Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies (1570 Views)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Myer(m): 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
The bible like other religious sacred books is considered God's word and infallible.
It has become needful to address the inconsistencies and contraditions in the bible.

Share a verse from the bible and I will show you another verse that contradicts it.

Cc Hoopernikao
DappaD
GRIMMJOE
Muttleylaff

2 Likes

Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by AeroplaneApple: 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2020
The word of God is infallible and it's consistent...
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Myer(m): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
AeroplaneApple:
The word of God is infallible and it's consistent...

I asked you to do something simple. Quote a verse and I will show you another verse that contradicts it from the same bible.

5 Likes

Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by AeroplaneApple: 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:

I asked you to do something simple. Quote a verse and I will show you another verse that contradicts it from the same bible.
Psalm 24 vs 1
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by AeroplaneApple: 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
It's already over 5 minutes now I have been waiting
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by AeroplaneApple: 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
Time is 12:50 already
There is really no point looking for inconsistency in the Bible. God loves you myer
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Myer(m): 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2020
AeroplaneApple:

Psalm 24 vs 1

Don't be a lazy christian. Atleast share the verse too.
If you're a bible scholar you would know that from Genesis God willed the earth's dominion to Adam and Eve. They lost it to the satan. This is confirmed in the verses below;

Matthew 4:8-9
Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”

Revelations 12:12
For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time. 

The resurrection of Christ was supposed to change that but still Paul states otherwise.

Ephesians 6:12
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

1 Like

Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by jcross19: 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:

If you're a bible scholar you would know that from Genesis God willed the earth's dominion to Adam and Eve. They lost it to the satan. This is confirmed in the verses below;

Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”

For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time. 

The resurrection of Christ was supposed to change that but still Paul states otherwise.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
see truly there are contradictions in the bible but these your verses are not part of them , you did not understand the bible scenario!!!.

1 Like

Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Myer(m): 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
jcross19:
see truly there are contradictions in the bible but these your verses are not part of them , you did not understand the bible scenario!!!.

Share your own verse.

3 Likes

Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Dtruthspeaker: 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
See how you destroyeth thy own soul "speaking evil of things you know not"? Woe Unto You!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by DappaD: 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:

Every post from you just reveals how shallow you are concerning the scriptures undecided undecided

Revelation 12:12 has no relation whatsoever with Ephesians 6:12 lipsrsealed

Revelation 12:7-12 talks about the permanent expulsion of Satan and his fallen angels from heaven and their permanent confinement to the earth.

Whereas in Paul's letter to the Christian congregation in Ephesus, he wrote:
“because we have a struggle[wrestling], not against blood and flesh, but against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places . ” Ephesians 6:12

The bolded is talking about the powerful wicked spirit beings, namely, Satan and his band of demons. The italicized “heavenly places” is talking about the place/means in which Satan and the demons exercise power and authority from, which means the demonic forces under Satan's control influence the world governments and on mankind in general, so figuratively speaking “heavenly places” mean all the worldly governments.
1John 5:19

1 Like

Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Myer(m): 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2020
DappaD:

Every post from you just reveals how shallow you are concerning the scriptures undecided undecided

Revelation 12:12 has no relation whatsoever with Ephesians 6:12 lipsrsealed

Revelation 12:7-12 talks about the permanent expulsion of Satan and his fallen angels from heaven and their permanent confinement to the earth.

Whereas in Paul's letter to the Christian congregation in Ephesus, he wrote:
“because we have a struggle[wrestling], not against blood and flesh, but against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places . ” Ephesians 6:12

The bolded is talking about the powerful wicked spirit beings, namely, Satan and his band of demons. The italicized “heavenly places” is talking the place/means in which Satan and the demons exercise power and authority from which means the demonic forces under Satan's control influence the world governments and on mankind in general, so figuratively speaking “heavenly places” mean all the worldly governments.
1John 5:19

Do you even understand the meaning of Ephesians 6:12?
The rulers of this age means that dominion is in their hands.

