Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) (79004 Views)

Updates On Developments In Cross-river State-photos/videos / Updates On Developments In Kaduna State (Photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by 3pointsagree: 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Nice one!

Any recent pics of that tall bridge built out in the countryside? It’s called Iyi…..something. Can’t remember the full name now.

That flyover is fully completed and open for traffic
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by 3pointsagree: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
3pointsagree:

That flyover is fully completed and open for traffic
The Iyere Flyover

4 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Pass11: 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2022
The new ebonyi international stadium is taking a new shape cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Pass11: 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2022
cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Pass11: 4:53pm On Dec 15, 2022
Ebonyi international airport picture cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Pass11: 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
Road leading to the international airport

7 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 4:06am On Dec 16, 2022
Pass11:
The new ebonyi international stadium is taking a new shape cheesy cheesy

It’s starting to look like a stadium! Impressed with how they got the measurements right!

2 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 4:14am On Dec 16, 2022
Governor Umahi commissions Ebonyi shopping mall! This section must have been newly finished as it’s the first time i’m seeing it. Looks like Shoprite but the shelves are not as high, so i’m guessing it’s a new concessionaire running it.

Impressively expansive with attention paid to detail!

Courtesy Njenje Media TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODrz9M9wW_o
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 6:33am On Dec 16, 2022
IGBOSON1:
Governor Umahi commissions Ebonyi shopping mall! This section must have been newly finished as it’s the first time i’m seeing it. Looks like Shoprite but the shelves are not as high, so i’m guessing it’s a new concessionaire running it.

Impressively expansive with attention paid to detail!

Courtesy Njenje Media TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODrz9M9wW_o

It's actually Everday Supermarket. Also featured in this clip is the upcoming Mall Games Centre (@7.00).

Courtesy Madamsabi Cook: https://www.youtube.com/@madamsabicook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pUyB7mCVvk

1 Like

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Pass11: 7:27am On Dec 16, 2022
IGBOSON1:

It’s starting to look like a stadium! Impressed with how they got the measurements right!
With local contractors

5 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by 3pointsagree: 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2022
EBonYi

1 Like

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ofodirinwa: 4:27am On Dec 19, 2022
I'm actually considering buying property in the Ebonyi area. I saw a village that would be beyond perfect for a vacation home by the Cross River. Blue water, nature and peaceful surroundings.

5 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Despacito1: 7:42am On Dec 19, 2022
Pass11:

With local contractors

This locally made contractors should be encouraged, they saved our money here and have us a standard project except for the bad choice of colour made by Umahi...

Oyibo are using their contactors, while we choose to use theirs and called out engineers local. To me it's a national contractors and should be encourage by buying bigger machinery's, more training etc

6 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2022
Despacito1:

This locally made contractors should be encouraged, they saved our money here and have us a standard project except for the bad choice of colour made by Umahi...

Oyibo are using their contactors, while we choose to use theirs and called out engineers local. To me it's a national contractors and should be encourage by buying bigger machinery's, more training etc

Exactly!

Had we been using indigenous contractors for our projects from the early 70s to date, by now they would have improved to the level of the Julius Bergers of this world! The country should have built on that Biafran ingenuity, self-belief and never-say-never-again spirit (apologies to Ian Flemming) that saw a look inwards instead of going to oyibo for everything!

Awarding multi-billion/million dollar contracts to foreign construction coys was just one way politicians milked the system through inflation of contract costs and kickbacks! This led to foreign contractors quoting ridiculous prices for their services knowing they’d be approved on a scratch-my-back-i-scratch-yours basis!

I’m damn impressed with the kind of gigantic projects Umahi delivers with local contractors and on a shoestring budget! All i’d add is they could improve a bit on the final finishing. For this, they may need to buy some sophisticated and high-end machines/tools to give the job a better finish, as well as contract one or two experienced engineers from one of those big multi-national construction coys, to help train local contractors.

Another bugbear i have with delivered mega projects in the state is Umahis’ penchant for covering them in a colour riot and too many flashing multi-coloured lights! The flyovers looked nice as they were initially before Umahi gave them that his unique touch!

You could say he’s got the Midas touch….with a 21st century twist!

