Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,172 members, 7,829,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman (1467 Views)

Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike / Calabar PDP Card Members Exempted From Tax / Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by madamgrace: 10:38am On Jun 18, 2020
Barring any last minute changes, Governor Godwin Obaseki will today formally announce his mem­bership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) a few days after resigning from his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC). ­

A member of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) told our correspondent that the governor would reg­ister his membership at his Ward 4 in Oredo LGA of the state after finalising talks with PDP leaders at the national and state levels.

Obaseki, on Wednesday, met with the leadership of the PDP, led by its national chair­man, Prince Uche Secondus, in Abuja, as well as other gov­ernors elected on the party’s platform.

The meeting, which was held at the residence of Gov­ernor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, also had in attendance Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto as well as other gov­ernors of the party.

“Governor Obaseki will pick up his card from his Ward 4, Oredo LGA, in Benin tomorrow (today).

“His return to the APC has been foreclosed due to the lat­est crisis rocking the party.

“The governor is currently meeting with the PDP nation­al chairman as well as other governors elected on the par­ty’s platform in Abuja; they have assured him of total support in his governorship bid,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Edo state chairman of the party, Hon Anthony Azegbemi, has revealed that the membership card of the Governor is ready for pick.

https://www.inform.ng/post/obasekis-pdp-card-is-ready-edo-pdp-chairman

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Anazp: 10:39am On Jun 18, 2020
Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Mrkcee(m): 10:39am On Jun 18, 2020
Ok... Last last Obaseki will loose this fight.

Abeg, LIKE if u support Obaseki.
Share for Oshiomhole and APC!

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by madamgrace: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2020
Mrkcee:

Abeg, LIKE if u support Oabseki.
Share for Oshomohle and APC!
How and why

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Fuckalldmods(f): 10:47am On Jun 18, 2020
Lol
Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by lordm(m): 10:47am On Jun 18, 2020
Please if you have premium WordPress themes, help send to me. I want to use it to learn but i don't enough money to buy it from the sites. Please send to me: irhirhimoses@gmail.com

Or 070.3803.5089

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 18, 2020
APC and Buhari took this country 50 years backward. What a useless party and president! Lets hope the country Nigeria will survive the pain this party has inflicted upon the people and unity of the country.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Mrkcee(m): 10:49am On Jun 18, 2020
madamgrace:

How and why
Recall that during the last Edo election, Obaseki won owning to the huge votes returned by Oshiomhole in his wards and LGA; he Obaseki lost even in his ward and LGA. Also recall that Edo state is an APC state, plus the certificate saga trailing Obaseki (which other parties will use against him assuming he eventually wins the second term in another platform); even PDP has been in the court for this same matter.

Now, having falling apart with his principal (Oshiomhole) and party APC, how do you think he ( Obaseki) will go far?
Tell me!

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Gaddafiyusf(m): 10:51am On Jun 18, 2020
Better for him. APC is in leadership tussle. 3 chairmen emerge within three hours. Zamfara Case loading up for APC. They might lose before the election

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by IduNaOba: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2020
Godfatherism must be ended in edo!
Okwu agwụ
Lobatan
Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Trumpcard05: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2020
I must say PDP has been quite smart in their handling of this matter so far. With the groundswell of support the Governor is currently enjoying amongst many common men & women, civil servants, market women, pensioners & all reasonable well meaning Edo sons and daughters, victory can only be assured at the polls. Well played!

I like the bravery of this Governor Obaseki I’m standing firm against godfatherism intimidation and the oppression & suffering brought about their antics in always demanding for the stealing & sharing of the state funds. I just wish our youths could wake up, wise up & start fighting their true oppressors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Laboni: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2020
Mrkcee:

Recall that during the last Edo election, Obaseki won owning to the huge votes returned by Oshiomhole in his wards and LGA; he Obaseki lost even in his ward and LGA. Also recall that Edo state is an APC state, plus the certificate saga trailing Obaseki (which other parties will use against him assuming he eventually wins the second term in another platform); even PDP has been in the court for this same matter.

Now, having falling apart with his principal (Oshiomhole) and party APC, how do you think he ( Obaseki) will go far?
Tell me!
With Governor Obaseki as her flag bearer, PDP has a higher chance of winning than fielding any other candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Gaddafiyusf(m): 10:54am On Jun 18, 2020
Good for him. APC is in deep leadership tussle. 3 chairmen emerge within three hours. APC might lose before the election

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by PIMPAR: 10:54am On Jun 18, 2020
His end has finally come. Obaseki has never won his ward. He has no political influence
Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by tinsel: 10:56am On Jun 18, 2020
Gaddafiyusf:
Better for him. APC is in leadership tussle. 3 chairmen emerge within three hours. Zamfara Case loading up for APC. They might lose before the election
My friend read and understand. Etta and Ajiomibi are in the same camp.
Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by PIMPAR: 10:56am On Jun 18, 2020
Gaddafiyusf:
Good for him. APC is in deep leadership tussle. 3 chairmen emerge within three hours. APC might lose before the election
But he should have be bold enough to meet the Giadom who has early invited him for screening today now. Abi Giadom no be the authentic chairman again

