Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,119 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud (70031 Views)

Court Grants Obinwanne Okeke "Invictus Obi" Permission To See Dentist / Invictus Obi: Nairaland Post That Led FBI To Arrest Obinwanne Okeke / Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Zuriel23: 7:23am On Jun 19, 2020
gnykelly:

if I may ask. the property he acquired in Nigeria with the fraud money. will it be forfeited to Nigeria government or USA or will he be left out

It's left for court to decide who takes over the properties.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by omoluka: 7:26am On Jun 19, 2020
The westerners seems to be more matured than the easterners If the first page of this thread is anything to go by .
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by IpobAntidote: 7:32am On Jun 19, 2020
Matrimonous:

If it's almost impossible to win it then means there is a chance he could be innocent.
There has been many convicted blacks in the US who were later found to be innocent many years down the line.

Yes, it's possible that he could be innocent but more than
Likely not.
The Feds USUALLY don't arrest people unless you have violated a law and they are very patient with cases. In most cases, the accused has committed some sorts of crimes but the Feds are good at exaggerating the scope of the crime.
For example, in this case, the amount involved might actually be 10 percent of this so called 11 million Dollars that he plead guilty to. But most people go for plea deal because they Feds will have some good evidence to prosecute the accused on hence it's very hard to win against them in any Federal court.
So if someone stole 1 dollar, they will exaggerate it to 10 dollars, but they will have a very very solid evidence that that the accused stole 1 dollar. They will over charge knowing that the accused cannot walk way free.
The accused will eventually plead guilty because he or she knows that they have actually committed some sort of crimes hence the jury will believe the govt should they go to trial. if found guilty via a trial then the sentence will be much more hence most don't even want to take the chance.
So the chance that he's totally innocent is almost nil, but I'm sure he didn't steal 11 million dollars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Igbojihadist: 7:32am On Jun 19, 2020
jamesversion:
Mr. Okeke, see you at 52... Enjoy ur 20yrs.

Okeke nwa okafor banyi o. unu nukwa ogene.. grin

I'm not from Igbo but I like the song.. pls what does it mean??
in our language it means ur ar stewwwpid
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by einsteine(m): 7:39am On Jun 19, 2020
TheEnlightenedO:

Still cant compare, he gets air conditioned cells, commissary, internet for basically next to nothing, compared to Nigeria

There are air conditioned cells in Kirikiri and Ikoyi. Prisoners who have money there even get servants and cell phones.

Do you know the meaning of commissary? Who told you it's for next to nothing? His relatives have to fund his commissary by himself. For someone like Invictus Obi, he would choose Nigeria over and over again to serve his jail term. Nigerian prisons are soft for those who have money.

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by redcliff: 7:40am On Jun 19, 2020
Ahmed0336:
Chai!!

Dia type of money go make pesin wey dey hustle legitimately look stweepiddddd.

stop to dey tie your success and progress in life with other people. in that way, when you see or hear stories like this you are not moved and you you are moving at yoyr own pace. im done hearing folks saying these types of crap. there is everything wrong with it.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 19, 2020
IpobAntidote:

Yes, it's possible that he could be innocent but more than
Likely not.
The Feds USUALLY don't arrest people unless you have violated a law and they are very patient with cases. In most cases, the accused has committed some sorts of crimes but the Feds are good at exaggerating the scope of the crime.
For example, in this case, the amount involved might actually be 10 percent of this so called 11 million Dollars that he plead guilty to. But most people go for plea deal because they Feds will have some good evidence to prosecute the accused on hence it's very hard to win against them in any Federal court.
So if someone stole 1 dollar, they will exaggerate it to 10 dollars, but they will have a very very solid evidence that that the accused stole 1 dollar. They will over charge knowing that the accused cannot walk way free.
The accused will eventually plead guilty because he or she knows that they have actually committed some sort of crimes hence the jury will believe the govt should they go to trial. if found guilty via a trial then the sentence will be much more hence most don't even want to take the chance.
So the chance that he's totally innocent is almost nil, but I'm sure he didn't steal 11 million dollars.
You made sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Champneys: 7:47am On Jun 19, 2020
Omo ole jatijati. Jail him for life please! grin
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Adek15(m): 7:51am On Jun 19, 2020
Please who knows VPN that is free and effective against even Google Chrome. I want to secure a job online but people like obi and hushpuppi have made life difficult for Nigerians.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by OLDESTWARRIBOY4: 7:52am On Jun 19, 2020
AnanseK:

Try stealing American money and see. You don’t expect America to do everything for. Get up your lazy ass and build your country on law and order.
I Hear you na. UK and dominica dey protect a well known thief wey thief how much? But this guy wey just thief small change, US dey charge am. Make we Nigerians get sense na.

