Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger (77457 Views)

Oshiomhole Joins Tinubu To Commission Biggest Flyover Project In Rivers / Abia State First Flyover In Limbo After 5 Years (Pictures) / Behold Longest Flyover In West Africa To Be Commissioned By President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by jesmond3945: 10:06am On Jun 19, 2020
24SEVEN:
But sincerely aren't Akwa Ibomites wasting their resources unnecessarily?

Look at the sparsely populated environment and tell me what vehicular traffic warrants such infrastructure. Can the money be used for something more pressing and/or beneficial.

Why do people who suddenly struck wealth resort to wastages.
by the time they finish and with a seaport. People will leave Lagos to akwaibom

12 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Ilaumoh(m): 10:08am On Jun 19, 2020
Raeheemwayne:
Akwa Ibom Isouhuo - Iya - A Man with foresight.

Op, biko which one is Lalalacta?
LOL!!!!
Lol
Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Ilaumoh(m): 10:10am On Jun 19, 2020
jesmond3945:
by the time they finish and with a seaport. People will leave Lagos to akwaibom
Your spot on
Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by chariisGRACE(m): 10:29am On Jun 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

Look at the sparsely populated environment and tell me what vehicular traffic warrants such infrastructure. Can the money be used for something more pressing and/or beneficial.

The junction that flyover is sited is a regular customer to accidents.
The main reason the flyover was built is to curb the accidents that are witnessed in that place.

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Ilaumoh(m): 10:35am On Jun 19, 2020
chariisGRACE:

The junction that flyover is sited is a regular customer to accidents.
The main reason the flyover was built is to curb the accidents that are witnessed in that place.
Your right dear
Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Fantasticcc: 10:36am On Jun 19, 2020
Nice one from akwa ibom,but the one I want most is the seaport.the monopoly from the Yoruba's are too much..they play politics in everything which is why Nigeria Is a shit hole,imagine akwa ibom with there deep seaport even deeper than Lagos sea Port start functioning,now tell me why an Igbo man Like me will import from lagos when akwa ibom is more closer and beautiful.how can it be a must to import cars from Lagos when other ports are functioning..

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Meteng: 10:37am On Jun 19, 2020
Enugupikin:

They're definitely wasting it...go to Akwa-Ibom and see many poor people who can't afford to eat, why waste resources on something that's not useful

You will also notice Akwa-Ibom has the number 1 highest HIV rate in Nigeria..what happened to using the funds to buy free condoms for it's populace since na only fuccckk them Sabi...waste of resources when their people need it undecided
Is it your money?

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by EDGEof2MORO: 10:45am On Jun 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

You think the population would not grow? People like you lack foresight. A typical Nigerian that waits for his street to be flooded before he builds a drainage system because in the dry season,there was no need for gutters

10 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Ilaumoh(m): 10:45am On Jun 19, 2020
Fantasticcc:
Nice one from akwa ibom,but the one I want most is the seaport.the monopoly from the Yoruba's are too much..they play politics in everything which is why Nigeria Is a shit hole,imagine akwa ibom with there deep seaport even deeper than Lagos sea Port start functioning,now tell me why an Igbo man Like me will import from lagos when akwa ibom is more closer and beautiful.how can it be a must to import cars from Lagos when other ports are functioning..

With time bro it will come. Meanwhile you can find status of the seaport below with link
https://sweetcrudereports.com/procurement-process-for-ibom-deep-seaport-awaits-fecs-approval/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Ilaumoh(m): 10:46am On Jun 19, 2020
Meteng:
Is it your money?
Him no go fit answer, na to talk without brain cells him sabi

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Ilaumoh(m): 10:47am On Jun 19, 2020
EDGEof2MORO:
You think the population would not grow? People like you lack foresight.
God bless you

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by BeautifulMind2: 10:52am On Jun 19, 2020
Enugupikin:

No one wants u in Biafra..get it into your head.. you're worthless to Biafra... we have more than what you have cheesy ..so go and fix Akwa-Ibom people
You guys should not mind this dodomayana he is not from Southeast, he is using the Enugupikin to deceive gullible minds

13 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by BeautifulMind2: 10:54am On Jun 19, 2020
Ilaumoh:

I still doubt if your igbo but incase you are then God bless you mate but if you are an impostor then watch your back oo
He is an imposter from West using Enugu name.

11 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Barryseal: 10:57am On Jun 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

Look at the sparsely populated environs of Duabi a few years ago.
This is how powerful dreams and purposeful planning can bear fruit. Everything is not about now

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Barryseal: 10:59am On Jun 19, 2020
Enugupikin:

They're definitely wasting it...go to Akwa-Ibom and see many poor people who can't afford to eat, why waste resources on something that's not useful

You will also notice Akwa-Ibom has the number 1 highest HIV rate in Nigeria..what happened to using the funds to buy free condoms for it's populace since na only fuccckk them Sabi...waste of resources when their people need it undecided
Stop disgracing 042 with this tasteless comment.

11 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Ilaumoh(m): 10:59am On Jun 19, 2020
BeautifulMind2:

You guys should not mind this dodomayana he is not from Southeast, he is using the Enugupikin to deceive gullible minds
I just wonder why anybody will hate development
Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Ilaumoh(m): 11:00am On Jun 19, 2020
BeautifulMind2:

He is an imposter from West using Enugu name.
Still wonder

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Ilaumoh(m): 11:01am On Jun 19, 2020
Barryseal:

This is how powerful dreams and purposeful planning can bear fruit. Everything is not about now
Great words of wisdom you gat there bro
Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by BeautifulMind2: 11:01am On Jun 19, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Still wonder
You suppose know them by now on how they operate

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Ilaumoh(m): 11:01am On Jun 19, 2020
Barryseal:

That's the target ... economy free from crude oil
Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Sammy07: 11:05am On Jun 19, 2020
Fantasticcc:

You're very stu.pid for your comment.

