Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy (1143 Views)

Umahi’s Defection: PDP Suspends 3 Senators, 5 Lawmakers, Others In Ebonyi / Umahi’s Defection: PDP Dodges Zoning As APC Woos Ugwuanyi, Ikpeazu, Obiano / Defection: PDP Battles Crises In Kano, Kwara, Benue, Five Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 20, 2020
BY Pa. Ehinmen

Quite recently, I wrote an article advising the PDP not to admit governor Godwin Obaseki into their party in other to prove to Nigerians that they are not a power and money hungry party but however they did not listen and instead officially received obaseki into their party on June 19, 2020.

This is indeed shameful and a total attempt to rape our hard earned democracy. PDP has continued to distinguished themselves as a corrupt and useless party that Nigerians must reject if true progress can come to this nation.
The issue that baffles me most about obaseki's defection to the PDP is that he is expected to become the governorship flag bearer of the party. This makes me to wonder if the PDP leadership is aware that 3 candidates have been campaigning for the past four years and building structures in Edo just to get the PDP's ticket!

First, is the PDP trying to tell Nigerians that a governor who just decamp to a party barely one week to it's primary will automatically win the party's ticket ahead of the three other aspirants who have been in the party? Because if Obaseki should become the PDP flag bearer, it will indeed be the 8th wonder in the world and only a corrupt party like the PDP can produced such wonder!

Let's assume that Gov. Obaseki will not participate in the PDP primary, then how is he going to tell three aspirant who has spent billions so far on their campaign to step down for him to be the consensus? Because if this should be the case, then Edo state treasury is in serious danger and Edo people must wake up.

On another scenero, let's assume that obaseki will be substituted for who ever wins the PDP primary, this also means that a lot of agreement involving billions of naira must have been striked with the PDP leadership and the aspirant for that to happen. Edo people must not allow sentiments blind them, they should wake up and protect Edo treasury.
Thus, how the PDP want to make obaseki their flag bearer overnight surely falls under this three assumptions I have discussed above and all represents a rape on our democracy.

What kind of political party will bully its loyal aspirants who has sweat tooth and nail to unite and work for the party just accept and impose it's rejected main opposition candidate who obviously has a fat Ghana must go'
Indeed, how the PDP will qualify a candidate who was disqualified by his previous party for presenting a fake certificate remains a movie we all are anticipating to watch.

Edo people must therefore arise and vote out the PDP just as they did in 2007. We must not allow this PDP cancer to spread on our hard earned democracy. Edo people are wise and we will never allow PDP become landlords at osadebe avenue.

Pa. Ehinmen is a freelance writer, a Nairalander, and a member of pastor Osagie ize-iyamu youth movement from Edo State.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:27am On Jun 20, 2020
You are doing a good work campaining for Obaseki with this your funny write ups.Its good for apc to accept izeiyamu and other candidates to step down for him, but Pdp is now bad for accepting Obaseki? You are a comedian.

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Trumpcard05: 11:30am On Jun 20, 2020
Another useless article that makes no sense. So Obaseki should have stayed back in APC and clapped for oshomonkey and the charade they organized as screening & predetermined disqualification. Oga I beg stop fooling ur old age and park well.

12 Likes

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by donbachi(m): 11:33am On Jun 20, 2020
And apc will end up another mistreated cancer.that was infected by defected pdp members.mind you,your new found love,ize-iyamu was also a member of pdp.unless,asymptomatic for now.so,let me put it right..apc is a cancer inside an untreated and mistreated cancer called pdp.

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by BlowYourMind: 11:34am On Jun 20, 2020
Chemotherapy treatment is available, please shut up

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by abobote: 11:38am On Jun 20, 2020
While APC is Ebola to our democracy, that is if what we have is a democracy. Talk about kettle calling pot black

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 20, 2020
here goes ipob members with their hate speech, Edo people are wiser.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Oksman(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2020
Funny write up you forget that APC had many PDP member who left to join them. I guess your write up was directed at APC. and not PDP.

The hen has finally come to roost.

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Agbalanze(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2020
I feel your pains Mr writer. You 're simply doing the biddings of your paymaster but just know that you don't have a point. Where people not in Apc when your principle joined and with the backing of oshomole, the rest are about stepping down for him.
Obaseki deserve a 2nd term and oshomole even made him more popular. Obaseki will win! Period!!

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Asgard13: 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ehinmen3:
here goes ipob members with their hate speech, Edo people are wiser.

Amateur!

Read what you wrote ... and see the size of your brain.

You need sharp brain reset... and next time if you wan write don’t drop your brain at your door step.

Zombeic write up.

Your lord Oshiomole and his tiny god will reject you and your post...

Careless!

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by heyihola: 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
abobote:
While APC is Ebola to our democracy, that is if what we have is a democracy. Talk about kettle calling pot black
APC is COVID-19 to our democracy.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Luckydubby7(m): 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ehinmen3:
BY Pa. Ehinmen

Quite recently, I wrote an article advising the PDP not to admit governor Godwin Obaseki into their party in other to prove to Nigerians that they are not a power and money hungry party but however they did not listen and instead officially received obaseki into their party on June 19, 2020.

This is indeed shameful and a total attempt to rape our hard earned democracy. PDP has continued to distinguished themselves as a corrupt and useless party that Nigerians must reject if true progress can come to this nation.
The issue that baffles me most about obaseki's defection to the PDP is that he is expected to become the governorship flag bearer of the party. This makes me to wonder if the PDP leadership is aware that 3 candidates have been campaigning for the past four years and building structures in Edo just to get the PDP's ticket!

First, is the PDP trying to tell Nigerians that a governor who just decamp to a party barely one week to it's primary will automatically win the party's ticket ahead of the three other aspirants who have been in the party? Because if Obaseki should become the PDP flag bearer, it will indeed be the 8th wonder in the world and only a corrupt party like the PDP can produced such wonder!