3 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by 3pointsagree: 8:50pm On Dec 23, 2022
Ebonyi Airport is London color
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ofodirinwa: 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2022
3pointsagree:
Ebonyi Airport is London color

lol, i wish it wasn't 'london color' then

1 Like

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 3:31am On Jan 07, 2023
Present level of ongoing construction works at Ebonyi stadium.

Impressive job done so far and they're quite fast too. Looks like Umahi wants to see it completed before he hands over in a few months time. I really don't know how he's managing to pull off delivering on all these mega-projects for a state with such relatively poor IGR and federal allocation. As has been suggested on the Anambra thread, other governors should take tips from Ebonyi on how to use local contractors/labour for some of their projects...especially roads.

Hope they use the space under the stands adequately...for offices, toilets, changing rooms, medical centre, gallery, shops, etc.

Courtesy ChrisCam Tube: https://www.youtube.com/@chriscamtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS-Dh1ZeDu4

4 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 3:30am On Jan 12, 2023
Update on contruction works at Ebonyi airport.

Looks promising, and i hope its finished before they handover to a new gov't in the state later in the year.

They should ensure the landscaping in and around the airport is improved upon. New arrivals into the airport should see well maintained greenery: manicured lawns; trees; dust/sediment/rubbish free runway, tarmac, parking lot and roads. Also, the airport road from the flyover to the airport entrance should have trees and carpet grass on either side.

Umahi has really delivered on infrastructure in the state, and if i had my way, he would do a 3rd term to consolidate. My fear is the next governor would not be as driven as he is. Let's be honest, he's an exception to the normal governors we have in the country.

Courtesy, madamsabi cook: https://www.youtube.com/@madamsabicook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-c1l_c0w0

2 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 2:29am On Jan 15, 2023
I wanted to upload two YouTube clips of Port Harcourt and Abakaliki so we could make a comparative analysis of the two cities to see what the Ebonyi state gov't can improve on to make Abakaliki look even better. I'm impressed with how Wike has improved the aesthetis, ambience, cleanliness, greenery and order of Port Harcourt, and there's a lot the state gov'ts of Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra, Imo and Abia can borrow from Rivers state to improve on our major cities in the south-east.

Rivers state receives much more by way of federal allocation, 13% derivation and IGR than any state in the south-east, so it would be unfair to expect major cities in the south-east to look as good as Port Harcourt. However, there are little things we could do to improve on our cities and make them look almost as good (and in the case of Owerri and Enugu....even as good) as Port Harcourt.

In Port Harcourt, notice how there's hardly any unsightly bare/muddy open spaces by the road sides. For the most part, it's either sidewalks (with underground drainage) and carpet grass. This makes the street look neat and clean, and limits the dust/mud/sediment that we normally see on roads in our cities in the south-east as well as limits the amount of dust in the atmosphere. Also, notice the roads are swept, marked and (for the most part) have working traffic lights. There's also little roadside clutter and unsightly signages as commercial activities are better organised. These are all achieved by having a working and committed state and local gov't. You normally see the no-nonsense governor going about and reading the riot act where necessary so everyone knows nonsense wouldn't be tolerated. You hardly see the governors of Enugu, Imo and Abia going about and keeping everyone on their toes...only the governors of Anambra and Ebonyi are doing well in this regard.

Notice there's a planned and concerted efforts at tree planting, and not the half-assed attempt we see in our cities in the south-east. With Abakaliki, one can notice Umahi likes to concrete over everywhere and doesn't seem to care much about organised tree planting (like we see done in Abuja) or covering open grounds on the sides of the road with well manicured carpet grass. There's been some attempt at tree palnting in Abakaliki, but as i said, it's more of a half-hearted attempt and not uniform.

I remember when Amaechi was governor of Rivers state, there was a gov't policy that perimiter walls of individual and commercial properties should be at a certain distance from the roads, and this led to the demolition of the walls of many properties in Port harcourt as greedy landlords had built their perimeter walls almost on top of the roads in the city. This is another problem we have with our cities in the south-east...walls of properties being built as close to the roads as possible, and the unwillingness of our gov'ts to use the Amaechi approach so space can be created for sidewalks and some greenery. However, cities like Enugu, Owerri, Aba and Onitsha have planned parts that conform with this rule of setting perimeter walls of properties at some distance away from the roads.

