Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,309 members, 7,860,760 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:42 PM

God And Marriage. (a Short Teaching) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God And Marriage. (a Short Teaching) (123 Views)

Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? / God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians / Is Kissing Before Marriage A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God And Marriage. (a Short Teaching) by MFMRevivalist: 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
GOD AND MARRIAGE
Gen. 2:18-25
Bob Marcaurelle
homeorchurchbiblestudy.com
What is marriage? There are all kinds of definitions. To some it is “the quickest way to kill a good romance.”
To a live-in girlfriend put in the street it is “a piece of paper that guarantees I will get some money for all the time I invest in a bad relationship.”
To some it is “the answer to most of my problems” and to others it is “where most of my problems began”.
Going to Genesis two, in the Garden of Eden, where God conducted the first wedding and formed the first marriage we find this possible definition. It is the union of one man and one woman by the will of God into a growing relationship of love for life.
A. A PURPOSEFUL UNION
Marriage in the Bible fulfills four purposes God has for mankind. The first is to populate the earth. In God tells Adam and Eve to “be fruitful and multiply.”
The second is to avoid loneliness. In
God says for the first time in the creation account that something is NOT good. He said, “It is not good for the man to be alone.”
The third purpose, stated by Paul, is to satisfy sexual desires. In Paul says, “. . .it is better to marry than to burn with passion.”
The fourth is to be a character building agency to produce godly children. Malachi says in
“Has not the Lord made them one?” And why one? Because He was seeking godly offspring.
Between birth and maturity a child lives 108,000 hours. Seven thousand are spent in public school. One thousand are spent in church. And ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND are spent in the home, under the influence of parents. Here is where a child learns the proper or the improper values he carries into adulthood.
Another definition of marriage I would like to offer is - marriage is where you find your heaven or hell in life. If you are not happy in your marriage you will not be a happy person. Your life will be a living hell. If you are happy in your marriage you will be a happy person. You will experience a little touch of heaven on earth.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Alphabet For Action / The Truth About Jesus(messiah) Death Part 6 / The Truth About Jesus(messiah) Death Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.