Don't get me wrong they are both criminals and they all deserve to face the law but a so called politician can steal trillions, escape go west and they will help protect them but if one guy steal change compare to wetin politicians dey carry dem go prosecute am.

Nigerians youths...I dey look all of ona dey laugh
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by SenecaTheYonger: 7:53am On Jun 19, 2020
IpobAntidote:
l.

98 percent of those accused in US Federal courts will eventually plead guilty. It's almost impossible to win.

Why is that? Do they torture them?
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 19, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
exactly. He has made too many contacts since he's been popular
has he mad more contacts than Epstein or Bill Cosby or Weinstein or R-Kelly. You think he’s being tried in a Nigerian court?
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Gyong(m): 8:02am On Jun 19, 2020
Baloranking:
Tribal bigots will soon start roaming around this thread saying all sort of rubbish.

I am an igbo man and in no such way support any kind of fraud.

He has pleaded guilty already to the crime, so let him do his time.

Don't do fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if the topic is NewYork mayor is an Igbo man, you will shout Igbo amaka, or am proud to be an Igbo man. Y'all should stop the tribal war, unite and fight the so called politician leading the country to damnation.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by YourFear: 8:03am On Jun 19, 2020
Flat heads

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Chuky7(m): 8:05am On Jun 19, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
mhmm
Lol...
I have miss you O...
You stoped reply my emails...
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by dangotesmummy: 8:12am On Jun 19, 2020
barrypro:
At least he invested in building a business in Nigeria unlike his brother who was a Gucci ambassador.
see them still justifying crime.na your type go dey clamour say make them give am chieftaincy title after his prison sentence

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by IpobAntidote: 8:16am On Jun 19, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

No they do not. But they are very good at what they do. Even if it's obvious to the world that you have stolen money, they will still take almost 2 years before they will charge and arrest. This is because they will do their home work very very diligently and have more than enough evidence before making any arrest. Also, the Federal govt have unlimited resources in terms of money, lawyers, investigators, no accused can compete with them.
The jury and Judges also tend to believe whatever the govt puts in front of them on any case. The moment you mention Nigeria and fraud in the same sentence, that case is already decided and over.
So unless you are TOTALLY innocent, it's better to go for a plea deal. If you go for a trial and lose then the sentence can be more than 4 times the sentence via a plea deal. It's really a no win situation. Just hope and pray that the FBI and Secret Service never look in your direction, if they do, na wahala be that.
Japan is even worse, they have about 100 percent guilty rate, almost no one charge to court in Japan goes home not guilty. Their own is like automatic guilt. That's why the Nissan guy ran away from Japan.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Cuntface: 8:18am On Jun 19, 2020
post=90822168:

Straight to jail this criminal go.

For the small small thieves here on nairaland, defrauding people locally and internationally , that see Invictus and Hushpuppi etc.....as their Role models in life,
Na so all of una go end.
No be curse
Na FACT!
Do not be Lazy, Get going!

For those of us hustling LEGITIMATELY out there : May God bless our hustles.

CRIME DOESN'T PAY.

Then keep on defrauding people all over the world now.
Nobody is begging you to stop.
We all know where you will end...... keep on Lorenzo!
U go dey alrite las las... tongue

You are a wise Virgin Boy.
Keep your virginity and continue keeping your hustle pure, in so doing ..... THE SKY IS YOUR STARTING POINT .

Correct Boy! kiss kiss

This boy that is always on heat. Please keep kwayet
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Baloranking(m): 8:35am On Jun 19, 2020
Gyong:

But if the topic is NewYork mayor is an Igbo man, you will shout Igbo amaka, or am proud to be an Igbo man. Y'all should stop the tribal war, unite and fight the so called politician leading the country to damnation.

