Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

The Arrogance Of Penterascals - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Arrogance Of Penterascals (1076 Views)

The Arrogance Of Jehovah / The Arrogance Of Pentecostalism / The Arrogance Of Christianity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: The Arrogance Of Penterascals by Kobojunkie: 7:22am On Jun 23, 2020
Joagbaje:

Why not the epistles
The gospels contain the Word of God, God's own truth where the Word contains power that is experienced once obeyed.

The gospel is where you will find the details of the new Covenant that God promised and gave us, commandments that when obeyed release the blessings and even the seal that was promised into our lives.

The gospel is Jesus Christ Himself beckoning and saying come to me and I will give you rest from the old yoke you carry....He is the Word of God, the truth of God and He is alive in the words that He spoke..words recorded in the gospels.

Obedience being the key to unlock the Word in one's life.
Re: The Arrogance Of Penterascals by Joagbaje(m): 7:47am On Jun 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The gospels contain the Word of God, God's own truth where the Word contains power that is experienced once obeyed.

The gospel is where you will find the details of the new Covenant that God promised and gave us, commandments that when obeyed release the blessings and even the seal that was promised into our lives.

The gospel is Jesus Christ Himself beckoning and saying come to me and I will give you rest from the old yoke you carry....He is the Word of God, the truth of God and He is alive in the words that He spoke..words recorded in the gospels.

Obedience being the key to unlock the Word in one's life.

The gospels are introduction of what is coming. Acts of apostle is manifestations of what the gospels say is coming while the epistles shows you what has come . The epistles are the mirror for the Christians. That is the place you understand christianity. In the gospel christ has not died. The old covenant was still in operation. The epistles explains the the new covenant

Eph 2:19 — Eph 2:20
Christ Our Cornerstone
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone

1 Like

Re: The Arrogance Of Penterascals by Kobojunkie: 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
Joagbaje:
The gospels are introduction of what is coming. Acts of apostle is manifestations of what the gospels say is coming while the epistles shows you what has come . The epistles are the mirror for the Christians. That is the place you understand christianity. In the gospel christ has not died. The old covenant was still in operation. The epistles explains the the new covenant
Sigh! undecided
The epistles do not even contain information about the blessings, curses, or even every commandment of the New Covenant, so how can they be said to explain the New Covenant?

The Epistles do not even detail the steps to become a Born again Follower of Jesus Christ as stipulated by Jesus Christ Himself and recorded in the gospels, so how can they be considered a mirror for Christ's followers?

The Epistles were written by ordinary men like you and me, so how can their words be said to replace the words that are the Word of God, Jesus Christ, the way, the truth, and the Life?
Jesus explained the reality of this when He said, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God(The Word of God). He bolstered this when He proclaimed,"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life...No one comes to the Father, except through me." You cannot come to God by obeying the words of Paul, John, Peter, James, or Jude. No, their words are nothing but words of ordinary men like you and I. The only way to God is through the obedience of the words/commandments of Jesus Christ as written, and the Word of God is found in the gospels.

Acts of the Apostles is a story of how the first Christians came to be. It does not tell you anything about the New Covenant Himself, for the New Covenant is Christ Himself. He is the one whose words are TRUTH... not the words of His followers, not the words of some pastors who came later. No, the truth you seek is Jesus Christ, and only by obeying His very words can you be ushered into the life that is His.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brethren, Midnight Prayer Does Wonders. Please Do It. / Something Important To Know About Battle Prayers In Book Of Psalms / Another Reason I Will Leave Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.