,the god of soccer.

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Balaxx: 9:55am On Jun 18, 2020
1 more goal to 700

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Slawormir: 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice one
Greatest of all time
I thought penaldo was far behind Lionel Messi

Not until i watched Lionel Messi third goal against real betis
Then i realize i was hundred percent correct
And to all those pussy asss niggarrrs that keep saying Messi should leave Spanish league or rather leave Barcelona to show he is really good

As a real niggarrr. I keep on telling them what about they asked thier mother to leave thier father for another man and get pregnant for that man to show she is really fertile
Because how can a reasonable person be questioning the versatility of Lionel Messi when he dey obvious say messi don single handedly raped and fuckkked all clubs on planet earth before

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by JosephXavier: 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
They should just change their name from Barcelona to Messilona

It's not our business, all we wan is good football

8 Likes

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by BrandAlliances: 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by IamMichael(m): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
As a Barca fan, i still continue to dread the day Messi will finally leave us... grin grin grin

Messi has been a part of my life for the past 16yrs... Damn! grin grin grin
I know say e go pain me wella, no be lie!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by obicoolnino: 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
I just Dey pity barca, over reliance on one man. make this guy hang boot and watch how barca go crumble.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Dpharisee: 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
Barcelona is Messi.
Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Fuckalldmods(f): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
Short man Messi...

That one no talk say make Napoli no deal with them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by paulolee(m): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
good...have said it countless times, this GOAT deserves a life time contract and to be the highest paid in Europe, he is the only player currently to give you important goals and key assist when you need him the most, he have rescued barca countless times from hard matches and he is still waxing stronger and consistent for more than a decade...i dnt even think that barca av an option in giving him new contracts, the only issue should be the wage range because you just cant have any other player like him in your team and i am happy i really watched him and alive in this his generation because i dnt think we would have any other player to achieve what lionel did, simply because lionel av placed the bar too high and he is still increasing the height ( better wickedness) pls cr7 fans boys when i said records i mean not just GOALs bt also ASSISTS, INDIVIDUAL RECORDS, TROPHIES WON AND BALLON D OR....this young man is just a too influential to Barcelona that media now tag barca messidependent...would surely miss him wen he finally hangs his boot...SPAIN IS A COUNTRY, BARCELONA IS A CITY, CAMP NOU IS A TEMPLE AND MESSI IS ITS god..

17 Likes

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Olarewaju89: 11:03am On Jun 18, 2020
Love you mesix

22 Likes

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by olasaad(f): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2020
Which one is 2023 cheesy why not sign him till 2030

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by gambia(m): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2020
Messi should go elsewhere and test his potential

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by obembet(f): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2020
M
Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by ednut1(m): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2020
Bros try another club na

5 Likes

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Otisker(m): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2020
Yea GOAT like for Messi share for Ronaldo

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 18, 2020
He is too valuable

His later years will be xavi like
Midfield

His build up and play making ability currently is still mad

Something cr7 lacks

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 18, 2020
Lmaoo cheesy
That's the reason I no fit compare messi with ronaldo
Ronaldo is moving from one club to the other and making impressions but Messi just kuku buy seat for barca since grin grin
if messi can't keep making records with the same team,the same strategy and almost the same players he has been with for years then something is wrong with him

I love Messi and Ronaldo
But I respect Ronaldo more wink

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by GeniusWeb: 11:04am On Jun 18, 2020
Make hin kuku sign life contract naw

1 Like

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Reussite: 11:04am On Jun 18, 2020
Good for him.....sad Ronaldo might retire this year sad
Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 18, 2020
God bless Lionel messi and God bless Barcelona.

The official club of GOD and all the hosts of heaven is Fc Barcelona.

By the order of the Peaky blinders

10 Likes

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by obonujoker(m): 11:05am On Jun 18, 2020
Loyal guy with another contract renewal in 2 years as usual... grin.

Before you attack as usual... Compare loyalties like Giggs, Totti, Zanetti etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Super Falcons Vs Portugal On June 14th / Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire / Photos Of Super Eagles Players Training Ahead Of Match Against Egypt On Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.