Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,062 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Edo 2020: We Will Obey Obaseki’s COVID-19 Gazette In Conducting Primary ― APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: We Will Obey Obaseki’s COVID-19 Gazette In Conducting Primary ― APC (555 Views)

Old Naira Notes: FG Will Obey Supreme Court’s Judgment — Malami / We Will Obey The Law: 17 Ebonyi Lawmakers Appeal Judgement Sacking Them / INEC Reacts To Edo APC, PDP Crisis Over Primaries: "We Will Obey Court Orders" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: We Will Obey Obaseki’s COVID-19 Gazette In Conducting Primary ― APC by wwwihy: 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ahead of its June 22 Governorship Primary Election in Edo state, the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, explained how it would manoeuvre its ways around the COVID-19 gazette put in place by Gov. Godwin Obaseki which prohibits gatherings of more than 20 persons

The party has also inaugurated its Primary Election as well as Appeal Committees. National Vice Chairman, South South, Ntufam Hillard Etagbo Eta who inaugurated the committees with a host of other members of the National Working Committee NWC said he was standing in for the acting National Chairman, Sen. Abiola Ajimobi. He urged the committees to ensure a credible exercise. While Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo state chairs the Primary Election Committee, Prof. Mustapha Bello would serve as the Chairman of the Appeal Committee for the primary election. Members of the primary election committee are Sen. Ajibola Bashiru (Secretary), Alhaji Abdullahi Abass, Hon. Ibrahim Sabo, Hon. Ocho Obioma, Hajia Amina Lantana Muhammed, and Hon. Gbenga Elegbeleye. Other members of the Primary Election Appeal Committee are Dr. Kayode Ajulo (Secretary), Hon. Umar Ahmed, Nasiru Ibrahim Junju and Hon. Rasaq Mahmud Bamu.

The party has also inaugurated its Primary Election as well as Appeal Committees. National Vice Chairman, South South, Ntufam Hillard Etagbo Eta who inaugurated the committees with a host of other members of the National Working Committee NWC said he was standing in for the acting National Chairman, Sen. Abiola Ajimobi. He urged the committees to ensure a credible exercise. While Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo state chairs the Primary Election Committee, Prof. Mustapha Bello would serve as the Chairman of the Appeal Committee for the primary election. Members of the primary election committee are Sen. Ajibola Bashiru (Secretary), Alhaji Abdullahi Abass, Hon. Ibrahim Sabo, Hon. Ocho Obioma, Hajia Amina Lantana Muhammed, and Hon. Gbenga Elegbeleye. Other members of the Primary Election Appeal Committee are Dr. Kayode Ajulo (Secretary), Hon. Umar Ahmed, Nasiru Ibrahim Junju and Hon. Rasaq Mahmud Bamu.

Addressing the committees, Eta recalled how the party had commenced the process of the Edo primaries with the inauguration of Screening and the Appeal Committees. He said; “So, we are almost at the culmination of that process. It is with deep humility that I want to announce to Nigerians that those we have selected to do this onerous and herculean job for the party were carefully selected, some of the finest and best amongst us.

“Their job is very simple – to carry out the process of selecting the flag bearer of the party in Edo State and we know that after that exercise, there may be concerns, disagreements, that is why we have constituted members of the APC Governorship Primary Election Appeal Committee. “Having done the most important part of this ceremony, let me at this juncture inaugurate these two Commitees with the powers that have been conferred on me by the very generous members of the National Working Committee NWC who chosed His Excellency, Sen. Ajimobi on whose behalf, I perform this function”. Conducting Primaries Speaking with journalists shortly after the inauguration, Gov. Uzodinma explained how the party would conduct the June 22 primary election. He said; “In their wisdom, I have been appointed to chair the committee to conduct the primaries. I have been given the guidelines to drive the exercise. You are aware there is also a global pandemic, Covid-19 and there are some local legislations in Edo state.