It's ironic that the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ was prophesied to change that but still it didn't. Isaiah 9:6-7
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by DappaD: 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:

It's ironic that the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ was prophesied to change that but still it didn't. Isaiah 9:6-7
One thing is clear here, I can't keep going further with this discussion because you have no idea about Bible chronology undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Myer(m): 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
DappaD:

One thing is clear here, I can't keep going further with this discussion because you have no idea about Bible chronology undecided

Typical. Instead of running away, why not share your chronology here and let's put it to the test.

3 Likes

Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by DappaD: 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:

Typical. Instead of running away, why not share your Bible chronology here and let's put it to the test.

Jehovah's Witnesses have enough Biblical reasons to believe that Jesus became ruling as King of God's Kingdom in heaven in the year 1914 (Revelation 12:7-12)
If you look closely at verses 9 and 10, we see two events occurring simultaneously, first the permanent expulsion of Satan and the demons from heaven to the earth and then Jesus Christ being crowned as King of God's Kingdom. These two events have already taken place in 1914.
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by DappaD: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:

Talking now about Isaiah 9:6, those are names given to Jesus when he became King in God's Kingdom and he will fully exercise the authority given to him when the Kingdom comes to rule the earth.
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Myer(m): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2020
DappaD:

Jehovah's Witnesses have enough Biblical reasons to believe that Jesus became ruling as King of God's Kingdom in heaven in the year 1914 (Revelation 12:7-12)
If you look closely at verses 9 and 10, we see two events occurring simultaneously, first the permanent expulsion of Satan and the demons from heaven to the earth and then Jesus Christ being crowned as King of God's Kingdom. These two events have already taken place in 1914.

So what significant event happened in 1914 that prompted this belief. Since it seems the devil had been banished to earth ever since the beginning of time.
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Myer(m): 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
DappaD:

Talking now about Isaiah 9:6, those are names given to Jesus when he became King in God's Kingdom and he will fully exercise the authority given to him when the Kingdom comes to rule the earth.

Isaiah 9:6–7

NKJV

6 For unto us a Child is born,

Unto us a Son is given;

And the government will be upon His shoulder.

And His name will be called

Wonderful, Counselor, lMighty God,

Everlasting Father, mPrince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of His government and peace

There will be no end,

Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,

To order it and establish it with judgment and justice

From that time forward, even forever.

The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

I don't know what you read but this wasn't taking about heavenly kingdom but an earthly kingdom. Because he was born here on earth and to rule upon the throne of David which is an earthly kingdom.

This singular verse made it difficult for the Jews to accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah because he didn't fulfill it.

But that's another discussion. Let us not derail this thread.

Share your verse and let me give you its contrasting verse.
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:
The bible like other religious sacred books is considered God's word and infallible.
It has become needful to address the inconsistencies and contraditions in the bible.

Share a verse from the bible and I will show you another verse that contradicts it.f

Jesus Christ is the word of God. He is also the truth.
God is true.

The bible is a book that contains the word of God. The Bible is not God' word.
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by DappaD: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:

So what significant event happened in 1914 that prompted this belief. Since it seems the devil had been banished to earth ever since the beginning of time.
Okay, now look closely at last part of Revelation 12:12, “...Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time”
When Satan was completely confined to the earth in 1914, he brought about the First World War in history which led to the slaughter of up to 40million[actual figure not confirmed] people, then still under his influence, in the years 1918-1920, the world experienced casualties as well from the then Spanish Flu (a global pandemic), even so in the year 1930, the whole world fell into economic shambles because of the Great Depression, the recurring earthquakes at the beginning of the 1900's and the Second World War[which is tagged the deadliest human conflict ever] had more than 85million deaths and ever since then the world has NOT known peace because of Satan's direct influence, but wait THERE'S MORE! When Jesus' disciple requested a sign of his presence[i.e as him being appointed King of God's Kingdom], he then told them at Matthew 24:1-14 and Luke 21:7-11, the things that would take place in the time of his presence and the end of this system of things.
“Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom[World Wars 1&2] There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages[The Great Depression] and pestilences[The Spanish Flu and other pandemic since then]...”
All of these things occurred simultaneously indicating that Jesus did become King in heaven in the year 1914 smiley
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by DappaD: 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:

Isaiah 9:6–7

NKJV

6 For unto us a Child is born,

Unto us a Son is given;

And the government will be upon His shoulder.

