Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River (56364 Views)

I Was Raped By Policeman For Not Wearing Face-Mask In Rivers - Widow Narrates / Nigerians Hail Abba Kyari As He Parades Benue AK47 Riffle Dealers / Abba Kyari Parades Benue AK47 Riffle Dealers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Obio4real(m): 12:12am On Jun 19, 2020
... Returns Riffle To Police Boss

The police has received an AK-47 service riffle snatched from one of its operatives at Itu-Odukpani bridge, the boundary between Cross River State and Akwa Ibom State.

Grassroot Reporters gathered that the riffle was snatched from one of the police officers attached to the Cross River State Covid-19 Interstate Movement Enforcement Team stationed at the bridge head.

The unknown youths who were alleged to be angry over an alleged collection of bribe by policemen stationed at the boundary for enforcement of the ban on interstate movement, mobilised and snatched the riffle from the unnamed police officer. The incident which happened on Thursday, June 11 created tension in the area. The youths from Cross River State were said to have been infuriated by the security agent's collection of bribe from passengers from Akwa Ibom State, a state with confirmed cases of Coronavirus into Cross River State, thereby exposing them to the risk of contracting the virus.

A youth from Oku-Iboku in Akwa Ibom State, a boundary town at the bridge told Grassroot Reporters on condition of anonymity that security agents and other members of the enforcement team collects between N500 to N5,000 to allow passengers from Akwa Ibom State into Cross River State.

Unhappy with the development, the Vice Chairman of Odukpani Local Government Area, Hon. Enefiok Inyang, with the help of the police, launched an investigation into the incident which led to the recovery of the riffle.

Reports say the incident led to casualties but Grassroot Reporters could not independently verify this claim.

However, the State Security Adviser – South, Mr. Ani Esin in company of the Vice Chairman of Odukpani Local Government, Hon. Enefiok Inyang presented the snatched riffle to the Mobile Police (MOPOL) 11 Commander, ACP Kabiru T. Salisu at Odukpani, Cross River State.

Speaking while returning the rifle to the MOPOL 11 Commander ACP Kabiru T. Salisu, Mr Ani assured the Nigerian Police Force of the State's commitment to foster and strengthen the relationship between the State and the force.

Receiving the riffle on behalf of the MOPOL 11 Commander, CSP Mohammed Zakari Ya'u commended the State Government for it's prompt response to resolve the issue and more remarkably, in a peaceful manner.

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2020/06/youths-snatch-service-riffle-from.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 19, 2020
pls don't try this alone

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by HornyTave: 1:08am On Jun 19, 2020
in a sane country, police are not allowed to carry an assault rifle but semi automatic pistols.

160 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Agapezena: 1:21am On Jun 19, 2020
How can u say collectioning Oga Blogger? Na wa oh!!! Even your dictionary or autocorrect suppose give u signal say wetin u write dey wrong. See as u use grammar wan scatter my eye.. Na so i just dey blink since i see that sentence, please do the needfull Mr. Man

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Mywd: 1:21am On Jun 19, 2020
Na d way all of them dey use pic take dey shalaye nain tire me o

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Nobody: 2:35am On Jun 19, 2020
HornyTave:
in a sane country, police are not allowed to carry an assault rifle but semi automatic pistols.
You mean that their pistol heavier than m19?
Hmmmmmmm
Nigeria police and Army no nothing about the automatic pistol u are taking about. All they know is ak47

11 Likes

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by bernard1000001(m): 4:12am On Jun 19, 2020
hmm

1 Like

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Obio4real(m): 7:38am On Jun 19, 2020
Agapezena:
How can u say collectioning Oga Blogger? Na wa oh!!! Even your dictionary or autocorrect suppose give u signal say wetin u write dey wrong. See as u use grammar wan scatter my eye.. Na so i just dey blink since i see that sentence, please do the needfull Mr. Man
lol... Oga na mistake. It's been corrected. Thanks for spotting sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Obio4real(m): 7:56am On Jun 19, 2020
HornyTave:
This is Nigeria bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Greenbirth: 11:37am On Jun 19, 2020
These are the greatest youths of our time. And any attempt for the police to cover up must be recorded and thrown into youtube.let it go viral.

