Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC (22877 Views)

Giadom Announces Himself APC National Chairman, Cancels Edo Election Screening / Victor Giadom Faults Ajimobi’s Appointment As APC Acting National Chairman / Court Grants Victor Giadom Access To Operate As APC Acting Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by Nemere2020: 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
Victor Giadom, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has written a letter to the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), introducing himself as the acting national chairman of the ruling party.

The party has been embroiled in a leadership crisis following the appeal court ruling that upheld the suspension of Adams Oshiomhole as national chairman of the party.

While the party announced Abiola Ajimobi, former Oyo governor, as acting chairman, Giadom declared himself as national chairman and also reversed the disqualification of Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo, from the gubernatorial primary election and ordered a fresh exercise.

But the national working committee of the APC overruled him and appointed Hillard Eta, vice chairman of the party (south-south), to stand in for Ajimobi who was “unavoidably absent”.

However, on Thursday, a high court of the federal capital territory (FCT) reaffirmed Giadom as the acting national chairman of the APC but another high court in Rivers state restrained him from parading himself as such.

In a letter dated June 18, Giadom told INEC to serve all processes and documents concerning APC elections, as well as other correspondences on him.

“I want to respectfully through this medium bring it to your attention that I have been appointed as the acting National Chairman of the APC. A copy of the order of the FCT High Court, Abuja affirming my authority as the acting national chairman of the APC is herewith attached,” the letter read.

“Please note that the earlier of the FCT High Court suspending Comrade Adams Oshiomhole from office on March 4, 2020 as affirmed by the Court of Appeal, Abuja on June 16, 2020. Mr. Oshiomhole’s appeals were dismissed on that date. Copies of the orders of the court in the tow cases are herewith attached for your perusal.

“As the acting national chairman of the party, all processes, documents, and communications including those concerning the conduct of elections meant for the APC are to be served on me.”

https://www.thecable.ng/im-the-acting-national-chairman-of-apc-giadom-writes-inec/amp?__twitter_impression=true

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by TheFreeOne: 10:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
APC ....a party of confusion.

Waiting for Hillard Eta and Ajimobi factions to respond as usual whilst those pulling the strings continues with their permutations.

But for sure the crisis is beyond Obaseki reelection and APC won't be the same again cos 2023 is the big picture playing out now.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by Brandstudio01: 10:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Blame PDP grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 20, 2020
oshomole gave higher forces the opportunity to cut him and Tinubu to size.
they should have left Obaseki alone

150 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by RuddyFusion(m): 6:12am On Jun 20, 2020
Lostz:

Exactly....now hell has bn let loose no going back it's fight to finish

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 20, 2020
RuddyFusion:

Exactly....now hell has bn let loose no going back it's fight to finish

the fight is one sided.

Tinubu while fighting is careful not to destroy APC because of his ambition. Giadom and his sponsors are willing to go any length. to them it is a supremacy battle and they won't mind destroying APC before going to another party

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by realstars: 6:31am On Jun 20, 2020
APC Is Dangerus To The Nation, Even To Its Members.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by jidamsel43(m): 6:39am On Jun 20, 2020
This man is a mole in APC.
All his actions are aimed at destroying the party

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by ProWalker: 6:41am On Jun 20, 2020
The confusion they brought to Rivers APC will not be allowed at the National level

Bastards with no value

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by Masterkernel1: 7:16am On Jun 20, 2020
It was Oshiomhole that started it. They were all begging him, right now.... The chicken has gotten home to roast.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by RuddyFusion(m): 7:16am On Jun 20, 2020
Lostz:

the fight is one sided.

Tinubu while fighting is careful not to destroy APC because of his ambition. Giadom and his sponsors are willing to go any length. to them it is a supremacy battle and they won't mind destroying APC before going to another party

An ambition that's dead on arrival

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by SmartProf(m): 7:18am On Jun 20, 2020
Since you have not yet gone to greet and snap with Tinubu and Buhari, since you became convinced of being the national chairman, I doubt INEC will take u serious cos that's the modus operandi of APC. INEC pls if u can, just de-register this party and let all of us rest abeg

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by Captainrambo2: 7:23am On Jun 20, 2020
TheFreeOne:
APC ....a party of confusion.

Waiting for Hillard Eta and Ajimobi factions to respond as usual whilst those pulling the strings continues with their permutations.

But for sure the crisis is beyond Obaseki reelection and APC won't be the same again cos 2023 is the big picture playing out now.
giadom is sitting comfortably at apc secretariat abuja..

Only God knows where the other faction operates from.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by Cyberterror: 7:37am On Jun 20, 2020
High court of Rivers State has already restrained Giadom from parading himself as national chairman.

Wike is keeping his end of the bargain cheesy

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by Unigrad: 7:51am On Jun 20, 2020
Cyberterror:
High court of Rivers State has already restrained Giadom from parading himself as national chairman.

How can two different high court give different judgement?
Does a high court have the power to overrule another high court judgement?
Nigeria judiciary na cash and carry.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by Salvador1: 7:59am On Jun 20, 2020
I heard that ize iyamu is not a carrying card member of APC that he couldn't prove his online membership either.

I see APC not having a candidate in this election

Many court cases are still on the way.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by Salvador1: 8:01am On Jun 20, 2020
Cyberterror:

so ordinary state court supersedes that of federal high Court.

You have successfully filled your Brain with amala and ewedu .

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by BERNIMOORE: 9:12am On Jun 20, 2020
Cyberterror:

The Rivers state court did not say he should stop parading himself as national chairman. The court only talk about parading himself as member National working committee..meanwhile the letter below is a waiver granted to Giadom at the national level which state High court cannot make a reversal ....here is the letter that knocked off the rivers state stand on NWC

27 Likes

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by gurunlocker: 11:40am On Jun 20, 2020
Lol.... APC should kiss Edo goodbye with this drama

14 Likes

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by virginboy1(m): 11:40am On Jun 20, 2020
Useless Party, useless politicians... Bandits are killing people like rats in Sokoto, Kastina ,Kaduna etc. And our priorities seems to be focused on APC and PDP shits(humans that don't care about the plight of Nigerians). Nonsense.

Yesterday see the large crowd welcoming Obaseki to PDP...no social distancing etc. These useless politicians keep making Covid-19 to look like scam in Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 20, 2020
Lol!

Useless greedy old fool.

You get luck say Ajimobi dey in-between life and death...

OSUs and their regular frustration...
Lostz:

Lol
Why must you always drag yorubas into your stupîdity and frustration?

Wetin consign Tinubu for this Matter now?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by emexc11(m): 11:41am On Jun 20, 2020
Noted
Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by mastar111: 11:41am On Jun 20, 2020
Ok
Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by DatAbujaBoy: 11:41am On Jun 20, 2020
E
Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by israelmao(m): 11:42am On Jun 20, 2020
Letter 'C' in APC now stands for confusion.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by egalitarianism: 11:42am On Jun 20, 2020
Damn. Even despite yesterday's judgement in Portharcut?
Re: ‘I Am The Acting National Chairman Of APC’ — Giadom Writes INEC by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:42am On Jun 20, 2020
He has lost it. If you are indeed the Acting National Chairman, you won't have to tell INEC. They will know

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Kukah Must Be Allowed To Practise His Faith And Politics - Garba Shehu / Zamfara Bandits Leader, Halilu Speaks On Ravaging Insecurity Make Demands / ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.