Did you read what I actually wrote?
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by azpekuliar: 8:38am On Jun 19, 2020
gnykelly:

if I may ask. the property he acquired in Nigeria with the fraud money. will it be forfeited to Nigeria government or USA or will he be left out

The properties and cars would all be sold off and paid back to the victims who were defrauded.

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by mamatwiny(f): 8:51am On Jun 19, 2020
Having gone through Obinwanne's profile, he is a very intelligent guy with very high iq and sound command of English language. He attended Denis Grammer school Onitsha. That secondary school admits students with above average performance. He also attended Monash University Australia, has a post graduate at a young age, and still came back to Nigeria to serve, wow! Well travelled . I was looking out to see if he had any study in Malaysia cos that is where most guys gets introduced to such biz.

Obinwanne's is more that what we call Yahoo boy. He is a top hacker with very high iq. I guess he develops his tools himself.

3 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by afecgivers: 8:53am On Jun 19, 2020
Ahmed0336:
Chai!!

Dia type of money go make pesin wey dey hustle legitimately look stweepiddddd.

Knowledge and principle is the difference. Some don't know how to do fraud that is why they are not doing it, some have the knowledge but they are principled with godliness or personal decision. Those doing it are the one people call chap guys.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by frank417: 9:02am On Jun 19, 2020
jamesversion:
Mr. Okeke, see you at 52... Enjoy ur 20yrs.

Okeke nwa okafor banyi o. unu nukwa ogene.. grin

I'm not from Igbo but I like the song.. pls what does it mean??

They said 20 MAXIMUM. He may get a lot lesser, and if he can pay back the money in bail charge, he may be out within 2-5 years.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by piper7(m): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2020
I love this tribe called Igbo. Igbo Amaka!! We are the first in crime always.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by azpekuliar: 9:18am On Jun 19, 2020
mamatwiny:
Having gone through Obinwanne's profile, he is a very intelligent guy with very high iq and sound command of English language. He attended Denis Grammer school Onitsha. That secondary school admits students with above average performance. He also attended Monash University Australia, has a post graduate at a young age, and still came back to Nigeria to serve, wow! Well travelled . I was looking out to see if he had any study in Malaysia cos that is where most guys gets introduced to such biz.

Obinwanne's is more that what we call Yahoo boy. He is a top hacker with very high iq. I guess he develops his tools himself.

There are two levels to this ‘Yahoo’ thing.

Level 1: Romance scam. Anyone can do this. Search online for someone to start a relationship with. You can also take on a fake identity to increase your chances of success. Once you find that one, and have earned their TRUST you begin to drain them of their finances little by little by coming up with all sorts of compelling stories.

Level 2: Business Email Compromise. This is more sophisticated cybercrime. It’s perpetrators use emails to target government agencies, non-profit organizations, businesses etc.. to defraud them. This is the level at which Invictus operated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 19, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

they take years to conclude investigations.the evidence they have means he cant win the case. So they plead guity for lighter sentences. If u suppose do 30 years in jail. You can do plea bargaining expose some of your associates and get 15 years instead.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by livebyday(m): 9:38am On Jun 19, 2020
Wickedfact:

You are a hypocrite and you will always meet with shame and disappointment anywhere you go.

You won't be the first to say I won that account unfortunately you are wrong

Next time check the spellings of an account

Anytime you violate rules here you will.alqays be banned grin
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Chizman042: 10:11am On Jun 19, 2020
Amotolongbo:
All because of girls, alcohol
Impression and oppression

Vanity upon vanity crew
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by sylve11: 10:41am On Jun 19, 2020
Olalan:
Living on the fast side of life always end in tears.
BTW to every legitimate hustling person toiling day and night to make a living I pray the Good Lord will reward us in due time.

Correct....... cool
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by okpurukata(f): 11:10am On Jun 19, 2020
Chlerion:
Nothing in this world makes me happy than seeing Igbos lamenting and crying. I love seeing them gnashing their teeth, suffering and dejected...and everytime I read threads like this, my heart always fill with joy and satisfaction.

Long may your woes continue...amen kiss kiss kiss

Why so much bitterness

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Akure Socialite 'Saybayo' Died In Brothel After Sex Romp With Mistress - Police / Russian Man Shoots His Wife And His Brother Dead After He Caught Them Having Sex / Church Leader's Son Hits Lady With Stone For Sleeping With His Father (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.