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by madamgrace: 10:56am On Jun 18, 2020
Mrkcee:

Tell me!
This one strong o

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by PIMPAR: 10:57am On Jun 18, 2020
tinsel:

Kindly ignore that Nonentity
Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Gaddafiyusf(m): 10:59am On Jun 18, 2020
tinsel:

You lack comprehension. Three charimen emerged. Period
Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Kings2244: 11:00am On Jun 18, 2020
Mrkcee:

Tell me!
Edo state is never APC state because they couldn't deliver Buhari during the election

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Gaddafiyusf(m): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
PIMPAR:

But he should have be bold enough to meet the Giadom who has early invited him for screening today now. Abi Giadom no be the authentic chairman again

Then tommorow court will declare giadom faction illegal. It's better for him. PDP is stable for now.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Mrkcee(m): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
Laboni:
With Governor Obaseki as her flag bearer, PDP has a higher chance of winning than fielding any other candidate.
Sure!
But then what's the need of winning and election and then loosing in court to an opponent before inauguration.
Remember the Bayelsa (David Lyon) incidence?In Obaseki's case, PDP can't win Edo. Let's even imagine PDP wins, they'll loose in court to another party before inauguration owning to Obaseki's Fake certificate saga. And of course APC will use every Federal might to ensure APC wins!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Mrkcee(m): 11:04am On Jun 18, 2020
Kings2244:
Edo state is never APC state because they couldn't deliver Buhari during the election
There is a clear difference between the Guber and Presidencial elections.

How can a man who has never won his ward win a governorship election with a party that has always been in opposition?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Laboni: 11:05am On Jun 18, 2020
Mrkcee:

Sure!
But then what's the need of winning and election and then loosing in court to an opponent before inauguration.
Remember the Bayelsa (David Lyon) incidence?In Obaseki's case, PDP can't win Edo. Let's even imagine PDP wins, they'll loose in court to another party before inauguration owning to Obaseki's Fake certificate saga. And of course APC will use every Federal might to ensure APC wins!
Obaseki’s certificates has been challenged in court upto Supreme Court I think I’m 2016 by PDP and he won so, I don’t see that as issue now. Besides, I thought that UI came out to clear the air about the certificate in question that it is authentic? ... Let PDP try and win first then slug it out in court.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Laboni: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2020
PIMPAR:
His end has finally come. Obaseki has never won his ward. He has no political influence
He didn’t win his ward because it’s a PDP stronghold.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by lenghtinny(m): 11:09am On Jun 18, 2020
Seriously I hope this dude wins...That’s the best payback (karma) that short ape can get....

Imagine the nonsense he claimed to be fighting against in Ogun,Imo and co in the 2019 election is what he’s doing in edo....

Yorubas say an executioner will never allow the sword to come near his head. The hypocrite don’t want to taste from the same dish he served Amosun and co last year.

The man is not fit for that chairmanship post at all because he’s too autocratic and insensitive. Such sensitive positions deserves people that are very good at diplomacy not people that thinks rascality is the only way forward...

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Laboni: 11:12am On Jun 18, 2020
Mrkcee:

There is a clear difference between the Guber and Presidencial elections.

How can a man who has never won his ward win a governorship election with a party that has always been in opposition?
Contesting as a newbie in 2016 is different to contesting as an incumbent now. Besides his ward has always been a PDP stronghold so maybe that’s why he didn’t win there. Edo election can go sideways, nobody is sure of victory 100%.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by jasent(m): 11:13am On Jun 18, 2020
Mrkcee:

Tell me!
This is 2020.He was not known then,but now he is Edo star boy,everybody loves him.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by rontolo(m): 11:13am On Jun 18, 2020
Mrkcee:

Tell me!
That was yesterday. New dawn beckons. Obaseki has done fantastically well over the last four years and has since seized much of the APC structures.

You can’t use his performance as a relative unknown back then to assess today’s outcome. Also, dont underrate executive influence as a sitting governor. The certificate issue is a red herring.

Take it to the bank, Osho will lose, will be humbled

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Newyear999999: 11:15am On Jun 18, 2020
Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Oddslordreal: 11:20am On Jun 18, 2020
You don't mean it, as in ready?..

Pdp dey vex I swear*

Just like the prediction r ready

If you b*t ,find me
Re: Obaseki's PDP Card Is Ready - Edo PDP Chairman by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:23am On Jun 18, 2020
Mrkcee:

Abeg, LIKE if u support Obaseki.
Share for Oshiomhole and APC!
With the move the APC is making with the court, the National Chairman e.t.c,

They are only buying time to divide, bribe or buy Obaseki's loyalists

So far so good Obaseki has been the wiser

Even if he loses, at least he put up a fight against the forces against our democracy

And that my friend, he will always be remembered for!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Federal Gov.t Deploys Army To Shoot And Beatup Protesters In ABJ. / Please Why Can't Nigeria President Go To Airport With Halicopter / An Extract From Mazi Nnamdi Kanu's Broadcast On Radio Biafra Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.