“There is a law that does not allow more than 20 people to gather at a place. That is the beauty of Direct Primary. “When we get to Edo, we will deploy the necessary manpower to the various polling units with instructions that will not violate the local legislations that will enable our members not to gather more than 20 people at a place and by so doing, with a segmented approach, we will conduct a free and fair primary and our party will be happy with that”. Why APC is in crisis Uzodinma also urged party stakeholders to continue to work hard for its success, noting that APC is today dealing with several issues because of those who are envious of its electoral success. He said; “I want to thank Almighty God even when I know that this is coming at a time that our party is greatly challenged by some handiworks of our enemies and those who think the party has grown into national envy.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/edo-2020-we-will-obey-obasekis-covid-19-gazette-in-conducting-primary-%e2%80%95-apc/
Re: Edo 2020: We Will Obey Obaseki’s COVID-19 Gazette In Conducting Primary ― APC by Rico96(m): 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
grin
Re: Edo 2020: We Will Obey Obaseki’s COVID-19 Gazette In Conducting Primary ― APC by Nwodosis(m): 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hahahaha
Re: Edo 2020: We Will Obey Obaseki’s COVID-19 Gazette In Conducting Primary ― APC by Macphenson: 6:08pm On Jun 18, 2020
K
Re: Edo 2020: We Will Obey Obaseki’s COVID-19 Gazette In Conducting Primary ― APC by JAMO4REAL1(m): 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
oooooooohhh am tired of edo election pls
Re: Edo 2020: We Will Obey Obaseki’s COVID-19 Gazette In Conducting Primary ― APC by Unigrad: 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
wwwihy:
Ahead of its June 22 Governorship Primary Election in Edo state, the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, explained how it would manoeuvre its ways around the COVID-19 gazette put in place by Gov. Godwin Obaseki which prohibits gatherings of more than 20 persons

Addressing the committees, Eta recalled how the party had commenced the process of the Edo primaries with the inauguration of Screening and the Appeal Committees. He said; “So, we are almost at the culmination of that process. It is with deep humility that I want to announce to Nigerians that those we have selected to do this onerous and herculean job for the party were carefully selected, some of the finest and best amongst us.

“Their job is very simple – to carry out the process of selecting the flag bearer of the party in Edo State and we know that after that exercise, there may be concerns, disagreements, that is why we have constituted members of the APC Governorship Primary Election Appeal Committee. “Having done the most important part of this ceremony, let me at this juncture inaugurate these two Commitees with the powers that have been conferred on me by the very generous members of the National Working Committee NWC who chosed His Excellency, Sen. Ajimobi on whose behalf, I perform this function”. Conducting Primaries Speaking with journalists shortly after the inauguration, Gov. Uzodinma explained how the party would conduct the June 22 primary election. He said; “In their wisdom, I have been appointed to chair the committee to conduct the primaries. I have been given the guidelines to drive the exercise. You are aware there is also a global pandemic, Covid-19 and there are some local legislations in Edo state.

“There is a law that does not allow more than 20 people to gather at a place. That is the beauty of Direct Primary. “When we get to Edo, we will deploy the necessary manpower to the various polling units with instructions that will not violate the local legislations that will enable our members not to gather more than 20 people at a place and by so doing, with a segmented approach, we will conduct a free and fair primary and our party will be happy with that”. Why APC is in crisis Uzodinma also urged party stakeholders to continue to work hard for its success, noting that APC is today dealing with several issues because of those who are envious of its electoral success. He said; “I want to thank Almighty God even when I know that this is coming at a time that our party is greatly challenged by some handiworks of our enemies and those who think the party has grown into national envy.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/edo-2020-we-will-obey-obasekis-covid-19-gazette-in-conducting-primary-%e2%80%95-apc/
Null and void.
Re: Edo 2020: We Will Obey Obaseki’s COVID-19 Gazette In Conducting Primary ― APC by Ecbatana: 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2020
cool
Re: Edo 2020: We Will Obey Obaseki’s COVID-19 Gazette In Conducting Primary ― APC by jidamsel43(m): 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
Which APC?

The one controlled by Sen. Ajimobi?

The one controlled by Giadom?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Sneaks Into Edo at Night, Promises To Reclaim State From PDP / Dogara Defected To APC After Everything We Did For Him – Bauchi PDP / False Claims On What Is Not Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.