Finally, like i acknowledged before, south-east states are not as wealthy as Rivers state, but if we're going to use localised labour and localised contractors to do some of our roads, then we need to get them to improve on their finishing. Ebonyi state gov't has tried in the use of localised labour for the construction of its major and inner-city roads, but you can see they don't compare with the roads JB built in and around Port Harcourt city. State gov'ts can get some experienced civil engineers from these multi-national civil engineering coys to impact their knowledge on our own homegrown engineers so the finishing of their jobs can be just as good as the ones done by foreigners.

First clip shows Port Harcourt. Courtesy Access Media Travel: https://www.youtube.com/@AccessMediaTravel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y-dsKjBtlY

Second clip shows Abakaliki. Courtesy Travel And See: https://www.youtube.com/@travelandsee1960

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jelVeOEqg1U

2 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by ebufa: 4:51am On Jan 15, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Exactly!

Had we been using indigenous contractors for our projects from the early 70s to date, by now they would have improved to the level of the Julius Bergers of this world! The country should have built on that Biafran ingenuity, self-belief and never-say-never-again spirit (apologies to Ian Flemming) that saw a look inwards instead of going to oyibo for everything!

Awarding multi-billion/million dollar contracts to foreign construction coys was just one way politicians milked the system through inflation of contract costs and kickbacks! This led to foreign contractors quoting ridiculous prices for their services knowing they’d be approved on a scratch-my-back-i-scratch-yours basis!

I’m damn impressed with the kind of gigantic projects Umahi delivers with local contractors and on a shoestring budget! All i’d add is they could improve a bit on the final finishing. For this, they may need to buy some sophisticated and high-end machines/tools to give the job a better finish, as well as contract one or two experienced engineers from one of those big multi-national construction coys, to help train local contractors.

Another bugbear i have with delivered mega projects in the state is Umahis’ penchant for covering them in a colour riot and too many flashing multi-coloured lights! The flyovers looked nice as they were initially before Umahi gave them that his unique touch!

You could say he’s got the Midas touch….with a 21st century twist!

Maybe Umahi is color blind........it can be sprayed over later!

2 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2023
Latest updates on Ebonyi airport construction works.

Things are moving at a frenetic pace and looks like they would finish the job in the next two months. He's doing a sterling job with the actual civil engineering part of the job...just wish he could leave the interior decor planning and execution part of the job to the experts in that field. Besides the overbearing and heavy colouring going on, there are one or two other things i would have changed inside the terminal bulding: like the choice of lighting (chandeliers are just not in keeping with a modern terminal building, as well as those fancy wall-mounted lights), and the width of the steps should have been widened to accomodate those with luggage. But on the whole, a commendable effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfi7JNkk02A

1 Like

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by oilykid(m): 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2023
IGBOSON1:
Latest updates on Ebonyi airport construction works.

Things are moving at a frenetic pace and looks like they would finish the job in the next two months. He's doing a sterling job with the actual civil engineering part of the job...just wish he could leave the interior decor planning and execution part of the job to the experts in that field. Besides the overbearing and heavy colouring going on, there are one or two other things i would have changed inside the terminal bulding: like the choice of lighting (chandeliers are just not in keeping with a modern terminal building, as well as those fancy wall-mounted lights), and the width of the steps should have been widened to accomodate those with luggage. But on the whole, a commendable effort.

Nice..umahi is really trying. I also wish he engage more in economic and industrial projects too. Ebonyi is the food basket of the nation and I'm yet to see him commission any mega economic agricultural projects in the state. Even the lime Stone and granite that Ebonyi state is blessed for is yet to be utilized for industrial purposes. Any update on ibeto/nkalaagu cement factory?

4 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 11:45am On Jan 26, 2023
oilykid:

Nice..umahi is really trying. I also wish he engage more in economic and industrial projects too. Ebonyi is the food basket of the nation and I'm yet to see him commission any mega economic agricultural projects in the state. Even the lime Stone and granite that Ebonyi state is blessed for is yet to be utilized for industrial purposes. Any update on ibeto/nkalaagu cement factory?

Dead as Dodo! This is the problem with the few big-ticket projects planned for the south-east.....they always encounter problems because they're left for the region alone to fund or drive, unlike those in other regions that benefit in one way or the other from 'federal might'! All the more reason why Umahi and Obiano should be commended for the little they achieved in their states.
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by oilykid(m): 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Dead as Dodo! This is the problem with the few big-ticket projects planned for the south-east.....they always encounter problems because they're left for the region alone to fund or drive, unlike those in other regions that benefit in one way or the other from 'federal might'! All the more reason why Umahi and Obiano should be commended for the little they achieved in their states.
I thought they said ibeto wanted to fund it then
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2023
oilykid:

I thought they said ibeto wanted to fund it then

He did! I even remember Umahi mentioning it in one of his media briefings. Unfortunately, it looks like the plans fell through probably owing to the pressures of covid and other financial issues!

