Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 (14835 Views)

Messi's New Deal At Man City Would See Him Earn N153m Per Day, N4.5bn Per Month / Lionel Messi's New Look As He Resumes Training (Photos) / Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by gambia(m): 4:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
Flows001:

Oya go and convince your village team to sign him nah.. undecided undecided

He should follow Ronaldo's step. Tested and trusted

1 Like

Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by tradetips: 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Mexzie(m): 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hmmm, I read a lot of opinions about Messi & Ronaldo, I will address just a few things which seems common. I don't usually do this sort of thing but I just want to adjust some reasoning I observed and maybe it might help u in life generally too.

1. Changing Clubs: Let's see this footballers as you and me working for a company. Using myself as an example, I have worked with SHELL for 6yrs now and I seriously don't think I want to leave until I retire. In the Nigerian Oil & Gas industry, we have the BIG 4 International Oil Producing Companies (SHELL, TOTAL, CHEVRON & ENI-AGIP) see them as the TOP richest clubs in football ( e.g, Real Madrid, Barca, Man.U, Juventus). The reason why most people who work in great companies like Shell, Total, or Chevron, is not just the pay alone, but the management system. U are only as good as ur team. If u are lucky to find ursef in a great team (colleagues and management), u really don't have any reason to leave. A great team of colleagues and management will always produce at least one world-class employee (in this case its Messi for Barca). Each team member (ur colleagues & management) are very sound and top quality so u as an individual who is also skilled will do even better and achieve a lot with that team/organization. Although the individual may choose to leave SHELL to let us say Chevron or TOTAL, it doesn't make those that have spent years in SHELL any less inferior, its just that individual who decides to move. Mind u he moves to a similar kind of company with a similar organization and business model with also great team (colleagues and management) who will always be at the top. The truth is, if the company u work with is very good, they will always hire excellent workforce which will always make u, the exceptional one in that company, keep your outstanding records because each one are great at their respective work. And is this is so, why would I want to leave? The organization recognizes my input and recognizes my quality or ur quality, and they will always increase ur pay because they know they other BIG companies will pouch you to work for them. This is the case with Messi in Barca, he is in a great team with excellent colleagues and management, and he chose to stay with them, and his management in turn knows his quality and they always reward him with higher pay. Ronaldo chose to do exploits in various places, that doesnt mean that Sir. Alex would not have kept increasing his wages if he stayed in Man.U like Scholes and Giggs, infact, Sir. Alex was fond of Ronaldo. Ronaldo just chose to challenge himself in other places. Infact he actually short changed himself by leaving Man.U when he did. Man.U was the richest club in the world for about 6yrs during the period he left and they could have paid him double of what he was given at Real Madrid. I would say it was youthful exuberance that just made him want to leave Man.U, know one was chasing him away and he was a god there even as he was just coming up. So that was his choice, while Messi is listening to the advice of his father and exactly what Ronaldo should have done, staying put in the clud taht alrready adores u. The truth is, there is nothing like working in a place that adores you and sees you like their everythin, that is the dream you want to realize in your life time. Also, this analogy is why Messi in Argentina (a different kind of colleagues) has not achieved 2% of what he has achieved in Barca (a better quality of colleagues). So too Ronaldo in Portugal has not churned out the CONSISTENT trophy winnings like he has beenn doing in club level. While Maradona, who fortunately hade better quality of colleagues in the Argentine team compared to those in his clube, which is why one very few club and personal trophies at club level. YOU ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE KIND OF TEAM YOU ARE SURROUNDED WITH.

2. Footballing Quality & Style: Football is like every other professional, it too has its job description, but when do more than ur J.D, u begin to become exceptional. Every position in the football pitch has what is expected from that position. regularly and consistently doing more than is expected, is what brings the footballer to limelight and listed for Ballon D'or. Messi and Ronaldo play in different roles in football, and each of their roles has what is basically expected of it. But you want to look at who has been consistently doing more than what is expected of that role, to do this, you need to understand what is the normal expectation of their roles. Then check you have consistently been doing more than is expected. This is one of the ways Ballon D'Or is awarded.
Messi is not signed by Barca as a Striker, he is signed as a Winger/Side Midfield, but he has done far more than what strikers and Center Forwards have done and he is still doing is, he has exceeded what a central midfielder can do, he is beyond your typical number 10, yet this are not is normal expectations based on the role he is originally signed to do. But Ronaldo was signed in Real Madrid as a Forward/Striker and he has built himself around what a FW/ST should be, this means he will not have killer passes like a midfielder, he will not be providing lots of assists, but focused on scoring goals, meaning, he will improve on his abilities that will aid him score like, positioning, shoot power, shoot acuracy, jump power and heading accuracy, speed and acceleration and response. Now, because he has less abilities in other areas, while Messi has abilities in every area aside from defence abilities, this makes Messi better than Ronaldo. Messi can comfortably play as a midfielder and the team will do very well, he can play as a forward/striker and the team wil still do well, and because he can drop deep to play midfield exceptionally well, he seems to be more valuable than most other footballers. In the office of Forwarders/Strikers, Ronaldo and Messi have only a very slight difference, but in the office of attacking Midfield play Messi is a god. So on the average accross board, Messi is a lot better than Ronaldo. Messi's midfield play can make an average team great and take them to the final or semis (like Argentina) but Ronaldo needs a great team on average to really go far. The only area Messi is lacking is defence abilities, same with Ronaldo.

Lastly, Maradon is just a good play NOT an exceptional player compared to Ronaldo and Messi. WHY? Maradon's fame is mainly connected to the Supper Argentine team that had Cannigia (similar quality like Ronaldo) and other notable names in the team, BUT at clud level little could be said of his quality and little or no records of individual or club achievements. The year Maradona won the world cup, he just had a great team willing to put in their best, Messi's Argentine team mates were most average or they just were not willing to do more than is required of them.

Always remove ur emotions think logically looking deep at things to get a true picture.
Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by NJsimpleboi(m): 8:35am On Jun 20, 2020
If you want to talk about who has helped the team in crucial situations especially cup finals or knockout stages, Ronaldo has done more than Messi in that aspect. Don't even say shii about that one
Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Juanmike(m): 10:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
anonymous1759:

Pained soul how did he fail? Playing 3 finals for Argentina is not failure. You pained because he refused to leave Barca and play in your Team
which team
Re: Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 by Godwithus20: 7:19am On Jul 21, 2020
Did your name start with Go... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez / Tunisia Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (1 - 2) On 31st Janaury 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.