Is it only Lagos seaport that's functioning?

What about the one in Onne and port Harcourt?
or the one in delta?

ain't they closer to you than Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Fantasticcc: 11:08am On Jun 19, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Igboid: 11:10am On Jun 19, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Again you and your kind are the reason Akwa Ibomite or even south south don't want biafra becos you guys don't even like us...you won't allow your hate to make the propose country prosper and I can't believe your from enugu becos there are not known to hate atleat the once I know.

The person you are addressing, how are you sure he is Igbo to start with?
Did you go through his post history to find out what Igbos think about him or his opinions on issues or because you saw Enugu attached to his name, you started talking whatever comes to your mind?
Here is a faceless forum and you should know better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Ilaumoh(m): 11:11am On Jun 19, 2020
Sammy07:

or the one in delta?

Onne is the only working port sir, and the are not deep seaport too
Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Sammy07: 11:13am On Jun 19, 2020
Igboid:

Did you go through his post history to find out what Igbos think about him or his opinions on issues or because you saw Enugu attached to his name, you started talking whatever comes to your mind?

Check his post history.
enugupikin is an igbo boy.

Check his post history and see the number of likes he gets whenever he mentioned afonja.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Fantasticcc: 11:13am On Jun 19, 2020
Sammy07:

or the one in delta?

a typical Yoruba man,uncivilized sets,everything is fight.agbero lifestyle.
You can not import cars through other seaport except Lagos,if not it Will be confiscated.you are issued a seal one's you import from Lagos,any car without that seal is termed illegal.stop disgracing your tribe here..nothing special about Lagos,overrated slum..

9 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Fantasticcc: 11:14am On Jun 19, 2020
Ilaumoh:

thank you. you understand what I mean..

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Barryseal: 11:15am On Jun 19, 2020
Ilaumoh:

That's the target ... economy free of crude oil
This is what I have been advocating. States should identify their competitive advantage and model their economy anchored on those identifiables. Build cities specifically on a peculiar character.

As Akwa Ibom is targeting to become the industrial hub of Africa, Cross River can develop their own theme, something Donald Duke did but has been derailed by his visionless predecessors. Ebonyi used to be food but the present governor seems to have other focus. The less said about the man in Enugu the better.

Akwa ibom looks the only state with a precise vision.

10 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Ilaumoh(m): 11:16am On Jun 19, 2020
Igboid:

I later acknowledged that bro
Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Fantasticcc: 11:16am On Jun 19, 2020
Igboid:

exactly.we don't hate them.that boy might be an imposter as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Igboid: 11:21am On Jun 19, 2020
Sammy07:

Check his post history.
enugupikin is an igbo boy.

Check his post history and see the number of likes he gets whenever he mentioned afonja.

Could it be that you are the one behind that handle? Looking at how fast you are to his defense?
One thing is for sure, whatever is behind that handle is not Igbo and had clashed with Igbos in the past here.
I'm now convinced you are the one behind that moniker. Because you have always been an Igbo obsessed Yoruba man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger by Sammy07: 11:22am On Jun 19, 2020
Ilaumoh:

I've been to Akwaibom very well, I know you guys are welcoming guys.

the guy I quoted (fantasticcc), he has never been to a port before.
Read this very well.

According to the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), the country has six seaports: Apapa and Tin Can in Lagos, the Onne and Port-Harcourt ports in Rivers State, the Warri Port, and the Calabar Port. But, by many accounts, only the Lagos ports are operating anywhere near full capacity. 

The Apapa and Tin Can Ports account for 70% of imports on average. NPA data shows that the Onne port handled about 80% of Nigeria’s export cargos between 2012 and 2017 – but this is because the Onne port is located in an Oil & Gas Free Zone and most of Nigeria’s exports are oil & gas products. Thus, the dispersion of imports across the ports paints a fairer picture of the performance of each one.

Part of the problem may be structural. Petroleum imports account for roughly 20% of Nigeria’s imports, and most of this comes in through the Lagos ports. The absence of a strong network of pipelines for transport and depots for storage have effectively rendered the other ports useless in this situation.  

It isn’t immediately clear what happened to the Port Harcourt port. Some have blamed the poor functionality of the ports in the South on insecurity, as militancy and piracy increase the cost and risk associated with transporting goods through these areas. This is a view sometimes pushed by the federal government, and it has some merit. At the height of a militant uprising driven by frustration at perceived exploitation by the government and international oil companies, kidnapping expatriates was a popular and lucrative activity and remains a moderate threat to this day. This has greatly discouraged foreign investment in the area. Although amnesty was granted to the militants in 2009, latent insecurity clouds the region.  

Others peddle the narrative that the Lagos ports are most active because it is the economic capital of the country. While this is true, and many importers would prefer to receive their goods in Lagos, some of Nigeria’s largest markets are in the East, which makes it bizarre that such little activity is directed to ports closer to the region. 

I'm not against you or so, but that guy that refused to be schooled at home.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

The History Of Ebira People (itopa Ane Ebira) Modified By Aliyu Abdullahi Onumo / Funsho Fayose And Oluwakemi Owolabi Pre-Wedding Pictures / Bandit Leader, Kachalla Baleri, Flaunts Redesigned Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.