This is why i pray Peter Obi wins next month so all regions in the country can be treated equally and we don’t have a repeat of a situation where Kaduna and Daura received more federal gov’t attention and federally-enabled investments than the entire south-east put together! I’m sure if Ibeto had got some kind of support and encouragement from the federal gov’t, he could have been able to realise his plans for Nkalagu cement….a coy that was once one of the top cement coys in the country, a money spinner and a pride of the east!

2 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by 3pointsagree: 2:25pm On Feb 01, 2023
[Where is Ebonyi Airport test flight?

Wayo plo
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by oilykid(m): 11:42am On Feb 02, 2023
3pointsagree:
[Where is Ebonyi Airport test flight?

Wayo plo
Serious work is on going on the airport.both the airport and stadium should be done this year.. I'm following them on YouTube
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by oilykid(m): 11:44am On Feb 02, 2023
IGBOSON1:

He did! I even remember Umahi mentioning it in one of his media briefings. Unfortunately, it looks like the plans fell through probably owing to the pressures of covid and other financial issues!

This is why i pray Peter Obi wins next month so all regions in the country can be treated equally and we don’t have a repeat of a situation where Kaduna and Daura received more federal gov’t attention and federally-enabled investments than the entire south-east put together! I’m sure if Ibeto had got some kind of support and encouragement from the federal gov’t, he could have been able to realise his plans for Nkalagu cement….a coy that was once one of the top cement coys in the country, a money spinner and a pride of the east!
Can't ebonyi state and ibeto jointly fund the project just like abia state did with the power project in ABA
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Cjrane2: 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
This Airport promises to be of Spectacular quality and international standard!!!
This airport will make the future of the state very very bright!

Congratulations to Dave Umahi and all Ebonyians for achieving this uncommon feat!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=260Q5YbOGdE&t=5s

1 Like

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Cjrane2: 12:57am On Feb 09, 2023
oilykid:

Hopefully, Umahi is already planning on how to keep the airport busy by also attracting tourists and business people to Abakaliki.

Owerri flights are always full and overbooked because Nigerians fly to Owerri to have f fun-filled weekend with good food and clubbing.

If Umahi can incentivize Cubana Chief Priest to establish a small to moderate-sized Cubana night club in the Abakaliki Centenary city, it will gradually rival Owerri in the number of tourists and other Nigerians visiting the city to relax, eat good food and spend money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 5:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
Cjrane2:

Hopefully, Umahi is already planning on how to keep the airport busy by also attracting tourists and business people to Abakaliki.

Owerri flights are always full and overbooked because Nigerians fly to Owerri to have f fun-filled weekend with good food and clubbing.

If Umahi can incentivize Cubana Chief Priest to establish a small to moderate-sized Cubana night club in the Abakaliki Centenary city, it will gradually rival Owerri in the number of tourists and other Nigerians visiting the city to relax, eat good food and spend money.

Spot on bros Cj!

The upcoming Olympic stadium is another socio-economic catalyst that would have multiplier effects on the states’ economy! The airport, mall, international market and Olympic stadium will all feed off of each other! And the state has much scope to expand its eco-tourism sector which the airport will help achieve! All they need now is at least one kickass 5-Star Hotel that will compliment the other projects nicely and show they’re not just a flash-in-the-pan!

Even though i don’t like his political choices of recent, if i had my way Umahi would go for a 3rd term to help consolidate his vision for the state! I doubt the stadium would be finished by May this year, and i don’t want them rushing things and doing a shoddy job….ditto the airport as well!

Clip courtesy Ebonyi People TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkL8sM_j5IU
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 6:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
A more detailed update of ongoing works at Ebonyi airport, courtesy madamsabi cook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMAgQRzB3ek

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Security Men Guarding Fayose Leaving Ekiti Government House (Photos) / Boko Haram Releases Pix Of Armoured Tanks, Operation Vehicles Captured From Army / Wike Declares Farah Dagogo Wanted, He Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.