And His name will be called

Wonderful, Counselor, lMighty God,

Everlasting Father, mPrince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of His government and peace

There will be no end,

Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,

To order it and establish it with judgment and justice

From that time forward, even forever.

The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

I don't know what you read but this wasn't taking about heavenly kingdom but an earthly kingdom. Because he was born here on earth and to rule upon the throne of David which is an earthly kingdom.

This singular verse made it difficult for the Jews to accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah because he didn't fulfill it.

But that's another discussion. Let us not derail this thread.

Share your verse and let me give you its contrasting verse.
God's Kingdom would be extended to the earth in due time so why you going around in circles undecided
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by JhayJoe: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
DOES GOD TEMPT HUMANS?

"Let no man say when he is tempted, i am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man"-James 1:13

"And it came to pass after these things,that God DID TEMPT Abraham"-Genesis 22:1

CAN HUMANS SEE GOD?

"No one has ever seen God"-1 John 4:12
"No man has seen or can see God"-1 Timothy 6:16

"The Lord APPEARED to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of that day"- Genesis 18:17
"The Lord would speak to Moses FACE TO FACE, as one speaks to a friend"-Exodus 33:11

1 Like

Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Myer(m): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ is the word of God. He is also the truth.
God is true.

The bible is a book that contains the word of God. The Bible is not God' word.

Hmm.
Without the bible would you have know about Jesus Christ?
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by DappaD: 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:

Satan and his band of demons had already been marked for judgment the time they rebelled against God and they no longer were part of his heavenly family, but they were still allowed in heaven.
How do we know this? Thousands of years after Satan incited Adam and Eve to sin, he was still spotted in heaven accusing Job that Job served God for selfish reasons (Job 1:6-12, 2:1-7)
So their banishment from heaven wasn't after they rebelled against God.
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by MuttleyLaff: 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:

Share a verse from the bible and I will show you another verse that contradicts it.

Cc Hoopernikao
DappaD
GRIMMJOE
Muttleylaff
You'll find seemingly false positive inconsistencies and contradictions in translations, but not an/or never in either of the original texts
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Myer(m): 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
DappaD:

Okay, now look closely at last part of Revelation 12:12, “...Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time”
When Satan was completely confined to the earth in 1914, he brought about the First World War in history which led to the slaughter of up to 40million[actual figure not confirmed] people, then still under his influence, in the years 1918-1920, the world experienced casualties as well from the then Spanish Flu (a global pandemic), even so in the year 1930, the whole world fell into economic shambles because of the Great Depression, the recurring earthquakes at the beginning of the 1900's and the Second World War[which is tagged the deadliest human conflict ever] had more than 85million deaths and ever since then the world has NOT known peace because of Satan's direct influence, but wait THERE'S MORE! When Jesus' disciple requested a sign of his presence[i.e as him being appointed King of God's Kingdom], he then told him at Matthew 24:1-14 and Luke 21:7-11, the things that would take place in the time of his presence and the end of this system of things. smiley

I actually thought you would mention the amalgamation of Nigeria, since we're helping God decide now. cheesy

Several prophesies of end times have been given before 1914. Just do your research. That your organisation decided WW1 fo be the sign of end time, what then happened in WW2? Another end time?

You know the interesting contradiction to this?

God himself promised never to destroy the earth again after Noah's Ark. Did you miss that?