7 Likes

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Perfecttouchade: 11:38am On Jun 19, 2020
Lobaatan..thank God none of the youth was shot in the process o...don't try this at home,school,road, street , expressway grin

7 Likes

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Maxcollins042(m): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2020
This is interesting. Civilians disarming a law enforcer. The question now is would the force go farther to make the culprit face the book?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Evaromantik(m): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2020
My village people can never push me into making such mistake.

44 Likes

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by sheDD(m): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2020
Youth with the balls grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by yeyeboi(m): 11:39am On Jun 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Sebastine1994(m): 11:39am On Jun 19, 2020
china vs nigeria

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by tillaman(m): 11:39am On Jun 19, 2020
News like this breaks my heart, The IG and his team needs to cleanse the police force news like this dents the already dirty image of the force the more abi how can a sane person collect bribe at the expense of the lives you are tasked to protect!! The sad thing is their Ogas hears about the many bribery allegations but sadly nothing is done, most of them officers are very lawless they boldly ask for bribe and if you don’t comply it might cost you your life!
Imagine Such effrontery

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by prospero15(m): 11:39am On Jun 19, 2020
wow please call to get your kiddies tablet.

1 Like

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 19, 2020
Make I siddon here just in case

Well, their act of JET-LI-LISM could've been their road to six feet journey of no return but we thank God they had the instinct of JOHN WICK.
brethren, don't let this post inspire you to try rubbish o, they were lucky but you may be not.

Abeg patronize me o, comes with phone charging features (two phones) loud music, SD, flash and fm function @an affordable price.
SOLAR+GAS POWERED POPCORN machine.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Slawormir: 11:39am On Jun 19, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
But some times ehnn
I go just dey reason

our government just get luck say Nigerian youth up till now never still vex despite the problem and hardship way them subject the youth into

Imagine finally Nigerian youth come decide to vex and start a cataclysmic revolution
O boy. Every where go scatter o

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Breaksmart: 11:40am On Jun 19, 2020
kiss kiss
Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by paulolee(m): 11:40am On Jun 19, 2020
bad move to try with our dangerous naija police and dose youths really gat balls to snatch olopa gun because he is doing his "work"...but why that funny photoshoot na?? c as the guy de deliver cheap gun gv police asif na mag or vektor him hold
Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by ursullalinda(f): 11:40am On Jun 19, 2020
See guts!....... That was very risky oh.
Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by CalabarPikin: 11:40am On Jun 19, 2020
Apart from the bad government in this nation, our major problem is the so called security... If they r not killing unarmed civilians, they will be extorting or planning to kill.....nonsense set..

How can u risk d lives of people for d sake of money that will certainly end in ogogoro joint..
Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by mosesofnaija: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2020
I buy giftcards and bitcoin at the best rates. 100% fast payment. 0 9 0 3 4 9 4 8 4 88
Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by canDy4eva(f): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2020
Oh my...

It's well.
Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by safarigirI(f): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2020
Cross River people still showing their level of hatred to their fellow brothers Akwa ibomites.
No wonder they still reek of poverty and their akwa ibom counterparts are way doing better and are ahead of them.
Same Oku Iboku youths that attacked akwa ibomite fishermen that were fishing at the river and killed 5 of them. Cross River state youths are cursed
Useless and backward Cross Riverians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2020
grin. Money for Belle

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prince Gwamnishu Harrison Kidnapped, Cries, Says He's Leaving Nigeria (Photos) / Student Killed Over ‘girlfriend With 6 Boyfriends’ - (pictured) / 8 Deadly Kidnappers On Abuja-Kaduna Road Arrested By Abba Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.