Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,055 members, 7,956,943 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

Delay In Gear Engagement - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Delay In Gear Engagement (728 Views)

My 2004 Camry Leaks Oil In Gear Box.. I’ve Change Oil Seal Still Not Working / Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear / Help !!!! Mazda 6 Jerks When In Gear And Goes Off!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delay In Gear Engagement by booz(m): 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
Hi Fellas,

There's this auto gear, Nissan utility car of mine, that when the gear lever is pushed to drive(D), it takes like 3seconds to engage. And when the accelerator is throttled as and when due its effect is felt after the 3 seconds delay and consequently the car jerks.

Pros in the house, please what could be the cause?
Re: Delay In Gear Engagement by TPound(m): 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
booz:
Hi Fellas,

There's this auto gear, Nissan utility car of mine, that when the gear lever is pushed to drive(D), it takes like 3seconds to engage. And when the accelerator is throttled as and when due its effect is felt after the 3 seconds delay and consequently the car jerks.

Pros in the house, please what could be the cause?

Frontier or titan?
Re: Delay In Gear Engagement by booz(m): 1:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
It's a Micra
TPound:

Frontier or titan?

Re: Delay In Gear Engagement by TPound(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
booz:
It's a Micra

When last have you serviced it?...have you checked the oil level?
Remember you can only know the right gauge if the gear is engaged.
If your e-brake is working (arm brake in layman's term),engage it,engage your gear in D and go and check the dipstick...,if low,top it and let it be in park for 5 minutes...then try driving it again

1 Like

Re: Delay In Gear Engagement by booz(m): 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
Thanks boss, will do just that
TPound:

When last have you serviced it?...have you checked the oil level?
Remember you can only know the right gauge if the gear is engaged.
If your e-brake is working (arm brake in layman's term),engage it,engage your gear in D and go and check the dipstick...,if low,top it and let it be in park for 5 minutes...then try driving it again

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 Vs Lexus LX 570 2016 / Catalyst And Fuel Economy / Car For For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.