Genesis 8:21-22
And when the Lord smelled the pleasing aroma, the Lord said in his heart, “I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man’s heart is evil from his youth. Neither will I ever again strike down every living creature as I have done.
While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.”
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Myer(m): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You'll find seemingly false positive inconsistencies and contradictions in translations, but not an/or never in either of the original texts

Kindly share one, I'm sure we will.
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by MuttleyLaff: 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:
Kindly share one, I'm sure we will.

MuttleyLaff:
I didnt actually miss the joke, what I've done is go ahead of you.

Its true we both are speaking the truth, however the disagreement is because I am aware you believe there are existing from the original texts inconsistencies and contradictions in the Bible, when there is nothing of the sort in the original text(s)

MuttleyLaff:
... I have already said that the Bible is a prophetic and fulfilling book, unlike the other book of Goob, which isnt. Another thing about the Bible, is that it hasnt got any seemingly inconsistencies and alleged contradictions that arent each and all explainable and easily understood, because if you know, you know, and who no know, no go know, and be thinking there are inconsistencies and contradictions when there arent. The book of Goob, is just as its name the word goob is, it is a book full of stupidity, silliness and daftness. Nothing prophetic about it, nothing revelatory about it. It's just an outright shameless sham fantasy book full of gobbledygook.

Now give me your best shot out of all your, the seemingly inconsistencies and alleged contradictions in the Bible, if it wont be explained to you. C'mon, bring it on.
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
I don't understand you
"Kindly share one, I'm sure we will" what?
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by AeroplaneApple: 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
DappaD:

Revelation 12:12 has no relation whatsoever with
if I had told him myself that he was shallow, he would have felt offended and that was why I chose to deny him a response.

You can see him trying to catch a straw with all the verses he is quoting grin
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by DappaD: 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2020
Myer:

I actually thought you would mention the amalgamation of Nigeria, since we're helping God decide now. cheesy

Several prophesies of end times have been given before 1914. Just do your research. That your organisation decided WW1 fo be the sign of end time, what then happened in WW2? Another end time?

You know the interesting contradiction to this?

God himself promised never to destroy the earth again after Noah's Ark. Did you miss that?

Genesis 8:21-22
And when the Lord smelled the pleasing aroma, the Lord said in his heart, “I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man’s heart is evil from his youth. Neither will I ever again strike down every living creature as I have done.
While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.”
Those things happening simultaneously doesn't mean it will only occur once! That it affects the world on a general scale is what matters here! You can keep arguing with the Bible all you want, that's the reason I didn't want to be involved with this thread in the first place undecided

Genesis 8:21:
“And Jehovah began to smell a pleasing aroma. So Jehovah said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground on man’s account, for the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up; and never again will I strike down every living thing as I have done.”
Emphasis on “every living thing” means it involves both man and beast, He would never destroy man and animals like that again.
As for the wicked people, they are to be expunged from the earth and stricken down(Psalm 37:10,104:35, Proverbs 2:22)
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by Myer(m): 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
JhayJoe:
DOES GOD TEMPT HUMANS?

"Let no man say when he is tempted, i am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man"-James 1:13

"And it came to pass after these things,that God DID TEMPT Abraham"-Genesis 22:1

CAN HUMANS SEE GOD?

"No one has ever seen God"-1 John 4:12
"No man has seen or can see God"-1 Timothy 6:16

"The Lord APPEARED to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of that day"- Genesis 18:17
"The Lord would speak to Moses FACE TO FACE, as one speaks to a friend"-Exodus 33:11

Thanks for pointing this out.
They would pretend not to see this now.
Re: The Bible- Its Contradictions And Inconsistencies by DappaD: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
AeroplaneApple:
if I had told him myself that he was shallow, he would have felt offended and that was why I chose to deny him a response.

You can see him trying to catch a straw with all the verses he is quoting grin
The more he does it shows how empty he is, to be honest.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did God Cast Satan Down To Earth? / Massive Protests In Different Parts Of The World Against Covid_19 Vaccines / How Sinful Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.