Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,529 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? (1114 Views)

Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal / You Should Be Ready To Live With The Consequences Of Muslim-Muslim Ticket - CAN / Can Anyone Remember When These 2 Idiots Called For The Break Up Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2020
Before you do anything,you must look at the advantages and disadvantages of doing it.

You must particularly look at the disadvantage to really know if to proceed in doing it.

I want to know what disadvantages are there in Nigeria's break-up.

The few I can think of are:

(1) You will need a passport/visa to enter another part of Nigeria that is now a new country.

(2) All our brethren that are working/doing business in various parts of Nigeria may be forced to go back to their countries.

For example those hausa men working for federal government in the south,yoruba/igbo men working as lecturers in the north. Etc

(3) Freedom of traveling around Nigeria will be restricted.

You know now,even if you dont have any business going from Lagos to Kano,

you can wear your clothes,enter motor from Lagos to kano,book a hotel and sleep in kano just for the fun of it, without any questions from anyone.

But in the event of a Nigeria break-up,it will not be that easy to travel like that. You may need to follow so much protocols and answer questions from security men.

(4) What we have,we hate it until we lose it.

Now we have a big country called Nigeria but we dont want it. The grass is always greener on the other side.

A Nigeria break-up may not solve our problem.

We may end up regretting the collapse of Nigeria.

Please what other disadvantages are there in Nigeria break-up.

No abuse/insult please.Respect is reciprocal. Honour is reciprocal. Insult is reciprocal. Abuse is reciprocal. Love is reciprocal. Hatred is reciprocal.

If you insult me, i will insult you. If you abuse me, i will abuse you. If you curse me,i will curse you and your generation. I am just writing my opinion even as you have your own opinion.

Just as you would not like people to abuse you for your opinion,do not abuse you.

If you dont like my opinion,just walk away.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 05, 2020
Also if Nigeria break-up,we may end up regretting it as we regretted voting Jonathan out of power in 2015.

Nigeria is a land where people are good in doing something which they regret later.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by LegendAnselm: 9:08am On Oct 05, 2020
the advantages.

herdsmen killing go stop in biafra

none of biafra will be killed by boko boys...if they do we ll kill them many

biafra will build misiles against nigeria

biafra brains will be developed

biafra will not be among ecowas
Biafra visa will be very hard to get

all the foreigners in biafra will be deported
biafra will turn to japan of africa
biafra will build the powerful weapon in africa
biafra biafra

biafra my country

when i realized that i am a biafra... it gives me joy

in my next world i will be a biafra

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by Muna4real(f): 9:09am On Oct 05, 2020
Please can you stop making Nigeria look like USA? Why should we bother ourselves getting visa as if we haven't seen the country before? As if the country was like Miami that we would kill ourselves over. If there is something important anyone wants in any part of the broken country, a visa would not kill us. And we won't regret it my dear. So stop daydreaming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by natnoble(m): 9:11am On Oct 05, 2020
If all the reasons given above are all people will contend with after breaking up the country then there is know problem.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by Turantula(m): 9:15am On Oct 05, 2020
Fulani will be banned from entering Biafra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by helinues: 9:17am On Oct 05, 2020
Nigeria breaking up not feasible same as restructuring
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by 2by40ft: 9:19am On Oct 05, 2020
Turantula:
Fulani will be banned from entering Biafra
If Igbos can leave Arewa this country will have bn divided long ago

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:20am On Oct 05, 2020
It's same experience we have with neighbouring countries and we never die.