Let's assume that Gov. Obaseki will not participate in the PDP primary, then how is he going to tell three aspirant who has spent billions so far on their campaign to step down for him to be the consensus? Because if this should be the case, then Edo state treasury is in serious danger and Edo people must wake up.

On another scenero, let's assume that obaseki will be substituted for who ever wins the PDP primary, this also means that a lot of agreement involving billions of naira must have been striked with the PDP leadership and the aspirant for that to happen. Edo people must not allow sentiments blind them, they should wake up and protect Edo treasury.
Thus, how the PDP want to make obaseki their flag bearer overnight surely falls under this three assumptions I have discussed above and all represents a rape on our democracy.

What kind of political party will bully its loyal aspirants who has sweat tooth and nail to unite and work for the party just accept and impose it's rejected main opposition candidate who obviously has a fat Ghana must go'
Indeed, how the PDP will qualify a candidate who was disqualified by his previous party for presenting a fake certificate remains a movie we all are anticipating to watch.

Edo people must therefore arise and vote out the PDP just as they did in 2007. We must not allow this PDP cancer to spread on our hard earned democracy. Edo people are wise and we will never allow PDP become landlords at osadebe avenue.

Pa. Ehinmen is a freelance writer, a Nairalander, and a member of pastor Osagie ize-iyamu youth movement from Edo State.
Hmm who be this one again?

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by jodeci(m): 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
This guy comes across to me like a trainee online defender.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by ifytrik(m): 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
T
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Validated: 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Hmm who be this one again?
One confused APC ZB. He does not see anything wrong in Ize-Iyamu defection to APC but Obaseki defection is his problem.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Luckydubby7(m): 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
Validated:

One confused APC ZB. He does not see anything wrong in Ize-Iyamu defection to APC but Obaseki defection is his problem.
. My issue with some of them is poor reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
Agbalanze:
I feel your pains Mr writer. You 're simply doing the biddings of your paymaster but just know that you don't have a point. Where people not in Apc when your principle joined and with the backing of oshomole, the rest are about stepping down for him.
Obaseki deserve a 2nd term and oshomole even made him more popular. Obaseki will win! Period!!

says someone who does not have a PVC
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
Asgard13:

Amateur!

Read what you wrote ... and see the size of your brain.

You need sharp brain reset... and next time if you wan write don’t drop your brain at your door step.

Zombeic write up.

Your lord Oshiomole and his tiny god will reject you and your post...

Careless!

atleast you heard the truth, your lord and saviour PDP is a failure already
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by helinues: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
Any different between Apc and Pdp?
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
Oksman:
Funny write up you forget that APC had many PDP member who left to join them. I guess your write up was directed at APC. and not PDP.

The hen has finally come to roost.

maybe you should learn how to read
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
Trumpcard05:
Another useless article that makes no sense. So Obaseki should have stayed back in APC and clapped for oshomonkey and the charade they organized as screening & predetermined disqualification. Oga I beg stop fooling ur old age and park well.

the truth is bitter, you can cry me a river if you wish
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
I have a question, what if Obaseki loses PDP's primary election, will he leave to another party?
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
I have a question: what if Obaseki loses PDP's primary election, will he leave to another party?
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Luckydubby7(m): 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
iLUCID:
I have a question: what if Obaseki loses PDP's primary election, will he leave to another party?
. He can never lose the primary.
Only person that would have challenge him is padtor Ize
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
OP you're right, that's how they accepted the likes of Atiku and Saraki back and allowed them to vie for the presidential election ticket at the expense of loyal party men like David Mark and co. What a party

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Oksman(m): 1:08pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ehinmen3:

maybe you should learn how to read

grin grin
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by allthingsgood: 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
Anybody expecting anything good from pdp is like expecting your name to be found in book of like after willing surrendering your soul to Satan.

Pdp can never change
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by allthingsgood: 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2020
iLUCID:

He will
He's so desperate to come back as governor now

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
iLUCID:
I have a question, what if Obaseki loses PDP's primary election, will he leave to another party?

Yes it will be over for him because all primaries must hold next week by law. Also if the PDP will not rig the primary, Obaseki stand no chance atall

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Validated: 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
The 14 legislators, 24 LGA chair and 192 councilors are automatically deligates for Obaseki. Also most PDP leadership are behind him. This is indiect primaries. Just watch AIT on 25th and all you will hear will be Obaseki, Obaseki, Godwin, Obaseki ... until counting is done. Na money go doam.
No one can defeat him. All those guys will get conmissionership.
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
Validated:
The 14 legislators, 24 LGA chair and 192 councilors are automatically deligates for Obaseki. Also most PDP leadership are behind him. This is indiect primaries. Just watch AIT on 25th and all you will hear will be Obaseki, Obaseki, Godwin, Obaseki ... until counting is done. Na money go doam.
No one can defeat him. All those guys will get conmissionership.

You know nothing about politics, all the people you mentioned are all from APC. Indirect primary will only involve the real PDP Edo delegates. How many does obaseki knows? Truth is they can only rig it to proof they are a useless party as usual became ken imaauagbon is tipped to be the winner, no doubt.
Re: Obaseki Defection: Pdp Is A Cancer To Our Democracy by Agbalanze(m): 9:48am On Jun 22, 2020
Ehinmen3:

says someone who does not have a PVC
Your Ize Iyamu have failed! No meal ticket for you!! Let that sink well!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inside Nigeria's New Law: "Omo You Fine" Can Land You In Jail / Edo 2020: Video Of War Message From Ize Iyamu And Kabaka Causes Uproar. / See The Aerial View Of Tinubu New Multi-billion Naira Mansion In Ikoyi. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.