Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

When You Are Distressed, Where Do You Go To? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When You Are Distressed, Where Do You Go To? (144 Views)

A Soul Distressed / Strange Distressed Voice In A Neighborhood / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional January 20, 2018 Topic: Distressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When You Are Distressed, Where Do You Go To? by Westniggur(m): 4:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
I want to use my personal story here to encourage someone to run to God, church when in distress.

Last year on the 8th of January, right in front of my house, my new phone was stolen, it was given to me as a gift on my birthday, November the previous year, barely 2 months. I did not cry, infact I was not emotional about it, though I was greatly hurt. My mum and siblings were surprised at my composure and calmness....

The following month, February, the serious relationship I was into for over a year came to an end. I thought I was going to to run mad, I cried day and night, I fell sick times without number. I was hurt beyond what words can express.

The following month, March, I saved up and bought another phone, the following month April, just after our yearly Easter Retreat, I went to school to write my semester exam, while in the exam hall this new phone was stolen again. I shed a few tears in school and came back home from Kaduna. . When I got home guess the first thing I did.

I went on my knees and said "I love you Jesus; I know that the devil is just trying to use all this to make it look as though you don't love me, but I know that you do love me and I love you too". I stood up and called a friend who came and drove me to an eatery and bought me shawarma and that was the end of that pain. Lol, you won't understand.

Then my kid sister wrote her jamb exam, she prepared for it but then when JAMB results were released, hers was withheld. It was another pain in my heart cause I love my kid sister as though we share same life. On Sunday, I went to church and cried and cried until my eyes were swollen, I cried out my heart to God to save her from pain. That too passed.

May 2019, same year, I got a Job with a pharmaceutical company as a Sales Rep. And even before I was paid my first salary, I got a new phone. The following month the new phone crashed, it went off and refused to come up, I called CarlCare and handed over the phone to them. I was back to square zero again. Then the company I was working for, experienced some hitches and as a result crashed.

The day I got the news that the company had crashed, my phone was brought back to me. I was suddenly filled with fears, thought of what to do next. Although I had been paid a good amount twice. I was broken this time, broken beyond words, but i kept calm. Nobody knew my job had come to an end.

Continue reading;
Source: http://afrohits.com.ng/when-you-are-dis%E2%80%A6ere-do-you-go-to/

Re: When You Are Distressed, Where Do You Go To? by UceeGod: 11:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
The only way to run to God is to turn to His Word, not your church or pastor or prophet. But when you're not used to seeking Him through His Word, it'll be difficult to hear from Him in His written Word.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/06/2020 / He That Loves You / The GOD Of Heaven And Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.