Beside, West Africa have made it visa FREE within its domain.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by MrColdsweat: 9:22am On Oct 05, 2020
There's no sensible reason here.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by Racoon(m): 9:23am On Oct 05, 2020
Cant wait! How can I share nationality with paedophiles, BH terrorists sympathizers etc?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 05, 2020
LegendAnselm:
the advantages.

herdsmen killing go stop in biafra

none of biafra will be killed by boko boys...if they do we ll kill them many

biafra will build misiles against nigeria

biafra brains will be developed

biafra will not be among ecowas

Biafra visa will be very hard to get

all the foreigners in biafra will be deported

biafra will turn to japan of africa

biafra will build the powerful weapon in africa

biafra biafra

biafra my country

when i realized that i am a biafra...
it gives me joy

in my next world i will be a biafra

Ok sir. That is wonderful.

But my only concern is that the grass is always greener on the other side.

What if the same problems rear their heads again in the new nation?

I mean discrimination among the tribes, bullying of the minorities by the majority of the new nation, corruption and inability to be as Japan.

You know how Africans behave generally.

Like me, Nigeria break-up will favour me since I come from an oil producing state.

But will it really be favourable?

If let's say my governor is stealing our money and taking it abroad to hide in the bank,

will he stop stealing our money in the new nation if Nigeria divides?

If it is hard for a leader to build his own village/town/state of origin in Nigeria, will he suddenly start building it in the new nation?

Will people suddenly change their African mentality and work for the overall interest of all?

I am taking about reality not wishful thinking as far as the new nation is concerned

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by ayenale1(m): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2020
Even if we divide, the Yorubas shouting up and down will suffer most.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by Rugaria: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2020
Muna4real:
Please can you stop making Nigeria look like USA? Why should we bother ourselves getting visa as if we haven't seen the country before? As if the country was like Miami that we would kill ourselves over. If there is something important anyone wants in any part of the broken country, a visa would not kill us. And we won't regret it my dear. So stop daydreaming.
Nne, gwaba haa..
Folks trying to invent all sorts unimaginable obstacles just to discourage free thinkers.. What you must know is that certain sections of Nigeria are disproportionately making a kill out the country's dysfunctional state that they will pull up every trick in the books to maintain the status quo..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 05, 2020
Don't mind any fool who tells you "One Nigeria " they are only benefiting from it
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by oluwabukola87028: 10:31am On Oct 05, 2020
If all the justifications given above are all folks will contend with after breaking up the region then there is yes dilemma.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by RandomArewaMan(m): 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
2by40ft:

If Igbos can leave Arewa this country will have bn divided long ago
Why so much hatred? Why so bitter?
It doesn't even make sense. Why would you ban Fulani from entering Biafra?
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by awgumayor: 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2020
Some will be at war with each other for the next 100 years. No be talkam oo.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by Okoroawusa: 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
This country is not breaking up in 100 years
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by Okoroawusa: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
handsomebeauty8:
Also if Nigeria break-up,we may end up regretting it as we regretted voting Jonathan out of power in 2015.

Nigeria is a land where people are good in doing something which they regret later.
Who told you I regret voting out Jonathan in 2015?

Stop generalizing your personal opinion.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2020
awgumayor:
Some will be at war with each other for the next 100 years. No be talkam oo.

Truly, this is another disadvantage.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by ThatFairGuy1: 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
handsomebeauty8:

Buhari has many flaws but for anyone to be justifying Voting out GEJ in 2015, such individual is very much UNTHINKABLE.
We all know where Nigeria was heading to then.

Voting out GEJ then was a very good decision.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by awgumayor: 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
handsomebeauty8:

Truly, this is another disadvantage.
On the contrary, for we Biafrans it is an advantage, because we will be supplying weapons to the willing sides.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Break-up Of Nigeria? by T9ksy(m): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2020
Op, at least fulani bandits, herdsmen and terrorists won't have the temerity to invade our farmlands displacing our farmers, kidnapping and raping our sisters and mothers on our highways with impunity and at random.

(1) (Reply)

Sentiment Analysis On Aisha Yesufu, Falz, Wizkid And Davido / Second Wave Of COVID 19: Another Lockdown Roam In Nigeria. NCDC Warn Nigerians / National Assembly Members Are The Real Kidnappers- Fr. Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.